It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient America’s Giants, Native Legends From Many Tribes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity
The argument from incredulity is not an argument at all. Besides, how much weight would such a rope have to hold?

Do you believe a rope must hold the entire weight of a block, or it can't be used to move the block? IOW, which megaliths had to be suspended in air to be placed?

Were the ancients limited to using only one rope on a block?

Why did the Egyptians paint pictures of themselves dragging a gigantic statue with ropes? Was that their version of science fiction?

Harte

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
Now you are ready to be judged when Universal Karma introduces the false Tribulation (3.5Y) during Feb 2016 followed instantly by the real 7 Year Tribulation. Oh the fun that awaits this evil world now is going to be so entertaining to all jinn.

That's not going to mess with my vacation in Cuba is it? I'm not sure my trip insurance covers that.

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

Now you are ready to be judged when Universal Karma introduces the false Tribulation (3.5Y) during Feb 2016 followed instantly by the real 7 Year Tribulation.

Are you wearing your tinfoil hat right now, I'll get back to you in March 2016 to tell you that your ideas need psychiatric help

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
The fact is that stories/legends/myths of giants are all over the place in history and to think they were just fantasy...well yes you can do that. It is perfectly normal that people over the world imagines about big strong man. Or you know, maybe the women were writing and spreading her wet dreams, just as today there is a wet teenage fantasy about white prince on a horse. Maybe back in the day, women ideal man was big giant man, with double rows of teeth and red hear...

The giants you've read about in the Bible, here's something I know
You have been reading the King James version
The original Hebrew version only mentions "giant" once in a reference to Goliath who is listed as 6'9".
All the other references were mistranslations of the Hebrew word for tall, the Rephaim, the Anakim etc, are all described as tall

So really, your lack of any decent research is your undoing, not mine,
As regards "my bias", that's laughable, pretty much everyone in here who you regard as biased started off believing the same things that you did. The only difference is that those people learned how to research to get to the truth, whereas you and your woo contingent just blindly swallow anything you are told, usually by someone with no qualifications in the field they are writing in. Hancock, Sitchin, Childress and the rest, not a single historical qualification between them, but all worked as journalists
You are trusting journalists to form your view of the ancient world, which is ironic, because I bet not a one of you trust them to help colour your modern world view at all
You've been lied to, repeatedly, and until you learn to research properly from credible sources your beliefs will always be deluded.
I'm not asking you or anyone else to believe me, I'm just asking you not to believe anyone else, do your own research and you'll find out, the same as we have...

posted on Dec, 3 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: tri-lobe-1

thanks, I appreciate it!
But I learned a lot from you guys because this is my first foreign forum and writing in English is very good practice.

a reply to: Harte
When we tried to pull my car which was stuck in snow with the rope with another car. Guess what happened? It broke as soon as we started pulling. And it was not a weak rope by any means. But it was only one, I give you that. But in any case, the car was around 800 kg, which is far from weight of megaliths but anyway only a chain could do the job for my car. After trying with a rope a few times and each time it was bigger in size.

No amount of normal sized ropes would suffice for such colossal weights and they were probably not quality ropes either compared to today?

But look, you have your opinion I have mine, its cool. I will not say more of this, because it is not the subject of the thread.

a reply to: Marduk
laugh all you want, but what you posted is wrong about me.

If you want to know from where I am coming from, than you would have to turn to Russian sources. Many famous and some not so much famous Russian archaeologist are my sources. They tell totally different history than our western scholars. So it is a matter of opinion and interpretation of ancient ruins and who you listen to. I do not lean on those which you listed and the bible is not my source ether.

I believe them more than our side. They make way more sense than we do in my opinion. But I am just an observer and not in the field, so my opinion is not important. Although I like to read from all sides whatever I research and in this case our comrades has totally different story to tell than we do. If you want to research something than you should try to get information from all over the world and not just the west, when it comes to our ancient history.

If somebody wants to get a good English representation of different version of history which I am pointing to than I would suggest to watch youtube series the survivors made by newearth. Your mind will be blown away if you let it : ).
You may say that this is just another youtube user who claims something without evidence. But that is not so, she uses research from many fellow professional Russians or other people in the field and she even travelled all over the world herself, to megalithic ruins or to find people or tribes who are not connected to mainstream society and have gone deeper in forests - away from our civ. They are unfortunately dying out and their numbers are decreasing, but some of them have not forgotten our history.
She even challenges viewers if anyone has evidence to disprove some of her claims and they send it to her, she will remove the related video or change the statement. Guess what so far no body managed to do so...
Also she does not write a book or get any other profit out of it, to my knowledge.
edit on 14492085151255December5512553115 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

edit on 14492088891201December0112013115 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

If somebody wants to get a good English representation of different version of history which I am pointing to than I would suggest to watch youtube series the survivors made by newearth. .

I watched a couple, again, you are being lied to, the videos are filled with outdated nonsense, claims without evidence and the content of a few David Hatcher Childress books
The Piri Reis map and survivors from Atlantis, laughable

Is this your source, some youtube videos without any provenance

Like I said, if you're not prepared to do your own research, don't be surprised when people laugh at your claims.

She even challenges viewers if anyone has evidence to disprove some of her claims and they send it to her, she will remove the related video or change the statement. Guess what so far no body managed to do so...
Also she does not write a book or get any other profit out of it, to my knowledge.

You get two types of people watching these videos, those that know nothing and those that know better, the former will be making themselves tin foil hats and the latter can't be bothered to respond to videos full of nonsense, it would be a lifetime career to point out all the inconsistencies on YouTube videos. So your claim that she said she would take them down, is about as crazy as the content.

edit on 4-12-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Stuff like this fascinates me. I read a story about an explorer going down the Colorado river in the grand canyon back in the late 1890's. He discovered a cave up a sheer cliffside and climbed up and explored. He found a city underground much like the one in Cappadocia Turkey with sliding counterweight doors mummified Giants with bronze and stylized weapons and jewelry and hieroglyphs. But the smithsonian shut it down and hushed it up. Not sure if the story was true but its pretty interesting to think about. I think the human race has been around a long time. And we have had world trade long before the Roman Empire came to exist. I think most of the copper that made bronze in Europe came from the states. Humans have an adventurous nature I think since earliest man we have wanted to explore and go beyond the horizon. I also think we had more advanced time periods in the past but we either left the planet or had to rebuild society from killing each other off in global wars. Not to mention the natural disasters that could have happened in the past that caused human populations to die off.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

hey, look laughing is healthy so all is good : )
A laugh a day keeps the doctor away ; )

What about the many Russian and other professionals from where she is sourcing the videos. I checked some of them out and they are indeed archaeologists with degree or other related credentials, just like many of you here. So I am not dismissing her videos as BS, like you just did. Almost every evidence presented is supported by some authentic person in the field...

Why are they wrong and you are right? just because the majoraty in the west is agreeing with you, this means nothing in cases like this. This is not a numbers game. They mean nothing. Evidence does and interpretation of it. Yours is different than others. Cool, I respect that!

it is ok, we will not come to understanding so best thing we do is agree to disagree. Each person has to do his own research and construct from there his own truth. From my prospective you are being lied to also...so what is the truth is very slippery slope...it is unique for each individual based on his experiences, wisdom and knowledge.

That is why I personally like to have an open mind without any preconceived believes when researching anything. I care only about my own image of history and would not like to impose it to any other. But if anyone is curious I will tell them what I think but if they disagree than that is ok to.

Arguing about stuff is useless and rarely with fruitful results. So this is as far as I will go in this thread probably.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

it is ok, we will not come to understanding so best thing we do is agree to disagree.

I didn't ask you to come to an understanding, I asked you to do your own research from credible sources
Your response was to link to some YouTube videos

You seem to think that I don't know what I'm talking about and represent some cadre of truth denying westerners, when in fact I'm you 20 years ago.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

a reply to: tri-lobe-1

thanks, I appreciate it!
But I learned a lot from you guys because this is my first foreign forum and writing in English is very good practice.

When we tried to pull my car which was stuck in snow with the rope with another car. Guess what happened? It broke as soon as we started pulling. And it was not a weak rope by any means. But it was only one, I give you that. But in any case, the car was around 800 kg, which is far from weight of megaliths but anyway only a chain could do the job for my car. After trying with a rope a few times and each time it was bigger in size.

No amount of normal sized ropes would suffice for such colossal weights and they were probably not quality ropes either compared to today?

Yet the Romans moved several Egyptian obelisks to Rome. Do you think they didn't use ropes?

Harte

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

that is false. I know you are knowledgeable and I said as much. This is without a doubt visible in your contributions to a lot of threads about history. And also are many others here who are like you and I said already that I enjoy reading your posts, when they are presented without arrogance.

The source is the issue. Your credible sources means nothing to me, and vice versa - mine to you. They are opposing on almost every level. This is where personal experience comes in. We each have different, yes?

I am know that spirit or whatever you labelled it is real. From my experience I know, we are spiritual beings having a human experience. And because of that our world is way older than we think and there were probably many many past civs who were advanced like us but without crappy materialism. Somewhere along the line there were giants, for sure in some form on earth.
And also I think that previous civ had a true and deep understanding about spiritual side of universe and because of that they could achieve many things, which seems like magic to us, who are only inspecting our reality based on purely material side. And due to that we concluded they were building with chisels and hammers. We think we are the most knowledgeable out of all civs that came before, but in my view, I think we are lagging behind very much...
edit on 14492255111238December3812383115 by UniFinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

So where are the traces of civilizations and villages and cities with furniture and graves of people over 6' tall found?

Legends aside.

I'd ask, outside of a few cave remnants/skulls what other proof do we have of a race of hobbits?

Homo floresiensis

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

well to tell you the truth, I have no idea how they did it or even if this really happened?... maybe our history is more fantasy than truth.
I was not there so I am not certain about anything and also I will not object to your certainty. It all boils down to your sources as mentioned in my previous post to Marduk...

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: Byrd

So where are the traces of civilizations and villages and cities with furniture and graves of people over 6' tall found?

Legends aside.

I'd ask, outside of a few cave remnants/skulls what other proof do we have of a race of hobbits?

Homo floresiensis

"A few skulls" is infinitely more evidence for H. floresiensis than the evidence we have for giants.

Harte

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Well this is the point of the discussion is it not?

I mean, we have stories of unusually tall specimens being found, legends of such beings existing and yet we lack modern investigation of mound skeletons due to many factors.

Until the hobbit skull was found stories of tiny people were just considered myths/legends.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Well this is the point of the discussion is it not?

I mean, we have stories of unusually tall specimens being found, legends of such beings existing and yet we lack modern investigation of mound skeletons due to many factors.

Until the hobbit skull was found stories of tiny people were just considered myths/legends.

Without calling out the references, as I'm not quite caffeinated...
Might I suggest that the 'hobbits' are quite incidental to, say, the European legends of Little People? They were discovered in a genetic 'back 40' and add nothing to modern folk tales.

And 'mound skeletons' are investigated...well, within the dictates of NAGPRA...and there just ain't no giants. There is simply no chatter or buzz in the archaeological community, either. Pick up a copy of Bones: Discovering the First Americans, for instance. Elaine Dewar ties herself in knots to whistleblow the entire profession...no giants.

I get your point, but it's apples and oranges.
edit on 4-12-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: spelling matters, eh?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Pick up a copy of Bones: Discovering the First Americans, for instance. Elaine Dewar ties herself in knots to whistleblow the entire profession...no giants.

Well almost no giants, she does specifically go over the Piute/Shoshone myth of giants, and the battle at lovelock cave between the piute and "the giants". This battle was actually between the Washoe, the original inhabitants of that part of nev., and the newcomer shoshoneans/piute. This happened less than a 1000 years ago.
The average Piute man is a little over 5' tall while the average Washoe man is nearly 6' tall, and Mrs. Dewar details a burial ground preservation project, on Washoe land, that uncovered a couple of sets of remains that were in the 6'-6" to 6'-7" range.
I'm the size of a large Piute , 5'-6"ish, and if I was having to fight someone over 6' tall, I'd describe them as giants for sure .
As a post script, if anyone is seriously interested in the study of early Americans, " Bones" is a must read.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

The giants you've read about in the Bible, here's something I know
You have been reading the King James version
The original Hebrew version only mentions "giant" once in a reference to Goliath who is listed as 6'9".
All the other references were mistranslations of the Hebrew word for tall, the Rephaim, the Anakim etc, are all described as tall...

So really, your lack of any decent research is your undoing, not mine....

Book of Giants (Dead Sea Scrolls)

I. THE MANICHEAN VERSION

Šamizad (Šemihaza, cf. 1 Enoch 6:3; 9:7) begets two giant sons, Sa(h)m (=Ohyah) and Pat-Sam (=Nariman or Ahyah/Hahyah). The other demons and Yaksas beget the rest of the giants.

M9. The giants grow up and wreak ruin upon the earth and the human race. The lamentation of humanity reaches up to heaven.

II. THE ARAMAIC VERSION FROM QUMRAN

A3. Enoch (?) addresses God, praising him for his glory, knowledge, strength, and creative acts. (Placement very uncertain.)

A4. A number of giants, including Hobabis (=Humbaba), Mahaway, ADK?[, and perhaps the Watcher Baraq'el, have a conversation in which they discuss killing, perhaps of human beings.

Numbers 13:32-33King James Version (KJV)

32 And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature.

33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: (plural!)and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

I could easily find more references but it's time for weekend revels....

My point is that you don't know anything for sure.... no one does. Just because Johnny worships you doesn't mean the rest of us will...

Have a nice weekend!!

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: (plural!)and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Wow, your post seems especially clueless, how often would you use the numbers (as grasshoppers) of your enemy as a clue to their size ?

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10
Well almost no giants, she does specifically go over the Piute/Shoshone myth of giants, and the battle at lovelock cave between the piute and "the giants". This battle was actually between the Washoe, the original inhabitants of that part of nev., and the newcomer shoshoneans/piute. This happened less than a 1000 years ago.
The average Piute man is a little over 5' tall while the average Washoe man is nearly 6' tall, and Mrs. Dewar details a burial ground preservation project, on Washoe land, that uncovered a couple of sets of remains that were in the 6'-6" to 6'-7" range.
I'm the size of a large Piute , 5'-6"ish, and if I was having to fight someone over 6' tall, I'd describe them as giants for sure .
As a post script, if anyone is seriously interested in the study of early Americans, " Bones" is a must read.

Bones kind of amuses me as well, because I know some of Dewar's back story, and I definitely know the identity of one of her unidentified informants...a good pal of mine. It's the South American stuff that's really coming home to roost. Didn't I turn you on to that book?

But, yes...a race of tall people? Sure! Giants? Show me!

edit on 4-12-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join