It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Calls For 'Complete Shutdown' Of Muslims Entering U.S.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

a reply to: Krazysh0t

I understand that you don't care. We all know the statistics and that you're more likely to be struck by lightning than killed in a terrorist attack, but statistics can only go off what has happened in the past. For instance, at one point, six out of ten people died of the Bubonic Plague. Prior to the 80's, one person died from AIDS. Last year alone, 1.2 million died from AIDS.

If our risk of being killed in a terrorist attack is less than being struck by lightning, I'd rather keep it that way and not add to it. I mean, letting refugees in right now is like walking right out into the storm with a metal rod in your hand.

Well the derivative of that risk isn't increasing either. So you still don't have to worry about anything.

None of us know that.

Actually we have a pretty good idea about that because the rate of terrorist attacks done by Muslims in the country isn't on the rise. Though many, such as yourself, like to assume it is rising. Hence all the anti-Muslim rhetoric that y'all defend so aggressively.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I he is elected the next potus then god help not only the United States but also the rest of the world.

edit on 8-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Whatever. I've already decided that you have no intention of actually talking to me and want to just hear yourself talk. So knock yourself out. Tell me how you really feel about me.

You are trying to steer the direction of your thread off topic...and in return I will have none of that.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

a reply to: introvert

Nothing I said has anything to do with religion.

Didn't you say this?

I don't see a problem with blocking muslims

and....

Keeping muslims from entering into America until we fix this problem is a very good way to assure Americans that no more than we already have will be coming here.

Nothing you said had anything to do with religion, huh?

Well, either you think I'm dumb enough that I won't go back and simply quote what you said, or you don't remember what you said.

I'm not stupid. Try your teenage tactics on someone else.

And for the love of god......be consistent.

Isn't that what this thread is about? Anyways, I've already stated that all outsiders should be heavily vetted and deemed a non-threat before entering America, because I've had to clarify that I'm not just talking about religion. And cut it out with the "teenager" crap. It's beginning to sound like you have an obsession.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I understand that you don't care. We all know the statistics and that you're more likely to be struck by lightning than killed in a terrorist attack, but statistics can only go off what has happened in the past. For instance, at one point, six out of ten people died of the Bubonic Plague. Prior to the 80's, one person died from AIDS. Last year alone, 1.2 million died from AIDS.

If our risk of being killed in a terrorist attack is less than being struck by lightning, I'd rather keep it that way and not add to it. I mean, letting refugees in right now is like walking right out into the storm with a metal rod in your hand.

Well the derivative of that risk isn't increasing either. So you still don't have to worry about anything.

None of us know that.

Actually we have a pretty good idea about that because the rate of terrorist attacks done by Muslims in the country isn't on the rise. Though many, such as yourself, like to assume it is rising. Hence all the anti-Muslim rhetoric that y'all defend so aggressively.

I may actually agree with you on this one

But what is on the rise is the "War on Terrorism" propaganda...not to say that terror attacks won't increase over the next coming years or months [by radical muslims]...but in hindsight any current number or statistic can be skewed extemporaneously without proper fact checking.
edit on 8-12-2015 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

link   

Not on the rise?

After the largest Muslim terror attack since 9/11?

Deny ignorance.

link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I he is elected the next potus then god help not only the United States but also the rest of the world.

Seriously... I'm really worried about. I've never felt so worried about a potential Presidential candidate before. Normally when you hear about how a President is destroying the country or whatever it is mostly just sour grapes, but this is different. Trump plans on seriously breaking things and that is a problem.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Not on the rise?

After the largest Muslim terror attack since 9/11?

Deny ignorance.

THE largest Muslim terror attack. As in singular. That is just one. Not many or multiple. Deny ignorance indeed.
edit on 8-12-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Seriously, for want of a better word, that Man being elected is a terrifying prospect!

The really scary part is that it might just happen!

And that prospect scared the dam bejesus out of most sensibly minded people.
edit on 8-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

None of us know that.

But what is on the rise is the "War on Terrorism" propaganda...not to say that terror attacks won't increase over the next coming years or months [by radical muslims]...but in hindsight any current number or statistic can be skewed extemporaneously without proper fact checking.

And that is what is fueling all the xenophobic stuff about Muslims recently, the rise of "war on terrorism" propaganda that isn't matching a rise in muslim terrorism stateside.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Seriously, for want of a better word, that Man being elected is a terrifying prospect!

The really scary part is that it might just happen!

I'm pretty sure that his alienating of all minority demographics will come back and bite him in the ass in the general elections (if he even makes it there). I just hope he doesn't do something like get himself killed. The last thing we need is his supporters turning him into a conspiracy martyr.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

None of us know that.

And that is what is fueling all the xenophobic stuff about Muslims recently, the rise of "war on terrorism" propaganda that isn't matching a rise in muslim terrorism stateside.

I agree with that but I still don't agree with allowing undocumented immigrants to come here from a war country in an economic situation where millions of people are also without jobs. Can't happen until the US can get itself out of a verge of economic collapse and total chaos.

Edit: Trump is wanting to prevent an increase in Muslim attacks as well...think about Paris, think about 9/11, think about what one radicalized person can do to tens, hundreds or thousands of individuals???
edit on 8-12-2015 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

This was so predictable. Same political operation Trump and Ventura ran with the Reform Party, in 2000, when party leaders eventually asked Ventura to resign from the party after he made inflammatory comments in a Playboy interview. Trump was floating a run and then left with Ventura after tearing the Reform Party apart.

In fact, I left a comment to this effect on Ventura's last ATS post:

REFORM PARTY EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE TELLS JESSE VENTURA: RESIGN NOW
DALLAS, TX--In a show of support for Reform Party Chairman Russell J. Verney, the party's Executive Committee tonight voted to support a resolution urging the resignation of Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura. The action came as the result of statements made by Ventura in an interview given to Playboy, which appears in the just-released November issue.
The party leaders met via teleconference in emergency session. The resolution, which passed 6 to 4, with one member not present, states: "The values expressed by Jesse Ventura are not consistent with the values of the Reform Party members. Jesse has put himself in a national leadership position. Along with being a leader goes a responsibility to represent the membership. Jesse's values are out of step with the Reform Party members. Therefore, for the benefit of the members, we urge Jesse Ventura to resign from the Reform Party."

On Friday, Verney sent a letter to Ventura by fax, also asking for his resignation, "for the good of the members." He stated:

"Your comments in the November 1999 Playboy article about religion, sexual assault, overweight people, drugs, prostitution, women's under- garments and many other subjects do not represent the values, principles, or ethics upon which the party was built."

Verney cites a "firestorm" of telephone calls and emails from Reform Party members, expressing anger and disappointment in the statements made by Ventura in the interview, which do not reflect the "high standards for ethics and integrity" which the party works to maintain.

I'm expecting a press release very much like this from the RNC pertaining to Donald Trump, any time now...and that he will run as an independent/third party thanks to his 'un-PC,' crass, divisive, unbelievable, totally discrediting mouth. By the time this election is over, Trump will have singlehandedly destroyed conservatives by being the asshat poster child for them.

Trump is a political operative and a provocateur. They both are.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Why do you think they are undocumented? How informed are you on our refugee vetting process exactly? Have you looked into what it entails or are you just going by what the media has told you? I mean we actually have a pretty thorough vetting process for refugees (it can take up to a year or longer to be moved here on refugee status). It isn't perfect, but then again nothing is.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Turning him into anything other than the foolish misguided Trumpet that he obviously is has got to be a crime against reality.

He is nothing more than a Muppet.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Why do you think they are undocumented? How informed are you on our refugee vetting process exactly? Have you looked into what it entails or are you just going by what the media has told you? I mean we actually have a pretty thorough vetting process for refugees (it can take up to a year or longer to be moved here on refugee status). It isn't perfect, but then again nothing is.

Then let them wait years like other legal applicants have been doing...not the other way around...accept them in, then process them, then wait to see if they can become legals? Gimme a break.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I didn't make an assumption about you, I've yet to make an assumption about you, but you've tried to tell me twice that I have in this thread alone. There's a reason I said I don't know if you're on that wagon or not. I'm not asking to trade security for freedom just because I don't want to increase the risk of extremists in America.

If you weren't meaning to assume anything about me, don't bring it up! Do you think I wouldn't catch on to what you were trying to do there by even referencing the 2nd? Now, because I rebuked your obvious attempt to troll me you rebut with your wiggle tactic of not having assumed anything (after all you carefully worded that sentence so you could do it). You know that there was no need to bring up the 2nd, but you did anyways. It wasn't an accident.

Why should our borders be open in the first place? Being American and living the "dream" in America is for Americans. Turning away the fleeing refugees isn't going to make the rest of the world mad at us. And be careful using that "lol" word, Introvert will call you a teenage girl for it. LULZ

Because we are the land of the free. Our existence is supposed to be all encompassing for anyone seeking the dream. Not exclusionary because we are scared you may be a meanie. I believe the phrase goes, "All men are created equal..." and not "All American men are created equal..."

Good God man, hypersensitive much??? I brought up the 2nd because gun control is an example of giving up freedom for security, something which you claimed was being done by Trump.

The American dream is for Americans. If all men were created equal then you wouldn't have to be born in America to be the president of America. My ancestors fought for the independence of this country from non Americans. They didn't fight to keep it open to any and all foreigners that want to come here to destroy it. This country is not a free-for-all.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Why? They aren't meant to be here permanently. The entire idea of refugee status is that we take them in until the violence subsides in their home country then we send them home.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

It seems like you are going by what the media tells you. So be honest you have no idea about the legalizing process of legally accepting refugees into a country right?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

The American dream is for Americans. If all men were created equal then you wouldn't have to be born in America to be the president of America. My ancestors fought for the independence of this country from non Americans. They didn't fight to keep it open to any and all foreigners that want to come here to destroy it. This country is not a free-for-all.

The Presidency is literally the only position in this country with that restriction. There is also a reason that we extend constitutional rights to foreign nationals in this country. You may want to rethink your argument here. Again, "All men are created equal". Something like that shouldn't have to be pointed out to Americans...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join