It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cinemas to Ban the Lords prayer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
He is fully aware but won't acknowledge it. Wrong half of the good book you are quoting.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

No, but it's the exact thing that we're discussing. I say there isn't a god, you say there is. It's a whole massive debate which will never be resolved and neither of us will change our minds. So why drag it into the cinema? It has no place there. I don't want to just ignore it, it has no place there at all.

I would never presume to ask you what type of religion you follow, it's entirely up to you and I respect your right to follow it. There are plenty of opportunities to think about religion in England in church, at home or learn about it at school. Great, it's interesting to think about.

But nope, keep politics and religion out of the cinema at all costs, it has no business being there.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
"We are told to leave them alone".lmao

How many threads have you started trying to convert people's mindset? Can't even scroll down that far. Priceless yet again. Thankyou.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
He is fully aware but won't acknowledge it. Wrong half of the good book you are quoting.

He said "holy book". It's all in the same book. I'm sure there are "nice parts" and "bad parts" of the Quran, too. And if we discount the "bad parts", then Islam is all about "love everyone", too.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

The DCM agree with you and have maintained it until they allowed this advert,till the backlash began of course.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I know. Just pointing out the double standards.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Thats all you will say because I gave you the original word and you have nothing else to say. You do know I have compared it to other translations. I was just using that one because its a quick easy point. Its not a hateful message nothing to get upset about. That was my point.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

No, but it's the exact thing that we're discussing. I say there isn't a god, you say there is. It's a whole massive debate which will never be resolved and neither of us will change our minds. So why drag it into the cinema? It has no place there. I don't want to just ignore it, it has no place there at all.

If you're secure in your beliefs then why does it bother you so much. Doesn't make sense. If I saw one playing that was all about how God is dead, it wouldn't hurt my feelings. I would just think it was ignorant and move on...throwing a fit about it is childish.

But nope, keep politics and religion out of the cinema at all costs, it has no business being there.

I don't think it matters either way when it comes to cinemas. Politics sure. But that wasn't the topic of the discussion.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

My responses are not for those people most of the time. You make to many assumptions.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
My point being the slight change in wording has a completely different meaning. Deliver us from the evil one is completely different to deliver us from evil. One says deliver us from satan, the other deliver us from the bad in life. This can shape the way someone thinks. This is how wars are waged.

I agree not a hateful message,but a message that has no place in the walls of cinema.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

My point being the slight change in wording has a completely different meaning. Deliver us from the evil one is completely different to deliver us from evil. One says deliver us from satan, the other deliver us from the bad in life. This can shape the way someone thinks

Not really. The context of the verse is "And lead us not into temptation, BUT deliver us from evil[one]. The verse is contrasting evil or evil one to temptation. The message is do not let us be tempted father. Its not something that requires a debate its pretty straight forward if you just read it like you would any other text.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My assumptions are based on your previous posts unfortunately. I would say your assumptions have led you on your path, assumptions I would never assume with all the information provided. You find islam offensive and there teachings ( as you state in every thread), assumptions that have given you a clear misunderstanding of the teachings of the religion. I persecute individuals, not billions based on my own beliefs.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I basically just put forth my views to someone else on that so here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
How is deliver us from the evil one simple when compared to deliver us from evil. Completely different interpretations with different meanings. Sticking a bracket around something only suits your own needs. Until I pointed it out you didn't even question it. That's simple .

Must apologise again to myself for the thread drift. Lol.

To keep it on topic, would you be happy with an islam prayer claiming to be the one religion before you watch a movie. I genuinely don't believe you would just ignore it, I strongly assume you would be offended/annoyed internally.
edit on 22-11-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

That is odd because so far they have all be completely wrong. First I have never really talked about Islam on ATS until about a month ago, because I had never taken the time to research their holy books. When you do that however it is clear what their scriptures teach. I don't think I have an misunderstanding of the teachings if I do please explain how what I said earlier was wrong.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I'm hardly throwing a fit.

I was answering rossacus' questions that he posed in his OP. You came in and said Christianity was better than Islam for reasons best known to yourself.

If we can agree that politics has no place in the cinema then it doesn't take too many steps to see how the same can be applied to religion.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
OK cant respond to that because it is not true what you say.

Your islam teachings come from your christian websites. If what you say is true, how come my neighbours are peaceful and not he'll bent on converting and killing me. If you can't explain that without saying they are not true muslims (as you have stated before) then you don't understand it.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

I basically just put forth my views to someone else on that so here:

Your rationalization of the truth doesn't really matter. They don't change the fact that the bible is not all about "loving everyone" as you said... Christianity is not different from Islam.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

How is deliver us from the evil one simple when compared to deliver us from evil. Completely different interpretations with different meanings. Sticking a bracket around something only suits your own needs. Until I pointed it out you didn't even question it. That's simple .

I didn't do that because it had nothing to do with the point I made. Again you are just assuming I have never compared that verse to other translations and that is wrong. You are assuming I have never looked at the original language of that verse and you are wrong. What is simple is the message of the sentence....deliver us from temptation. That could be the devil or you could just consider it evil.

In Matthew 4:3, Satan is called the tempting one. I don't care which translation you choose the message is the same deliver us from temptation. This is a pointless discussion...

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

They need to go a step further and ban ALL advertising in cinemas.

Keep advertising for 'free to air' media.

I don't want their products advertised at me when I have paid good money for the movie experience.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join