It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cinemas to Ban the Lords prayer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb
The original language of that verse. Do you even know what you write sometimes? So you are fluent in ancient Arabic and have access to the original scrolls. Lmao. Priceless yet again.

The fact you can't distinguish between the devil and evil is very worrying. Men don't do evil cos it's the devil type mentality.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

If what you say is true, how come my neighbours are peaceful and not he'll bent on converting and killing me. I

Beats me. I don't know their thoughts, but I do know what their Scriptures teach.

Let not the believers take the disbelievers as Auliya (supporters, helpers, etc.) instead of the believers, and whoever does that will never be helped by Allah in any way, except if you indeed fear a danger from them. And Allah warns you against Himself (His Punishment), and to Allah is the final return.

They can only act friendly when they fear danger. Your neighbors can't kill you or they themselves may be put in prison or put to death. That is what their book teaches I am not saying that is what they are doing. Technically they are not even supposed to greet you first.

Fight against those who believe not in Allah, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

If you can't explain that without saying they are not true muslims (as you have stated before) then you don't understand it.

Where did I say that? I don't think that is something I have ever said. You must have me confused with someone else.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Advert in question

Quite harmless, and yes if it were non christian it would be Ok.

Do you think people might go out and shoot, behead and bomb some poor innocents after seeing this advert?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Said it many times mate. Plus you say you don't know there thoughts but you know what there scriptures say, insinuating they are not following their religion accordingly. I think you can agree with your own statement.

You are christian based on fear. Simply put. You try not to break the 10 commandments out of fear.

You are not from Israel. You are a foreigner as your bible puts it. By your logic people can kill you, enslave you and do what they want because your god said so. You should actually welcome death as it is gods bidding under your literal interpretations no?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Your rationalization of the truth doesn't really matter. They don't change the fact that the bible is not all about "loving everyone" as you said... Christianity is not different from Islam

It is if you take it as a whole and let it interpret itself. I feel like it becomes clear when you read the words of the new testament and the old testament together. They all interweave with one another its really quite amazing. You don't have to agree, but from my interpretation the Bible is about loving everyone and the Law is to make us aware of our sin.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

No, but after reading the bible and watching the epic battles that will include all of the above they may.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Said it many times mate. Plus you say you don't know there thoughts but you know what there scriptures say, insinuating they are not following their religion accordingly. I think you can agree with your own statement.

I mean I gave you their scriptures. That is what the Scriptures say. I am not judging anyone, but rather just analyzing a text.

You are christian based on fear. Simply put. You try not to break the 10 commandments out of fear.

Wrong. I break the 10 commandments a lot, especially within the standard that Jesus set up. Christianity is about an inner change made not by you but by the new creation Christ makes you. I still sin on a daily basis, but I change little by little everyday not because I want some reward . I have already been blessed beyond measure thru the gift of grace. I want to do better simply because that is who I am.

You are not from Israel. You are a foreigner as your bible puts it. By your logic people can kill you, enslave you and do what they want because your god said so. You should actually welcome death as it is gods bidding under your literal interpretations no?

No I don't really believe any of that stuff is ok. I don't take a literal interpretation of the Bible I take an objective interpretation. I try to let the text speak for itself by analyzing genre, context, and diction.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Fair enough. Thankyou for your contributions as I enjoy listening to polar opposite views. Cheers.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus

No, but after reading the bible and watching the epic battles that will include all of the above they may.

So reading a book might somehow induce you to commit violence but watching Star Wars which has epic battles featuring gun and sword fights won't?

Cognitive dissonance some?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
maybe im wrong, but dont people usuall frequent movie theaters as an opportunity to turn their mind off for a few hours? and doesnt a politically charged advertisement fly in the face of that? im reminded of an episode of "nathan for you" (a friend made me watch it, its not worth the time, as im about to explain) where "nathan" puts a holocaust exhibit in the middle of a clothing store because a particular brand of jacket is german and he wants to raise awareness. you get the principle. i know they mean well, or i hope they mean well, but give the customers a break from reality. thats why we watch movies.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Think you missed the point mate.
By association.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The Hebrew "Law and prophets", that Christians use as their Old Testament, actually instructs Jews to treat foreigners with respect and fairness. The following are commandments under Jewish law:

"When a stranger resides with you in your land, you shall not do him wrong. The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt; I am the LORD your God". Leviticus 19:33,34.

"If any of your fellow Israelites become poor and are unable to support themselves among you, help them as you would a foreigner and stranger, so they can continue to live among you". Leviticus 25: 35.

"If a foreigner residing among you becomes rich and any of your fellow Israelites become poor and sell themselves to the foreigner or to a member of the foreigner’s clan, they retain the right of redemption after they have sold themselves. One of their relatives may redeem them: An uncle or a cousin or any blood relative in their clan may redeem them. Or if they prosper, they may redeem themselves". Leviticus 25: 47-49.

"Do not take advantage of a hired worker who is poor and needy, whether that worker is a fellow Israelite or a foreigner residing in one of your towns". Deuteronomy 24: 14.

"Do not deprive the foreigner or the fatherless of justice, or take the cloak of the widow as a pledge. Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and the Lord your God redeemed you from there. That is why I command you to do this. When you are harvesting in your field and you overlook a sheaf, do not go back to get it. Leave it for the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow, so that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands. When you beat the olives from your trees, do not go over the branches a second time. Leave what remains for the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow. When you harvest the grapes in your vineyard, do not go over the vines again. Leave what remains for the foreigner, the fatherless and the widow. Remember that you were slaves in Egypt. That is why I command you to do this". Deuteronomy 24: 17-22.

There are very many similar laws and admonitions.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
Many use the cinema as a form of escapism. This is violating that chance of escapism.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
You do realise the other half the bible says the opposite right? Picking and choosing is always fun.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Think you missed the point mate.
By association.

The point is that you are painting with a very broad brush.

For example, since recent terrorist attacks were not perpetrated by Asians, they were obviously perpetrated by non-Asians.

Since you are likely a non-Asian, you are to blame for recent terrorist atrocities.

... by association.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Lmao. It was clearly a joke....didn't see the smiley face? It's in reference to the human condition of association, like the most effective therapies. Irrelevant examples are always welcome though.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm
Many use the cinema as a form of escapism. This is violating that chance of escapism.

Religion is too a form of psychological escapism. The Lords Prayer is a form of protective invocation to a deity.

This religious promotion was just for playing before one film and for a short time only. Some peoples reactions are akin to the prayer to be played before every cinema release for the rest of days.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What you said was perfect, caffeine or not.

I totally agree. I think what's offensive is removing the ad. The ad itself isn't offensive--or at least not any more offensive than any other ad. If you don't like it, who cares? It's like...well maybe you should be looking at yourself if you think that the Lord's prayer is in any way offensive because obviously you have some issues with yourself that you're projecting onto something else. That's what I think.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

You do realise the other half the bible says the opposite right? Picking and choosing is always fun.

Please quote an actual instance from the Bible to support your case.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Why would you say that. You know fine well the references. They are in every bible thread on ats and on this thread if you wish to scroll up to previous responses. Do behave yourself.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join