It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Calls For 'Complete Shutdown' Of Muslims Entering U.S.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Why? They aren't meant to be here permanently. The entire idea of refugee status is that we take them in until the violence subsides in their home country then we send them home.

That's total crap and YOU should know that! You cannot simply accept hundreds of thousands of people into a country, assimilate them (or the other way around) into the US amongst its citizens, and then in mass numbers drive them back 5 years, 10 years, whatever, back home to Syria...and meanwhile they have babies here, they may get jobs, make more connections, mosques turned into sanctuary temples, and next thing you know you will have Sharia Law pushed into congress.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Lets be clear im NOT for importing possible terrorists, but Im also not willing to compromise my pricnicples

And that's what it's about for me. How much do the values of this country mean to people? How willing are we to dismiss our most fundamental constitutionally-guaranteed principles, for the illusion of safety? Because that's all we'd get for our trouble. An ILLUSION of safety.

You can bet that Trump supporters who agree with him on this "policy" are many of the very same people who become incensed at the idea of punishing all gun owners for the 'sins' of a few outlaws, and punishing all white people for the 'sins' of their ancestors. But if you want to punish all members of a religion for the 'sins' of a few, then that's ok. Because it's not THEIR religion.

It's one of the most hypocritical and sickening positions I've ever encountered. Especially when you consider the overall threat that terrorism is to the people of the country.

Sourc e

And firearms enthusiasts wouldn't be willing to give up their rights, even on a temporary basis, to 'get gun violence under control'. (Nor should they.) But they'd give up other people's rights in a HEARTBEAT!

And don't forget that 40% of the intelligence the US has used to stop terrorist attacks has come from Muslims.

edit on 12/8/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Why not? Trump wants to do it to all the illegal immigrants in this country.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Are you saying Americans want to put muslims in concentration camps and starve or execute them?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: amicktd

I guess increasing the intensity of the vetting process... But it's hard to tell because the last one was radicalized by his hideous looking wife. I would assume she wasn't vetted worth a crap. They should increase that process, and keep everyone out until it has been determined that the non American is not a threat to America. Not just muslims, everyone. Like I stated earlier, we have enough to deal with inside America already.

It is not good to judge a book by their cover...unless you get to know what drives their personality.

Indeed... We found that out with Farook and Tashfeen. It just goes to show that you can't even trust the people that are already here.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

See...and now you want to go off topic from your OP and incorporate all illegal immigrants who broke the law coming into this country. You are just scrambling in self defense.

So let's say for example the Mexican religion majority are Roman Catholic (82.7%) and Mexican people are not Muslim (or are closet Muslims), and you know you are referring to "all illegal immigrants" as Mexicans...be honest....so if they go back you think people will be chanting racist things at Trump for sending back this religious group?

If anything it sounds like you want Trump to look like a racist to fit the Democrat agenda.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

a reply to: bjarneorn

No he doesn't have a point. Basically this rhetoric goes. We are so scared of ALL muslims that because we aren't sure which ones are trying to kill us so we are just going to not let any near us. That is some seriously depraved logic there.

The best is the caveat at the end, "Until we can figure out a solution to the problem". What? We are going on our 3rd President since 9/11 and many more since the 70's when this trend of extremist Muslims terrorism started. We aren't going to come up with a reasonable solution to this mess. What will happen (if trump were to actually be successful with this idiotic proposal) is that we'd implement it then a generation or so down the line (or maybe even the next President) we'd repeal it. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if SCOTUS flat out overturned it while he was the President.

It's not just muslims from the ME. Hell, I don't trust anyone outside of America besides Canadians and English speaking Europeans.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Asylum or Refugee Status: How to Apply

I would highly assume almost every refugee is ultimately going to seek Asylum using American tax payer money to hire public practice American lawyers to represent them in court. What a winfall would it be to study at law school right now hey?

www.nolo.com...

What's the difference between asylum and refugee status under U.S. immigration laws -- that is, who should seek asylum status, and who should seek refugee status?

It's simply a matter of where you are when you apply. People outside of the United States must apply for refugee status. People who have already made it to the U.S. border or the interior (perhaps by using a visa or by entering illegally) can apply for asylum status.

Once granted, both statuses allow you to stay in the United States indefinitely. Asylees and refugees are given permission to work and are allowed to apply for a green card (within one year of either entering the United States as a refugee or being approved for asylum).

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Btw...Trump is VERY RIGHT on illegal immigration...that includes accepting undocumented citizens from another country. He is not racist...he believes in the constitution, law and order. Right now the US is in DISORDER.

Where does it say in the constitution that you are allowed to document everyone of a certain religion?

Oh quit using religion as an excuse to allow for illegal immigration. Btw...how about you copy and paste the constitution on here and YOU show me where it says that...oh and I thought that was called LAW????

Why should I prove your illogical argument for you? You said that Trump supports the constitution. So tell me where it says in the constitution that you are allowed to register all people of a certain religion (in this case Muslims).

For clarity sake, I'm talking about this Trumpism:

Trump: ‘Absolutely’ Register All Muslims In A Database

Thank you...I may be a Trump supporter but before I jump on a headline on what he said...I check all my facts...and quotes and explanations before I jump to any conclusion.

No never did answer my question....how would Bernie Sanders handle this issue? Still walking around with no clue?

More often than not i disagree with Krazysh0t, but hes right on this with Trump....

/end rant

Hey bud...have a look at the video I posted up on Page 9 of this thread...Krazysh0t only represented half of Trumps statement and turned that into a debate without completing DJT thoughts....just like the whole "The American Dream is DEAD..." media trip.

Agreed... You've been spot on throughout this thread.

Thank you. I try to research all headline statements before I jump to any conclusion on what he said/she said article titles. Especially when it comes to the highly controversial DJT who IMO a truther and fact checker.

You'll never get your word through to a fence post. Over the past 7 years, progressive liberals have been told that it's ok to speak without thinking. When presented with the truth, they blame Bush or deflect. You can tell by their reaction they get when they have an actual story about the crap they make up.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

See...and now you want to go off topic from your OP and incorporate all illegal immigrants who broke the law coming into this country. You are just scrambling in self defense.

I'm not offtopic. That is seriously something that Trump wants to do... This topic is about Donald Trump... I was making an obvious parallel to Trump wanting to export a bunch of illegals who have also been here a long time, acculturated, built relationships, started families, etc.

You said it was impossible to rip refugees who have gone through this process from their homes when it is time for them to go home, but somehow are saying it isn't impossible for the illegals. I'm just wondering how that's possible.

So let's say for example the Mexican religion majority are Roman Catholic (82.7%) and Mexican people are not Muslim (or are closet Muslims), and you know you are referring to "all illegal immigrants" as Mexicans...be honest....so if they go back you think people will be chanting racist things at Trump for sending back this religious group?

If anything it sounds like you want Trump to look like a racist to fit the Democrat agenda.

I'm totally lost here... You interpret strange meanings from my words.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

a reply to: bjarneorn

No he doesn't have a point. Basically this rhetoric goes. We are so scared of ALL muslims that because we aren't sure which ones are trying to kill us so we are just going to not let any near us. That is some seriously depraved logic there.

The best is the caveat at the end, "Until we can figure out a solution to the problem". What? We are going on our 3rd President since 9/11 and many more since the 70's when this trend of extremist Muslims terrorism started. We aren't going to come up with a reasonable solution to this mess. What will happen (if trump were to actually be successful with this idiotic proposal) is that we'd implement it then a generation or so down the line (or maybe even the next President) we'd repeal it. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if SCOTUS flat out overturned it while he was the President.

It's not just muslims from the ME. Hell, I don't trust anyone outside of America besides Canadians and English speaking Europeans.

Well at least you are consistent in your paranoia.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Btw...Trump is VERY RIGHT on illegal immigration...that includes accepting undocumented citizens from another country. He is not racist...he believes in the constitution, law and order. Right now the US is in DISORDER.

Where does it say in the constitution that you are allowed to document everyone of a certain religion?

Oh quit using religion as an excuse to allow for illegal immigration. Btw...how about you copy and paste the constitution on here and YOU show me where it says that...oh and I thought that was called LAW????

Why should I prove your illogical argument for you? You said that Trump supports the constitution. So tell me where it says in the constitution that you are allowed to register all people of a certain religion (in this case Muslims).

For clarity sake, I'm talking about this Trumpism:

Trump: ‘Absolutely’ Register All Muslims In A Database

Thank you...I may be a Trump supporter but before I jump on a headline on what he said...I check all my facts...and quotes and explanations before I jump to any conclusion.

No never did answer my question....how would Bernie Sanders handle this issue? Still walking around with no clue?

More often than not i disagree with Krazysh0t, but hes right on this with Trump....

/end rant

Hey bud...have a look at the video I posted up on Page 9 of this thread...Krazysh0t only represented half of Trumps statement and turned that into a debate without completing DJT thoughts....just like the whole "The American Dream is DEAD..." media trip.

Agreed... You've been spot on throughout this thread.

Thank you. I try to research all headline statements before I jump to any conclusion on what he said/she said article titles. Especially when it comes to the highly controversial DJT who IMO a truther and fact checker.

You'll never get your word through to a fence post. Over the past 7 years, progressive liberals have been told that it's ok to speak without thinking. When presented with the truth, they blame Bush or deflect. You can tell by their reaction they get when they have an actual story about the crap they make up.

I think its fair to say that happens on both sides of the aisle, right where I like to sit. Whoever has the best policies in my opinion gets my vote. Bernie may get my very first vote, if he doesn't mess it up by then.
edit on 8-12-2015 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I wish someone would completely shut him down!

Definitely the type of fellow who's life support i would turn off just to charge my mobile.

Fact is the Man is nothing more than a menace to reality, even through he obviously does not live there.

Secede and you all can have your very own government ran by hillary and/or Bernie. I fully support your secession. We'll take Trump, or whoever the Republican nominee is. Let's see which side crumbles. Would you be up for that?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I'm not offtopic. That is seriously something that Trump wants to do... This topic is about Donald Trump... I was making an obvious parallel to Trump wanting to export a bunch of illegals who have also been here a long time, acculturated, built relationships, started families, etc.

You said it was impossible to rip refugees who have gone through this process from their homes when it is time for them to go home, but somehow are saying it isn't impossible for the illegals. I'm just wondering how that's possible.

I'm totally lost here... You interpret strange meanings from my words.

you are lost because you have tunnel vision of what you want to see happen and have not opened your eyes to what the US is becoming...a dumping ground for the world

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I understand that you don't care. We all know the statistics and that you're more likely to be struck by lightning than killed in a terrorist attack, but statistics can only go off what has happened in the past. For instance, at one point, six out of ten people died of the Bubonic Plague. Prior to the 80's, one person died from AIDS. Last year alone, 1.2 million died from AIDS.

If our risk of being killed in a terrorist attack is less than being struck by lightning, I'd rather keep it that way and not add to it. I mean, letting refugees in right now is like walking right out into the storm with a metal rod in your hand.

Well the derivative of that risk isn't increasing either. So you still don't have to worry about anything.

None of us know that.

Actually we have a pretty good idea about that because the rate of terrorist attacks done by Muslims in the country isn't on the rise. Though many, such as yourself, like to assume it is rising. Hence all the anti-Muslim rhetoric that y'all defend so aggressively.

And here I thought I was putting words in your mouth.

I have never assumed it's rising. I said that stats reflect the past. They don't reflect the future, and you don't know how dangerous political correctness has become for Americans, and how free it has made anybody wanting to do something stupid in the name of ISIS, especially if that person is a middle easterner. Wanting a heavier vetting process on refugees and other non Americans that aren't already in America isn't considered "anti-muslim."

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I wish someone would completely shut him down!

Definitely the type of fellow who's life support i would turn off just to charge my mobile.

Fact is the Man is nothing more than a menace to reality, even through he obviously does not live there.

Secede and you all can have your very own government ran by hillary and/or Bernie. I fully support your secession. We'll take Trump, or whoever the Republican nominee is. Let's see which side crumbles. Would you be up for that?
Have you actually said whether you agree with this blatant megalomaniacal racism discussed in the OP? Because so far I've only seen you deflect the discussion to HIllary, or be abusive to the fellow posters.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

you are lost because you have tunnel vision of what you want to see happen and have not opened your eyes to what the US is becoming...a dumping ground for the world

Got nothing huh? Have to resort to an ad hominem instead? Glad to see you are out of ammo.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join