It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition Seeks To Ban Donald Trump From U.K. Over Hate Speech

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I don't recall being on trial here. If you really want to know this, move it to U2U. MAYBE I'll respond.

Nah, this is far more entertaining. I have no desire to get into some private discussion.

I'd just like to know; what is the axe you (and woodwardjnr) have to grind with the US? It's like a cozy happy little 'star-fest' with you guys. Any little shred, even the tiniest tidbit, of dirt you can find and you don't hesitate to throw a rock at America. Do you detest America that badly that it just consumes you?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

So being critical of a place that you love but find faults with is somehow hating it in your world? So apparently when someone points out constructive criticism about you, they secretly hate you. Nice to know you are so black and white with things.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

So being critical of a place that you love but find faults with is somehow hating it in your world? So apparently when someone points out constructive criticism about you, they secretly hate you. Nice to know you are so black and white with things.

I am new but I have yet to see any thing "constructive" about your criticism.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: SuperFrog
Hate speech, or any racial speech should be banned in any country, not just UK.

Everyone was wondering why Germans did not do something to prevent Hitler's rise to power, that was helped with hate and racial speeches, yet we living recreation of the same politics and views... and some are applauding?!

There is a fine line between freedom to speak and hate speech, but it might be beyond mental capabilities for some to comprehend.

Hate speech is a BS made up PC term, used to demonize those that dont agree with you.

All speech should be free, with only a couple minor exceptions "FIRE!!!" in a crouded theatre....not protected "I HAVE A BOMB!!!!" on a plane not protected.

"I HATE MUSLIMS!!!" absolutely protected

"ALLAH COMMANDS WE KILL ALL INFIDELS!!" absolutely protected

"WHITE CRACKERS NEED TO DIE!!" protected

"BLACKS ARE LESS THAN HUMAN" protected

the only limits on free speech are limited to words that are intended to cause severe physical harm on people.

Emotional harm/ hurt feelings are not reason enough to limit free speech period!

You miss the important one - "As president of America I will discriminate openly against people of a particular faith". Is it protected? Don't know, I'm not American. Will it get you a welcome into countries which finds such a view repugnant? Probably not. Don't you see the difference?

There is no difference.
Fararkan, is one of the biggest pieces of crap I have ever seen or heard of, but if he ran for president, he still has the same rights as before, he can still express himself freely.

Why do you keep insisting this need to stifle free expression?

There is no need.

So what if he became president and I didnt like him or agree with him on basically anything( OBAMA) he still has the same right to say his hateful BS as anyone else.

You are turning somthing very simple into somthing very complex so you can try to twist it into what you want.

When it is in fact quite sublime in its original form, I dont like it you dont like it he doesnt like it she doesnt like it, but we all get to say what we think.

We all win and we all lose at the same time in the same measure.

It is the essence of compromise.

No, you are just being stupid (I'm allowed to say that, free speech and all). For a country to close its borders to people of a particular faith is something that a lot of people would object to. Trump was proposing it - people are opposing it. If people either in or outside America use their voice to show opposition to his proposal then that is the essence of free speech - why are you being so childish in not accepting that?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk I don't have an axe to grind with the USA, . The petition won't go anywhere, I'd rather it didn't I would like trump here where he will be given enough rope and generally be made into the comedy story he is. We have a good way of making fools out of people here and knocking them down a peg or two
I remember when mitt Romney visited and was made to look a fool after he questioned our ability to host the 2012 olympics

We will welcome trump like we do any other guest.

edit on 8-12-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Everyone was wondering why Germans did not do something to prevent Hitler's rise to power, that was helped with hate and racial speeches, yet we living recreation of the same politics and views... and some are applauding?!

There is a fine line between freedom to speak and hate speech, but it might be beyond mental capabilities for some to comprehend.

Hate speech is a BS made up PC term, used to demonize those that dont agree with you.

All speech should be free, with only a couple minor exceptions "FIRE!!!" in a crouded theatre....not protected "I HAVE A BOMB!!!!" on a plane not protected.

the only limits on free speech are limited to words that are intended to cause severe physical harm on people.

Emotional harm/ hurt feelings are not reason enough to limit free speech period!

You miss the important one - "As president of America I will discriminate openly against people of a particular faith". Is it protected? Don't know, I'm not American. Will it get you a welcome into countries which finds such a view repugnant? Probably not. Don't you see the difference?

There is no difference.
Fararkan, is one of the biggest pieces of crap I have ever seen or heard of, but if he ran for president, he still has the same rights as before, he can still express himself freely.

There is no need.

So what if he became president and I didnt like him or agree with him on basically anything( OBAMA) he still has the same right to say his hateful BS as anyone else.

You are turning somthing very simple into somthing very complex so you can try to twist it into what you want.

When it is in fact quite sublime in its original form, I dont like it you dont like it he doesnt like it she doesnt like it, but we all get to say what we think.

No, you are just being stupid (I'm allowed to say that, free speech and all). For a country to close its borders to people of a particular faith is something that a lot of people would object to. Trump was proposing it - people are opposing it. If people either in or outside America use their voice to show opposition to his proposal then that is the essence of free speech - why are you being so childish in not accepting that?

Not one person outside America gets to have a say in the matter.

If they are American, then let them be heard, if they be of any other nation.....they can talk, but their words have no meaning or value, thus carry no weight.

Hence Americans not getting to decide what happens in spain or germany or france.

America is not dictated to by anyone that is not an American.

I dont care if I agree with them or not, their words are as useful as used toilet paper.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

And there you go again. The first thing you say to me in another thread is rude and designed to get me on the defensive. This is why I've started ignoring you in that other thread. I guess I should extend that courtesy to this thread as well.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

A question for you...Why is it acceptable for muslims to spread their hate speech
on social media and in public BUT not acceptable for anyone else to?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

A question for you...Why is it acceptable for muslims to spread their hate speech
on social media and in public BUT not acceptable for anyone else to?

Question for you, when did I say this was the case?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

There is no difference.

There is no need.

If they are American, then let them be heard, if they be of any other nation.....they can talk, but their words have no meaning or value, thus carry no weight.

Hence Americans not getting to decide what happens in spain or germany or france.

I dont care if I agree with them or not, their words are as useful as used toilet paper.

I know you are new here, perhaps you would like to check the title of the thread which is about a petition in the UK to ban Trump from visiting the UK. so your comment "Not one person outside America gets to have a say in the matter." is totally incorrect. Actually no one who is inside America would get to have a say in the matter. You'll learn, and this is a global site so be prepared for opinions from anywhere about anything.

As it happens, I'm with Woodwardjnr, let him in, expose him for what he is. He has form over here for being such an idiot in Scotland.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

And there you go again. The first thing you say to me in another thread is rude and designed to get me on the defensive. This is why I've started ignoring you in that other thread. I guess I should extend that courtesy to this thread as well.

Huh?

Different thread different context friend!

I wasnt rude, I was just expressing my personal view point.

Nothing meant by it, just the way I see it.

If either of us has been rude to the other it has been you the entire time.

I have not attacked you personally, I have critiqued your statements, yes, absolutely!

But not you personally.

"If alowing 1,000,000 migrants in results in 600 American deaths, I say leave them all out of America!

This is our country not theirs, if even 1 American is in danger because of them, then none of them should come period.

Just saying.

Without them no Americans die because of them.

With them if even 1 American dies it is too many.

Let them stay and fix their own lands.

Immigration is not more important than Americans being safe in America.

We already have enough problems without adding to them.

Though honestly, I believe that even the gang bangers would not stand for known terrorists in their "hoods". "

Where in that was any sort of personal attack?

You made the claim prove it or stuff it and drive on.

You ad hominem BS is getting boring.

you know that is a violation od T&C right?

I can post examples of you doing it to me, you cannot say the same!

link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I don't recall being on trial here. If you really want to know this, move it to U2U. MAYBE I'll respond.

Nah, this is far more entertaining. I have no desire to get into some private discussion.

I'd just like to know; what is the axe you (and woodwardjnr) have to grind with the US? It's like a cozy happy little 'star-fest' with you guys. Any little shred, even the tiniest tidbit, of dirt you can find and you don't hesitate to throw a rock at America. Do you detest America that badly that it just consumes you?

Its totally textbook case of little man syndrome. The guy spends his life obsessing over us on the internet. Seriously, take a second and think about this guys life. LOL

link   

I guess I don't see the point. I thought that he was running for POTUS here in the US, and his numbers and popularity matter here. Who cares what UK thinks?

But yet the UK doesn't ban Muslims who spout their hate speech in the UK.

edit on 12jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

Maybe Trump should start lying and selling his entire presidential run on lies. That seems to be what they like over there on the left.

Perhaps that's exactly what he's doing?

Personally, I see him as the ultimate liberal troll who's spouting what he sees as extremist views just so he can turn around and make fun of his supporters when he hands the reigns to Hilary.

Kind of reminds me of the folks over at Christians Against Dinosaurs.

edit on 8-12-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I think its rather funny.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

The third paragraph in the article and YOU for saying kudos to the U.K.
for trying to do what the U.S. won't!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

It actually says "what the US can't". The words can't and won't have two different definitions. Though I'm sure you knew that, you were just trying to spin my words.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

There is no difference.

There is no need.

I know you are new here, perhaps you would like to check the title of the thread which is about a petition in the UK to ban Trump from visiting the UK. so your comment "Not one person outside America gets to have a say in the matter." is totally incorrect. Actually no one who is inside America would get to have a say in the matter. You'll learn, and this is a global site so be prepared for opinions from anywhere about anything.

As it happens, I'm with Woodwardjnr, let him in, expose him for what he is. He has form over here for being such an idiot in Scotland.

It is a global site, i never denied that or said it wasnt.

This is a thread about internal American politics, to whit, there is no person outside the US that has any say that matters on this subject.

Which is what I said.

Yes they can talk, but their oppinions and or views do not matter, because they are not Americans.

Much like i can talk about UK or Aussie politics, but my oppionions do not actually matter because I am an American.

there is a clear distinction.

I thought it was obvious..??

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

I guess I don't see the point. I thought that he was running for POTUS here in the US, and his numbers and popularity matter here. Who cares what UK thinks?

That mirrors my view point!

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I wouldn't waste my time trying. For your information
it wasn't my intention to "spin" your words.
edit on 8-12-2015 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join