It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Shooting Suspect Made Comment About 'No More Baby Parts'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

In one statement, made after the suspect was taken in for questioning, Dear said "no more baby parts" in reference to Planned Parenthood, according to two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the case.

But the sources stressed that Dear said many things to law enforcement and the extent to which the "baby parts" remark played into any decision to target the Planned Parenthood office was not yet clear. He also mentioned President Barack Obama in statements.

I just want to state that I am still not rushing to judgement, but as more comes out about this, I think we might need to have a more serious discussion on how being over saturated with information can have an effect on someone's mental health and even push them to horrific acts.

He was probably saying a lot of things. But I guess that now that we know who and that who is talking, it might not be to early to get into the whys of this.

[Source]

ETA: Interview with his ex-wife. Imperfect but good man.
edit on 11/28/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Link?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What discussion would be made about over saturation? Holding information from the public because they may not like to hear what's going on? I don't get it
edit on 28-11-2015 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Re-added...it was there and then it went away...the formatting was wonky and I tried to fix it and it must have wiped out.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
What discussion would be made about over saturation? Holding information from the public because they may not like to here what's going on? I don't get it

The videos.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Why would that matter? That'd be like outlawing rap videos because thugs slaughter each other in the inner city.

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Making up information to deceive the public - and then saturating them with it, is not the same as being transparent and forthcoming with the truth.

+25 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hey check that ish out, he basically went & did exactly what anti-abortionists screech about -- killing something without it's permission.

Dude, your argument is now moot.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
No one wants to say it...

Even the liberals have hesitated to say it...

But we all knew/know it.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Who does that latter anymore? Our current admin sure doesn't

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

People warned about it, even predicted it, but I sincerely doubt that anyone truly wanted it to happen.

If the cops or lawyers don't walk this back, it's pretty damning though, especially to the people who made those videos. It's on their consciences and their karma.

Heck a legal team could even make a defense out of it.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

but I sincerely doubt that anyone truly wanted it to happen.

This guy wanted it.

Plenty of wingnuts cheered it on social media...
Tried to justify it.

Probably still are as we speak.

Even here, there is a silent minority who I bet were over the moon when they heard "shooter at planned parenthood"...

The funniest thing is I've seen the argument reversed onto the left with rightys saying "this is what you wanted isn't it, so you could rub it in"...

People need to get over themselves if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Is there any hard evidence of Robert Dear's political affiliation?

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I'd guess his smoking gun is the smoking gun.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Is there any hard evidence of Robert Dear's political affiliation?

He was unaffiliated but very anti-Obama. In fact a neighbor said he gave him anti-Obama literature (pamphlet) and told him he was ruining the country. I don't remember where I read it but it was on one of the big three news sites (CNN, FOX, MSNBC).

So, I'd say he was anti-liberal but probably like a lot of ATS members who claim they aren't Republican or conservative.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Anti abortion
Anti Obama
Told neighbours to be weary of government spies
Lived off the grid
Gun advocate/nut in this case

Had to be one of those progressive liberals.

Edit: then again, 4/5 of those criteria I fit too

edit on 28-11-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

People warned about it, even predicted it, but I sincerely doubt that anyone truly wanted it to happen.

If the cops or lawyers don't walk this back, it's pretty damning though, especially to the people who made those videos. It's on their consciences and their karma.

Heck a legal team could even make a defense out of it.

They aren't walking it back, but they did also say that he's said "a lot of things" to them (the authorities) and they haven't pinpointed anything yet because his statements are all over the map.

Which, if the witness from inside PP is to be believed, I would expect them to be if he was in fact talking to himself the whole time he was shooting.

(post by Bone75 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Plenty of wingnuts cheered it on social media...
Tried to justify it.

Probably still are as we speak.

[snip]

Do you have any examples you can provide?

The funniest thing is I've seen the argument reversed onto the left with rightys saying "this is what you wanted isn't it, so you could rub it in"...

To be honest, I thought some of you would be happy that he shot 6 cops.

I don't have examples because I don't use Twitter, but I saw several examples of people applauding his actions when I was on google and saw their little Twitter recap bar as the incident was unfolding.

It's weird though. To be honest, I keep hoping that one day ats will have a thread where people manage to keep their political hyperbole to a minimum. It keeps not happening though. I'm sure there are some people to the far right of center who are happy to see cops get killed.

Just as there are probably some on the far left.

And people who are centrist.

And people who are apolitical.
edit on 28/11/15 by masqua because: Removed political sniping

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
To be honest, I thought some of you would be happy that he shot 6 cops.

Nah, I doubt the majority of those types had that cross their mind. The cops were just doing their job while everyone on here eavesdropped. Kinda hard to hate on people when you're listening to them exercise extreme restraint & methodical planning like that.

Though currently, I'm expecting excuses galore about how he's not a true conservative and not truly pro-life. Which I admit he's not (logical deduction there) buy hey, if stuff's done in your cause's name, it makes it in your name regardless, right? Yeah, it's going to be rubbed in something fierce. Broad brush & crow & alla that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join