It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Bernardino, Calif., fire units responding to reports of 20-victim shooting incident -

page: 178
<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Please do explain. Explain how they are different.

You won't have to look far to find some fantastic examples. Just look around here on ATS at some of the hateful xenophobic rants about guns and their owners.

C'mon, I expected better!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: butcherguy

A fan of the Green Bay Packers is not a Green Bay Packer even if he dresses like one and throws the football in his back yard.

When a person is a shooter at a terrorist attack and they are ISIS-inspired.....
They ARE playing for the team, aren't they?

Funny how they sang a different tune just a few short days ago.

Shouting what team Dear was playing for.

Holy #, it's the 'woe is me' mentality again. Those comparisions are made TO MOCK people for doing the same thing to groups such as blacks and muslims.

And yet, people still continue to have that go over their head and cry persecution.

Until people stop with the anti-black, anti-muslim , etc... rhetoric, it isn't going to stop and rightfully so.

People need to understand across the board in America
1) Their skin color doesn't make them better or worse.
2) America is by 0 means the best country in the world. Nothing points to that being the case, and it isn't close.
3)Their religion or lack thereof doesn't make them better or worse.

You can have pride without being an idiot and being overly nationalistic.

link   
dup
edit on Fri Dec 4 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   
dup
edit on Fri Dec 4 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: neo96

I will say, there is a certain element of truth in your statement.

I didn't weigh in on that discussion, but I did see what you are talking about.

Of course that said, I don't see a whole lot of difference between the likes of folks like Warren Jeffs, or the Hillsborough nut jobs and ISIS.

edit on 12/4/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Passenger rants about Islamic State before shooting Muslim taxi driver in back
www.washingtonpost.com...

And there is a long list of similar from 2001 to just a few days ago..Beatings, murders, shootings...

To equate this to the Gun Control debate is the pinnacle of stupidity.

For a lobby that denounces victim-hood it is amazing how much the NRA crowd plays the victim.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

A fan of the Green Bay Packers is not a Green Bay Packer even if he dresses like one and throws the football in his back yard.

When a person is a shooter at a terrorist attack and they are ISIS-inspired.....

In the past we have droned terrorist planners and coordinators...made them high value targets under the heading of it will prevent future attacks.

Strategically...the lone wolf scenario presents new challenges.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

So are all of these incidents perpetrated by NRA members?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Sorry guys, have NO CLUE how it posted 3x....

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

So are all of these incidents perpetrated by NRA members?

I am not an NRA member.

People are their own best lobbyists.

Have better things to spend my money on.
edit on 4-12-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

And for every one of those examples we could find ten which read effectively...Islamic terrorist rants about Christians and executes 20. What's your point?

His point (I believe), and I agree, is that there is little difference between the xenophobic rants on gun control and the xenophobic rants about terrorism. In fact, the hypocrisy of the anti-gun crowd really rears its ugly head in the terrorism discussion because on the one hand the anti's want to demonize all gun owners as terrorists, but on the other want to defend terrorists as peace loving Muslims. The reality of the matter is; there are Islamic terrorists and there are peace loving Muslims, but they are not the same. Equally, there are nut cases who have access to firearms, but the vast majority of gun owners are not nut jobs.

BTW...for the record; the NRA does not speak for me, nor am I a member. Now who is stereotyping, hmmmmm?????

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It would appear he/she speak with fork tongue...all while furiously trying to scrub the black off the proverbial kettle.

edit on 12/4/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: diggindirt
That's just totally strange. They were playing an interview with a guy claiming to be the Dad of the male shooter. I heard it at least three times. There was a snippet in it where he said his son had been very upset because of his recent divorce. He also said he was a good muslim who prayed as he should but had never spoken like a radical.

Where did you hear this? That's really weird. If he was upset over a recent divorce then who is the lady shooter? Can't be his wife, then!

If true, this changes a lot of things. I still believe there were more than two shooters.

the dad said the son was upset over his recent divorce meaning (his the dads divorce), the shooters mom and dad got divorced sounds like the dad didn't explain it very well as he could have

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I don't disagree, but what makes you think this is a 'lone wolf' scenario?

Every single piece of evidence so far points to exactly the opposite...despite the left's unending rhetoric to make it seem otherwise.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Not sure this all has been posted here...

Duuuude...wait.

TASHFEEN Malik, the female shooter in the San Bernardino massacre, pledged allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi on Facebook during the mass shooting that killed 14, US media reports.

During???

www.washingtontimes.com...

www.news.com.au... eca43301ed2a62

Odd how I read about 50 versions of the story and only the 49th and 50th mentioned that as the lead.

And the Australian paper also says:

Lawyers for the family of Farook said colleagues had made disparaging remarks about his beard, but that he had “brushed off” the criticism.
The lawyers’ claims came after it emerged that Farook had had heated arguments about his faith with one of his fellow restaurant inspector, Nicholas Thalasinos, a Messianic Jew, who died in the mass shooting.

Thalasinos’ Facebook page is littered with anti-Muslim rants. His friend, Kuuleme Stephens, told The Associated Press that she called him while he was working with Farook, and that he brought her into their debate, loudly declaring that Farook “doesn’t agree that Islam is not a peaceful religion.” She said she heard Farook reply that Americans don’t understand Islam, and Thalasinos say, “I don’t know how to talk with him.”

I know that's been discussed some in the other thread...but interesting stuff.

This is interesting too.

"At this point we believe they were more self-radicalised and inspired by the group than actually told to do the shooting," the newspaper quoted an official as saying. [Source]

How do you nip that?

And how do you differentiate it from someone who is inspired by whatever other kind of hate, jingoist, what have you rhetoric that is out there?
edit on 12/4/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: THEatsking
Oh boy, those numbers are so far off.

There have been 352 mass shootings THIS YEAR only.... a mass shooting is defined as 4 or more deaths in that stat.
Looked at the page for 10 seconds and saw that error.

Stat

In 2013 it was around 250 mass shootings,butt the term is mis leading it also includes GANG KILLINGS and others not just what was seen here. Gang killings usually involve other gang members so really who cares about them? they are already criminals so let em kill each other off. SInce 2013 it has risen to a TOTAL of 352 not just this year. your stats are wrong too.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I would have said, "an attack on his own people" since he is a US citizen, but now I know 'his own people" is not us Americans. His loyalty is elsewhere. His evil heart was against us. Is it any wonder that people are having a difficult time differentiating a muslim from an ISIS terrorist?

Unfortunately this is a problem that is part of what America is versus what America used to be.

People are so fond of saying that America is a nation of immigrants. I think the more correct way to state it is, America is a nation that was founded by immigrants.

Family history, heritage, and pride, has always been strong among the immigrant populations. Most people cherished their family's past, whether it was great granddad who was a horse thief, or great grandma the Madam. Some hid their heritage when it was prudent, and some even created theirs, but one thing that remained fairly consistent, was their greater love and dedication to being American over loyalty to the 'Old Country."

What made America great, was the people that built this country from scratch, regardless of where they came from, or how they got here. Most, whether they came by force or by choice, came with very little, and sacrificed everything, to make the best life they could make out of what little they had.

America was built on the blood sweat and tears of the peoples from every land on this planet, and even with their differences, they managed to make this country great. Do not make the mistake of thinking that the building of this country happened in peace and harmony. There is a lot of ugliness and shame that is lying in shallow graves, and very much a part of America's history. Some of which was part of the catalyst for our drive for change, to do better, to be better.

Fast forward to today and you have the same vast representation of people; some who come by force, and some that came by choice. The biggest difference is that those that came generations ago, knew they were coming to a hostile land, and they were going to have to make sacrifices, they would have to struggle, and most of all, they would need to assimilate, to build a future in this new land.

Many of the freedoms and rights we hold dear, did not exist for those that built this country. They fought and died for the freedoms and rights, that many take for granted. Those freedoms and rights, have become tools being used by those that wish to come and claim them, without contribution to the maintaining of the structure of the land they demand to enter.

In other words too many immigrants today do not come to America to become Americans. They have no desire to be Americans, and they have no loyalty to America, and they use our laws to demand the right to do so.

No one country is alone in this game. Some are better represented then others, but almost all of them scream louder and are more fervently in their claims to America's rights, than most native born Americans.

And I would laugh it wasn't so sad, but they get rewarded for their demands, and the native Americans get punished.

Okay, I am laughing, laughing so hard that I am crying.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

In the past we have droned terrorist planners and coordinators...made them high value targets under the heading of it will prevent future attacks.

Strategically...the lone wolf scenario presents new challenges.

What does our droning of ISIS and AQ leaders have to do with you referring to the ISIS-supporting female shooter as a backyard football player?
If she pledges to support ISIS and goes out and shoots innocent people..... She is ISIS in my book.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

To equate this to the Gun Control debate is the pinnacle of stupidity.

Then Obama needs to adjust his brain/piehole connection and stop talking about gun control in response to the San Bernadino ISIS terrorist attack.

new topics

top topics

<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join