It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weaponry for Home Defence in the UK

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Not entirely sure whom I would need to defend myself against. But if there is an invasions of orcs or zombies, I have an ice axe. Possibly the most lethal hand weapon you can openly carry in public

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
Not entirely sure whom I would need to defend myself against. But if there is an invasions of orcs or zombies, I have an ice axe. Possibly the most lethal hand weapon you can openly carry in public

Possibly, but I should imagine that literally openly carrying one down the local high street would result in a few side wards glances and they could get, understandably, jumpy if you took it on a stroll into your local Poundland.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anaana

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

Possibly, but I should imagine that literally openly carrying one down the local high street would result in a few side wards glances and they could get, understandably, jumpy if you took it on a stroll into your local Poundland.

Yeah, try it and let us know how you get on.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
1) Crossbow
2) High powered battery operated, construction grade, portable NAIL GUN
3) High end taser
4) Good old fashioned Katana

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
1) Crossbow
3) High end taser

Tasers are illegal in the UK.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

1) Crossbow
3) High end taser

GEEZUS...talk about sitting ducks

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: KingDoey

I get where you are coming from but i have to point out that even storing a weapon in your home or car with the intention of using it can and will get you arrested if found by our so called Police officers. Few we tips never keep a weapon next to your front door or in any compartment of your car, or even next to your bed. Even defending yourself with such a weapon can and will be views as premeditation, especially if you end up doing the perp a serious injury.

Our law sucks with regards to protection ourselves/self defense.

edit on 9-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

1) Crossbow
3) High end taser

As is pepper spray and i include home made in that category.
edit on 9-12-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

1) Crossbow
3) High end taser

So basically, the UK, which is becoming a proxy of the Mid East overnight, is utterly defenseless against all potential attackers.

What HAPPENED to you guys?
edit on 9-12-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

This is going to sound cliche and weird but as an American child I remember listening to Euro Pop bands from the UK, Morrissey, the Cure,The Smiths, etc. And I used to think how cool it would be to visit.

Now I see video, read news, see photos of once GREAT "British" landmarks, countryside, towns...and all I can think is "WTF HAPPENED"??
edit on 9-12-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Incidental weapons are okay though, you know, stuff laying around your place which you happen to employ in the event of using reasonable force to defend yourself.
Plenty of stuff incidentally lying around my mancave and van, Nailgun, hammers, wrecking bars, foot long maglight, crossbow, knives, frying pans lol.
The law allows the use of weapons when it considers that it was a reasonable option to defend against attack.
I've stabbed a man through the shoulder who was burgling my home, and didn't even get a caution because the police and Crown Prosecution service agreed that it was reasonable to use it given the circumstances.
Most people # things up for themselves by being thick as # and forgetting to base all interview explanations on reasonable force required through fear of attack.

It's even okay to attack first in the UK if real fear of imminent attack was the reason and the court accept it was in self defence or defence of others. I've been found not guilty before now for an attack to avoid an attack.
Such cases always go to court though as you would imagine.
Most people in the UK are thick as # about the law though and use angry emotional lines of defence in police/court interviews, which will never win. Fear, and fear of the safety for others is the only defence UK law allows.
Personally I see no reason to change things with the law here, but I'm not thick as # when it comes to working within it's constraints.

*Edit*
Reasonable force laws are great in the UK if one is not a Jerry Springer/Jeremy kyle type who doesn't understand such a concept.
edit on 9.12.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

(post by rewdy75 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

If it is a one-on-one attack, some of the suggestions in this thread sound really good.

However, If it is mobs of baddies, whether terrorists who have been sleeping and are instructed to awaken, or roaming gangs, you really need a 12-gauge with 00 buck and/or a semi-automatic pistol, 45 or 9MM. Otherwise, the other method is to sit down, lean forward, stick your head between your legs, and kiss your *ss goodbye.

It must suck to realize you cannot protect your family properly should the shtf. Rather than the world getting safer, it is getting more and more evil, imo, and I am so grateful for our 2A. Once it is gone, then the whole world, Americans included, will be subjects rather than citizens.

A short-barreled riot-type shotgun is more easily maneuverable in a house if you can acquire one like a Remington 870 pump action shotgun with an extended magazine. Good luck, friend.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Your image of the UK is a little bit 1985. Over here it's 2015. We're not like China, it's the exact same year and month in the UK as in the US. The time differs and that's because of something we call 'time-zones.'

You don't want to visit us. We're bogged down with internet, PS4s, 21st century calendars and Morrissey is in his late 50s. Seriously. You can shop all day without being shot at by Muslims and, boy, you can walk around Bournemouth without being mugged, IEDd or captured by ISIS.

People of the UK have travelled to Bournemouth for over a century. It's a holiday destination and a good weekend out. I haven't checked wiki so might have this all wrong. AFAIK we've had no home invasions, suicide bombings, school shootings or gang shoot-outs in Bournemouth.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

1) Crossbow
3) High end taser

So basically, the UK, which is becoming a proxy of the Mid East overnight, is utterly defenseless against all potential attackers.

What HAPPENED to you guys?

This is going to sound cliche and weird but as an American child I remember listening to Euro Pop bands from the UK, Morrissey, the Cure,The Smiths, etc. And I used to think how cool it would be to visit.

Now I see video, read news, see photos of once GREAT "British" landmarks, countryside, towns...and all I can think is "WTF HAPPENED"??

And we also look at America and think, when the hell did the USA become a bunch of Big girls Arses scared of there own shadows. How times change mate.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

My understanding is that it's ok to use a weapon to protect yourself, pick something at hand up. But you cannot keep weapons on your person or otherwise stored at predetermined or strategic location or you could indeed be charged with having an offensive weapon. Suppose our Police officers interpretation of the law varies from place to place. But in a nation where you can receive upwards of six months in prison for possession of a weapon you need to be dam carefully.

As to weapons used for sport or hunting think they need to be stored properly, it not like you can own a bow and claim it's for defence against any would be intruders.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: grainofsand

My understanding is that it's ok to use a weapon to protect yourself, pick something at hand up. But you cannot keep weapons on your person or otherwise stored at predetermined or strategic location or you could indeed be charged with having an offensive weapon. Suppose our Police officers interpretation of the law varies from place to place. But in a nation where you can receive upwards of six months in prison for possession of a weapon you need to be dam carefully.

I'm a single guy in a single guys house. I practice bushcraft. My house is a tip compared to most houses where the wimminvolk are in charge. I have knives and axes and various other sharps probably in every room in this house...Strategic location..? i could go for a crap and would find a deadly instrument at hand. i pity the foo that breaks in here.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Say you have an axe or something similar located in you bed room, or down the side of the couch for home security. One night you have an argument with your partner and the Police are called by neighbours, few hours later everything's calmed down, the police arrive. They can and will gain entry to your property simply to determine your lady is ok and they spot said axe down the side of the sofa. They will charge you with an offensive weapon. I pretty much know this for a fact because it happened to my friend.

As to protecting your self and messing up any would be burglars or intruders, I'm with you on that score, unfortunately not all police are similarly inclined.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Say you have an axe or something similar located in you bed room, or down the side of the couch for home security. One night you have an argument with your partner and the Police are called by neighbours, few hours later everything's calmed down, the police arrive. They can and will gain entry to your property simply to determine your lady is ok and they spot said axe down the side of the sofa. They will charge you with an offensive weapon. I pretty much know this for a fact because it happened to my friend.

All depends who's house it is. if it's yours by either ownership or rented then they need a warrant to enter the property. Your lady can go sit in the garden or piss off back to her mothers or the Police can piss off with her.
The police will not enter this house without a warrant.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I'm afraid for all intents and purposes it does not matter if the property is rented or otherwise owned by yourself. If police decide the have reason to enter your home because they suspect someone is in danger, imagined or otherwise they will fource entry, with no warrant required. Sure you can report them, even try and sue them but without them actively showing malice not a solicitor in the land will attempt to prosecute. And chances are they will find something to charge you with just to keep themselves right. Them actively showing malice by the way would require repetition.

End of the day it's up to you what you wish to believe but I don't recommend testing the premise of the argument.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

A Taser gun
A Hunting Bow
A large Machete
A supped up bb rifle semi-automatic (if its allowed in your country)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join