It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition Seeks To Ban Donald Trump From U.K. Over Hate Speech

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Ok, so it seems (once again) we were not given the whole picture on this issue.
After reading what he actually said, with regard to banning the immigration, until the vetting system is fixed, it makes a whole lot of sense, something that surely any sane person would get behind?

I was discussing this with some work colleagues today who were talking about the ridiculous petition and they too had not heard the whole story, and once they did, changed their tune somewhat and agreed it was a good idea.

How many people get suckered into these issues and blindly believe and follow like sheep? Well at the last count, the petition had reached 400,000, so quite a few I guess!

Maybe another petition should be started to ban any representative of the Israeli government, as they are not taking in any refugees either, or the Saudi government for their head lopping fetish?

edit on 894Fri, 11 Dec 2015 14:27:43 -06002731200000015 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Actually a petition to ban nechenyaho was done in August.

And it not just about the ban muslim comments. It is every other vile thing he has spewed.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The point I was making was that people are once again blindly following an orchestrated campaign without truly hearing the whole truth of the matter. Another knee jerk reaction to another PC construct and marketing campaign. While at the same time ignoring people who have actually done real bad things or are responsible for mass murder or high crimes, simply because nobody has started a petition and they are kept out of the spotlight by the press.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
People crying "Freedom of speech" are forgetting one thing.

You are free to say whatever you want. But the freedom to say whatever you want is just and ONLY that. It doesn't mean nor was ever intended to mean that what you say is free from consequences.

Regarding Fart's statements, yes I agree that immigration should be restricted. However I cannot in good conscience agree with him that Muslims should be forced to wear visible identification on their clothing. That has too many disturbing parallels with the Nazi persecution of the Jewish in the 1940's Europe, and its for THAT particular nonsense, that I signed the petition personally.
edit on 12/12/2015 by BMorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Trump won't be banned from Britain and , frankly, I am mighty p****d off that our Parliament is spending three hours debating it instead of working out how to solve the refugees crisis. They should be taking advice from Trump on that, not wasting breath on stupid discussions.

To be clear, there is no widespread heartfelt UK reaction to what Trump said. It's hardly a discussion point in offices, dinners and parties across the country. There are some left wing nutjobs and activists trying to stir up trouble and a viral story linked to a petition for people to sign. I mentioned before that a football referee who made one bad decision in a game had a petition against him too, in fact two of them, totalling nearly 200,000 signatures. Its just part of a quite stupid internet culture, nothing more.

The Telegraph ran a poll on this, results of which:

based on about 30k people:

More people seem to think he talks a lot of sense.

Now 47% said they think he is a 'hate preacher' but in reality, just like 53% think he talks a lot of sense, the two extremes of these answers would certainly be diluted massively if there were an option of 'Stop wasting everyone's time' or something similar.

This is all just the media being used to stir up some trouble for Trump - they should have learned by now that it doesn't work.
When will they start actually going after him on the only area where he is weak, i.e. the detail of his policies. Everytime they try to bring him down through propaganda all they end up doing is focusing peoples attention on his points and an ensuing discussion usually ends up with the majority saying ' you know what, he has a point, why won't anyone else raise these issues'.

edit on 18/1/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
Ok, so it seems (once again) we were not given the whole picture on this issue.
After reading what he actually said, with regard to banning the immigration, until the vetting system is fixed, it makes a whole lot of sense, something that surely any sane person would get behind?

I was discussing this with some work colleagues today who were talking about the ridiculous petition and they too had not heard the whole story, and once they did, changed their tune somewhat and agreed it was a good idea.

How many people get suckered into these issues and blindly believe and follow like sheep? Well at the last count, the petition had reached 400,000, so quite a few I guess!

Maybe another petition should be started to ban any representative of the Israeli government, as they are not taking in any refugees either, or the Saudi government for their head lopping fetish?

Exactly right - if you asked the British public ; 'should we temporarily halt muslim immigration until we can figure out a way of minimising the number of terrorists entering the country, yes or no', then the 'yes' vote would win in a landslide. Even with the misrepresentation, most Brits think Trump talks a lot of sense.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
OH, cry me a river. Muslims social and cultural behaviors are SOOOOOOO Different than the American standards. They have been fighting for thousands of years and their culture still does NOT work. Stay in YOUR country if you like those values. Unless you want to change. Our country does NOT want to fight for thousands of years to support a society and culture that DOES NOT WORK. SO, do NOT come over here and try to convert us to your ILLS.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join