It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cinemas to Ban the Lords prayer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Like I said in a previous response...its not really offense, they just don't want religion being advertised, especially to the target audience which will be children attending a fantasy film.

Many here would not be happy if your child came back inquiring about the truth that is scientology.
You would be concerned that religious promotion and attempted indoctrination occurred before a Disney film. If not then fair play. I would though. Not offended, just annoyed.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
a reply to: chr0naut
Lmao. It was clearly a joke....didn't see the smiley face? It's in reference to the human condition of association, like the most effective therapies. Irrelevant examples are always welcome though.

Apologies, I misunderstood the intent of your post.

I believe that the MSM are attacking Muslims and Syrian refugees unfairly due to recent incidents. Only the perpetrators of the crimes are guilty, no others. I feel that an injustice is being done and I, perhaps, can get some people to see it for what it is.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia
Under DCM guidelines they have to remove it unfortunately. For me the only way for it not to be interpreted as offensive by some is to have an advert for all religions, adleast it's fair that way (although I would be offended if that happened..lol)

Like they say, can't be racist if you cover all races

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

No problem.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
a reply to: rossacus

Said it many times mate. Plus you say you don't know there thoughts but you know what there scriptures say, insinuating they are not following their religion accordingly. I think you can agree with your own statement.

I mean I gave you their scriptures. That is what the Scriptures say. I am not judging anyone, but rather just analyzing a text.

You are christian based on fear. Simply put. You try not to break the 10 commandments out of fear.

Wrong. I break the 10 commandments a lot, especially within the standard that Jesus set up. Christianity is about an inner change made not by you but by the new creation Christ makes you. I still sin on a daily basis, but I change little by little everyday not because I want some reward . I have already been blessed beyond measure thru the gift of grace. I want to do better simply because that is who I am.

You are not from Israel. You are a foreigner as your bible puts it. By your logic people can kill you, enslave you and do what they want because your god said so. You should actually welcome death as it is gods bidding under your literal interpretations no?

No I don't really believe any of that stuff is ok. I don't take a literal interpretation of the Bible I take an objective interpretation. I try to let the text speak for itself by analyzing genre, context, and diction.

If your God gave you the option of giving your seat in heaven to any damned sinner you chose, would you take the offer?
edit on 22-11-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Why would you say that. You know fine well the references. They are in every bible thread on ats and on this thread if you wish to scroll up to previous responses. Do behave yourself.

The only "references" in this thread were in a post by Benevolent Heretic and were predominantly about Jewish Law dealing with a cult that practiced infanticide, among other things.

If the book, chapter and verse locations had been posted so that the context of the quoted text could be accessed easily, then the 'case' made in that instance, crumbles.

You said (to ServantOftheLamb) "You are a foreigner as your bible puts it. By your logic people can kill you, enslave you and do what they want because your god said so".

I reiterate, please provide a verse from the Bible (in context, too, would be nice) that supports what you said.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Honestly why are people still arguing?

DCM do not allow adverts that are political or religious.

It really is that simple.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Why would you say that. You know fine well the references. They are in every bible thread on ats and on this thread if you wish to scroll up to previous responses. Do behave yourself.

The only "references" in this thread were in a post by Benevolent Heretic and were predominantly about Jewish Law dealing with a cult that practiced infanticide, among other things.

If the book, chapter and verse locations had been posted so that the context of the quoted text could be accessed easily, then the 'case' made in that instance, crumbles.

You said (to ServantOftheLamb) "You are a foreigner as your bible puts it. By your logic people can kill you, enslave you and do what they want because your god said so".

I reiterate, please provide a verse from the Bible (in context, too, would be nice) that supports what you said.

No yeah dude those verses/passages w/e were only meant for the chosen people of Israel so its fine, just ignore the fact that the supposed ghostly leader of Christianity implemented these disgusting and immoral 'laws' to anyone anywhere......ever...
edit on 22-11-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Because Christians are unsurprisingly using this to once again play the victim....

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Not as simple as you state otherwise the advert would never have been shown. It's only cos of the backlash DCM then withdrew it and stated the guidelines.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Genuinely can't believe I need to do this.

godisimaginary.com...

Link might not work. I would ask you not to find fault with every single passage and don't say man said it and god said everything nice. please think objectively.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The cinema is the perfect place for religion...I'll just leave it at that...know what I mean?

Å99

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus
It wasn't dcm said decision but the decision of the owners of theatres in the uk. The guys concerned with getting bums on seats and tickets sold. Their properties their choice. There are hundreds of churches in the uk, mostly sparsely attended on Sunday's, Christians can go to these churches any day of the week and have services on Sunday. Who's fault is that. Should the church really need to advertise anyway. The services exist it's up to people to make use of them, but on the whole generally don't bother. It's not like Christians arnt catered for, in every city town and village in the land

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr
Church of England is always looking to recruit..they are relentless

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: akushla99
Mel Gibson agrees

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

a reply to: akushla99
Mel Gibson agrees

...except when he's drunk 😉

Å99

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Because Christians are unsurprisingly using this to once again play the victim....

you cant evolve to the underdog without first being a victim. and you cant discriminately violate civil rights and spin it into a tale of social justice without becoming the lead underdog aka "champion of the people".

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

There if a big difference in promoting love, and promoting to kill everyone who doesn't think like you.

The one you say promotes "love" MOSTLY insists that anyone who doesn't agree, who steps out of line, or refuses to buy into your scheme will burn in hell. How is that any different?
Sure, YOU aren't encouraged to kill them, just to "walk away" from them, and rest assured that they will burn in hell. As soon as Dad gets home. Nonsense.

As for the "Lord's Prayer" - it is "forgive us our traspasses as we forgive those who trespass against us." Not "debts."
Remember, you are talking about the Church of England. People who know the Church of England know the prayers, not the bastardized, edited, adapted prayers that your lot has invented.

Perfect example of the misinterpretations and creative license that pastors feel empowered to tweak as they please.

edit on 11/22/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: woops! typed "prayers" instead of "prayer"

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Prezbo369

you cant evolve to the underdog without first being a victim. and you cant discriminately violate civil rights and spin it into a tale of social justice without becoming the lead underdog aka "champion of the people".

...but you can run out onto a freeway, and claim cars were trying to hit you...embrace your inner victim, and forget how you did it...then ignore the reason cars are swerving around you...perfect!

Å99

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

until about a month ago, because I had never taken the time to research their holy books. When you do that however it is clear what their scriptures teach. I don't think I have an misunderstanding of the teachings if I do please explain how what I said earlier was wrong.

You've only looked into Islam for a month, as a "lay researcher" - that hardly makes you an expert. Makes you barely and superficially acquainted with the basic elements of their religion.

What about it - Servant - what if you went to see a movie and there was a Muslim advertisement?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join