It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI searching for armed anti-Muslim protester after Facebook threat to Muslim community in New York

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Granted, he used threatening words and body language, and brandishing a weapon to do so is even more dubious, but he never explicitly crossed the line of the law, given that he did not state he was going to target mosques or individuals with violence. Frankly I think he will be charged with threats, but if nothing comes of his rhetoric, and if the history of threats and free speech in law is any indication, it will end up being protected by the first amendment. That being said, he is obviously a bigot and hate-monger.

Is it because we are afflicted with short memories or is it just selective memory at play here?

Is anything he is doing new, more threatening, or more outrageous than what people in his group, which thinks like him, has ever done before?

Where were the all the people that are now all a twitter, where were the FBI, or even the local law enforcement, when these threats were being made against other groups of people? Where were they when men like him were driving around discharging their firearms from cars, and the back of pick-ups? Where were they, when these people were burning crosses and churches?

I am not condoning anything this man has said, done or claims he is going to do. I am just a little miffed that this is being treated like it is something more egregious and more intolerable, when it is glossed over or ignored if any other groups or religious groups are the victims.

I know that the world is not fair and their will always be those that others will see as special, chosen, or more deserving than others. It is this, ‘Stars Upon Thars’ way of thinking that has us in this mess.

Sometimes the best solutions are the simplest and the most natural.

Only for those that can think outside the box and that have an dry or obscure sense of humor.

Surest Natural Way To Kill Kudzu

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Pam Geller and ilk aside, I supported it too.

The idea of people getting attacked over drawing something is ridiculous.
Now, going out of your way and having a personal agenda in WHY you are doing the contest is where I get torn.
Because at that point I think you are getting away from the principle of that matter and just trying to be a prick to other people in hopes of angering them.
Could be argued that is what protest is about, I wouldn't agree or disagree.
Would say it is more about pointing out an injustice.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

He didn't make a threat. Even the quotes you provide state clearly that what he said "could have been perceived as threatening". In other words, what he said wasn't threatening, and they are spinning things to make it seem as though it "could have been" and treating his free speech as criminal.

He stated that he was going to the places they were because he wasn't afraid of them. He discussed taking photos. He also stated that, if they started something, he was willing and able to defend himself.

So, according to the FBI, free speech and a willingness to practice self defense, and not cowering before threats, makes one a threat? Anyone defending this take on his statement must not really want their freedom.

We don't have to like what he said, and we don't have to agree with him. We cannot, though, with any respect for freedom, claim he's wrong for being willing to defend himself, or show that he isn't afraid of those who actually did make real threats against him, and is willing to travel to where they are. Whether or not he breaks unconstitutional gun laws in the process is a separate issue.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Guess he's back in AZ...probably never left. I can't tell when the video was filmed. I guess it's on FB, which I don't use.

ETA: [Link]
edit on 11/29/2015 by ~Lucidity because: added link

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Good, hope he stays there. Surely he must know now that he's being watched by the authorities. I wonder if in the future he will do something stupid in the name of being a constitutionalist or something. I can see it happening. It's people like him that the FBI are so concerned about becoming domestic terrorists.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Right. He's not wrong for being willing to defend himself from trouble he goes about instigating. Nothing at all wrong with that. Go, America. Hate on.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The FBI views him as threat. Case closed.

Actually due process and the Constitution says otherwise.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

This guys plans to go to the Islamic community in upstate NY reminds me of this scene.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Selective memory, and also the disregard of constitutional law. The Supreme Court uses a test of true threat that this man's rhetoric does not meet. Therefor not uttering threats, nor breaking the law in that regard. All the Authorities can do is keep an eye on him, even though authoritarians here would prefer to see his rights violated so they can feel better.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Okay... The FBI and state authorities viewed him as a threat. Due process comes after an arrest but looks like he went home because he was very aware of this, since he was in contact with the FBI before getting upset and cutting off said contact.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This following Facebook reply is from June;

"Jesus H. #ing Christ you're an embarrassing piece of #, aren't you? How in hell did it take 10 years for my Corps to spot your #-bird ass and deny you re-enlistment? Even as a Weekend Warrior, for God's sake?

What, you didn't know about the Corps' policy on tats when you decided to get them? Really?

Don't just tell me your unit was called to serve...tell me exactly what unit you were assigned to in Iraq for all this glorious combat where you were attacked almost every day and lived out of an MRAP for 5 months. I want to talk with Marines who served with you. I want to talk to your CO.

You were a 3531 for Christ's sake, not an oh-three. Wait, wait, let me guess...you can't talk about your unit because your ops were black-hat...or you're sworn to secrecy...or your SRB has been redacted...or you have Top-Secret clearance.

For #'s sake stop telling folks you were a Marine. You're an embarrassment to my Corps."

LoL

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Yeah, imagine the outcry if some Muslim Americans made a video like that and said they were headed to LA armed to confront the people who work at Breitbart. You know. For a civil discussion. *Eyeroll
edit on 11/29/2015 by ~Lucidity because: did not mean to reply to a specific person

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I'd slap up a Full Retard pic, but this vaginal cleansing agent isn't really worth the effort. Suffice it to say stupid is stupid does. If he thinks he's coming out of this looking like some huge hero, he's got another thing coming (but the memes should be good, we can always count on good memes with people this dumb)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It seems that if the FBI is truly "searching" for him he has made it pretty easy for them to "find" him since he made a video in front of their office.

Stories like this make me wonder---this is another one based, from what I read on the New York Daily News site, (www.nydailynews.com...) the source for the story was yet another un-named source at the FBI. Does anyone actually believe that the FBI "lost" him after being in contact with him. Here he is posting on FB and other media but they can't "find" him for two weeks?

More fear-mongering?

Stuff like this story and the "baby parts" story takes me back to the days of the anti-war protests when certain government organizations planted people within the movement to provoke violence so they could paint us all as dangerous radicals who sought to overthrow the government. They even hired the Laurel Canyon group to go to the airport and throw baby bottles full of urine at returning Marines---so they could paint all anti-war protesters as part of some radical group like Weather Underground. Like when they funded the radicals in the Civil Rights movement and tried to portray all of us as wanting to overthrow the government and burn down cities.

Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it. If you can't bring yourself to believe that your government will do anything within its power to shut down opposition, you really do need to go read a few history books. They believe they ARE the law---just like LBJ and RMN. Selling guns to Mexican cartels ring any bells? Arms deal gone bad in Benghazi?

Un-named source should be your first clue that something is kinky.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Yeah, imagine the outcry if some Muslim Americans made a video like that and said they were headed to LA armed to confront the people who work at Breitbart. You know. For a civil discussion. *Eyeroll

American Muslims have made videos far worse then this, and have carried out their threats. We also have the threats that they plan to bring jihad to the streets of America, so we don't need to imagine.

While this guy is no saint, some of his concerns are echoed by quite a few people, because so many PC people are so quick to dismiss or make excuses for any of those threats, yet they want to jail and kill anyone that mentions that a great number of people that embrace the religion of Islam, wants to destroy those that do not embrace Islam.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Hate of any kind is wrong.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: hammanderr

Yes he is, we can't excuse extremism because of other 'worse' extremism.

Hate begets hate.

If you haven't figured out that this is a war yet, what can someone tell you to make you see?

Do you really believe that, if we allow unabated immigration of Muslims into the US, the country will not fundamentally change? Do you think Muslims will be happy to stand by and accept the status quo? Or do you think they will begin to push and advocate for greater inclusion of their culture?

Do you recognize that true belief in Islam is incompatible with western values?

The point is, perhaps the time is getting close that Americans/westerners need to embrace the hate. The Allies hated the Japanese and Germans, defeated them, and now they're all great friends. Maybe the Muslims need to be stomped into submission a bit, and then they can grow back into something acceptable to the world community.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

Since when are we at war with Muslim people??
Who ever told you that is wrong, oh so very wrong.
We are at 'war' with extremism, so sorry I don't agree with what you say since millions of people live in the west and have no issues.
Guess that little part doesn't go along with what you are saying huh.
edit on thSun, 29 Nov 2015 22:19:11 -0600America/Chicago1120151180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

But...but...it's only extremism when it's someone you don't agree with!

posted on Nov, 30 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
So the FBI can't find one outspoken guy who never leaves the area he resides in and visits their 'shop area'. I believe it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join