It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the UK has voted in favour of Syrian air strikes.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
MP's held a vote tonight and have decided to vote in favour

Well that's the UK now officially involved in Syria too. Just gets better. That's a pretty dense bit of air space just now. Perhaps rather than finding money for bombs our government could find money to help British citizens who are struggling here at home.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: sg1642

Well that's the UK now officially involved in Syria too. Just gets better. That's a pretty dense bit of air space just now. Perhaps rather than finding money for bombs our government could find money to help British citizens who are struggling here at home.

Yeah we know, but there is a active shooter situation going down in da US so no-one will care what happens in the UK until next Tuesday..

Not in my name Ca-MORON.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

I don't know how we ever got cameron as a PM the guy is the thickest one we have ever had, his only means of qualifying his job is he is a cousin of the queen.

Dark day for British politics because this act which is merely a repeat of the mistakes initiated in Iraq is unbelievable. It will make more terrorists, not less.

What really gets me is that the arms manufacturers, bankers and their share holders are the ones who will profit from this whilst the public pay for it each and every way possible.

As Soloprotocol well puts it "Not in my name Ca-MORON."

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: sg1642

Yeah we know, but there is a active shooter situation going down in da US so no-one will care what happens in the UK until next Tuesday..

Not in my name Ca-MORON.

I concur. All we hear of is war, violence and tragedy. This is a pretty #ty world we are leaving for our children.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
And just what is the legal basis for Cameron's desire to bomb Syria?
Last time I checked, the Syrian government had not given permission for the RAF or anyone else to carry out air strikes on their territory, apart from Russia who are there by request. Nor has there been any UN directive authorizing such action.

Cameron's own alphabet agencies have been involved from the outset in the destabilization process in Syria, as well as logistical support, training and arming through the same back channels as the other players, all this by their own admission!

Add to this the story I read earlier today where a German Military talking head stated that they would NOT be sharing details of their air strikes with Russia and I can see there being an "incident" very quickly to be blamed squarely on Russia. At least, claiming the old "NATO member attacked" line will have no basis in law if the injured party is bombing a sovereign state!

What an awful mess they like to create, and litter the landscape with corpses as they puff out their chests.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Being an ex member of the Bullington mob, it amazes me that anyone would trust this git to consider the british public, he hates ordinary people and gets a 'worried look' on his fat piggy face when he has to pretend to consider them at all.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

For the record I've been in robust public debate with my MP about this and he #ed me off voting for bombing Syria.
#NotInMyName ...nothing legal more I could do, gutted but no blood on my hands.
edit on 2.12.2015 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
All you need are a few headlines and news channels bombarding the people with atrocities. The risk of Isis is probably about as risky as Saddam's weapons of mass destruction. Going to war in the Middle East for the sake of natural resources is what's causing the risk at home.

Young athiest men are being radicalised just as much as young Muslim men are. That's what people don't seem to get. The general population is being conditioned and brainwashed.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Doesn't this officially make it world war 3 if 5 nations are attacking another?.
Tbh with you I think we should be bombing these bastards.
I don't agree with war but some times war has to be fought the last just war was against the nazis I think despite ISIS being made by mistake by the west we need to sort out our mess together with the rest of the world.
I would like to see the Saudis doing more though we need this ISIS gone.
But I do say again it was the wests fault most of it our stupid leaders.
It's gone potty all of it but is it all planned? nah we arn't that intelligent and just have the ability to feck everything up.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

But I do think we all should be working together I mean the Russians and the USA are communicating which raids they are doing so hopefully we will all work together.
Otherwise someone will make a mistake and nukes start flying.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Basically the UK government, by their actions, are stating 'sod international law, we do what we want'. There will come a time in the not too distant future where the UK will cling to international law, either offensively or defensively. This will perceived by the rest of the world as the UK government being hypocritical in my opinion, picking international laws only if they suit a political agenda.

"Perhaps rather than finding money for bombs our government could find money to help British citizens who are struggling here at home. "

Some of the bombs they have been using in Iraq cost £40,000 each!

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

At a time when every non-Muslim country should unite against Daesh to protect its citizens the response and warring posturing is pathetic and dangerous. It is a situation that could easily be manipulated into splitting Western coalitions and I am surprised our government doesn't realise this. We should demand better diplomacy from our politicians against such an evil enemy.

Why is Cameron putting our forces out there when Russia is doing such a good job? - he would be better placing that wasted money into more security on our borders and ensuring hate-mosques Imams and those they spawn get both shut down and deported. Sharia/islamic Ideological brainwashing is hard to turn and probably not worthwhile trying.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It's the pompous arrogance of it all. Self righteous d**kheads!

'Oh la de da, one shall sit and debate on sending other people's children to kill other people's children. And one shall collect a big fat wage for doing so. Never mind the fact I know nothing of war and never will'

Who the # are these people to decide for us?

Where was the public vote?
edit on 5851642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
And the beat goes on. Corrupt politicians voting for wars that benefit only big business and banksters. Business as usual.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: deliberator
Basically the UK government, by their actions, are stating 'sod international law, we do what we want'. There will come a time in the not too distant future where the UK will cling to international law, either offensively or defensively. This will perceived by the rest of the world as the UK government being hypocritical in my opinion, picking international laws only if they suit a political agenda.

"Perhaps rather than finding money for bombs our government could find money to help British citizens who are struggling here at home. "

Some of the bombs they have been using in Iraq cost £40,000 each!

£40,000 and then some. Javelin was being used in Afghanistan and that costs between £60-80,000. And most of the time it was being used on one person.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What advantage would the UK really have in helping with providing air strikes in Syria?

We now have the US, France as well as Russia (although strangely they weren't mentioned in the BBC TV coverage of the MP debate - only backing the 'moderate' rebels) in bombing campaigns in Syria.

It stinks of a proxy war all day long...

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm disgusted with my local M.P, voting to start a bombing campaign against an ideology. Good luck with that, although it won't be your child expected to raise arms if it came to canon fodder choices.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I don't know why I'm screaming about a public vote. Half the brain dead people in this country who can't see through the bollocks would vote yes in a heartbeat without even understanding what they were doing.

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

They probably do realise this. They are motivated by greed. As long as they get their bribes and dividends, they don't care whose lives they ruin, both at home who pay for it by losing out on welfare, healthcare and other services, and abroad who die for it. The warmongers, the banksters, the weapons manufacturers, they don't care what the outcome is as they have been paid already.
edit on 2-12-2015 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So we just let ISIS continue and do not help clear up the mess we helped make?.
Remember who we are bombing here maybe?.
edit on 2-12-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join