It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition Seeks To Ban Donald Trump From U.K. Over Hate Speech

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: LSU0408

Thanks. I'm feeling the love.

You're feeling something, that's for sure.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

Could Donald Trump get banned from Britain?

An online petition calls on U.K. Home Secretary Theresa May to bar the Republican presidential frontrunner from entering the country for allegedly violating the nation's hate-speech laws.

If it receives 100,000 signatures, the petition could be taken up for debate in the House of Commons, according to The Independent.

The petition launched by Scottish resident and longtime Trump critic Suzanne Kelly blasts Trump for "unrepentant hate speech and unacceptable behavior" that "foments racial, religious and nationalistic intolerance which should not be welcome in the U.K."

Lol this is hilarious! Trump could get banned from the UK for his messages of hate. Good job UK I hope this is successful. It just goes to show that the rest of the world is watching and they don't approve either.

Here's part of the text of it:

“The UK has banned entry to many individuals for hate speech. This same principle should apply to Donald J Trump. We cannot see how the United Kingdom can condone his entry to the country when many people have been barred for less.

If the United Kingdom is to continue applying the ‘unacceptable behavior’ criteria to those who wish to enter its borders, it must be fairly applied to the rich as well as poor, and the weak as well as powerful.”

Oh and they've been successful with this before.

Such a ban would not be without precedent. Earlier this year, rapper Tyler the Creator was barred from entering the country for a string of tour dates due to some of his lyrics. Anti-Islam activist Pamela Geller was also banned in 2013.

Kudos to the UK for trying to do what the US cannot do!

So you are happy to see free speech stifled?

Well at least you can admit to being a fascist.

Fascism is what Trump is selling hun.

Yes, because he is the one championing extremist idiologies, like banning speech that you dont like right?

Maybe Trump should start lying and selling his entire presidential run on lies. That seems to be what they like over there on the left.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
He's a POS,the 1st time it was known he physically attacked his ex wife Ivana and started pulling her hair out before forcing himself on her,her friends or relatives should have knocked him on his egotistical arse

Mind you he would sue their collective arses off

trump violates women,that's his true slogan

America has far better and more deserving people to run for POTUS

As for him being banned over here,he would love that publicity-so let him come and let's just ignore him

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Hypersensitive drama queens like you guys make me feel like I'm in High School all over again.

Coming from someone who has shown they support redneck county where if you don't like Christmas then leave, I think the drama queen shot is a little weak. But then again some people who are very quick to shout they are allowed to offend become very uptight when it's them that are offended.

But this isn't about getting offended, not really, it's about someone who is attempting to become the next American president demonising people for their (legal) faith and their faith alone.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: forkedtongue

Hate speech is already banned in the UK, hun. This is just an application of that ban.

As for MY personal opinion on banning hate speech, I think it is a fine and dangerous line to tread, but Trump is certainly making a good case for doing it. I'm sure you'll twist those words to suit your narrative that I'm secretly the fascist though.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Yep love. Y'all love me so much you guys can't keep out of my threads to come in and talk about me. Some even start talking about me in threads that I'm not even participating in. It's like my personal fan club of haters.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

This petition will simply enhance his stature with those that share his beliefs, irrespective of what country is running the campaign. It will cause more people to talk about him and despite whether those conversations be positive or negative "There is no such thing as bad advertising".

Propaganda has risen to a new level.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: _damon

Not like i believe in Trump, he is a comedian like the rest. But he points to the issues that need an immediate solution, to hell with political correctness which will lead ultimately to LOSS of common sense and an UGLY CONCLUSION of the current civilization.. It wouldnt need much to create a global chaos, hope some are seeing it..

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Wow! You just happily removed free speech. Way to go!!!

[end sarcasm]

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I know and that is equally frustrating. Voicing my frustrations about this man goes to further promote his goals. It's a lose-lose situation.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I didn't remove anything. AGAIN the UK has already banned hate speech. Plus I don't even live in the UK.

Way to go in not understanding the OP!
edit on 8-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

An online petition calls on U.K. Home Secretary Theresa May to bar the Republican presidential frontrunner from entering the country for allegedly violating the nation's hate-speech laws.

If it receives 100,000 signatures, the petition could be taken up for debate in the House of Commons, according to The Independent.

The petition launched by Scottish resident and longtime Trump critic Suzanne Kelly blasts Trump for "unrepentant hate speech and unacceptable behavior" that "foments racial, religious and nationalistic intolerance which should not be welcome in the U.K."

Lol this is hilarious! Trump could get banned from the UK for his messages of hate. Good job UK I hope this is successful. It just goes to show that the rest of the world is watching and they don't approve either.

“The UK has banned entry to many individuals for hate speech. This same principle should apply to Donald J Trump. We cannot see how the United Kingdom can condone his entry to the country when many people have been barred for less.

If the United Kingdom is to continue applying the ‘unacceptable behavior’ criteria to those who wish to enter its borders, it must be fairly applied to the rich as well as poor, and the weak as well as powerful.”

Such a ban would not be without precedent. Earlier this year, rapper Tyler the Creator was barred from entering the country for a string of tour dates due to some of his lyrics. Anti-Islam activist Pamela Geller was also banned in 2013.

Yes, because he is the one championing extremist idiologies, like banning speech that you dont like right?

Maybe Trump should start lying and selling his entire presidential run on lies. That seems to be what they like over there on the left.

Seems that way....

I dont get how they cant see their own hypocrisy.

It should be smacking them in the face.

Do they even think, or do they just blindly follow what msnbc and huffpost tell them?
edit on 8-12-2015 by forkedtongue because: speeling correct

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm all for freedom of speech....hate speech I am not too comfortable with, but who am I to prevent someone from speaking their mind.

I would just ban Trump out for being an idiot.

People can say what they want, if they look like arseheads saying it then so be it.

Say something uncouth to me, my family or friends then expect a jab to the head, you are still welcome to say it.

Anyway, Trump and Boris Johnston should get together for a who's got the silliest blonde mop competition.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
If we banned hate speech in the US about 75% of the populace would have wear muzzles.
What a ridiculous notion punishing people for speaking what they feel.
This is how you treat 3 and 4 year olds, not adult populations.
Sorry Britain but you have gone way too far.

if your figures are right that 75% wd have to wear muzzles for banning hate speech .. i personally find it scarier, that you reckon the wrong part of that, is to want to publically oppose it and create a stigma of such things .. cos sooo many as 75% do it .. so it shd be okay then .. and 'going too far', to want to oppose such things .. cos, 75% do it .. lol ... okay .. great mentaility mate .. while your stance on hate speech isnt clear ... reading between the lines at what you wrote .. its not looking too pretty

there was a time not too long ago, that racism was actually more accceptable here in UK .. as in .. it wasnt generally frowned upon the way it is today ... thanks to education and public awareness (and more mixed races also living here also now i guess), i see a huge difference today, in what people find acceptable ... and in many cases its not PC gone too far .. but thats detail i had prob best not go into here ....

or do you think we should be done with public awareness and the likes .. and maybe even bring teh slaves back ?

hate speech can very much be a form of bullying .. and very distressful to many people in minorities here ... i dare say many suicides have resulted from it ... should bullying be allowed too mate ? ... silly to punish someone for wanting to hurt someone else ... cos 75% people do it ?

as long as we continue to embrace your attitude .. the 75% or whatever, will never ever change .... it will always be ... if you want change .. the only way, is to change, and stop sitting back back in your chair with your superior knowledge pointing down at the other people that do try to make change for the better !!
edit on 8-12-2015 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
"There is no such thing as bad advertising"

Besides, it matters not; the Trump is running for the POTUS (U.S>A>) ; even IF elected, the time will heal the broken hearts and some if not most will forget as usual.

POS or not; he is still the lead runner. period, one cannot argue...

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
seems more likely to me, that she already has a personal dislike towards him, as do i, and many others .. and is likely trying to use the hate speech as a grounds to ban him, to fulfill her own personal desires to nevber have him back in Scotland with his crappy golf course, or att the very least, use the petition as a platform, knowing full well it will never succeed, but as platform for people to publically show their dislike towards him ....

as unlikely as the whole thing is to go through anyway .. it stands a better chance, than raising a petition to ban him on the grounds hes an embarrassing twat that uses scotland as a base for more revenue towards his empire while the rest of us sit back helplessly fuming .. she did something about .. or tried to anyway .. good on her .. i wish the rest of the UK were on board with her, against this and all stupidity thats forced on us agsint our will ... and lets face it .. most of you probably wish you could ban him from US too ...
edit on 8-12-2015 by Segenam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
No plz, dont mussle trump, he is a walking talking joke.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Censorship and banishment due to what one says is a travesty, not a joke. It's an embarrassment to liberty.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Censorship and banishment due to what one says is a travesty, not a joke. It's an embarrassment to liberty.

I agree, and here we have several members praising it.......what happens when what they say isnt the flavor of the day, will they be fine with it then?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

No one said that. But being racist or having extreme racist like tendencies, or xenophobic, makes one an inferior person to others. Makes one a bad guy. I don't want a bad guy that on top of it, has claimed bankruptcy 4 times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join