It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weaponry for Home Defence in the UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Evening all,

The current social, political and economical state of the UK, albeit the world, at this moment in time has really made me think about defence for my home and family.

Naturally if we had the right to bear arms in this country it wouldn't be a problem. I would just pop down to the local gunsmith and pick up a shooter. Unfortunately we do not and i don't have a section 2 let alone section 5 firearms certificate. So a gun is out of the question.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I have a young family and in this current climate don't feel the government will be able to protect us if/when the shtf...

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I feel that having sticks/clubs/batons (26 inches is about standard) the best defense and learning to use them. With proper training, gives you an edge against multiple attackers and criminals with knives. Second to that, you should learn a good hand to hand self-defense art--I like Kenpo/kempo- plenty of those places in the Uk, If not, then Jiu-Jitsu, Krav-Maga or Filipino Martial Arts. Before any of that, though, for home defense, get some dogs. They don't have to be huge or Pit bulls, a couple of nice Lab size dogs would do. Loud barks and will protect the family. Plenty of little weapons you can get as well like Kubatons, you can put those on your key chains.
edit on 8-12-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingDoey
Naturally if we had the right to bear arms in this country it wouldn't be a problem.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

How about a tersely worded warning not to molest you or your family?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: KingDoey
1 can of oil based spray paint and a Bic lighter... substitute road flare for Bic lighter if you are worried about a Bic lighter flame blowing out.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I think you can get semi-automatic air rifles. Crossbows are also an option. A decent catapult is also very effective, Black Widow comes to mind.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
A decent catapult is also very effective...

Until there is torsion weapon ban.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
On a serious note I am quite proficient with a bow. I have heard it is still written in the common law about every Englishman has to practice with a bow. to this day.

I wouldn't recommend using it as a weapon though as it could a very effective one. it is really fun to do as well.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

A decent catapult is also very effective...

Until there is torsion weapon ban.

Don't give them ideas...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

1 can of oil based spray paint and a Bic lighter... substitute road flare for Bic lighter if you are worried about a Bic lighter flame blowing out.

That will land you in jail..

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Don't give them ideas...

Well, catapults serve no practical purpose and are a military weapon used to terrorize and destroy fixed fortifications which should not be in the hands of civilians. Why you may feel you are entitled to operate one in the defense of your home what is to stop others from acquiring one themselves and using it on a group of unsuspecting civilians?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
A pair of steel capped boots? A golfing umbrella? Bladerunner stab proof clothing? A can of hairspray - that burns if it goes into your eyes.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

You don't really need a gun or a bomb. What you need is something that will stop a bullet, and the means to strike an attacking enemy with lethal force. And the attitude, to hunt the enemy if he's in your house.

For that, you've got a load of kitchen supplies that will do ... just put "Home Alone" on your shopping list for Christmas, then watch and learn.

+3 more 
link   

Does anyone have any recommendations? I have a young family and in this current climate don't feel the government will be able to protect us if/when the shtf...

If you have the means I would suggest moving to a country that won't treat you like a criminal for protecting your family.

link   
I have a few ideas that i wont share in an open forum. Though Paintball Guns are legal and Frozen paint balls will knock out your teeth and they can go full auto.

Best defence is the UK is a Big Dog or a fat ugly wife.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingDoey

Cheers!

Don't you guys have cricket bats, nasty weapons...

link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Best defence is the UK is a Big Dog or a fat ugly wife.

Redundant.

link   
I have an English Bulldog who is soft as s***e so not much good. Got the standard baseball bat and an air rifle but tbh .22 pellets aren't going to stop much. Crossbow is what I was thinking but not sure which brands/manufacturers are decent.... And the Bic lighter with aerosol reminds me of something we used to do at school!

Cheers

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Bournemouth?

Nothing ever happens there that requires exceptional home defences. Last time there was a threat was the Germans reaching the Channel Islands in 1943.

Hordes of tourists every summer are a pain the ass. Not sure you'd need to go all Vinnie Jones though.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

HP Brown Sauce...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I think you can get semi-automatic air rifles. Crossbows are also an option. A decent catapult is also very effective, Black Widow comes to mind.

Any air gun bought new at a reputable dealer is recorded by the police.
New crossbows and bolts are security coded and recorded too.
If you bought new. The police know your address.
I don't know if bow and arrow are recorded or not.
You could make your own though.
Or buy second hand.
What do you think you need one for?
The propaganda seems to be taking an effect.
Dogs were a good suggestion.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join