It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic Temple chapters offer Muslim communities help against ‘right wing xenophobia’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jmilo
It seems like these satanic guys are losers who got picked on in high school? Like the goths.

Maybe they were, and what do think the odds were that the people doing the picking were nice Judeo-Christian boys and girls?

edit on 20-11-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It seems like these satanic guys are losers who got picked on in high school? Like the goths.

Maybe there were, and what do think the odds were that the people doing the picking were nice Judeo-Christian boys and girls?

Fairly strong odds. I was likely one of them. I see no problem with superior groups asserting their dominance. You think goths should be able to wear their ridiculous clothes with impunity? Life has winners and losers and goths usually coalesce around one end of that spectrum.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

You think goths should be able to wear their ridiculous clothes with impunity?

Hell no! You should run up and kick them in the nards and scream, 'Jesus saves!!!!!'.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

a reply to: ~Lucidity

It seems like these satanic guys are losers who got picked on in high school? Like the goths. Personally former goth losers turned poor democrats do not really scare me and it's funny you think that's scary. You libs are hilarious.

Awww. Glad you got a laugh out out it.

A Mischievous Thorn in the Side of Conserative Christianity

That looks like a reddit moderator meeting or a magic the gathering. I'm really trying to be nice in saying and maybe we are just worlds apart in our social settings, but former goth kids turned Bernie sanders supporters are hilariously unscary losers.
edit on 20-11-2015 by Jmilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
"... when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full."

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Me either. Directly opposite of right-wing, we believe in helping people.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Jmilo

I got picked on all the way through my academic existence. I am a Christian. I am also a metalhead. One is not merely the result of ones experience, but instead a person is defined by how those experiences shape their existence. I am hardened by years of warfare during a period when I should have been free to learn less brutal lessons, should have been free to learn more of science and art, history and poetry, than I did of self defence and stealth. That was not my fate and instead, I was forged in fire, baptised in blood, made and remade a thousand times by conflict before I was even growing stubble upon my chin.

The losers were the ones with the knives, the bats, and the group mind who attacked as one, and fell beneath my boots and fists all the same. The losers were the ones who sought to dominate me and were broken on the walls of my will. The losers were the ones who dealt me wounds and thought me defeated, only to be crushed from the shadows having cast thought of me aside.

Losers bully, losers start fights, losers roam in packs and act as a unit, rather than forging their own paths and standing tall on their own merits. Losers do not become anything. They waste their formative years in ignorance, and stunt their growth by placing their half formed identities in the hands of their social groups, by thinking as a unit rather than using their own, barely developed intellect. Losers make for popular school kids, and useless adults.

I am proud to have been unpopular, because it was the harder path to walk, and because the tribulations of youth have hewn from the raw material of my being, an individual who cannot be broken, cannot be bowed, refuses to relent in the face of pressure, and has unlimited capacity for cold, focused response to threat.

Tell me again, what a loser is?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You think goths should be able to wear their ridiculous clothes with impunity?

Hell no! You should run up and kick them in the nards and scream, 'Jesus saves!!!!!'.

It's funny bc of my group of friends throuought my catholic education, it's rare to find a practicing Christian only 10 years out. Our bond really wasn't Christianity so much as being the good looking athletic intelligent clean cut kids. I know every school had them and they always picked on the goths. Now I'm an attorney and the goths are going door to door for Bernie sanders. This movie now playing nationwide.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I seen the guy in the va. video telling all muslims they are terrorist. That is actionable and can be accounted for and fought against.

I really wonder if there are any real threats to those muslims that can be accounted for. I mean it seems like a good idea to protect others but can anyone tell me or show me what they needed protection from. This seems like a publicity stunt. After all we do have police force in that area that can do the same as what is claimed by the heathens. Show me a reason for this and I may see the need for this.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Jmilo

I got picked on all the way through my academic existence. I am a Christian. I am also a metalhead. One is not merely the result of ones experience, but instead a person is defined by how those experiences shape their existence. I am hardened by years of warfare during a period when I should have been free to learn less brutal lessons, should have been free to learn more of science and art, history and poetry, than I did of self defence and stealth. That was not my fate and instead, I was forged in fire, baptised in blood, made and remade a thousand times by conflict before I was even growing stubble upon my chin.

The losers were the ones with the knives, the bats, and the group mind who attacked as one, and fell beneath my boots and fists all the same. The losers were the ones who sought to dominate me and were broken on the walls of my will. The losers were the ones who dealt me wounds and thought me defeated, only to be crushed from the shadows having cast thought of me aside.

Losers bully, losers start fights, losers roam in packs and act as a unit, rather than forging their own paths and standing tall on their own merits. Losers do not become anything. They waste their formative years in ignorance, and stunt their growth by placing their half formed identities in the hands of their social groups, by thinking as a unit rather than using their own, barely developed intellect. Losers make for popular school kids, and useless adults.

I am proud to have been unpopular, because it was the harder path to walk, and because the tribulations of youth have hewn from the raw material of my being, an individual who cannot be broken, cannot be bowed, refuses to relent in the face of pressure, and has unlimited capacity for cold, focused response to threat.

Tell me again, what a loser is?

Spare me the melodrama. You make it sound like you were a soldier in battle Rather getting a swirlie. Ir is of no surprise being bullied is a source for much of your anger. Personally have moved from high school. You are free to believe what you wish but I would caution you from declaring yourself the victor in this situation, I mean you're a almost 50 liberal minded unwed no children metalhead with long hair living in apartment drinking beer and posting to conspiracy Internet forums every day. Lol I mean I get it everyone likes to rise from the ashes but do you really think an objective look at your life reads success? I don't think so man.
edit on 20-11-2015 by Jmilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Funny how those religious satanists are more human than humanists and atheists.
Those satanists sure are sending a clear message to non believers, you are all lazy and selfish

So funny how atheists look selfish and close minded compared to satanists

So funny how all these atheists are rallying around the satanists as well, sounds like you are embracing religion

These particular Satanists (Satanic Temple) are atheistic in nature, as is the Church of Satan, et. al.

As far as more generic atheistic altruism goes ... one of many ...

"Overall, this research suggests that although less religious people tend to be less trusted in the U.S., when feeling compassionate, they may actually be more inclined to help their fellow citizens than more religious people," Willer said.

Atheists More Motivated by Compassion than the Faithful - livescience.com

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Those satanists sure are sending a clear message to non believers, you are all lazy and selfish

So funny how all these atheists are rallying around the satanists as well, sounds like you are embracing religion

These particular Satanists (Satanic Temple) are atheistic in nature, as is the Church of Satan, et. al.

So what do they need Satan for?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
More of same ...

Matthew 22:39

Far from bolstering generosity, a religious upbringing diminishes it - The Economist

AN ARGUMENT often advanced for the encouragement of religion is that, to paraphrase St Matthew’s report of Jesus’s words, it leads people to love their neighbours as themselves. That would be a powerful point were it true. But is it? This was the question Jean Decety, a developmental neuroscientist at the University of Chicago, asked in a study just published in Current Biology.

The upshot was that the children of non-believers were significantly more generous than those of believers.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harvin

originally posted by: Gryphon66

So what do they need Satan for?

I provided link to their website earlier ... why not check it out and learn for yourself?

Though, to answer your question in general, Satan is a metaphor for an independent spirit of rationality that is against top-down control structures.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Yea who needs proof or facts when rhetoric can get so much traction.

Perhaps it would be beneficial for this group to help them begin to separate themselves from the radical ideology.

That is not near as fun as social media outrage though.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Spare me the melodrama. You make it sound like you were a soldier in battle Rather getting a swirlie.

I have been shot at, had knives pulled on me, been garrotted, been assaulted with all manner of blunt instruments, chased down and beaten repeatedly...swirly? What manner of bullies did you have in your school? Sounds rather soft in comparison. I did not get a proper education. I literally got war instead. Your experience being different than mine, does not change my experience, or its severity.

Ir is of no surprise being bullied is a source for much of your anger. Personally have moved from high school. You are free to believe what you wish but I would caution you from declaring yourself the victor in this situation, I mean you're a almost 50 liberal minded unwed no children metalhead with long hair living in apartment drinking beer and posting to conspiracy Internet forums every day.

You would have moved high schools...yes, I am sure that would have been an option for me, had there been other options than were given me. There were not. Abundance is unfamiliar to me. However, my victory is absolute. I am not almost fifty, I am thirty years of age, and although I am liberal minded, and unwed, I have a son who is the apple of my eye and brings joy to me on a daily basis. And while it is true that I live in an apartment, I spend my days working a solid job, as a locksmith. My membership here is not something to be ashamed of, and of you really think it is, then why are you here?

Lol I mean I get it everyone likes to rise from the ashes but do you really think an objective look at your life reads success? I don't think so man.

You are welcome to your opinion, no matter how flawed it is, or on how poor of an understanding it is based on.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Yea who needs proof or facts when rhetoric can get so much traction.

I'm savoring the absolute irony of this statement ...

... to sustain me in future moments of frustration.

So, you're officially against acts of kindness and compassion then?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Once again, I have occasion to admire your grit, dignity and clear-mindedness.

I consider it an honor, even virtually, to know Christians of your demeanor and kind.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Lol of course now Britain is the violent hardened society and America the powderpuff league. You are so tough, cool, and successful. You are a locksmith and winning. Carey on.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

That was really powerful and relatable. Thanks.

And maybe only just slightly off topic, did you hear that Christian minister who said this?

Christian Pastor slams Paris victims: ‘If you attend a death metal concert, you deserve to get killed’

Extremism of any faith or lack thereof...scary stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join