It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic Temple chapters offer Muslim communities help against ‘right wing xenophobia’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Harvin

I hesitate to ask the obvious, but if the thread is meaningless, why are you commenting in it?

Followup: Do you think that posting a link to the Wikipedia entry for Satan is making some sort of argument in this "meaningless" thread?

BTW, Wikipedia - Satan

I messed the link up, good catch. It is meaningless for the reasons I stated; it is just never going to happen. Not only that but Satanism does not go over too well in Islamic countries...if you catch my drift.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Since many are obviously reading nothing in the discussion, and have no interest in the actual facts of the matter, I do realize that this is a meaningless post itself, however:

1. The Church of Satan (nee LaVey) is a different organization from The Satanic Temple, which is the ostensible subject of this discussion.

Official Website of the Church of Satan

The Satanic Temple

2. There are many different kinds of Satanist ... many modern Satanists are primarily atheist, but there are also theistic Satanists, social Satanists, etc. etc. Klassified even provided a link to a group interested in "spiritual Satanism" earlier.

3. Neither the CoS or TST are typical of the imaginary "Satanists" that so many refer to obliquely as if they are real, usually connected with the "Satanic Panic" of the 80s and 90s which have been roundly proven not to actually exist. (EDIT: i.e. the Satanic Panic was real, the alleged rituals, murders, and other silliness were not.)

edit on 20-11-2015 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Harvin

You're welcome of course.

The Satanic Temple's offer has been made thus far (as linked in the OP) in two cities in the US only.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Thanks for this. I said the same thing on the previous page but I didn't post any links. Now you covered that base.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Thanks for this. I said the same thing on the previous page but I didn't post any links. Now you covered that base.

Of course.

I think we may have been posting the same thing at the same time, LOL.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Thanks to you I did some research!

The idea was that Satanists, asserting their rights and privileges where religious agendas have been successful in imposing themselves upon public affairs, could serve as a poignant reminder that such privileges are for everybody, and can be used to serve an agenda beyond the current narrow understanding of what “the” religious agenda is.
-Lucien Greaves

www.vice.com...

He went on to say "If one acts with compassion in the name of Satan, one has still acted with compassion."

So the point of this post -perhaps- being posed as a spot light on Christian hypocrisy is moot.

Forgive me if I mistook the OP's intentions.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

It does not matter the reasons one finds themselves in a pile of poo.

The reality is that they are giving power to satan by worshiping him while lying to their conscious.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

The reality is that they are giving power to satan by worshiping him while lying to their conscious.

the reality is that they setting an example. live by that example or set a better one instead of waxing pretentiously on why they arent doing it right.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm
realy fake outrage over nonevents making muslims fear for their safety locally is setting a good example?

no I do not want to pretend that muslims are so persecuted that they are afraid to go to the store and need some confused person to help them.

I am all for helping out

fyi the police are paid to protect all of us

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So would that make them sellout atheist???

It confuses me much as usual.

Life is all about balance and counterbalance. Good and evil.

They're not sellouts.

They're the counterbalance to what they perceive there is too much of or not enough of in the world. And they act on that.
edit on 11/20/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I'll be more plain, since as usual you are merely playing semantic games.

I'm stating that generic comments, like the one of yours that I initially remarked on, are often nothing more than hypocrisy in action.

If I may be excused a personal comment, since you asked, I've already addressed the fact that all humans are hypocritical at times, some more than others. In general, folks make vague statements, like yours that I tried to engage with reasonably, indicating that only a certain subset of others are subject to human vices ... like hypocrisy.

I am hypocritical at times as are you as is everyone else. That's just a basic observation, no defensiveness.

So I am being hypocritical because all people are sometimes hypocrites? Does not follow. There is no amount of chewing gum stringing that logic together. I never once mentioned semantics either. More dismissive nonsense.

If you want to pirouette around my questions and points without touching them, be my guest.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

realy fake outrage over nonevents making muslims fear for their safety locally is setting a good example?

i didnt see any outrage in those tweets. very calm and professional, in fact.

no I do not want to pretend that muslims are so persecuted that they are afraid to go to the store and need some confused person to help them.

you dont have to pretend. the fear is real. just because it isnt real for you doesnt make it less traumatizing for them. you exhibit a certain lack of empathy for their situation altogether, oddly enough. maybe you could stand to learn about neighborly love from those thoughtful satanists.

I am all for helping out

...so much so that you mutter under your breath and scowl when god-forsaken heathens step up and make good hard working christians look bad. especially after all the publicity where those good hard working christians talk trash about 100% of a religion for something 5% of its followers do.

might as well give you a hard time for being affiliated with westboro baptist. loosely affiliated, but hey, you worship the same god.

fyi the police are paid to protect all of us

and they do such a good job of it too, dont they? if they shoot a man for being black, imagine what they would do to someone as stigma-laden as a muslim.
edit on 20-11-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

So atheist feel that there are not enough satan worshipers in the world?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I do not think you have enough info on me to make those type of judgments. As I said helping out is a good thing when the help is needed. In this case there is no evidence that there is a need in those areas to offer protection to muslims beyond what the rest of us receive. It is not helping them but it is making a statement as others have pointed out. I hope that the volunteered actions do not become necessary but right now we are looking at a bunch of godless heathens stirring the pot.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I hope that the volunteered actions do not become necessary but right now we are looking at a bunch of godless heathens stirring the pot.

remember that muttering and scowling thing? you are doing it again.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

ok so you are saying that it is ok for atheist to lie and pretend to be Satanist while trying to put down Christians with a fake tale of muslims being threatened to the point of fear to go to the store but it is not ok for me to call them godless heathens.

perhaps the atheist are just tired of being heathens and are trying to lose that status by evoking the name of satan

edit on 20-11-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Errrr...it appears you might be giving far too much credence to a name? Maybe think about them as sort of a devil's advocate? Or the other half of a conscience? Reminding people that they should consider both sides of an issue before leaning too hard one way.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Errrr...it appears you might be giving far too much credence to a name? Maybe think about them as sort of a devil's advocate? Or the other half of a conscience? Reminding people that they should consider both sides of an issue before leaning too hard one way.
in the name of satan will not take that good message very far...

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Did anyone show up?

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

in the name of satan will not take that good message very far...

Perceptions change. Some people fear that.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join