It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey shot down Russian Jet: reportedly by two F16's

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: angryhulk
Turkey isn't doing itself any favours here.

Russia is not. They violated airspace and then refused to respond to warnings.

The Russian jet came down in a Syrian Province. It's common for a nation to claim another nation is violating its airspace .Especially this close.

It's not common to shoot down aircraft which are clearly leaving, had known operations on the other side of the border, and clearly didn't intend to violate nor continue in a violating path.

USSR used to do crap like that.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Do not know if anyone post it but here is the latest follow up.

The flagship of the Black Sea Fleet in pyrafloforo cruiser "Moskva" resends Russia urgently in the Eastern Mediterranean in order to cover the west of the Russian Air Force base in Latakia by companies are to follow in the near future.

And given the already very strong a / defense on that basis (as in the base of Tartus south) means that we are entering the most "hot" season of Russian involvement in the Türkmen follicle becomes the first target of the Russian armed forces in region.

At the same time as announced by the Russian General Staff now all shipments of Russian aircraft will conduct bombing missions in Syria will be accompanied by Russian fighter Su-30SM are stationed in Latakia.

The announcement of the convoy of Russian bombers are practical warning to Turkey that if you try something similar as the current event then the Russian Su-30 will respond directly.

Russian tanks armored against anti-tank missiles and ground forces began to enter northern Syria via a military airfield in Aleppo, Lebanese newspaper "As-Safir" affiliated with Hezbollah reported . The newspaper estimated that the airport will be the third in which Russian Air Force aircraft will be deployed.

Moving indirect units has meant the crushing Turkmen enclave located in the area and objectives of which were bombing today two su-24.

Meanwhile war climate between Russia and Turkey deteriorate after the announcement in Moscow that cut off all forms of military cooperation with Turkey.
Russian Tagma motorized infantry with support of Russian guns of 156 mm, tanks T-90 Russian fighter near support Su-25M and Russian attack helicopters MIL-Mi 24, defeated a Brigade Turkmen Al Nousra the hill Sahl al-Gab, between Lattakia and Idlib, as revealed in a video that brings for the first time in publicity pronews.gr: It was the first time that the company was not purely Russian government Syrian troops participated.

According to the agency Interfax, the Russian Ministry of Defence announced that it was suspending military communications with Turkey. Which means that there will be no longer any communication to avoid incidents, notably aviation between the two countries.

Sources

Source in Greek

Greek Source google translated

ynetnews

Regards

Seed

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: Ploutonas

Russia could take it out on the small Turkomen minority in Syria. It's an obvious target + Assad will want them sorted anyway as they are working for outside influences and certainly wouldn't pass the cricket test.

Unquestionably. Some artillery shells may make an inadvertent "border violation" too.

Maybe arm the Kurdish minority within Turkey too?

That would strengthen Ergodan's popularity domestically.

I'm thinking: supporting a Turkish military coup against Ergodan. Threatening to arm the PKK (which would alarm the Turkish generals) would be the motivator.

Or something more serious like taking out Istanbul with tacticals?

No. There's no good answer for "so, what do we do after that?"

Russian ships need to transit through Istanbul to get to Syria.

edit on 24-11-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn

originally posted by: 23432

" Don't get obstinate with your own arse , you will end up pooing in your pants ."

I'd take this chinese proverb yourself, if I were you ... the Turks, the Chinese are looking forward to ending their existence after Xin Jiang ... it's not your territory, never was ... they have no "future" to look for there.

I see , so you like the Communist Party of China .

Chinese have been dreaming of the ending Turks existence for a long long long time .

East Turkestan will be freed from Communist Genocidal maniacs .

" When Metehan faced the Chinese army , Turkish army looked weak and small. Metehan's General asked him what his thoughts were .
He replied - Where am I going to bury this many Chinese ."

link   
Even if the russians violated airspace for like half an hour by 50 ft, how do you justify making an aggressive move and killing the pilots, the rescue team and then sending troops to kill more Russians?

I've seen the turkish vids of the attacks, its just a bunch of Muslims shouting allah akbar and killing everything that isn't islam. absolutely no compassion or thought of what's coming.
edit on 24-11-2015 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Chinese have been dreaming of the ending Turks existence for a long long long time .

Hell, I'd support their "throwing" Turks out of Xing Jiang ... Turks are neither Mongolian, nor Scandinavian. Their tendency to slaughter people with their knives, should be made to bring about the proper response ... "turned into glass".

link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

What are the consequences of Turkey shooting down a Russian plane?www.independent.co.uk... d-the-a6747196.html

www.independent.co.uk... a6747196.html

The Independent
Turkey’s downing of a fighter jet on Tuesday is thought to be the first time a Nato member has shot down a Russian aircraft since the Cold War, risking a dangerous increase in international tensions. Vladimir Putin was quick to warn of “serious consequences” for relations between the two countries and Russians were advised not to go on holiday to Turkey as their foreign minister swiftly cancelled his planned visit to Ankara.
edit on 24-11-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

link   
I think I read somewhere along the line in the past week or two that the Israelis have been playing cat and mouse with the Russians flying into Syria and back.

This whole thing could spiral out of control at any moment. We have too many countries fighting in the same area. As soon as the Russians entered the fray all bets are off. Now a NATO member shot down a Russian plane and the pilots killed. This sounds like a nightmare scenario from a 1980's nuke movie. I wish cooler heads will prevail but Putin is as predicable as roulette wheel. I doubt he's just going to say "meh no big deal sorry we crossed your boarder Turkey".

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

3 - 1+ billion sunni muslims under the leadership of Turks .

It would be refreshing to watch somebody else stick their manhood into the Cuisinart. But seriously it's time to grow up.

Learn from history and find out why Kemal Ataturk was a great man, and what the problem he had to fix was about (incompetent Islamist Ottoman imperialism and deluded grandeur).

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The Russians entering Syria has raised the hair on the back of my neck since they got there. I don't like the idea of my county the USA being in a warzone with someone that has 8000 nuclear missiles pointed at us. Seriously as soon as Russia got there the US should have backed off and said "have fun we'll just sit back and watch".

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113
Even if the russians violated airspace for like half an hour by 50 ft, how do you justify making an aggressive move and killing the pilots, the rescue team and then sending troops to kill more Russians?

I've seen the turkish vids of the attacks, its just a bunch of Muslims shouting allah akbar and killing everything that isn't islam. absolutely no compassion or thought of what's coming.

And they're the moderates apparently.

I think Islam is rapidly digging a big hole for itself where the only option is going to be to for everyone else to destroy it - because that seems to be the plan they have for all of us.

It's like that joke - whats the difference between a radical muslim and a moderate muslim?

The radical muslim wants to cut off your head, but the moderate muslim doesn't want to cut off your head...

...he wants the radical muslim to cut off your head.
edit on -06:0020152America/ChicagoTue, 24 Nov 2015 17:38:27 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago1138 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

East Turkestan will be freed from Communist Genocidal maniacs .

" When Metehan faced the Chinese army , Turkish army looked weak and small. Metehan's General asked him what his thoughts were .
He replied - Where am I going to bury this many Chinese ."

There is no Turkish army there any more.

There is a Chinese army there.

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Seriously as soon as Russia got there the US should have backed off and said "have fun we'll just sit back and watch".

That's my notion as well.

edit on 24/11/2015 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

The Russians talking at 3.15 about the rescue helicopter being destroyed by mortar fire . Now there seems to be a video circulating and it clearly being shot by a TOW Missile system..

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

3 - 1+ billion sunni muslims under the leadership of Turks .

It would be refreshing to watch somebody else stick their manhood into the Cuisinart. But seriously it's time to grow up.

A united muslim world is better then a disunited one . Turks are the traditional leaders of muslims . There exists a 1.7 billion muslims and somehow they will have to unite .
Turks are upto the task .
Btw , between the crusaders of 1200 to year 1920's there was mostly peace in the area.

Learn from history and find out why Kemal Ataturk was a great man, and what the problem he had to fix was about (incompetent Islamist Ottoman imperialism and deluded grandeur).

If Ottoman's were imperials but not colonials in the sense of europeans were . That's how Balkans remained Christian while keeping their own languages .
Compare that the British , Spanish , French and Russian imperialism .
Besides why are you asking me to choose between Ataturk & Mehmet the Conquerer of Constantinapolis.
If Ataturk was alive today , he would be the first to go help Turkmens of Syria .
Deluded grandeurs mostly belong to Vatikan & Bejing . Turks have no delusions about who they are , what they want and how to get it .

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join