It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam Call To Prayer In America

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

What's the Middle East got to do with this thread about the U.S?

Sweet F.A.

Save the red herrings for someone gullible enough to fall into an off topic debate.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Off-topic? Maybe.
Factually incorrect? Not so much...unless you know something I don't Charlie?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

About as much as a Christian theocracy.

Save the red herrings for someone gullible enough to fall into an off topic debate.

I was responding to your red herring.
edit on 23-11-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Hypnosis for those who speak Arabic?

Maybe.

Chance of those who already understand Arabic being Muslim?

Nearly 100%

I imagine those who have learned Arabic, even if not Muslim, would not have a problem with the call to prayer. I guess if there are some Christians or Jews whose native language is Arabic, they may find it annoying - then again, probably not.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: flyandi

Would that regular Democratic communist political correctness or Republican political correctness?

If this was a case of some government agency promoting religion you might have a point. It's not.

republican nazi
edit on 23-11-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Governments established as theocracies in the World Today:Source

Iran
Vatican City

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uganda Anti-Homosexuality Act, 2014

According to the 2002 census, 85.2 percent of the population was Christian while 12.1 percent of the population adhered to Islam (mainly Sunni).

Religion in Uganda

Nigeria, 51% Christian
Zimbabwe, 75% Christian

Etc. etc. etc.
edit on 23-11-2015 by Gryphon66 because: Yep

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: scorpio84

The Arabic word for "God" even for Christians who speak Arabic and probably Arabic Jews (?) is "Allah."

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Saudi Arabia is an Islamic theocracy. Religious minorities do not have the right to practice their religion. Non-Muslim propagation is banned, and conversion from Islam to another religion is punishable by death as apostasy.[5] Proselytizing by non-Muslims, including the distribution of non-Muslim religious materials such as Bibles, is illegal. In late 2014 a law was promulgated calling for the death penalty for anyone bringing into the country "publications that have a prejudice to any other religious beliefs other than Islam" (thought to include non-Muslim religious books).[6][7][8]

Source

Islamic states or Islamic theocracies[edit]
Main articles: Islamic state and Sharia
An Islamic state is a state that has adopted Islam, specifically Sharia, as its foundations for political institutions, or laws, exclusively, and has implemented the Islamic ruling system khilafah (Arabic: خلافة), and is therefore a theocracy. Although there is much debate as to which states or groups operate strictly according to Islamic Law, Sharia is the official basis for state laws in the following countries: Afghanistan, Iran, Mauritania, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen. In Nigeria, the constitution provides that states may elect to use Shari'a laws and courts, though non-Muslims are not required in any state to submit to Shari'a jurisdiction and adherence varies by state.[11]

Saudi Arabia maintains religious courts for all aspects of law and has religious police to maintain social compliance.

Pakistan has Islam as its only official religion and its Federal Shariat Court has the duty of striking down any law not complying with the Sharia code of Islamic law; however, ruling falls upon legal scholars who, while required to be Muslim, are not religious clerics.

Source

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

About as much as a Christian theocracy.

I was responding to your red herring.

Mine wasn't a red herring, it was a summary of what people in this very thread are calling for, which is sole power to "Christianity" and suppression of religious freedom for others... Or Paulism if I'm being 💯%...

Violations of the 1st Amendment, come on Les you're not stupid.
In fact you're one of ATS' smartest members, but unbearably facetious at times.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Off-topic? Maybe.
Factually incorrect? Not so much...unless you know something I don't Charlie?

No, 100% correct, just like "Christianity" in Africa, but wholey irrelevant fella.

If we want to debate Wahhabi Theocracy in Mecca, someone should make a thread about it.
I'll happily join in.
edit on 23-11-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Fair one, won't be me tonight though, I'm crashing out...would be an interesting thread though.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Mine wasn't a red herring, it was a summary of what people in this very thread are calling for, which is sole power to "Christianity" and suppression of religious freedom for others... Or Paulism if I'm being 💯%...

By opposing the Adhan playing throughout the neighbourhoods? I'm not sure how logic can stretch that far, but I respect your honesty.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

There we go, you're not denying ignorance Les, either that or you haven't read all 16 pages of this tripe.

The Adhan is a protected religious freedom of the 1st and you know it...

Public order offences will be filed if it takes the piss, but it turns out the OP was lying, wilfully & continuously about that because it was all sorted out nearly a decade ago and it was Muslims, who despite the law being in their favour decided to lower the volume of the Adhan...
& while also crying that schools are banning prayers and Christmas it's just pure hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Also, just to apply a bit of logic, we're talking about the United States not Saudi Arabia, not Vatican City, not Iran, not Nigeria.

The US, where 0.9% of the population is Muslim, 2% is gay, 3.1% is atheist, and 79% is Christian. Yet, somehow, the Christians are always "being oppressed" by one of the other groups they outnumber by over 25 fold AT MINIMUM.

The "argument" made by OP is that if Muslim Americans are allowed an integral part of their religion (the Call to Prayer) in two cities in Michigan (where the volume levels are completely within the lawful limits ANYWAY), then Christians in every state should be allowed to trample the Constitution underfoot and have their prayers and nativity scenes and baptisms on the football field sponsored by the Government (schools, public squares, military bases, etc.)

Anyone who wants to argue that is clear to, but argue that we should trample the Constitution, honestly.

All this quibbling about who doesn't like what noises (that aren't noises per Michigan's, Dearborn's or whatever areas statute) is pure rot.

edit on 23-11-2015 by Gryphon66 because: Period

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

The Adhan is a protected religious freedom of the 1st and you know it...

"God is Great", "there is no God but Allah" and "Prayer is better than sleep" bellow throughout public streets. I'm sorry but I do not know how this is a religious freedom. Anything you can point me to to ease my mind?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Since you're translating from Arabic, the phrase would be "there is no god but God" ... I know that's not as scary-seeming, but still, let's be a tiny bit honest at least.

Religious freedom includes adherents being able to practice integral parts of their religions, one shouldn't have to explain so many times.

The Adhan is an integral part of the Muslim religion.

What do you have an issue with, precisely again?

edit on 23-11-2015 by Gryphon66 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

How is going door to door for our collective souls religious freedom and not trespassing and harassment?

How is the preacher on the corner of the street with a bullhorn not disturbance of the peace?

Because they're protected in the 1st as well.

I'm not discussing this any further with you, Les...

You're intentionally being obtuse.

It's practice of faith, which is protected religious freedom.
You know where to look and it's called the Bill Of Rights.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Doesn't freedom include the freedom to be annoyed? Insulted?

Isn't that annoyance and insult supposedly "the personal responsibility" of the one's being insulted to deal with?

Isn't that paean of the right-wing?

EXCEPT when those being insulted are Christians, right? EXCEPT when a Christian wants special rights?

What a joke.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Since you're translating from Arabic, the phrase would be "there is no god but God" ... I know that's not as scary-seeming, but still, let's be a tiny bit honest at least.

Religious freedom includes integral parts of religions, one shouldn't have to explain so many times.

The Adhan is an integral part of the Muslim religion.

What do you have an issue with, precisely?

It's "there is no deity but allah" or "There is no god except the One God". Just a little more honesty there. Pretty scary considering Islam considers itself the last religion.

I already state the issue I have. No one should be forced to listen to religious prayers and propaganda.

edit on 23-11-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Conservative Correctness gone mad.

Wanting to suppress the (other) Faith filled.

Wanting to violate the 1st.

Taking offence to something.

Hmmmm, sounds just like their anti-LGBT agenda as well.

Hypocrites, all of them.
Yes I'll broad brush, as I was specific in my descriptive.

Cos if we differentiate we can broad brush I've learned in the antiMuslim threads recently.

Hypocrites.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join