It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic Temple chapters offer Muslim communities help against ‘right wing xenophobia’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

One might observe that you are on the wrong site if you dislike people advancing conspiracy theories, of any stripe.

One might additionally observe that humans are indeed fallible creatures and that we are all blinded by our own biases.

I never stated I "dislike people advancing conspiracy theories", nor implied it. So I'm not quite sure what you're going on about here.

Yes, we all focus on our own "betes noires" ... but I wonder, does pointing at hypocrites as being hypocritical about other hypocrites also constitute hypocrisy?

Philosophically speaking, of course.

No.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

In that case you were "going on about" a mostly meaningless critique of those you find to be hypocritical about other hypocrites and you intimated such by pejorative use of the phrase "conspiracy theory" that seemed to indicate distaste for those individuals.

By doing so, as a member of humanity yourself who, at times, I am sure, exhibits hypocrisy yourself, if not on this occasion, you are pointedly being hypocritical about hypocrisy.

So, with all due respect, on that basis, I beg to differ with your trenchant "no."

Further, asking questions about a post is not a critique; don't take things so personally, perhaps?

edit on 20-11-2015 by Gryphon66 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Stormdancer777

You did? I must have missed it. Repost it please. Because to me that looks completely offtopic and to be a distraction from the topic at hand.

you imply Christians don't follow their teachings, and I agree many don't but many do.

Actually, I agree with this, but what does that have to do with Christians being killed for being Christian?

Truthfully you just want me to shut up and go away,

Not really.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jmilo

Our bond really wasn't Christianity so much as being the good looking athletic intelligent clean cut kids.

I find it a trifle oxymoronic that someone who claims to be intelligent bullied people because of their clothes and/or lifestyle.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I always find it humorous when Satanists go out of their way to act more Christianly than actual Christians.

Define: Act Christianly

Acts of kindness are a Christian act?

Since I am a nice person and help out others, does that automatically make me Christian?

You people fail to realize that modern Satanism does not worship evil, but rather worship themselves and the free world. They worship that fact that YOU are the one in control of your life and you live it the way you want to live it.

You failed to read the whole thread. Everything you just said has been said.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm not a religious person in the slightest, but Beelzebub sure does look pretty good right now.

Today hasn't been a very good day for the Christian Right.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
You people fail to realize that modern Satanism does not worship evil, but rather worship themselves and the free world. They worship that fact that YOU are the one in control of your life and you live it the way you want to live it.

"You people"? You clearly don't know anything about me if you think I didn't know this about the Satanic Temple. I've already said several times on this thread that they are atheist.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

In that case you were "going on about" a mostly meaningless critique of those you find to be hypocritical about other hypocrites and you intimated such by pejorative use of the phrase "conspiracy theory" that seemed to indicate distaste for those individuals.

By doing so, as a member of humanity yourself who, at times, I am sure, exhibits hypocrisy yourself, if not on this occasion, you are pointedly being hypocritical about hypocrisy.

So, with all due respect, on that basis, I beg to differ with your trenchant "no."

Further, asking questions about a post is not a critique; don't take things so personally, perhaps?

Sounds like a confession of guilt to me. Maybe my meaningless critique was spot on after-all, given your defensiveness. Speaking of taking things personally. Do you admit your double-standards on these matters?

edit on 20-11-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So would that make them sellout atheist???

It confuses me much as usual.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

And the devil shall walk with demons....

the irony

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

No, just like most of their activities involving Christians, their name is meant to troll ignorant Christians. By adopting the Satan moniker they are trying purposely illicit rage from dumb Christians who see Satan and immediately think "EVIL!". Meanwhile, they are going out of their way to be nice and do the "Christian" thing while those dumb Christians are yelling "EVIL!".
edit on 20-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Oh well that is a very different situation. I am sure that right now in the usa more americans are fearing muslims than muslims fearing americans.

Being Muslim does not exclude someone from being American. (I know some politicians and people would like to see that change)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Oh well that is a very different situation. I am sure that right now in the usa more americans are fearing muslims than muslims fearing americans.

Being Muslim does not exclude someone from being American. (I know some politicians and people would like to see that change)

ok
if you read the post I was responding to then you can see that no one was excluding any muslims from being americans.
context helps

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Never ceases to amaze me...This thread is fairly meaningless as Muslims are as unlikely to seek out Satanists as an Evangelical Christian would. first time for everything but i just dont see this as worth arguing over.

Sometimes it is hard to believe these discussions are even taking place but i will post a link for reference anyway because there is quite of wishful thinking on the part of certain people - whom i shall not name - as the views on satan are pretty much identical with only minor differences.

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satan]Satan - If two memebrs here dont like this then blame Wikipedia and not other members and Even then this goes back um, like a few hundred years.. Just not worth crying over.

edit on 20-11-2015 by Harvin because: Adding

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I'll be more plain, since as usual you are merely playing semantic games.

I'm stating that generic comments, like the one of yours that I initially remarked on, are often nothing more than hypocrisy in action.

If I may be excused a personal comment, since you asked, I've already addressed the fact that all humans are hypocritical at times, some more than others. In general, folks make vague statements, like yours that I tried to engage with reasonably, indicating that only a certain subset of others are subject to human vices ... like hypocrisy.

I am hypocritical at times as are you as is everyone else. That's just a basic observation, no defensiveness.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

How could I have missed the context? You quoted it in your response.

I knew the context.

It was us vs. them. Your little thing saying more people are afraid of Muslims in the US than the other way around conveniently leaves out the fact that Muslims make up a small portion of the populace so of course numbers mean nothing.

And so what if many people fear them that only highlights majority ignorance.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Harvin

I hesitate to ask the obvious, but if the thread is meaningless, why are you commenting in it?

Followup: Do you think that posting a link to the Wikipedia entry for Satan is making some sort of argument in this "meaningless" thread?

BTW, Wikipedia - Satan

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Great! How many chapters or churches of Lucy are offering this?

There are hundreds of local Christian and Jewish communities offering the same.

SMH

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

LeVey and many others have openly admitted there is more politics than faith in the Church of Satan. Its just a social movement based solely on being the opposite of Christianity for the sake of being opposite.

Hipster much?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

The Satanic Temple and the Church of Satan are two different denominations of atheistic Satanism.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join