It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Bernardino, Calif., fire units responding to reports of 20-victim shooting incident -

page: 182
<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: neo96

Its an ongoing investigation.. The people being investigated and their due process rights trumps the publics demand to know.

Yeah well it was a valid question.

There weren't asking to ID the 'buyer'.

Just more information has to HOW those weapons were obtained.

At least tried to.

The FBI referred that question to the BATFE.

Which that reporter was trying to get an answer to.

Which would be helpful. To the public at large to be on the look out for straw buyers, and other people planning to do something.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

or that they were modified to shoot as fully automatic. They had help and funding.

I have not heard or seen this. Do you have a source for this info?

If true, there was nothing "legal" about these rifles at all!! Possession of automatic weapons manufactured after 1986 has been a Felony for almost 3 decades now.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Sure but in this instance the guns were bought legally. Since no crime,. that we know of, has been violated naming the person would cause issues. If he is under investigation for something we dont know about you dont announce and run the risk of sinking the investigation or people linked to the guy fleeing.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Attempt Was Made to Make Gun in San Bernardino Fire Automatic

The suspects in Wednesday's mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, used a weapon that appears to have been modified in an attempt to allow it to fire fully automatic, a senior law enforcement source told NBC News.

Government field tests showed that the modification to fully automatic mode was performed but failed, the source said.

Fourteen people were killed when two shooters, identified as Syed Rizwan Farook, 28, and his wife, Tashfeen Malik, 27, opened fire at a holiday luncheon at the Inland Regional Center. Farook and Malik were later killed in a shootout with police.

The suspects in Wednesday's mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, used a weapon that appears to have been modified in an attempt to allow it to fire fully automatic, a senior law enforcement source told NBC News.

Government field tests showed that the modification to fully automatic mode was performed but failed, the source said.

Fourteen people were killed when two shooters, identified as Syed Rizwan Farook, 28, and his wife, Tashfeen Malik, 27, opened fire at a holiday luncheon at the Inland Regional Center. Farook and Malik were later killed in a shootout with police.
San Bernardino Police Release Pictures From Crime Scene 1:31

If the weapon had been successfully turned fully automatic, it would have fired far more rapidly. Semi-automatic weapons fire one round each time the trigger is pulled. Automatic weapons continue to fire while the trigger is depressed.

Related: First Cop on Shooting Scene Vividly Describes 'Carnage' and 'Tragedy'

The weapon that was attempted to be modified to fully automatic is believed to have been used by Farook, the source said.

A second rifle believed to have been possessed by Malik was purchased compliant with strict California gun laws, the source said. It was subsequently changed to have a large-capacity detachable magazine which would be illegal under California law, the source said.

click link for remainder...

edit on 4-12-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

www.nbcnews.com...

Not sure why they would only mod one though....

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: matafuchs

or that they were modified to shoot as fully automatic. They had help and funding.

I have not heard or seen this. Do you have a source for this info?

If true, there was nothing "legal" about these rifles at all!! Possession of automatic weapons manufactured after 1986 has been a Felony for almost 3 decades now.

The rifle in question began life as a semi-automatic. It seems that they'd tried (apparently unsuccessfully; I've heard now and in past cases that its not even possible) to convert it into a fully automatic rifle.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
That doesn't make sense at all.

Did they not say they had someone detained for 'straw buying' ?

Then there is this:

San Bernardino Guns Originally Bought Legally, Later Modified

The weapons were illegal under California law because they were modified and violated the state’s ban on assault weapons, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said on Thursda

Why are the holding someone then ?

Cause they DID say they were holding someone right ?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Agreed, but that wasn't the question. The question was whether or not the rifles were obtained legally or through a straw purchase by someone else. They ducked the question.

I don't disagree with your point about not wanting to release the name of the original purchaser; this is fine. However, how much do you want to bet they'll darn sure release the name of the vendor who sold them???? And then there will be trial by media on their front doorstep. And none of this will further the investigation one bit; it will only serve as a diversion...another shiny object.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Anyone have the link to the pictures of the female shooter? I remember one picture she was dressed in middle eastern garb at some sort of party, and the other one she was in western clothing in a park or something?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Oh it's definitely possible, but it requires parts which are strictly regulated by the BATFE under the NFA. And these parts ain't cheap either!!

There's no way these terrorists would have been able to, a.) afford them, or b.) get approved for them.

...unless of course the terrorists were being sponsored by a much larger organization such as ISIS or Al Qaeda, in which case they would have likely obtained the parts illegally thus making the whole firearm totally illegal.

Bottom line; there was nothing remotely "legal" about these allegedly 'legally obtained' firearms!

edit on 12/4/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Just stepping back from all of this for a moment; I can't help but think what we're seeing here is the unfolding of a full blown terror cell in this country.

Not trying to be Capt. Obvious here, but as the layers of the onion are getting peeled back (same names, different residences, questionable backgrounds, etc) we're seeing how these Islamic terrorists operate.

...and this onion is going to have a whole bunch of layers before it's over.

This heading -

San Bernardino shooter Syed Farook and his wife amassed 7,000 rounds of ammo for various guns, may have been planning second attack

Brought LadyGreenEyes' post to mind. The supposedly Alien guy that has stockpiled over 1200 weapons in his home. Didn't he treat the women he was involved with like they were second and third class citizens, worse than some women have been treated by the radical Islamist? Didn't a couple of those women go missing before returning and then go missing again?

Makes you wonder how many of those multiple storage sheds and unused homes are being used as storage and distributions locations.

In the State that I live in, it is common practice for groups to use abandoned homes as grow houses. There are abandoned houses in almost every neighborhood, and most people ignore them, even if they know that kids sometimes go in them when they shouldn't. So they would not think it odd to see people going in and out of them. Nobody wants to get involved anymore.

I feel almost hypocritical saying that because I had a visceral reaction, during the press conference when the FBI agent said that he was going to turn the mic over the the Sheriff's department, because they are our protectors, that the police are there to protect and serve us.

But..if we see anything suspicious or anything unusual no matter how small, report it to your local police department, and if we think it significant enough, report it to the FBI.

I think I may have actually been infected by the CT disease. Time to take a short stroll in the woods to reconnect with the real world for a while.

Off with my walking stick and my dog. Hopefully I will be me again when I return.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

The conversion can be made very cheaply and quickly... and I don't mean with a dremmel either. All it takes is simple machining skills and the ability to read basic blueprints. Having fully automatic weapons was definitely not out of their reach. However, like you said, once the modification is made it renders the rifle illegal.

edit on 12/4/2015 by EternalSolace because: Clarity

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
new briefing from FBI director James Comly recorded earlier, just now on fox.
still seems that they are trying to play it down.

no indications that they were part of isis, or terror cell.
contacts to former suspects in terror investigations, does / did not raise flags for them.

BS to me.

edit on 4-12-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

a reply to: vor78

Oh it's definitely possible, but it requires parts which are strictly regulated by the BATFE under the NFA. And these parts ain't cheap either!!

There's no way these terrorists would have been able to, a.) afford them, or b.) get approved for them.

...unless of course the terrorists were being sponsored by a much larger organization such as ISIS or Al Qaeda, in which case they would have likely obtained the parts illegally thus making the whole firearm totally illegal.

Bottom line; there was nothing remotely "legal" about these allegedly 'legally obtained' firearms!

I just read an article which says the FBI has found to more people of interest related to the shooters. That's probably where they got the financial support. The FBI said they were minor players in isis. Though in retrospect maybe they were not so minor after all.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I went back to re-read this thread from the beginning and read about 52 pages. There are still unanswered questions about the number of shooters.

From some of the posters I got: (As the event was unfolding)

Sheriff says there is NO DOUBT there are three shooters

Multiple witnesses claim there are three shooters

3 shooters confirmed

3 occupants at high speed near Bear Valley (police in pursuit. This was a scanner)

Black SUV abandoned at golf course with multiple weapons inside (several of you posted this)

Shots fired at Discount mall.

SWAT team at discount mall.

Long bearded man in tactical shorts and headset spotted. Middle Eastern male. (Several of you posted this)

Several witnesses reported that two men were spotted changing out of black clothes under bridge on Hunt Lane.

Someone said they confirmed a finding of the clothes under bridge.

This all starts around page 47 if you want to go back and read it.

What happened to the long-bearded guy? What about the SWAT team at the mall? I know there are more people involved and this is now being investigated as terrorism but I still think there were 3 shooters.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: charolais
Anyone have the link to the pictures of the female shooter? I remember one picture she was dressed in middle eastern garb at some sort of party, and the other one she was in western clothing in a park or something?

found it [pic]

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

A lot of the posts in the beginning of the thread were based off of actively listening to their frequencies on scanners. The police department have multiple channels they use as well. That all adds to the confusion of determining what's part of the main incident, and what isn't. Because of that, you're still going to hear calls come across the scanner that have nothing to do with the active shooting situation. Those posts you're talking about are some of the other calls that have come across during the main incident.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The FBI has spoken is officially a terror act linked to ISIS, but they are still denying that is not cell of ISIS in the US, "excuse me"!!!!, these two terrorist Were a part of a cell.

Now they are urging people to be vigilant and about their "surroundings" and call on any suspicious activities.

Is going to be a lot of vigilantes out there armed to their teeth.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

the mall incident was figured out really fast had nothing to do with this shooting

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

I suppose you are right. When I said the parts weren't cheap, I was referring to legal ones. I guess someone could manufacture the same parts illegally for a lot cheaper. It's not it's the difficulty factor which drives the price, but the market.

top topics

<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join