It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient America’s Giants, Native Legends From Many Tribes

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: Harte

Well this is the point of the discussion is it not?

I mean, we have stories of unusually tall specimens being found, legends of such beings existing and yet we lack modern investigation of mound skeletons due to many factors.

Until the hobbit skull was found stories of tiny people were just considered myths/legends.

Refresh my memory. Is Flores in Ireland?

Harte

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
Yes, you did turn me on to that book , in a subliminal way. You mentioned it in a post, but I had totally forgotten about it. Then months later, when I was on vacation in Washington DC, I stumbled on the best used book store ever. It was in an old two story brownstone, and was packed to the gills with books.
There were even books stacked up on the stairs, so while I had to wait for the stairs , I turned around and " Bones " was staring at me from the shelf.

posted on Dec, 4 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
Yes, you did turn me on to that book , in a subliminal way. You mentioned it in a post, but I had totally forgotten about it. Then months later, when I was on vacation in Washington DC, I stumbled on the best used book store ever. It was in an old two story brownstone, and was packed to the gills with books.
There were even books stacked up on the stairs, so while I had to wait for the stairs , I turned around and " Bones " was staring at me from the shelf.

Kismet, pure and simple.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Interesting topic, to be certain! Don't have time to check the links out right now, so posting to locate this later, when I can. I do find it interesting that remains are acknowledged in some cases.

Interesting note; there are Amerind stories of "little people" as well. Both that and giants seems to be a universal thing.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Harte

Euro-centrism aside, Stories of little people or little upright walking beings isn't exclusive to the Emerald isle
edit on 6-12-2015 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Harte

Euro-centrism aside, Stories of little people or little upright walking beings isn't exclusive to the Emerald isle

So, Flores explains what, then?

Which stories of little people can be associated with the island?

Orang Pendek? If that's what you mean, why not say so?

Harte

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

We are discussing the possibility of beings/homo something or other/giants that may have existed outside of scientifically known species, The Hobbit was just such an example of one such find, until it was found there was no proof of such being ever existing. So, in this regards the possibility of Giants are possible, how probable? I dunno

I and quite a few will remain open to that possibility.

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

We are discussing the possibility of beings/homo something or other/giants that may have existed outside of scientifically known species, The Hobbit was just such an example of one such find, until it was found there was no proof of such being ever existing. So, in this regards the possibility of Giants are possible, how probable? I dunno

I and quite a few will remain open to that possibility.

Not really, island dwarfism is a well understood result of a lack of resources, which selects the smallest of a species for survival to have offspring which get smaller with each passing generation, having an excess of resources would not result in giants, so the two things are in no way similar. Most species have an upper size limit, controlled by the pituitary gland, cases of Gigantism in humans are always a result of the gland being damaged. Robert Pershing Wadlow for instance, the tallest man on record had hypertrophy in his pituitary gland

This is the largest biped that ever existed and only in southeast Asia.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 6-12-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: (plural!)and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Wow, your post seems especially clueless, how often would you use the numbers (as grasshoppers) of your enemy as a clue to their size ?

I'm pretty sure it means that normal sized people appeared (to be the same size) as grasshoppers (to the giants) as they do to normal people. It's the same as when we say that people look like ants from tall buildings. The passage has nothing to do with the number of the enemy. But beyond that, again you side step the fact that you were wrong (again!) about ancient Hebrew writings only mentioning Giants once. The Dead Sea scrolls devote an entire book to Giants.

So who is without a clue? it's your condescending attitude that makes people more aggressive with you. It's no wonder you were banned from ATS.
edit on 7-12-2015 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2015 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Well this is the point of the discussion is it not?

I mean, we have stories of unusually tall specimens being found, legends of such beings existing and yet we lack modern investigation of mound skeletons due to many factors.

Until the hobbit skull was found stories of tiny people were just considered myths/legends.

Harte

So smug....

IRELAND: ARCHAEOLOGISTS DISCOVER REMAINS OF NEW HUMANOID SPECIES

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

So smug....

...and reasonably so.
One simple google search brought this up.

Do people even fact check today, or wonder about the sources they use?

Almost all images attached to World News Daily Report articles are taken from the internet and reused in a fictional context.

The first picture associated with the article actually comes from a photo effects contest put on by worth1000.com. The theme of the contest was “Archeological Anomalies”, and the picture won first place. It was entitled “Tiny Tim” and was created by a user known as mzpresto.

Reporting to be Professor Edward James McInnes, the final photo attached to the article is actually an archaeologist from the United States named Brent Woodfill.

Also: Faking History on the Internet #2: Fairies Dug Up in Ireland!

Sadly, I can not find any scholarly article about this supposed discovery, perhaps because it's a steaming pile of turds?

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Not really, island dwarfism is a well understood result of a lack of resources, which selects the smallest of a species for survival to have offspring which get smaller with each passing generation, having an excess of resources would not result in giants, so the two things are in no way similar. Most species have an upper size limit, controlled by the pituitary gland, cases of Gigantism in humans are always a result of the gland being damaged. Robert Pershing Wadlow for instance, the tallest man on record had hypertrophy in his pituitary gland

This is the largest biped that ever existed and only in southeast Asia.
en.wikipedia.org...

Wrong again... Island isolation can result in small species becoming larger as well, known as insular gigantism, it is the result of decreased predation and excess resources.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Wrong again... Island isolation can result in small species becoming larger as well, known as insular gigantism, it is the result of decreased predation and excess resources.

Thanks for that, I never came across it before,

The Dead Sea scrolls devote an entire book to Giants.

Hardly conclusive, as the word giant didn't mean "large humanoid" until the 15th C. Before then it meant "men of renown, or powerful"
Read it yourself
www.gnosis.org...
There's nothing in there about anyone being massive. The word is derived from the Greek Gigantes, who are often mistakenly mixed up with the Titans,

In Greek mythology, the Giants or Gigantes (Greek: Γίγαντες, Gigantes, singular Gigas) were a race of great strength and aggression, though not necessarily of great size, known for the Gigantomachy
Archaic and Classical representations show Gigantes as man-sized hoplites (heavily-armed ancient Greek foot soldiers) fully human in form

en.wikipedia.org...(Greek_mythology)
This is a common mistake made by Christains, context... Are you a believer ?

edit on 7-12-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

So who is without a clue? it's your condescending attitude that makes people more aggressive with you. It's no wonder you were banned from ATS.

You are without a clue? , you have no idea what I was banned for so stop guessing. It had more to do with a moderator who believed in UFO's and him getting upset when he was constantly shown to be wrong than anything else.
You don't get banned for being right here, people get aggressive with me because they don't like looking foolish. Having a condescending attitude is not against the rules and that's a matter of your ill founded opinion anyway..

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure it means that normal sized people appeared (to be the same size) as grasshoppers (to the giants) as they do to normal people. It's the same as when we say that people look like ants from tall buildings. The passage has nothing to do with the number of the enemy.

Consider for a moment a large locust swarm which can cover three or four hundred square miles, and then consider where such things happen, and then you might reconsider the assertion that "grasshoppers" has nothing to do with the sheer number of your or your enemy's forces.

Harte

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure it means that normal sized people appeared (to be the same size) as grasshoppers (to the giants) as they do to normal people. It's the same as when we say that people look like ants from tall buildings. The passage has nothing to do with the number of the enemy.

Consider for a moment a large locust swarm which can cover three or four hundred square miles, and then consider where such things happen, and then you might reconsider the assertion that "grasshoppers" has nothing to do with the sheer number of your or your enemy's forces.

Harte

Are you sure, I've always taken that passage to mean, that the enemy tribes were a multitude and nothing to do with "sheer size"

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Harte

Are you sure, I've always taken that passage to mean, that the enemy tribes were a multitude and nothing to do with "sheer size"

At least I didn't type "shear size."

That would be the Samson story I guess.

Harte

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hy Slayer69 as allways, i enjoy your threads

MAN Giants in Europe/Mediterranean, Trolls (Norse/ Germanic )
, Hominid like Bigfoot, Yeti ( Asia, Russia, Americas ) are always a Great Study ..
also The little People , as refereed as Gnomes, Elves, Pixies, Brownies, Faires, Dwarfs,
leprechauns , They have been Talk about since man could fingerprint on a Stone Wall, around the World,

I too Believe in Giants , but in the Height Rage of 8 to a Possible 10 feet high,
Well as Robert Wadlow Tallest an On Recorded was 8 foot 11 inches
before his Death and was claimed to be Still growing ,
Wadlow Died Early , from the cause of a ill fitted Leg Brace causing a
raw Gangrene like infection, resulting the infection going into his bloodstream ,
he Did not Die from his Condition of growth ,
Wadlow did came from Normal Size parent and his Growth was
caused from a abnormal Pituitary Gland,
that Rapidly accelerated his growth..

What we are talking here, is People that do not have a genetic hereditary defect

Some people with the condition of Giant ism have the
Normal size Heart of a Someone that is 6 foot in a 8 foot Frame, from my Understanding.

Let Say if there were True MAN Giants Walking the Earth , like 10,000 to 20,000
years ago, One have to Consider the Atmosphere and Environment was way Different of the Times of Mega-fauna

There is Claims of My Area of Big Hairy Men , the So Called Big Foot, and the legends of the little people
like the Leprechauns LOL in Iroquois Mohawk Legends .. although a few have seen them , I Personally had discussion of those that did,

From the Visual Description on your first Post Slayer .

of the Mound Giants of Ohio to Peru! ? with the Elongated head .

The pic you posted ! your first Post , look at it again and picture it Covered
in fur like hair from dark reddishto Black ! and when you do..
you might as well call him Harry Henderson..

So to Me Its Quite Possible of Man, Normally growing up to 8 to 10 Feet.
to even walked with them..

When you look at other Animals..

Well not to log ago the Closest Primate Relative we have .
a Chimpanzee was Recognized to the Public of a 20ish
year old Chimp Named Kermit that was the Size of a Female Gorilla.
and Claimed to be a newly Discovered Species of Chimp, although
some Scientist speculate that
he may be a Hybrid, as he has been in captivity at a young age..

GIANT CHIMP NEW SPECIES HUMAN-SIZED, MYSTERIOUS PART 1 Bili

www.youtube.com...

GIANT CHIMP NEW SPECIES HUMAN-SIZED, MYSTERIOUS PART 2 Bili
www.youtube.com...

GIANT CHIMP NEW SPECIES HUMAN-SIZED, MYSTERIOUS PART 3 Bili
www.youtube.com...

Look a Giant ! well according to a Pygmy at least on a Modern Caucasian Human

look a Giant! According to some Early men.. ( Homo Erectus )
of the Hominid/APE Gigantopithecus blackii

Gigantic Apes Coexisted with Early Humans, Study Finds
by Bjorn Carey | November 07, 2005 08:34am ET
www.livescience.com...

Selective breading
Great Dane n Chihuahua

Genetic Defect

Non Genetic Defect
2 Primates!

I say about 9" foot tall

well last pic is defiantly real and the
2nd pic is the same as the one above

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Here ye go Slayer69

LOL..

Well they Could be a Cousin!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

WOW Enough of the Bone already ...

Bone Density Drop in Modern Humans Linked to Less Physical Activity
www.livescience.com...

Modern Human Bone Density Drop Tied to Lifestyle Shift
Dec 29, 2014 11:45 AM ET // by Charles Choi, LiveScience
news.discovery.com...

I would assume a higher Bone Density in some that large if it was remotely possible ..

but the photo is More Like Faked and the Bone Fabricated to make a what IF ?

for that bone to work it would have a high count of Density of Strength , let alone The Person would have to have a High increase quantity amount of Muscle Fiber's, say like Strong man Dennis Rodgers shown in Stan Lee's - Super humans. just my Ignorant guess ..

but one thing for sure is that a Neanderthal bone has a higher & thicker bone density and a modern Human pretty much similar to a Chimp ,

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join