It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam Call To Prayer In America

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

The same as church bells then?.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs.

Honestly, I can't think of any other religious group that does this.

From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population

pfft. Jews do it while being just over 2% of the population.

I've usually found that when the first premises are shown to be total nonsense, the rest is, so I'll spare myself from replying to the rest of that diatribe.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

No, practice your religion privately

What about the rights of Atheists? What about the rights of Christians, Buddhists and Hindus? None of us want to hear a call to prayer once during the day, never mind 5 x. News flash, America isn't a Muslim country. Oy Vey.

I don't think the Constitution says anything about you having the right to tell others what they can or cannot listen to within your hearing radius. I'll double check that, though, if you need. I don't want to be stuck in traffic, but I have to live with the fact that my vehicle isn't the only one allowed on the road.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

i agree with your response flatfish.. i wouldnt want to hear church bells 5 times a day either... and loud music 5 times a day is def intrusive.. who cares whats comong out of the speakers.. why does it matter if its prayers or pantera?
edit on 23-11-2015 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66 If a loud speaker is needed to let people know when it's time to pray, then that seems like it is forced. Kind of like someone yelling at you and saying time to pray now. If you have to be told to pray then I think if kind of defeats the purpose. But it is just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

So you have objection to people being called to pray to god?

i do. non-believers shouldn't have that crap rammed down their ear-holes uninvited. and by 'non-believers' i include all faiths, as they are all equally bogus.

Yeah i feel the same when missionaries come knocking at my door once a week....

Live and let live.

See that feeling you get once a week? Now imagine that feeling 5 times a day.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

4 times an hour near me even throughout the night.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Kapusta

Personally I think it's rude to knock on a persons door and think you are going to convert them to whatever weird cult it be.
Everything you know is wrong, however this book right heegh has all the answers. Dinosaurs?? MORE LIKE BEHEMOTH!

Right! Whens the last time you heard of Muslims knocking on doors ? Yet we are trying to take over the world? ......smh

Dont be melodramatic. I never said anything like that. I have already articulated my dislike in a fair and rational way. I already said muslims should be free to worship. I just don;t want their method for doing so announced over a loudspeaker. It's not necessary and if fairness is what everyone wants then is it not fair for non believers to not have to be disturbed?

It's got nothing to do with fairness, and it's all about appeasing islam. If you say a single thing against it, you get a verbal thrashing. So, just accept it. You can't change it. Learn arabic, it will make reciting the qur'an easier.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnnyjoe1979
This is developing into a classic 2 dogs fighting over a bone while a 3rd grabs it and runs off. Soon all religious expressions will be banned from public places. The winner will be psychiatry lead by the atheists/feminists/LGBTers. Funny thing they have apps too to remind the follower/patient when to take their drugs, several times a day, just like prayer!

What do you mean soon. It already is happening. Christmas celebrations are being banned all over. No christmas tree, no carols, even saying Merry Xmas is taboo in some places.

Since when are you not allowed to pratice these things inside your house.?

I wasn't referencing that! I was referencing what is done in public. Schools, Cities, Businesses, Govt facilties, and Military are all having to modify the old norms of Christmas with the PC version called Holidays. Have plenty of links to support this!

Ok this issue has nothing to do with Islam.

Perhaps it has more to do with people who choose not to follow religions.

Since when did people "choose" to not follow religion?

"perhaps it has more to do with people who choose not to have a mental illness." -- exactly the same.

People choose to believe in moon warlocks and sky wizards because they can't live life without some sort of hope for the afterlife. Too afraid to live, but death will bring heaven.

Look at this thread. Look at what RELIGION has done. A disorder of the mind, should be medicated, not worshipped.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
Besides some folk mow their lawns early Saturday mornings when folk are trying to sleep in, why aren't folk up in arms about that ungodly racket?

Man, this is just transparent.

Why not just tell the OP to shut up, stop talking, call him a racist and bleat all over everything he says - you know you want to. That he has a valid point, nahh.. lets equate it with lawnmowers. They're so religious, offensive, in your face.

and I've never ever heard a single person have bad things to say about some twit at 8am on a saturday mowing their lawn, never.. Oh my..

See what I mean OP. the smug arrogance conveyed towards you for even daring to mention islam in a thread, and not glorify it, is what you will get everywhere these days. people are too eager to embrace it, because it's the new age thing.

almost a new age snake handling fad.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I'm sure the Native Americans felt the same way ....

And look at what happened to them. So I guess you think that was a good thing, considering you seem to oppose it today?

If you could go back and give the Native Americans the ability to fight and win against the Europeans, and they did so, that'd be good, yeah?

But today, if the same thing happens, we're told to just accept it, can't change it, we probably deserve it because we're some sort of criminal given we are white, and shut up racists...

Cognitive dissonance is a terrible thing...

edit on 23-11-2015 by laminatedsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Isn't it amazing how boring the truth is?
It's so much more exciting to make all kinds of claims about how "outsiders" are taking over our country!

Thank you for setting things straight. Not that it will matter to most.

I spend each day in and out of all muslim neighborhoods...entirely muslim.

Isn't it so easy to ignore the truth, and pretend it's all rosy..

Nothing wrong with entirely muslim neighbourhoods. it's multiculturalism at it's best, right?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
And it makes the transition easier and it makes them less homesick and they help each other.

Europe would disagree with you.

But that's OK, you've got time yet before you see it. and when you do, well, it will be too late.

frog in a pot...

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Gryphon66

Just to make sure, you're fine with hearing "God is great" or "There is no God but Allan" being played over loudspeakers.

Is there a reason you're saying "There is no God but Allan"? Who's Allan?

Oh my god that's hilarious though.. haha..

Oh Allen my Allan, why hast thou forsaken me...

edit on 23-11-2015 by laminatedsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
In Islamic countries, the call to prayer five times a day sets the 'rhythm" of the day. Similar to how church bells would toll at certain times of a day. It's not just for prayer, but people can also tell the time by the prayer calls.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
The only God insecure enough to require prayer 5 times a day every day is allah....maybe Muhammad was bullied in middle school....

Can't be. he was illiterate and couldn't write, so it's doubtful he even knew what a school was.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Christosterone

This thread is about the call to prayer being broadcast by loudspeaker in the US, not your personal theological or moral issues with the Islamic faith.
Do try to stay on topic

But yet your personal opinion that the bubbling quacking noise recited 5 times a day is nicer to your ears, because you've lived on islamic islands, IS on topic?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

If a christian knocked on the door of a Muslim at 6 am in the morning isn't it the same as a loud speaker of the adhan entering my ears in my own home?

But is the call played at 6 AM??? And I'm going to ask for a source.

www.muslimpro.com...

example times for New york.

fajr 5:31 am
dhuhr 11:42 am
asr 2:13 pm
maghrib 4:33 pm
isha'a 5:53pm

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Yeah I do, I really dislike it when Jehovahs Witness come knocking on my door preaching their gospel, but at least I can offer them a glass of water, tell them not interested, have a nice day, and send them on their way.

Pushing ones religious beliefs on others is not ok, and 5 times a day hearing that noise would really irritate me. I would find it very offensive and would complain like all hell for my rights to not be subjected to that noise.

Just because you want to prey doesn't mean everyone else wants to, and certainly not to a God of a religion which many don't believe in.

Personally I find time with nature and meditation quite fulfilling, I don't need to be called to prayer to be close to God or in my view I would call the Universal Energy, I'm always connected.

reply to: Kapusta

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: laminatedsoul

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
And it makes the transition easier and it makes them less homesick and they help each other.

Europe would disagree with you.

But that's OK, you've got time yet before you see it. and when you do, well, it will be too late.

frog in a pot...

Aside from all the points made here that you are not addessing, like how long go this was, like the fact there are ways to resolve issues legally and like adults, bet not everyone in Europe would disagree. Who made you spokesperson for all of Europe?

In addition, when you treat people like crap what do you think you get back?
edit on 11/23/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join