It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Shooting Suspect Made Comment About 'No More Baby Parts'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

People WANT a specific narrative to be what happened so bad they don't need to wait for the facts to come out. I posted this in the other thread, but pretty much everyone is being radicalised by politics right now.

Its like no one remembers the TV reporter shooting which was inspired by perceived racial prejudice and was plastered all over the internet as evidence of the war on women and such.

No one is waiting for anything concrete and it isn't going to end well.

-FBB

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Maybe you should read my whole post.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
There is something very strange about this whole case. Something was up and we are not told everything yet.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

which tv reporter was that? the one in I believe it was smith mountain lake, va? the guy was an unhappy ex-employee of the station. I would venture to guess that it was more he had an ax to grind with a few of his ex-co-workers than anything else...

and well, as far as the planned parenthood shooting that is being discussed, the only conclusion I can come up with at this point really is that the guy was probably mentally ill, but to me anyone, including islamic terrorists, have to be a tad bit mentally ill to open fire on a bunch of strangers like this. If there is some political or religious agenda involve just seems to reinforce the idea that they are mentally ill all the more, since if one is shooting at complete strangers, well, you have no idea weather or not they might share your views of the world.

I am holding any judgement as to the motives that were driving this guy, but got to tell ya, if I was involved with those videos and CMP, I would probably be a tad bit concerned at this point. The NAF made a good case as to why those videos should not be made public and their member's privacy should be protected for their safety. And well, either CMP allowed them to be loaded onto the net, or a staff member of congress did. There's a possibility that they went against a court order, and well.... this very well may be the result of numerous laws being broken to process these videos. And, the judge in this case, by what I read, seems to be a tad irritated with CMP as it is.

Time will tell....

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Its a very good thing that people are waiting for the facts before they start foaming at the mouth each other, too bad its not the norm for most subjects these days

(post by TinfoilTP removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Did he just say "no more baby parts" or did he specifically mention sales? If he did not specifically mention sales then why are you blaming videos?

The fact that planned parenthoods distributes baby parts is indisputable. They freely acknowledge doing so. The only quesion that remains is whether or not they profit from it.

edit on 29-11-2015 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The guy he shot inside the clinic was likely the guy he followed into the clinic.
I saw an interview last night with a fellow named Ozy who barely missed being a victim. He said the shooter went into the clinic after the man he was chasing entered the clinic.
A woman whose name I don't recall said she saw him shooting "randomly" at a passing car.

Safe rooms are wonderful---as proven in this case. But do you realize how much time it takes to get up to thirty people into safe rooms? And how little time it takes to shoot those people as they are scurrying away?

Debunked or whatever, the initial reports of explosive devices and propane tanks were proven to be false so some un-named source gave false information at least once already.

Did he accidentally use up all his bullets "randomly" shooting at passing cars before entering the clinic to do his real mission?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: IAMTAT

The videos were lies, proven lies. This is what I was talking about in my first reply.

I do not see anywhere that he mentioned videos or even sales of baby parts.

Planned Parenthood absolutely distributes baby parts. They freely acknowledge doing so.

Are you proposing that planned parenthod should deny that they distribute body parts and it should be kept top secret, punishable by law if any reporter or blogger dares to repeats this already public fact?

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Dude, they were called the baby parts videos. Can you not remember 5 months back? [Clickie]

Also, update, only two states...two...ever even participated in the donation program.

Washington now joins the list of many other states where investigations have fallen flat. However, these findings in Washington are particularly meaningful for one major reason: Washington is one of the only two states where the organization currently offers abortion patients the option to donate fetal tissue for medical and scientific research. [Source]

Additionally, in those states they only ever accepted cost reimbursement on one, California, but they no longer even do that or accept any money.

The new policy came about after a conversation with all of Planned Parenthood’s affiliates. Today, only two of its affiliates participate in fetal tissue donation, but only its California affiliate is reimbursed for costs. The organization decided to follow the policy of its Washington state affiliate, which doesn't accept reimbursement for donation costs. [Source]

Suspected Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shooter Robert Lewis Dear mentioned "baby parts" to investigators and in later interviews expressed anti-abortion and anti-government views, a law enforcement official briefed on the investigation told CNN.

Law enforcement officials caution it's too early to determine a motive in the case until all evidence is gathered and examined. That process is still ongoing. Though the state is taking the lead, the FBI is conducting its own investigation to determine whether federal charges would be filed.

The official told CNN that propane tanks were found in the area of Dear's car in the parking lot, and that authorities believe he was trying to shoot them to cause an explosion. [Source]

Bolding mine. Might go to explaining why he was shooting outside.

a reply to: diggindirt

We'll see.

The shooting did not start at the bank, as has been confirmed by investigators. The police have confirmed that the entire shooting took place at PP.

And once again, the big [but in the story is that the shooter's motives remain murky, even though among his ramblings he discussed "no more baby parts" and a hatred of the president.

The shooting having started at the bank , which was reported early on as a possibility, has been grasped onto by some, but does not appear to be the case.

Erick Erickson, the editor-in-chief of RedState.com, even deleted his tweet about the shooting, having first written, "Left upset the only people dying at Planned Parenthood today are babies. They were hoping for Christian shooters to narrative shift Paris.”

Later, he said “I deleted that tweet. Prayers for the police and victims offered instead.”

It's just weak sauce and old news to be grasping on to the bank angle at this point. If you're going to discuss, please use current information.

And finally, again not to anyone in specific....

If you want to see a small collection of some really disgusting tripe, click [Here]. I worry for this country. I really do.
edit on 11/29/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: ~Lucidity
Is there any hard evidence of Robert Dear's political affiliation?

He was unaffiliated but very anti-Obama. In fact a neighbor said he gave him anti-Obama literature (pamphlet) and told him he was ruining the country. I don't remember where I read it but it was on one of the big three news sites (CNN, FOX, MSNBC).

So, I'd say he was anti-liberal but probably like a lot of ATS members who claim they aren't Republican or conservative.

Oh my isnt this guy made to order for the paranoid self right liberal punch bowl! Or what1

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Yes and this morning Yahoo News is asking the burning question.....OMG....why haven't the republican candidates weighed in on this????......wink and hint ect. Apparently the dems or some of them have already roundly condemned "planned parenthood shootings" ect while other privately cheer? LOL

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

All people who are against abortion wanted this guy to succeed = All Muslims are terrorists.

:/

I'm against abortion.

Nowhere did I generalise anyone.

Nice try.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: ~Lucidity

This guy wanted it.

Plenty of wingnuts cheered it on social media...
Tried to justify it.

Probably still are as we speak.

This is true. And what hasn't been discussed much is the wingnuts' culpability in all this. The protesters and the pastor on the street with them all say that this guy wasn't "part of their group", but ...

They ARE ALL part of a movement that supports government's powers that would deny a woman's right to her own body. EVERY person who votes "against abortion", protests abortion, or becomes a "social justice warrior" against abortion (or "for the baby"), is culpable. Everyone who justifies denying a woman the right to her body is supporting the government's "right" to violate the person's individual right to privacy and security, as guaranteed by the fourth amendment.

Every ATS member who argues that women shouldn't have the right to make decisions about their own body adds justification to this man's actions. If the anti-abortion social justice warriors would take the position that even though they PERSONALLY disagree with abortion, they support the bill of rights and the person's individual rights to do something with which they disagree, then people like this wouldn't have the social backing that they do.

I know the right hates it when I use phrases like "social justice warriors" and "politically incorrect" when speaking of the right, but it's time they realize that they are guilty of EXACTLY the same behavior they hate about the left.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
No one wants to say it...

Even the liberals have hesitated to say it...

But we all knew/know it.

It was only a matter of time, was it not? If this continues to play-out in the direction it is going, we are going to have to have a serious discussion about propaganda, who's spreading it and the negative effects it can have on people.

But I fear that discussion would be fruitless because for it to be productive people on the Right will have to admit to some uncomfortable truths. They are being bombarded with propaganda and this may very well be a product of that.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Doesn't it stand to reason that if the clinic was his target he would have shot the people in the clinic rather than shooting randomly in the parking lot of the bank?

By all indications, this man doesn't have all his mental faculties. Reason doesn't enter into it. It never ceases to amaze me that people try to logic out a crazy person's actions.

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I've seen multiple posts by multiple members attacking anyone who is anti abortion as being FOR this guy and what he did.

There's a HUGE difference between being personally anti-abortion - and supporting the legal banning of abortion for everyone else (being anti-choice). If you are the latter, you may not realize the fact that, even though you disagree with what Dear did, you support his "cause". That's not an attack. It's my opinion.

I am anti-abortion (I would not have one), and pro-choice (it's up to each person to decide for themselves). I support individual freedom. Anyone who would deny a woman the right to her own body and medical decisions, does not support individual freedom.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Without getting into the abortion debate, there are those of us that would consider the "individual freedom" of the baby also.

But since I'm against abortion, you folks are welcome to associate me with a killer.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Yes and this morning Yahoo News is asking the burning question.....OMG....why haven't the republican candidates weighed in on this????......wink and hint ect. Apparently the dems or some of them have already roundly condemned "planned parenthood shootings" ect while other privately cheer? LOL

There is no wink and hint about it. The Republican candidates are worried about alienating the very active far right evangelical voters by condemning the attack. Even alienating a small portion of them may cost the candidate the nomination.

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kaploink

I agree with your sentiment that some GOP candidates are afraid of offending their base, but a couple have made comments about it.

Cruz Condemns PP Shooting

Carson Calls PP Shooting a "Hate Crime"

Any politician is going to use this for their own agenda, IMO.
edit on 11/29/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
You know what's interesting?

Some of the same people who hoot and holler all day long about "facts" and "proof" and "evidence" (empiricism) are now the same people who are convicting the anti-abortion crowd along with the alleged shooter...

...based on no evidence whatsoever. One little comment that a cop says the shooter said is not evidence. In any other thread, chances are these same people would be berating the cops as racists, liars and murderers. But now they're telling the truth, huh?

Because now it fits the narrative you want to tell. The hypocrisy is simply stunning. I can't believe anyone takes this bulls# seriously.

How about we wait until the facts are out, hm? How about we wait until we have some concrete evidence? For anything else you'd be screaming at the top of your lungs demanding it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join