It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam Call To Prayer In America

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
... and here I thought that Conservatives believed that there is no "right not to be offended."

I mean, free speech allows for the use of hateful words, demeaning terminology, etc., right?

Surely, hearing a little bit about God a few times a day isn't going to kill anyone ... right?

Buck up, pull yourself up by your own bootstraps, toughen your skin, what?

Take personal responsibility.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

I'm really baffled...

No, actually, I'm not at all.
This is another perfect example of "freedom and liberty for all (unless you're not like me)"

This is such a common phenomena in the US, but predominantly amongst Christians/Conservatives. You all wave around your constitution, scream about your freedom and your rights, while at the same time rejecting those freedoms and rights when they are afforded to people not like you.

If you want to preach about Christian freedoms and your liberties as a population, you damn well better respect the freedoms and liberties of EVERYONE.

Don't be preaching about your rights to live as you wish while telling other people they don't deserve the same freedoms and rights.

Freedom to practice your religion is NOT EXCLUSIVELY FOR YOU.

And to all others, please research this OP a little more, you'll find that much of this is exaggerated to the extreme by the same right wingers who want you to believe you're being "invaded".

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

So you have objection to people being called to pray to god?

I object to pushing Islam on America. If you don't then you're too stupid to live and don't expect any sympathy when they cut your head off for not following their extremism.

LOL..well, in that case, I suppose no one should expect sympathy if they get molested by a Catholic priest.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

This OP reeks of hypocrisy. How can you complain about your religion being censored while at the same time be asking others to censor another religion?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Oh I'm sure with a Muslim majority in the town council those complaints would go far!

Democracy isn't for everyone I guess - it never seems fair. Especially not to those that feel entitled. From your OP:

For a century this town was of heavy Polish heritage and of Catholic faith.

America is changing and Muslims are apart of that change.

One of my grandparents was Polish. The Polish were the manual laborers back then in their neck of the woods. I know how things went for them when they first showed up

So, what's your point?

I forgot - in my last post sirlancelot - the church that is exactly 1 block from me where I live practices that crazy loud Christian rock and roll for hours and hours with their doors wide open. Free for the entire neighborhood to enjoy

They really should think about getting a new drummer

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

So you have objection to people being called to pray to god?

What God? Any God that calls for beheading people isn't any god at all. More like Satan. What the hell is happening to this country when the Ten Commandments on a courthouse wall carries lawsuits while blasting an Islamic prayer throughout a city forcing it upon all citizens is okay! I'm simply dumbfounded. What happened to the great country I grew up in? It's long gone, sadly.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
5 times a day is a hypnosis.

Try to stop it now. Now is a good time. It's easy. You are almost there.
Speakers first. Muslim with a speaker is a radical muslim.
It has to be done even if just to exercise their peacefulness and compatibility.
The law
Accepting the 'Muhammad is prophet" part means accepting the whole Koran. Saying that should be sufficient for a good lawyer. It's all problematic - "No God except Allah" is offensive to every other religion including Christianity if any of them consider Muhammad a false prophet and even Al Ilah the moon god or whatever. It doesn't matter in this case because no one really needs to be forced to contemplate about it 5x a day. Yelling hatred causing problematic religious dogmas from the roofs 5 times a day could be seen as unacceptable crime against coexistence by the law.
Personally I think the ban needs to be promoted especially in so called 100% islamic communities and countries to protect everyone's rights.
Like the right not to be counted as a muslim because of fear and indoctrination to inflate their numbers and importance.
Like not living in a cult 24/7

I thought I can live a week without saying the word muslim.
But no. It's muslim, muslim, muslim, muslim everyday!
I'm starting to have that kind of itchy feelings like when I think too much about cockroaches.
Are they everywhere?
On my skin?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

I direct your attention to the Old Testament of the "Holy" Bible.

What the hell is happening to this country when the Ten Commandments on a courthouse wall carries lawsuits while blasting an Islamic prayer throughout a city forcing it upon all citizens is okay!

It's becoming more as it was intended. Did you think America was a Christian country? It's a deist nation, if anything - Christians just happen to make up the majority.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Just to offer a few fact-based reminders:

The vote to allow the Call to Prayer was made in 2004 in these Detroit suburbs.

The Hamtramck Council became 4/2 Muslim (from 3/3 Muslim) on November 6, 2015. Though Muslim in faith, all are American in citizenship.

This area of Michigan, also, has an long-established community of Muslims, dating from the 1930s.

There have been no reported complaints by actual Detriot-area citizens, since about 2009.

When there were complaints, the mosques simply turned volume of the Call down out of courtesy.

What is interesting here is that the same folks who claim that the establishment of a Christian Theocracy in America is a mere conspiracy theory (Americans, 79% Christian) but somehow, Muslims(Americans, 0.9%) practicing a vital part of their faith (Daily Prayer) are in the process of instituting Sharia Law and the Caliphate everywhere.

Now, we return you to your regularly-scheduled, low-information ranting and diatribes.
edit on 23-11-2015 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

edit on 23-11-2015 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

Hypnosis for those who speak Arabic?

Maybe.

Chance of those who already understand Arabic being Muslim?

Nearly 100%

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This OP reeks of hypocrisy. How can you complain about your religion being censored while at the same time be asking others to censor another religion?

It's not hypocrisy. It's fairness. What's good for one religion should be good for all.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

It's not hypocrisy. It's fairness. What's good for one religion should be good for all.

No it's hypocritical. FIRST, if the OP even had a point with his complaints about his religion being censored (for the record I don't think he does, he is just misunderstanding those situations so that he can say his religion is being censored), what makes it right to demand that we censor another religion? Since when do two wrongs make a right? He just sounds vindictive in this case. Second, if the OP doesn't have a point (which he doesn't) then it is just straight up trying to justify violating the 1st Amendment by incorrectly using examples that are similar in nature to what he wants.

In either case, violating the 1st Amendment is the wrong answer. It is hypocritical and anti-American.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It's time to call it: why don't some of you find the courage of your convictions and state, clearly, that you don't like that in the last few decades those of other faiths (and those with no faith) are starting to push Christianity out of it's self-established dominance in favor of actual freedom of religion.

I think you'll feel better if you get that off your chests.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Allah is great rings throughout the street in a secular country. Prayer is better than sleep is repeated to people walking by.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
... meanwhile, Presidential candidates share the stage with a man who is screaming that his followers should kill homosexuals in the name of their religion. Calls ring out from pulpits across the country claiming that anyone who disagrees with their politics is a heretic and a sinner. Billboards, placards, church signs, publications, and 24 hour TV shows (both broadcast and cable) proclaim the dominance of Jesus over all other Gods, while preachers on street-corners wail about the loss of their Christian country to the sinners and infidels (which are less than 10% of the population but facts aren't their strong suite) ...

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yeah let them blast this, but if you see a Christian quietly praying on a football field: go get your pitchforks.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

Why care about any prayers, they're all equally ridiculous.
Prayer doesn't seem to help the devoutly religious/spiritual in sustained famine conditions ever.
Prayers? Meh, why y'all wet your pants about any of them is amusing, yet tragic at the same time that such woo-woo bull# affects you so much.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Can't wait for the call to prayer in the Church of the Great Monkey(TM) it's going to be every 3 and a half mins a bit like this.

10,000 watt amps for miles around just to call everyone to monkey prayer...it's my right isn't it?

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

No problem so long as I can blast out some hard techno to drown that grating noise out! lol

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

As long as it is for religious reasons

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join