It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More On Why The Bush Administration Shamefully Abandoned The Geneva Conventions...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Our government created these enemies. With the end of the cold war, the war profiteers needed them. And that's not to say, terrorists don't exist; just that the al CIAda variety are our own doing.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
So, I guess you guys think it's a good idea to legitimize and honor these terrorist by calling them Soldiers.

If you are referring to the resistance in Iraq, they have every right to defend their country from aggressive war and fight against any occupation forces. This is what is legally right under international law and will be recorded in history as such, regardless of what you believe. Besides no one is asking you to honor them.

What the Geneva Convention states about Occupation:
The Fourth Geneva Convention

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see how historians will put the Iraqi war on the books.

While US historians will call it the great liberation of the middle east and the fight on terror.

The rest of the world will see it as the struggle of the middle east countries to fight the Bush empire from invading their lands.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
And what label should be applied to those who are setting off car bombs which kill dozens of innocent Iraqis? What about those who are kidnapping and executing Iraqi election workers in the middle of the street in broad daylight? What category should the ones who are setting fire to the oil pipelines be put into? Killing their own people. These are true Iraqi patriots?

Or will there be those here who deny that this is happening, or apologize for the murderous acts of these _____________s?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well if I remember very clear before invasion it was the evil Sadam killing his people, now I wonder how the evil insurgents got to be in iraq fighting the US and killing civilians.

Humm I wonder.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Has Al-Queda ever signed on to the Geneva Convention?

No, but I saw TERROR sign. It was kind of hard for him to hold the pen, and he kept making these funny, clicking sounds, but I'd be darned if that old adjective didn't put his John Henry right on there.

It was amazing.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
It will be interesting to see how historians will put the Iraqi war on the books.

While US historians will call it the great liberation of the middle east and the fight on terror.

I personally doubt that very much.

US historians will call it what the rest of the world calls it, and will label "Code name: Temporary" for what he was.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It is apparent that the MAJORITY of the USA is 100% behind President Bush. If not Mr. Kerry would be in office. If you feel that the Bush adminstration is bad then go to Iraq to spout your anti-Bush propaganda and see how long you keep your attached to your shoulders. It will not take long for one of these oppressed people to remove your head or if your luck just shoot you in the face.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ss0825ss
It It will not take long for one of these oppressed people to remove your head or if your luck just shoot you in the face.

I could go to South Dakota for that.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

It is apparent that the MAJORITY of the USA is 100% behind President Bush. If not Mr. Kerry would be in office.

Well... read the site motto and try to re-express what you say... or define what you mean by "It is apparent..."

Because apparently, very few people who voted for Bush are 100% behind him at all. They have responded to the fear and xenophobia ticket, some even swing around on the question of "moral values", but by and large they abhor his administration's incompetence in managing the domestic economy.

If you want to create spin, take a 101 class on how to lie with statistics.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

It is apparent that the MAJORITY of the USA is 100% behind President Bush. If not Mr. Kerry would be in office. If you feel that the Bush adminstration is bad then go to Iraq to spout your anti-Bush propaganda and see how long you keep your attached to your shoulders. It will not take long for one of these oppressed people to remove your head or if your luck just shoot you in the face.

Dittos with what Masked Avatar said.

Anti-Bush propaganda? I've been to Iraq. I understand why it is they fight us. It has nothing to do with the nonsense you've been programmed to spout.

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join