It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition Seeks To Ban Donald Trump From U.K. Over Hate Speech

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Could Donald Trump get banned from Britain?

An online petition calls on U.K. Home Secretary Theresa May to bar the Republican presidential frontrunner from entering the country for allegedly violating the nation's hate-speech laws.

If it receives 100,000 signatures, the petition could be taken up for debate in the House of Commons, according to The Independent.

The petition launched by Scottish resident and longtime Trump critic Suzanne Kelly blasts Trump for "unrepentant hate speech and unacceptable behavior" that "foments racial, religious and nationalistic intolerance which should not be welcome in the U.K."

Lol this is hilarious! Trump could get banned from the UK for his messages of hate. Good job UK I hope this is successful. It just goes to show that the rest of the world is watching and they don't approve either.

Here's part of the text of it:

“The UK has banned entry to many individuals for hate speech. This same principle should apply to Donald J Trump. We cannot see how the United Kingdom can condone his entry to the country when many people have been barred for less.

If the United Kingdom is to continue applying the ‘unacceptable behavior’ criteria to those who wish to enter its borders, it must be fairly applied to the rich as well as poor, and the weak as well as powerful.”

Oh and they've been successful with this before.

Such a ban would not be without precedent. Earlier this year, rapper Tyler the Creator was barred from entering the country for a string of tour dates due to some of his lyrics. Anti-Islam activist Pamela Geller was also banned in 2013.

Kudos to the UK for trying to do what the US cannot do!

+32 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
What a bloody sensitive bunch we have all become.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Nah let him in so we can all just laugh at him.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And so we watch the exit of the Trump unfolding.

I can't say I am upset. I think this is all quite deliberate. It is his time to make way. He's prepared the way just right according to plan. If Donald had been serious he would never have said these crazy things. He is no fool, obviously, with the financial empire he has amassed. Perfect timing. Everything is perfect for the serious Republic candidate to begin the real campaign.

Trump has "taken a dive". It has been ordained by the Goodfellas.

edit on 8-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Viking9019
What a bloody sensitive bunch we have all become.

If you were a Muslim I'm sure you wouldn't be saying that.

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
If we banned hate speech in the US about 75% of the populace would have to wear muzzles.
What a ridiculous notion punishing people for speaking what they feel.
This is how you treat 3 and 4 year olds, not adult populations.
Sorry Britain but you have gone way too far.
edit on 8-12-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
If we banned hate speech in the US about 75% of the populace would have wear muzzles.

That would be more Suzanne Kelly going too far. And anyway, if enough $$$$££££€€€€€'s grease enough hands, anything can and will happen. Let him in, let him have his say then let the public and sheeple decide.
edit on 8122015 by MrCrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

If we banned hate speech in the US about 75% of the populace would have wear muzzles.

That is the modern UK. If we don't like it we censor and ban it.

Personally, I am not like that. I believe a person should be able to speak their mind within the realms of at least some decency. It is a silly petition. I think all part of the game, too, just to emphasise the dive Trump is taking. It is all for media effect.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

An online petition calls on U.K. Home Secretary Theresa May to bar the Republican presidential frontrunner from entering the country for allegedly violating the nation's hate-speech laws.

If it receives 100,000 signatures, the petition could be taken up for debate in the House of Commons, according to The Independent.

The petition launched by Scottish resident and longtime Trump critic Suzanne Kelly blasts Trump for "unrepentant hate speech and unacceptable behavior" that "foments racial, religious and nationalistic intolerance which should not be welcome in the U.K."

Lol this is hilarious! Trump could get banned from the UK for his messages of hate. Good job UK I hope this is successful. It just goes to show that the rest of the world is watching and they don't approve either.

“The UK has banned entry to many individuals for hate speech. This same principle should apply to Donald J Trump. We cannot see how the United Kingdom can condone his entry to the country when many people have been barred for less.

If the United Kingdom is to continue applying the ‘unacceptable behavior’ criteria to those who wish to enter its borders, it must be fairly applied to the rich as well as poor, and the weak as well as powerful.”

Such a ban would not be without precedent. Earlier this year, rapper Tyler the Creator was barred from entering the country for a string of tour dates due to some of his lyrics. Anti-Islam activist Pamela Geller was also banned in 2013.

So you are happy to see free speech stifled?

Well at least you can admit to being a fascist.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

HILARIOUS!!

When we have Muslim hate preachers in the mosques of the UK

who are preaching hate against the UK ....Who we are unable to

deport due to their *Human Rights* and costing the UK hundreds

of thousands of pounds in legal fees fighting to stay in the UK

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

It would appear only selected people are allowed *FREEDOM OF SPEECH*

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I got a feeling this will only make his popularity rise.

However, what I find more interesting is the absence of banning for Saudi Arabian scum-bags, but this idiot gets the ban?

Good thing resources and attention is being placed on the right places, LOL.

Sad messed up world we live in.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Hypersensitive drama queens like you guys make me feel like I'm in High School all over again.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

Fascism is what Trump is selling hun.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

I got a feeling this will only make his popularity rise.

However, what I find more interesting is the absence of banning for Saudi Arabian scum-bags, but this idiot gets the ban?

Good thing resources and attention is being placed on the right places, LOL.

Sad messed up world we live in.

This will only happen among the worst prejudiced minority of the electorate. You forget most people are moderate. I know the world looks crazy, but it is only the minority who act up this way. Be assured Trump has just marginalised himself from all moderates. His recent rhetoric is his own undoing. He has no chance with the main say of moderate Republicans. In the finish even the minority of prejudiced Republicans will chose someone like Jeb over Hillary. They will just think well the Bush boys fought terrorism good and hard during their offices and had a firm stance of keeping Muslim extremism in check (not saying I think like this. but the majority are not so discerning of the facts).

edit on 8-12-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Thanks. I'm feeling the love.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

He has no chance with the main say of moderate Republicans.

He never had a chance with them or the GOP. Also he has leverage over the GOP, all he has todo is announce his independent run and say Hello Hillary suckathon for 2016.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

HILARIOUS!!

When we have Muslim hate preachers in the mosques of the UK

who are preaching hate against the UK ....Who we are unable to

deport due to their *Human Rights* and costing the UK hundreds

of thousands of pounds in legal fees fighting to stay in the UK

That doesn't matter, nor does free speech, when the enemy you consider number one is your political opponent. I've never seen such fear from the left. They have an agenda to push and pull their hair out in a fit of rage when Conservatives or anyone slightly to the right infringes on their agenda. When you call them out, they call you a racist. When state your reason for exposing their lies, they call you a whiner. They propose ungodly amounts of money for a budget increase (that nobody in his right mind would agree with) and then say if you don't agree they'll shut the government down, then they blame you for it. They bash Carly Fiorina and other Conservative women and then tell you that you hate women because you said something mean about Hillary. They call you a racist for not voting for obama and then bash Ben Carson and call him every name in the book. Etc, etc, etc, etc, etc........................................ This is why they think it's ok to limit free speech to just the things they agree with. And don't even get me started on their lies.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

the day you awake to the ugly truth, you gonna need your valium.. Deny ignorance!

The denial is strong in you!

edit on 8-12-2015 by _damon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: forkedtongue

Fascism is what Trump is selling hun.

Yes, because he is the one championing extremist idiologies, like banning speech that you dont like right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join