It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Shooting Suspect Made Comment About 'No More Baby Parts'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
(post by Bone75 removed for political trolling and baiting)
(post by HighFive removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I did a search, and there are numerous links to coloradovoterinfo, but the page is 404. The blurbs with the links all say that he was registered to vote as a woman, and the party affiliation is listed as 'UAF'. Some say that this stands for 'Unaffiliated Female', while others seem to think it stands for a political group, 'Unite Against Fascism'.
I have no idea what to believe.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
And the story quoted here is simply hearsay by an unauthorized spokesperson who went on to say that he "ranted" about a lot of topics.
Could it be that those "un-named," unauthorized sources might have their own agenda? Stirring the pot?!!

Do you really base your opinions on what a neighbor who met the guy for five minutes has to say? Seriously? Don't you realize that any attention-seeker that ever laid eyes on this guy is going to jump in front of a camera?

Doesn't it stand to reason that if the clinic was his target he would have shot the people in the clinic rather than shooting randomly in the parking lot of the bank? Where is the logic in shooting up people in a parking lot or driving by if his target was the abortion clinic? I saw an interview last evening of man in the parking lot who was shot at while in his car. He reported that the shooter followed one of his victims, who was crawling across the lot, into the clinic.

Who were the other two victims? Who was the man who crawled into the clinic?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Plenty of wingnuts cheered it on social media...
Tried to justify it.

Probably still are as we speak.

[snip]

This.

Is very sad.

The level of distrust and the lengths people will go through to avoid even entertaining the possibility that "one of their own" (if thats even a thing snd whatever that means) may have gone too far.

Makes discussion pretty hard if not outright inpossible.

edit on 28/11/15 by masqua because: Removed political sniping

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt
Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the case. That's not hearsay.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

All people who are against abortion wanted this guy to succeed = All Muslims are terrorists.

:/

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

It's weird though. To be honest, I keep hoping that one day ats will have a thread where people manage to keep their political hyperbole to a minimum.

Good to know I'm not the only crazy person on this site. Hope on.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
What discussion would be made about over saturation? Holding information from the public because they may not like to hear what's going on? I don't get it

Media constantly pushing certain information in order to further specific agendas, rather than reporting facts and moving on to allow readers to make an informed opinion.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The Washington Post is also reporting this...That a "source" claims he said "no more baby parts..."

Link

I think he is just a crazy bastard that is using this as an excuse to kill people...The cop he shot and killed wasn't getting an abortion or an abortion provider, so the assailant's stance/reasoning is just stupid and nuts, IMHO.

BTW, I do not condone violence towards anyone, whether they were at PP working, seeking medical care, etc. That is THEIR CHOICE according to the laws of the USA.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It wouldn't surprise me if this kind of behavior and conditioning by the media and the rapid onslaught of information constantly coming at people in general isn't causing or at the very least rapidly exacerbating mental illness in the world. Add to that the rapid ability to tribalize with those of like minds, and you have a recipe for disaster. I'm sure that in a few decades it'll be a legit disease with a drug all its own.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I would not say it's causing mental illness, but it's certainly (imo) triggering those with mental illness to be violent, when they otherwise might not be.

The media has a clear agenda to cause division and anger in order to (at the least) gain ratings.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

All people who are against abortion wanted this guy to succeed = All Muslims are terrorists.

:/

I'M against abortion...and I'M glad this lunatic was stopped.
Since when does everyone who feels abortion is wrong...support murder and terrorism?
I do not support murder in any form;MOST people don't.

Shame on whomever made that original statement; their overzealous bias, insecurity and defensiveness is glaring.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It seems pretty clear to me that this guy is both extremely anti-abortion and extremely suffering from a mental disorder. The latter part was obvious from the first shot, you have to be either very sick and in need of intense mental health care and medication or you have to be brainwashed, or some combination of both... brainwashing is much easier to use on the mentally ill/traumatized.

Specifically for this situation: The rhetoric of some anti-abortion sites, some right-wing media and even some of far-right wing politicians out there echoing these lies about these issues is toxic for some people to be exposed to. Don't misunderstand me...

There's nothing wrong with being morally against abortion, nothing wrong with being right wing or Conservative but there's something undeniably wrong and dangerous with employing/spreading lies and propaganda... it fuels extremism and is a deadly recipe for someone who isn't capable of being rational.

Opinions should be based on facts especially within public discourse. More than too often they are not. It appears that this may very well be yet another case where lies and propaganda became part of someone's psychosis with deadly consequences.
edit on 11/28/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yep. And brainwashing is also easier on the socially alienated and disenfranchised.

It's rough enough for the saner among us to handle the constant bombardment without screaming most days, but for someone troubled and maybe even looking for a shoulder or just someone to talk to it's gotta be even worse as they would tend to cling to anyone who was there for them, in whatever capacity.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Yeah...

Too often intentionally disenfranchised by their own.

"Everyone's lying to you, everyone's out to get you."

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
What discussion would be made about over saturation? Holding information from the public because they may not like to hear what's going on? I don't get it

We were over-sarurated withmisinformation. That could drive someone who is already unstable over the edge.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I've seen multiple posts by multiple members attacking anyone who is anti abortion as being FOR this guy and what he did.

Pretty childish and weak if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Where do you see that?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Bone75

I did a search, and there are numerous links to coloradovoterinfo, but the page is 404. The blurbs with the links all say that he was registered to vote as a woman, and the party affiliation is listed as 'UAF'. Some say that this stands for 'Unaffiliated Female', while others seem to think it stands for a political group, 'Unite Against Fascism'.
I have no idea what to believe.

He probably accidentally check the female box instead of male. UAF is the abbreviation for Unaffiliated which many states use rather than Independent.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join