It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient America’s Giants, Native Legends From Many Tribes

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Edwards swiped it whole-hog from Fenoglio.

You can read the whole breakdown by clicking the link in my signature space.

I read it, it disagrees with your assertion

First, putting Frank and 1959 aside, we are going to jump ahead to 1966 and UFO buff Alberto Fenoglio. Fenoglio was the next person after Frank to write about Alexander and the shields, and he did it in an article that was published in the Italian UFO magazine Clypeus.

edit on 12-12-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

Oh Christ, how embarrassing. Best I can say for myself is that I had myself worked in to a tizzy and it's a case of fire-and-forget.

Sorry.

I'm glad it didn't screw up the timeline of the thread itself. So I got that going for me.

We are dealing with the exact same dynamic, though, here with this Cushman bull#.

Thanks, Man.

P.S. Honestly: goddamnit! I've just been so excited about beating that bit of text up all day.

edit on 12-12-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Oh Christ, how embarrassing. Best I can say for myself is that I had myself worked in to a tizzy and it's a case of fire-and-forget.

Sorry.

I'm glad it didn't screw up the timeline of the thread itself. So I got that going for me.

We are dealing with the exact same dynamic, though, here with this Cushman bull#.

Thanks, Man.

P.S. Honestly: goddamnit! I've just been so excited about beating that bit of text up all day.

Its a good article,

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Sincerely, thanks for the break.

I'm struggling to imagine how this Cushman thing could be nearly as interesting.

I think that the Nelson Lee part will "bring it on home".

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Sincerely, thanks for the break.

I'm struggling to imagine how this Cushman thing could be nearly as interesting.

I think that the Nelson Lee part will "bring it on home".

It is always this way with fringe authors, they don't do their own research and visit places to find and collect evidence, they just rehash some old theory from a long forgotten book and claim it as their own by adding a little bit of nonsense to it. Have a look at half the threads in this forum, this one for instance
www.abovetopsecret.com...
which claims

originally posted by: Rasobasi420
Given that the data imply that the pyramid was built (impossibly) from the top down, Dr. Schoch argues that if the information provided by the study is correct, it makes sense if it is assumed the pyramid was built and rebuilt in several stages suggesting later Pharaohs such as Khufu were only inheritors of an existing monument, not the original builders, and merely rebuilt or repaired previously constructed sections.

Robert Schoch is a geologist, not an Egyptologist and certainly not an engineer, his claims are disingenuous at best and he is a known pseudo historian. He completely neglects to mention that the idea was first proposed by Herodotus and so isn't his at all.

“This pyramid was made after the manner of steps, which some call “rows” and others “bases”: and when they had first made it thus, they raised the remaining stones with machines made of short pieces of timber, raising them first from the ground to the first stage of the steps, and when the stone got up to this it was placed upon another machine standing on the first stage, and so from this it was drawn to the second upon another machine; for as many as were the courses of the steps, so many machines there were also, or perhaps they transferred one and the same machine, made so as easily to be carried, to each stage successively, in order that they might take up the stones; for let it be told in both ways, according as it is reported. However that may be, the highest parts of it were finished first, and afterwards they proceeded to finish that which came next to them, and lastly they finished the parts of it near the ground and the lowest ranges.”

Of course he doesn't want to point anyone to Herodotus, because then they'd read as you just have, his entire account where he names the Egyptians as the original builders

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz
a reply to: Byrd
I would tend to think that the earth was more rich in Oxygen 20,000 years ago

Not really. Ice cores and other data show an atmosphere pretty close to what we have today.

I seen a Video long ago, where a few Scientist Did a experiment in a Lab with Fish , What they Created was a Environment Habitat Tank to simulate what they thought what a Ancient period of 20,000 yrs or give or take a few million of years ago would of been like ( Atmosphere, Pressure,chemical levels in the Air ,) They Used Modern Common Freshwater Fish ( Bass , Perch,bull head ?) Sorry not sure what type, anyhow the Experiment showed the results
was a 30 percent increase in size, all from what was pumped into the Habitat Tank,

I'm a little suspicious of this documentary. There have been studies that show you can increase insect size up to 15% by putting them in an oxygen rich atmosphere. But if they could do this to fish, we'd see every fish farmer on the planet using oxygen to produce larger fish more cheaply in their ponds.

4) Right The moon is moving away , and How close was it say 20 to 40 thousand years ago ?

About 500 yards (5 football field lengths) closer.

or say 1 to 4 million years ago ,

About a mile closer.

would the moon cause a effect on Earth , as it still does now ( you known causing tidal waves among other things) and gravitational Pull , Pressure etc.. in physics would the Earth rotate faster , but the question is would the gravity in
crease or decrease

The Earth was rotating slightly faster 300 million years ago. Gravity would not be affected... in fact, you'd have a stronger gravitational field from a tree next to you than you would from the moon.

Gravity drops at an inverse square... so if you use one foot as your unit... something 2 feet away has only 1/4th the gravitational pull. Something 3 feet away has only 1/8th the gravitational impact. Something 4 feet away has 1/16th the gravitational impact.

The Moon affects the tides because the ocean is huge.

5) Im talking if there were any Giants on the Average Size on Earth the would be no Higher then 10 feet at the extreme ,

Human skeletal design just doesn't support that kind of height and weight. Could humans be modified through breeding to get that tall? Well.. maybe, but there'd have to be a LOT of physical changes.

right they did die faster and earlier, Lack of Knowledge of medicine? ,,
there was a time when the ancients had Remedy's Cures for healing
and most were died off because they were considered heretic heathens
and witches, also 20 to 40 thousand years ago there were Religious Cults ,
I think it been a proven evidence of that , the famed Venus mother earth Sculptures

People back then usually died at age 40 (as we know from their bones.)

]7) well i was going on by Lloyd Pye's Discussion of Bone Structure,and density . of a Neanderthal and a Hominid with its hunter gatherer Strength, and the Weight of its Muscle mass to its Bones

My impression was that he didn't know as much about anatomy as my teachers did (or as my textbooks did.)

with the well known Julia Pastrana , of her Genetic deformity that resembles a Hominid

Actually, she's pure human. Artists often "chimp-ify" early humans when they draw them, to show that they were "more primitive." There's a number of artists who draw early humans with modern hair patterns, and it makes a real difference in how you feel about these early humans.

Julia had Missing and Doubling certain genes in her DNA
Not true, actually. Wikipedia has an article on the condition... you can be born with it or get it later in life (certain medicines, other things cause it.) en.wikipedia.org...

who knows of what those Bone and elongated skulls in Paracas Peru... ould show ? a differnt type of Human ?
and what is the Scietific Avreage height those bones would of been ??

Investigated many times. They're humans and their full skeletons are only about 5 feet 5 inches tall.

We one thing you would have to admitt is all races of humans on this planet
called earth are are incressing Height ,, of Today ...

Humans in general are taller, thanks to better nutrition!

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

It is always this way with fringe authors, they don't do their own research and visit places to find and collect evidence, they just rehash some old theory from a long forgotten book and claim it as their own by adding a little bit of nonsense to it.

Yeah, agreed, and that’s me as a novice debunker of bullcrap.

I appreciate the time you’ve taken to discuss this stuff with me. I get a little out of control; Debunking bull#, I think, must be like blood to vampyres: It’s addicting and I get all worked up in a frenzy and try to go too fast and sometimes I crash in to stuff, like omnipotent Babylonian deities. I’m an “excitable boy”.

I’m not sure if I am going to post a thread about this or not. The Alexander thing had universal appeal, but I am not sure that what I have discovered concerning the Cushman horse#, and ultimately the Nelson Lee GoatDroppings, does not belong right here on this thread.

So, I have, in fact, found the key to decimating the bit of text from SLAYER69’s op.

Cushman lifted his stuff directly out of the Nelson Lee narrative:

Finally we descended into a ravine, walled on either side by rugged cliffs which led us a day’s ride to the southwest, when we emerged into a valley about four miles wide and thirty long. It was surrounded on all sides by very high mountains, exceedingly bleak and barren. There was not a tree, or bush, or even a blade of grass to be discovered over the entire surface of the valley. It was covered, to the average depth of fifteen feet, as near as I could judge, with broken pumice stone, a substance precisely similar to the lava of Vesuvius. That it was the result of volcanic eruptions there was no possible doubt, inasmuch as numerous tracts down which it had flowed from the mountaintops were distinctly visible.

The Rolling Thunder, in order to convince me of the correctness of a belief, universal throughout the Comanche nation, conducted me to the western side of this strange valley, where I saw, with infinite astonishment and surprise, the dilapidated ruins of a large town. In the midst of the falling walls of a great number of buildings, which, in some remote age, beyond doubt, had lined spacious streets, was what appeared to have been a church or cathedral.

Its walls of cut stone, two feet thick, and in some places fifteen feet high, included a space measuring two hundred feet in length, and, perhaps, one hundred in width. The inner surface of the walls in many places was adorned with elaborate carved work, evidently the labor of a master hand, and at the eastern end was a massive stone platform which seemed to have been used as a stage or pulpit. In my surprise at beholding so unexpectedly these evidences of civilization in that wild region, I turned to the Rolling Thunder and asked if he could explain it.

This is the legend of the Comanches, as he related it: Innumerable moons ago, a race of white men, ten feet high, and far more rich and powerful than any white people now living here inhabited a large range of country, extending from the rising to the setting sun. Their fortifications crowned the summits of the mountains, protecting their populous cities situated in the intervening valleys.

They excelled every other nation which has flourished, either before or since, in all manner of cunning handicraft—were brave and warlike—ruling over the land they had wrested from its ancient possessors with a high and haughty hand. Compared with them the palefaces of the present day were pigmies, in both art and arms.
They drove the Indians from their homes, putting them to the sword, and occupying the valleys in which their fathers had dwelt before them since the world began. At length, in the height of their power and glory, when they remembered justice and mercy no more and became proud and lifted up, the Great Spirit descended from above, sweeping them with fire and deluge from the face of the earth. The mounds we had seen on the tablelands were the remnants of their fortresses, and the crumbling ruins that surrounded us all that remained of a mighty city.

In like manner, continued the Rolling Thunder, the day will surely come when the present white race, which is driving the Indians before it, and despoiling them of their inheritance, and which, in the confidence of its strength, has become arrogant and boastful and forgotten God, will be swept from existence. For the Great Spirit is just—and as certainly as the rivers flow downward towards the salt sea, or the sun rises in the morning and sets at night, so certainly will He yet restore the land of their fathers to the red man, when the days of his affliction are passed.
It would, indeed, be difficult to adopt any other hypothesis than the one entertained by the chief. The evidence before me was too clear and palpable to be controverted, that at some period, more or less remote, this valley had been inhabited by a people skilled in architecture and evidently possessing, in a high degree, a knowledge of mechanism and the arts.

www.texasranger.org...

( *Mods?. Please gimme a break on the length of this citation. I think, and deeply feel, that anyone with a soul for denying ignorance, like myself, can appreciate the importance of seeing what Cushman stole from Nelson in its entirety).

Some folks may be, all, like, “Hey, Bybyots, you linked a Texas Ranger site for your info”. But, I’d be, all, like, “Shut up.”
Because, of this:

Of this probably spurious classic work, Walter Prescott Webb stated that "there is no better description of the life of the Texas Rangers than that of Nelson Lee." The book has since been a source for several writers about Comanche culture.
But in 1982 anthropologist Melburn D.

Thurman called Lee's account of Comanche ceremonies "blatantly erroneous" and demonstrated…
that Ernest Wallace and E. Adamson Hoebel's discussion of the "Comanche" Green Corn Ceremony in The Comanches: Lords of the South Plains (1952) employed questionable data from Lee's book.

LEE, NELSON, TSHA

To All: Yeah, any of the rest of you that are as interested as the rest of us? Go ahead and click that link, “Pardner”.

I am, personally, blown away, Marduk.

I think that’s enough of my own Bull# for the moment.

Thanks to all for “Staying Tuned”.

I’ll admit: I am deeply indebted to ATS for teaching me this “Way”. Especially to all the particular members which I hold deep respect for; the list of which is growing:

Phage
Bedlam
Astyanax
Byrd
Harte
burdman30ott6
asktheanimals
Harte
Marduk
Anaana
ATODASO
Springer
SkepticOverlord
GeneralEyes
K
tothetenthpower

…All the mods, and...

SLAYER6'ty #n 9, without whom which none of this would be possible.

I’ve forgotten some, ‘cause I’m loaded, as usual.

I love you all.

Thank you.

edit on 13-12-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Oh, P.S. Negating "Rolling Thunder" negates any need to verify some "Spanish listener".

Game over.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
A little fuel for your debunking knowledge...

The Rolling Thunder,

Names can be a red flag. Any time you see a Native American name, doublecheck it. In this case, "Rolling Thunder" is a translation of a Comanche name... but in many cases it's not. Examples of real translated names are here: www.comanchelodge.com...

universal throughout the Comanche nation,

Another flag when dealing with Native Americans. Any time you see "nation" or "king" or "princess" (etc) realize that you may be dealing with a piece of writing by someone who didn't know Native Americans very well. Some groups did form what we call "nations" while others were more of a confederacy united by languages. Check Wikipedia first.

Compared with them the palefaces

"palefaces" is not necessarily a Native American term for anybody. Another flag.

the Great Spirit

HUGE red flag, there. Very few tribes had a "Great Spirit" before Christian missionaries arrived to convert them. They had powerful creator entities but not an ordered structure with one deity doing everything.

In like manner, continued the Rolling Thunder, the day will surely come when the present white race, which is driving the Indians before it, and despoiling them of their inheritance, and which, in the confidence of its strength, has become arrogant and boastful and forgotten God, will be swept from existence.

IF this is a valid report of what someone called Rolling Thunder said, then this is not an ancient story but rather a retelling of the main prophecy from the time of the Ghost Dances. (Wikipedia)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd
Byrd
I will absolutely agree with you assertion about great spirit. In that form, the great spirit is a manifestation of the Ghost Dance movement, a religious revival movement from the late 19th century. It started among the western shoshone,Owens valley and Mono lake Piutes to be exact
Andthe Comanche were a band of Owens valley piutes that took up the equestrian lifestyle after contact with the Spanish/Mexcans in the early 18th cent.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I just had to add I have seen a girl in Targets store six years ago who looked seven to eight feet tall. Everyone stared. You just could not help it.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk
I'll get back to you in March 2016 to tell you that your ideas need psychiatric help

As i posted in a previous response "Somehow i already know that things will continue as expected until Feb 8 2016. Then the fun will really begin."

Everyone will still be here for most of the year. However, life for the spiritually dead will be worthless after my Feb 8 2016 date.

The financial panic is now on after it began on Feb 9th 2016. Gold is rising and equities are collapsing worldwide.

1) From the first working week of January the Chinese economy has started to implode and dump the dollar. Others have crashed the oil price below $30 and started a derivatives meltdown. Now stock exchanges worldwide are collapsing with many banks like Bank of Scotland saying 'dump shares' and bank interest rates going negative like Bank of Japan.

2) Baltic Dry Index sinking at every new reading since December 2015.

Just wait for June 13-20th. It could be a 'coma' day for the world where people will be stunned beyond belief.

If you are not spiritually minded, the differences between spiritually biased people and ignorant people will be very noticable.

Oh and BTW 555 days after Sept 11 2001, war erupted in Iraq. 555 means death and change. Iraq got both.

5555 days after Sept 11 2001 is Saturday, 26 November 2016. On that day, if this world has not changed spiritually for the better, it will be major death for planet Earth. Iraq was a dry run. We all know how Iraq ended up after years of all out war.

Let me guess, spammers will now force this post up the page because they are desperate to hide the truth and you will dish out another insult. If i am correct, it explains why daemons constantly laugh at humans.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Who were the Amorites and the Beaker people? These people seemed much more advanced than everyone else, physically and technologically.

There is a Book called: The Nephilim Chronicles: Fallen Angels in the Ohio Valley - by Fritz Zimmerman

I don't know much about he author but it's interesting nevertheless.

Origins of the Ohio Mound Builders Revealed!

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Hex1an

The Beaker people were proto-Celts if you like. They came over Europe, as far west as Ireland in the late Neolithic-early Bronze Age. They had a distinctive pottery style for their cups, hence the name Beaker culture.

Amorites were ancient Syrians, I think.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hex1an
Who were the Amorites and the Beaker people? These people seemed much more advanced than everyone else, physically and technologically.

This is material from the religious book, THE BOOK OF MORMON. Mormons have funded many an archaeological expedition in an effort to prove that their books are true. They are not. None of the claims made can be supported or are even plausible.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Hex1an

This is material from the religious book, THE BOOK OF MORMON. Mormons have funded many an archaeological expedition in an effort to prove that their books are true. They are not. None of the claims made can be supported or are even plausible.

"THE BOOK OF MORMON" Well that's a bit of a shocker, Thanks for the enlightenment.

a reply to: beansidhe

Thank you

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Hex1an

You're most welcome.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It's news to me to me that people are trying to cover up the past existence of Giants! Some people will deny anything, despite the evidence. Some even try to deny the holocaust.

Thanks for the thread OP and all contributors! Giants are one of the most interesting subjects. We're they the sons of God ("alien" humans from another planet) who came down to breed with beautiful earth wome? I am stuck in bed with a catastrophically sprained ankle, thank God for ATS!

p.s. Were the people of Basque Giants?

These " tall, white people" were reported to appear out of nowhere, suddenly populating an area between France & Spain. Both France and Spain found the sudden appearance pretty freaky. The Basque had an odd, totally original language, that to this day can't be linked to any other language on earth. Despite their odd appearance, also different from the other people on earth, they were said to have magic powers, which prompted the big French witch hunt, chasing many of them to the Caucusus mountains, spawning Caucasians as we know them. These Basque people were the only ones on earth to have the mysterious RH negative blood type, that area still has the highest concentration of RH negative people in the world.

edit on 12-2-2016 by 222mockingbirdlane because: Ps

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 222mockingbirdlane
Despite their odd appearance, also different from the other people on earth, they were said to have magic powers, which prompted the big French witch hunt, chasing many of them to the Caucusus mountains, spawning Caucasians as we know them.

Amazing! And to to think all us whiteys are descended from the Basques.
You should move to 1313.

Harte

edit on 2/12/2016 by Harte because: of the Munsters.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I couldn't bear to be seen with that creep, Marilyn (:

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join