It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cinemas to Ban the Lords prayer

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
a reply to: chr0naut
Genuinely can't believe I need to do this.

godisimaginary.com...

Link might not work. I would ask you not to find fault with every single passage and don't say man said it and god said everything nice. please think objectively.

The page you linked to is about slavery and the rest of the site is generally atheist and largely hearsay. It says nothing in defense of what you said.

Come on, you said half the Bible was counter to those specific laws which I quoted, and which disprove your assertion.

Please provide just ONE verse which supports your statement - you have about 15,551 to choose from - just one would suffice!

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Knew that would be your response. Nothing about slavery or being a foreigner. Can't help ya mate you know fine well from that and other threads. Can't do this this mate. Every religious thread the same denial.

So you know the amount of verses but can't for the life of you remember the ones that promote slavery or how to treat foreigners unfairly. Truly beyond help then
edit on 22-11-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
Bingo

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Knew that would be your response. Nothing about slavery or being a foreigner. Can't help ya mate you know fine well from that and other threads. Can't do this this mate. Every religious thread the same denial.

So, not even one verse.

It isn't about religion. You made a statement that I believe was untrue. I asked, repeatedly, for simple verification, which you seem unable to provide.

If what you said was true, it would be all over the internet. A simple search would provide damning proof of your assertion and I would be forced to accede.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

originally posted by: chr0naut

Why would you say that. You know fine well the references. They are in every bible thread on ats and on this thread if you wish to scroll up to previous responses. Do behave yourself.

The only "references" in this thread were in a post by Benevolent Heretic and were predominantly about Jewish Law dealing with a cult that practiced infanticide, among other things.

If the book, chapter and verse locations had been posted so that the context of the quoted text could be accessed easily, then the 'case' made in that instance, crumbles.

You said (to ServantOftheLamb) "You are a foreigner as your bible puts it. By your logic people can kill you, enslave you and do what they want because your god said so".

I reiterate, please provide a verse from the Bible (in context, too, would be nice) that supports what you said.

No yeah dude those verses/passages w/e were only meant for the chosen people of Israel so its fine, just ignore the fact that the supposed ghostly leader of Christianity implemented these disgusting and immoral 'laws' to anyone anywhere......ever...

Most countries in the world have laws against human sacrifice and laws that allow for capital punishment. They must all be "disgusting and immoral".

Perhaps you could assist rossacus in finding an actual verse?

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Not allowed regious ads on tv or radio so tell ne why it should be allowed at the cinema? .

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Most countries in the world have laws against human sacrifice and laws that allow for capital punishment. They must all be "disgusting and immoral".

Perhaps you could assist rossacus in finding an actual verse?

No most countries do not 'allow' the death penalty, and it's very strange but not unsurprising that you'd mention human sacrifice when it's a major element of your religion....

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9)

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die. (Leviticus 20:10)

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death. (Leviticus 20:11)

etc etc etc

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

OK behave yourself. Lamb posted plenty about slavery and how it didn't exist. I posted the examples of where it does in the other half of the book. You are being a childish christian and asking for a very specific reference to how god told lamb to be a slave and to willingly die for the cause. You know that is not possible. You ignore all the references that show god promotes slavery. Behave yourself. Stop doing the usual # of ignoring the main point. Stop being a narrow minded christian and a fool. You can search yourself you tool. I give up responding to you.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

a reply to: Gothmog

You can't believe that can you, when you have to be christian to be president...

It is the only non questionable religion you have, no matter how secularised the more progressive states may be...

Who said that ? Some have been , some have not , some self-proclaimed but nowhere in the Constitution is that a requirement

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

OK behave yourself. Lamb posted plenty about slavery and how it didn't exist. I posted the examples of where it does in the other half of the book. You are being a childish christian and asking for a very specific reference to how god told lamb to be a slave and to willingly die for the cause. You know that is not possible. You ignore all the references that show god promotes slavery. Behave yourself. Stop doing the usual # of ignoring the main point. Stop being a narrow minded christian and a fool. You can search yourself you tool. I give up responding to you.

You said (to ServantOftheLamb) "You are a foreigner as your bible puts it. By your logic people can kill you, enslave you and do what they want because your god said so".

I was responding to the "By your logic people can kill you... because your god said so" part. It seems that both you and Presbo have concentrated only on the slavery bit.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
Wasn't it till only a couple of years ago an atheist couldn't be a candidate for presidency. You wouldn't get a Muslim or Hindu applying . Haven't all the presidents in the past been christian? Constitution or not.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I apologise for my outburst. I do often find it infuriating when discussing with christians, especially when they know the bible but willfully ignore the bad parts. I'm on my phone as usual with limited internet access (end of the month) but you can search your self if you feel me to be wrong. Unfortunately they may all be atheist sites but with correct passages. Sorry again for my conduct that wasn't fair.

Leviticus 25: 44
Internet 90% used...don't wanna waste it on the bible...lol
edit on 23-11-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join