It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama urges gun control after Colorado Springs shooting: 'Enough is enough'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+63 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I called this during the shooting - that this muppet would come out on national propaganda platforms with his predictable diatribe that "gimme ya guns" - using the mental case that went berserk at the Planned Parenthood clinic, killing 3, wounding a number of others as his reason - just like he has done with other shooting where it was likewise convenient to do so.

Now, this is government erosion of the Constitution 101. Gun control has nothing to do with guns and everything to do with control.

After he was named, Barack Obama said on Saturday the US had “to do something about the easy accessibility of weapons of war on our streets to people who have no business wielding them”.

“Period,” the president added, in a statement released by the White House. “Enough is enough.”

The Guardian

You see, Mr President, you can take away all the guns under the sun, but you will still be left with a mental health issue and culture that exists which leads to these sorts of events.

Yes, your comment suggests you are aware of this, but you will want to modify the constitution to suit the agenda of disarming law abiding US citizens and this, Mr President, is your (puppet masters) real Modus Operandi.

300 million citizens, approx 3 times that many guns and you have a shooter with mental issues and all of a sudden "gimme ya guns" rears it's ugly head again.

You (and your predecessors) are hypocrites - a few mental cases go on a killing spree and all of a sudden you want everyone's guns - imo, that's the same flavor as saying all terrorists are Muslims therefore ban Islam - but we don't collectively punish in 2015 do we.....Mr President?

Culture, mental health - how about "Obama urges full and aggressive mental health and cultural shake-up after Colorado shooting" #crickets#

Enough is enough indeed.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Sounds like another one of Obama's famous 'Red Lines'

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Co is a carry state, I bet there was a no guns aloud sign by the door to the building, more dead in a gun free zone.. gun control kills..

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
And so, if doing something about "easy accessibility" involved mental health screenings, you'd be okay with that?

What the answer is is unclear. What is clear is that we have a problem.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think he's right considering the city that he's from has almost no shootings per year....

+29 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Yes we have a problem, however 50 years ago when you could order a Tommy Gun through the mail these things did not happen, the guns did not change so what did ?

+27 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Because Gun Control works so well in France.

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It's the same old diatribe and no wonder so many people are quick to assume the events are manufactured. You know, never let a good tragedy go to waste. The real discussion should be SSRI's and let me guess, he was on them.

The best way congress or Obama can help America is to stop making laws, stop creating legislation and repeal just about every one ever written.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: wildb

Access. To news, to guns, to hate talk. I blame the internet.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

He's not saying he wants to 'disarm law abiding citizens', he's saying there is a problem with the accessibility of guns in America. He's right. I will never understand the U.S.' need for guns, it seems insane that everyone would want one.

He's acknowledging that there is a massive problem with shootings in the US - and there is. He has to at least pay attention to it, he can't just pretend it isn't happening.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Didn't CO recently pass some strict gun measures which succinctly prompted two recalls? How well did that work out for them with two mass shootings within the past month?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Access. To news, to guns, to hate talk. I blame the internet.

I think you would be better off blaming the media..
edit on 28-11-2015 by wildb because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

I will never understand the U.S.' need for guns, it seems insane that everyone would want one.

Probably because you trust your government more than we do.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Colorado is a gun control state.

Didn't work.

Glad I don't have to call this idiot my Commander in Chief anymore.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

He's acknowledging that there is a massive problem with shootings in the US - and there is. He has to at least pay attention to it, he can't just pretend it isn't happening.

Its a problem, but for gun violence the US is not even in the top ten, were 37th I think..

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Colorado is a gun control state.

What do you mean, there a shall issue state..

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Did anyone honestly think he wouldn't call for more gun control after this incident?

Of course he would and did.

It's like a script.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
A proof of concept using Chicago might help his cause. I give that basically a zero percent success chance.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

True. They''re a very large catalyst and huge presence on the web. The internet is a delivery vehicle for all of it.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

He's not saying he wants to 'disarm law abiding citizens', he's saying there is a problem with the accessibility of guns in America

He's not saying that but he would do it if he could. As far as getting guns yes you can, no law will ever stop that.

Gun Control Kills
edit on 28-11-2015 by wildb because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join