It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Bernardino, Calif., fire units responding to reports of 20-victim shooting incident -

page: 175
<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

or they want the rest of the gang to think that they are off the hook and home free while they investigate and track them down?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: texasgirl

That said, I would heartily agree there is a strong case to be made that these two (dead) Islamic terrorists did NOT act alone. And, the authorities who continue characterizing this incident in this manner are perpetrating a massive injustice on not only the American people, but also the world.

I don't get the anger around this. Those tasked with investigating this ...their job is not to speculate or jump to conclusions. Their job is to gather evidence and facts and reach provable conclusions wherever those facts lead. It is easy to have an opinion...but they are not in the business of speculation. They don't declare conclusions based on gut feelings or what something "appears" like. Why would they declare it an ISIS or outside coordinated attack before they had actual evidence of the same?

What would be an "injustice" would be an investigation that looked to public opinion and what the general joe believed in order to reach a conclusion.

Just my 2 cents..

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: charolais
Yeah. Makes you want to take another look at those pictures doesn't it?

90 lbs? Even if she lost a lot of weight after having the baby six months ago, it is hard to imagine the woman in those pictures weighing 90 lbs.

No family pictures. No wedding pictures. No baby pictures. Like the lawyer, I have agree. A lot is just not adding up.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

....now what?

1. Start calling out Islamic terrorism for what it is...at the national level.
2. Start publishing the names and identities of extremist Islamic groups who are being watched. Hell, publish the no-fly list.
3. Start telling people to screw all this politically correct apologist nonsense...if you see something, say something.
4. Close the borders. Period.
5. Take the political correctness chains off law enforcement. Start rounding up terrorists and jail them or deport them.

and...here's a novel concept

6. Deputize American citizens for the purposes of eradicating terrorism. Not everyone mind you, but sorting out responsible people isn't all that hard to do.

And before you say it...yes, I do realize at least one of the Islamic terrorists in this incident was an American born citizen. And regarding the deputation process, people of the Muslim faith absolutely CAN (and should) be deputized. In fact, I would argue they should be some of the first ones deputized.

7. Mental health no longer gets a free pass. No more
8. Extremist religious behavior will not be tolerated. You are welcome to practice it...somewhere else. No religion is exempt. So how is 'extremist' defined? Any religious practice which violates the legal civil rights of another person.

This would be a good start.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

No argument with your fundamental premise, but in this instance I think authorities are bowing to political pressure by saying publically there are only "two" terrorists. The truth of the matter is; people are not stupid, they know there are more, we know there are more...and saying anything different simply isn't telling the truth.

There is no way these two could have put all this together on their own...just no way. Just the financing of the weapons and ammo alone was beyond their ability.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
CNN reports the wife in question, at some point that day used social media (under a different name) and praised ISIS and or their leader. Opens up another can of worms IMO. . under a diff name? Why? How can it be her for sure? Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

6. Deputize American citizens for the purposes of eradicating terrorism. Not everyone mind you, but sorting out responsible people isn't all that hard to do.

Sorry...Just hell no.

For effs sake, we are struggling to reign in our vetted and trained police officers...let alone empowering the average yokel to start playing Rambo on their neighbors.

Not like anyone has ever been shot for wearing a hoodie or anything?

The answer is not 1 million armed George Zimmerman's tasked with keeping us "safe"...that is a recipe for more innocents dead than a dozen 9-11's.

Again...we are currently struggling to reign in our purportedly well trained and vetted police in this country.

Bad...Bad..idea.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It is instructive to go back to the beginning page(s) of this thread to see how quickly and how zealously, media reports and people here were looking for this to be another Planned Parenthood attack.

Some are so myopic when it comes to seeking PC knee-jerk blame.

edit on 4-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

How is this an effective strategy? If you want to catch a rat you've got to make him do something rats don't ordinarily do. They way you do this is by keeping the pressure on him, keeping him on the run...sooner or later he's going to make a mistake. And the only way you do this is by sending the message he's being hunted.

You see, the political pressure is just the opposite. The message is "there's no terrorists here...and certainly not Islamic ones", and this is why authorities are being pressed into saying this is just an isolated incident when the opposite is true.

I don't want a relaxed terrorist, I want a nervous one; I want him scared and on the run. I want him to keep moving, never to rest. I want him thinking the boogey man is around every corner. I want him spending more time looking over his shoulder than thinking about anything else. I don't want to give him time to concoct some plan, some act; I want him unsettled, starved for time, resources and money. In short...I want him tired, more tired than he's ever been in his life, so tired that resting means more than his cause...real damn tired.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Maybe it would also help if the hosting countries stop playing lords and masters.

Just an idea here.

It is said repeatedly that the people coming in are strangers in a strange land. They are thrown together in areas where the language, the food, and the culture is foreign and offensive to them.

So why don't they use the existing Muslim community in this problem? Why aren't they allowing the peaceful communities to take in these people, to teach them, and assimilate them?

That would stop some of the problems with the culture clash and perhaps remove some of the divisiveness. The peaceful Muslim community can help police their own.

Just an idea.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TenFinner
CNN reports the wife in question, at some point that day used social media (under a different name) and praised ISIS and or their leader. Opens up another can of worms IMO. . under a diff name? Why? How can it be her for sure? Thoughts?
The Intent Here Was Jihad And It Was Carefully Premeditated And Planned”President Obama, his national security team and the FBI know this.

But admitting it would damage the narrative and the Obama end game. As predicted, Obama will do his damnedest to disarm as many people as he can.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

No argument with your fundamental premise, but in this instance I think authorities are bowing to political pressure by saying publically there are only "two" terrorists.

Read the official releases carefully. They are not declaring they know only 2 were "involved". They are saying that they have confirmed via witnesses etc. that there were only two shooters and the two shooters are dead. The rest is ongoing investigation. It's not their job to give opinions or spook people...it's their job to find facts, evidence and chase it all down before just saying stuff.

There is no way these two could have put all this together on their own...just no way. Just the financing of the weapons and ammo alone was beyond their ability.

Good point and you might very well be on to something. No doubt they are chasing all of it now. Again they aren't paid to speculate in front of microphones...that is what the press does.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Who said anything about shooting people?

Sorry, but wrong

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
BREAKING...Reuters: Female shooter pledged allegiance to ISIS online.

BREAKING NEWS: Female San Bernardino shooter pledged allegiance to ISIS: government source

live.reuters.com...
edit on 4-12-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
BREAKING...Reuters: Female shooter pledged allegiance to ISIS online.

[extreme sarcasm] Nope, no terrorism here![/extreme sarcasm]

Move along now.

edit on 12/4/2015 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Well, you see, that's just it; I am not suggesting they speculate in front of any microphones. However, I don't think saying publically that all bets are off in how many were involved in this incident is speculation. In fact, just the opposite.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

This is a fact!

No doubt about it.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

A press report yesterday morning the chief of SBPD said that Farook had legally purchased the pistols but the AR's were legally purchased by someone else. And that they were investigating that person as well. But that all four firearms were legally purchased and registered.

That in itself proves other involvement and possibly foreknowledge of a planned activity. Even if it was just "target shooting in the backyard" as his dating profile had stated.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Who said anything about shooting people?

Sorry, but wrong

Uhh..Ok. Show me where the Feds have said that their were "only two terrorists" and no one else is involved?

Everything I have seen has said the investigation is ongoing.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

A press report yesterday morning the chief of SBPD said that Farook had legally purchased the pistols but the AR's were legally purchased by someone else. And that they were investigating that person as well. But that all four firearms were legally purchased and registered.

That in itself proves other involvement and possibly foreknowledge of a planned activity. Even if it was just "target shooting in the backyard" as his dating profile had stated.

Agree..

That is why I took issue with this statement..

but in this instance I think authorities are bowing to political pressure by saying publically there are only "two" terrorists. The truth of the matter is; people are not stupid, they know there are more

No officials are claiming that there were only two involved in this plot. That investigation is ongoing.

top topics

<< 172  173  174    176  177  178 >>

join