It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the UK has voted in favour of Syrian air strikes.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Mind meld…

And this isn't a pick up truck from America in the hands of ISIS either…

Texas plumber wonders how his work truck wound up in the hands of ISIS.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Its not about growing a ticker skin.

Its about mutual respect in a adult debate.

Quite - but post stupid stuff and I'll call it stupid... Brutally honest, me. Don't like it? Don't care!

Both view points are equally valid, yet you bulldoze anyone who disagrees with you.

Bulldoze? Hardly - you're getting your pennies worth in as well but I disagree with most of what comes out of your mouth and it is my right to say so. That's the thing about a forum - you can't really "bulldoze" anyone. You have the same ability to reply and have your point heard as me.

And what makes you a expert on military matters, for all you know i could have spent 15 years in the military before moving into the NHS.

Bet you didn't though... As for me, who can say - I can't

Also i did not call you a "Warmongering elite" I was clearly talking about the Cameron and his cronies at Westminster.

I know - what's the difference. It's petty name calling whoever it was directed at. I didn't even call you a name, I just stated the obvious - an NHS employee cannot be expected to be up to date on Military matters.

In fact my first post that you responded with your usual arrogant flare was not even directed at you.

Nope, it was simply a big blanket statement with the usual left-wing dribble about "elitists" and Eton...

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Mind meld…

And this isn't a pick up truck from America in the hands of ISIS either…

Texas plumber wonders how his work truck wound up in the hands of ISIS.

What's the point of that post? So what if they bought a second hand truck? It was sold 3 years prior and could have been moved anywhere, by anyone.

Or is that your definitive proof of "US Support for IS"? - because they happen to own a second hand Toyota?

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Quite - but post stupid stuff and I'll call it stupid... Brutally honest, me. Don't like it? Don't care!

ohhh so you your opinion then because I disagree with you I am therefore stupid?

Your over all attitude just stinks, your probably some wanabe who read too many McNab books or something like i said, am done, you obviously cannot respect the views or of others so there is no reason i should respect yours because quite frankly your obviously a bit of jerk.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Or is that your definitive proof of "US Support for IS"?

No, my posts on the last page show that the US and EU (NATO) are trying to conquer Syria. The UK, a member of NATO, has just announced it will begin bombing missions in Syria to assist in that endeavor.

Bully for you. You have rejoined the nations that support International Terrorism.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Hahaha - you really do get your nose put out when someone challenges you, don't you? Grow up! There I was thinking you're an adult male (into his 40's, if not 50's if I'm not wrong) - you must be a nightmare to work with/for to be so unable to deal with contrary views.

My first post to you was matter of fact - you stated the UK was a has-been power, which is blatantly false. I called you on it, which is when you got all uppity and thought you'd call my point of view "speculation", even though it is actually backed up by a RUSI study.

Yeah, I put your nose out the "NHS employee" remark, but the way your acting it's as if you just caught me in bed with your wife and daughter...

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

No everything was very civil up until that condescending "I wouldn't expect a NHS employee to understand"

I have no difficulty in discussion your differing views my problem is that you seem to struggle to articulate yourself with out pissing people off.

You started this not me!.

edit on 3-12-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Or is that your definitive proof of "US Support for IS"?

No, my posts on the last page show that the US and EU (NATO) are trying to conquer Syria. The UK, a member of NATO, has just announced it will begin bombing missions in Syria to assist in that endeavor.

Bully for you. You have rejoined the nations that support International Terrorism.

No, they proved that you will post any old crap to try and prove a point, even if it's false!

And why is the EU interchangeable with NATO? They are two totally different organisations. No one is trying to conquer Syria and in fact, if we wanted to, we could do so in a week.

But let me get this straight -

Russia bombs Syria = fighting terrorists...

But West bombing Syria = Supporting terrorists?

Riiiiiight....

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I wouldn't expect one to understand though! As I wouldn't expect a Fisherman to know much about coal mining, or a lumberjack to know much about Brain surgery... You saw it as "condescending", I was merely poking fun. It's your issue, not mine. I'd hate to be with you in the pub if someone makes a quip - jeebus, I bet you're a barrel of laughs..

You seem genuinely clueless when it comes to UK Defence capability though - it's not a bad thing, you cannot know everything, but at least accept it and listen to others who are not...

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

So the solution is to once again attempt to destroy a terrorist organisation by way of ineffective air strikes? It not about doing nothing, its about not repeating senseless actions and in the process killing potentially innocent civilians and achieving nothing more accept the breeding of hatred and loss of life.

Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results, this seems to apply to Cameron's way of thinking regarding Syria/ISIS.

Its like poking a hornets nest with a stick and then claiming you destroyed the nest, chances are someone is going to get stung in the process and the hornets will still be there in the end.

But hey if you seem to think that air strikes will work this time around then that's your prerogative. Personally i think it will all end in tears, there tears, our tears, and all the wile that bastard Cameron is simply leading us down the garden path.
edit on 3-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

You seem genuinely clueless when it comes to UK Defence capability though -

Based on what?

Seriously.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: andy06shake

Well, it's pretty simple..

IS declares War on pretty much everyone..

Exaggerate much. How many countries has your beloved UK went to war with or invaded then brutalized it's population.?? Boo Hoo..

IS takes over Oil Fields

Lets talk about Iraq and the sole reason we "helped" the rebels get rid of Gaddafi in Libya. Lets talk about Assad. Lets talk about Oil. Wanna talk about taking over Oil Fields and Sovereign nations Illegally...Boo Hoo..

IS uses that Oil to raise funds

How much did the UK make and continue to make from Iraqi oil and Arms deals. a helluva lots more since the removal of Saddam....once again..Boo Hoo..

IS uses that funds to buy Weapons..

Buy weapons from who. Saudi's ?....And who's best pals with the Saudi's...UK...Running out of tears here..

IS uses those Weapons to take over more territory or to attack us in the West

The UK used Iraqs, Libya, Africa, the Americas, India's, Pakistan, Africas and everyone else's stolen loot to build a empire for hundreds of years.... yip. am all dried up.

The West bombs the Oil fields

Yeah, Distinctly remember the outrage when Saddam blew up the Oil fields on the way out of Kuwait....It''s called a scorched Earth Policy. An act to deny your enemies any economical or military advantage. Usually perpetrated by those in retreat or the soon to be the defeated IMA.

Boo ####### Hoo Stu, Government Shill. Still working in Communication mate. ? Now away Communicate back to GCHQ.
edit on 3-12-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

And why is the EU interchangeable with NATO? They are two totally different organisations.

Cameron announces the commencement of air strikes in Syria for what happened in Paris, just like they assisted in Iraq because of 911. Both events didn't even happen in the UK, nor where those nations responsible.

Yes, NATO and the UK are the same thing and you're a dupe to go along with it.

Heres a dupe thread, just for you…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

You're declaration that the UK isn't a World power and is a "has been"..

Neither is true..

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That's a confused statement if ever there was one.... It doesn't clear up why you think the EU = NATO though.

And no, the UK and NATO are not the same thing...

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Why the rush to bomb Syria when Cameron obviously gave the go-ahead and knew we were already UK illegally Bombing Syria since 2014....

Make no mistake, This is Camerons private war. it's how the upper classes get a hardon after all those whippings they suffered at Eaton and Oxford.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

More hyperbole and ancient historical arguments to justify a modern position - an expected response, but a bit tired and worn now.

>Yawn

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I'm just being an ass here ... Personally I think the title of the thread is wrong. Reading the title it's sounds as if the people of the U.K. Voted for air strikes when it was the UK gov voted for them

Maybe it should read .. 'The UK govt votes for air strikes in Syria' but hey that's just me being awkward. I definitely didnt vote for air strikes and if I ask for air strikes my first target would be 10 Downing Street to be a target with the House of Parliament after
edit on 3-12-2015 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Why the rush to bomb Syria when Cameron obviously gave the go-ahead and knew we were already UK illegally Bombing Syria since 2014....

Make no mistake, This is Camerons private war. it's how the upper classes get a hardon after all those whippings they suffered at Eaton and Oxford.

Jeebus - some people...

RAF personnel on secondment to another Air Force are not under operational control of the PM or Parliament. That is no where near the same as "Britain bombing Syria" at all - you know this, yet are peddling the lie anyway

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Jeebus - some people...

RAF personnel on secondment to another Air Force are not under operational control of the PM or Parliament. That is no where near the same as "Britain bombing Syria" at all - you know this, yet are peddling the lie anyway

Like the Canadians and Americans were so short of experienced pilots they needed a dirty dozen from the UK to get the job done..pffft...Give me a break.

This was Cameron's way of getting around the fact he and his party were outvoted on whether we should go to war in Syria 2 years ago. but hey ho, pigfu###r did it anyway, and behind everyone's back i might add in the hope he wouldn't be caught.

He basically disregarded the peoples of this countries elected representative decision not to go to war by allowing UK pilots to Bomb Syria using a foreign country as cover. Greater men would have been forced to resign before now for such treachery..

Peddling a Lie.?..Me?...Na mate. It's shills like you who come here trying your best to bury the truth, that's the ###in problem.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join