It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Pod people" grown on trees in India?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I will only say that you have to suspect ANYTHING that is "mystical or magical" from India...
even the mainstream papers are littered with enquirer type reports...

the caste system in india has kept an entire part of the population in an ignorant "spell believing, curse casting" downward cycle....
even when the truth of a situation is learned, they rarely try to educate people on what the scientific reason was.

so whenever a nut falls from a tree in india, it was a Buddha that did it, or an evil spirit, ...not the wind... that would be too normal...

I used to read all the reports, then i saw the similarity... they all could be explained much easier by rational thought...or "con"artists, which is a legal occupation over there... they call them fakirs, and the name rings true....

not to say that they don't get their share of phenomena, but it is really hard to sort the wheat from so much chaff.... (it really is the popular thing to have an "experience" among that caste)

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Right... a social system of economic stratification not unique to India has made the Indian people more succeptable to the notions of "spells", and apparently have condemned us to an ever-worsening curse of the same.

And as an avid reader of the Indian press, I'm sure you can provide us with loads of examples of these enquirer-type reports, correct?

Mind you though, what I find rather funny is that the people who are talking about these 'pod-people' with the greatest interest here are certainly not Indian, yet it is the Indian who bares the brunt of this gentleman's conceited lecture.

Cheers,
Raj

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I want to see one of these thing real bad, i am trying to get in contact with the person in a link that one of you posted, i am in cali so i emailed him and hopefuly i can see one of these.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I can't see why subject this isn't bigger than it is? It's obviouly if it's true something extraordinary and I don't understand why there doesn't seem to be any bigger study done on these things, especially in Thailand, where someone said that they probably weren't rare. Wouldn't anyone have thought it was slightly strange that a humanlike creature grows on trees?

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajkhalsa2004
Right... a social system of economic stratification not unique to India has made the Indian people more succeptable to the notions of "spells", and apparently have condemned us to an ever-worsening curse of the same.

And as an avid reader of the Indian press, I'm sure you can provide us with loads of examples of these enquirer-type reports, correct?

Mind you though, what I find rather funny is that the people who are talking about these 'pod-people' with the greatest interest here are certainly not Indian, yet it is the Indian who bares the brunt of this gentleman's conceited lecture.

Cheers,
Raj

We in America have a saying Raj, OH SNAP!

In Short, you just roasted him to a crispy well-done.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
What type of tree is it that grows these?

Could this be a geneticly modified tree?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
No it's been around for a long time, at least a couple of thousand years anyway.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajkhalsa2004

Raj

Yeah, www.indiadaily.com..., enjoy...

[edit on 10/17/2005 by defcon5]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This is possibly the freakiest thread I've come across, I have vague memories of seeing something about this on the discovery channel late one night, I cant add any more info, although it would be easy to add some over the top conspiracy theories

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If i didn't strongly question when someone claims that there is a unknown race of pod people in India.... source "india news"
then I would not be vigiliante in the pursuit of truth
in this case, it is right to ask for proof... show me a singing dancing pod person, and I will join the singing dancing pod people fan club...
just show me something besides a dried up critter that I could easily make myself.
does this not reak of myth to anyone else?

and in response to the earlier comment by Raj,
I didn't create the caste system, and I dont agree with it... and yes, it is also prevalent in many countries of the world... and yes, in each, the education and religious teaching help keep the castes separate...

take for instance the developing caste in America... where ID is being taught in public schools... and where "no child left behind', has become "no child advancing"... We are allowing these self imposed temporary castes to become permanent by giving them inferior educational opportunities.
I do not make my comments lightly... and I am sure an indian citizen knows more than I do..., but to deny that the lowest caste is the most succeptable to these "myths" is a disservice to the pursuit of truth.
I am not critical of these beliefs. I respect others rights to them, but I personally feel that it is a educational problem brought on by the caste society.
It is the same reason that england isn't burning witches anymore, and that people dont sacrifice babies with every solar eclipse...
Maybe with better education for the lower rural caste, India will stop succuming to supernatural hysteria soon as well. We all hope so...
witch burning in india
now does everyone see my point, about education playing an important role in the "superstitious vulnerablity" of lesser educated peoples.
it is not the lower castes fault, but rather the leaders that know how to play with power of knowledge to hold one class up, while subjugating another class...
sorry to vere off topic, but felt a valid context is important here...

Science looks like magic, until understanding turns it back into science.

I don't write em folks, I just identify them...
Don't kill the messenger.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
and carries it everywhere, seeming to act very strangely these days:

Oh POD people! I thought you said iPod people. My bad.

[edit on 17-10-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Where's the proof?
i've looked on the net and i cant find any proof of this whatsoever, its just pictures of little hand carvins of ppl,
i appologise if i've mist it but where's the scientifc evidence that these are Humans growing on trees?

is'nt that an hat on his head?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
With every link, it appears to be a internet legend...
nowhere are sources listed or proven for the following claims

genetic proof via DNA testing
so called universitys studying them.
any research done by the thai scientific institutions...

someone commented that it must be real, due to the thai government covering up the results of the test...
WHAT TEST... if there wasn't one, then there would be no results to show now would there?

twitchy said it best... never has there been a less documented myth... which leads me to think.... where there is no smoke... there is NO fire...

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooligan13
I was wondewring if anyone here knows anything about the alleged pod people found growing from some tree in India. There's also supposed to be some kind of "monkey people" there - I don't know but a buddy of mine swears he saw something about it on Discovery or something. I just wanna shut him up so any help I can get - you know - to get him to close his bleepin' pie hole.

Is this part of the monkey people thing ? It's just one report from a series of events a a little while ago, where a so called "monkey man" went around causing mayhem, unfortunately including deaths, albeit incidental from what I can tell. This story got quite a bit of coverage at the time ...

There is this too, which might tie in with it too.

I don't think that either were completely resolved - but I see an all too human hand in both.

(As an aside - but from some evolutionary viewpoints are we all not 'monkey people' ? )

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamian
signature
www.kubrick2001.com...

No fraekin' way! Did you guys see this? That's so cool
. I loved the movie but didn't quite get it for years. This video presentation was almost as good as the movie itself. Infreekin'credible. Thanks iamian for having this as a signature link.

Yeah, it's not on topic, but it's a whole lot more interesting then pod people.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by iamian
signature
www.kubrick2001.com...

No fraekin' way! Did you guys see this? That's so cool
. I loved the movie but didn't quite get it for years. This video presentation was almost as good as the movie itself. Infreekin'credible. Thanks iamian for having this as a signature link.

Yeah, it's not on topic, but it's a whole lot more interesting then pod people.

no probs, i loved it to, it really gives a good explanation to the film, thats why i put it on my signature, because its a must see!

back on topic, i dont believe a human can grow from trees,
especialy a human with a cowboy hat on.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
so whenever a nut falls from a tree in india, it was a Buddha that did it, or an evil spirit, ...not the wind... that would be too normal...

Honestly, I disregarded everything you said after that phrase. What has the caste system got to do with "a buddha"?

posted on Aug, 15 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
How can a tree have human chromasones? This is freaking me out
There are some issues. Some animals have only a 3% diffrence in chromosomes, but that 3% always covers a vast diffrence between the 2.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
I believe the story of the Naree Pons is that they are woman who are meant for the present incarnation of Buddah, but if he doesnt come and get them they fall off the tree and whither.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by William One Sac]

You are misleading people. According to the story these "women" are gentle forest spirits sent to protect the first Buddha in this world(earth) from deciet, greed, lust, and all that evil stuff on the path of enlightenment 3000 years ago.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I saw a cable TV show one of the cheesy ones like Beyond bizarre or Sightings
It had a short segment about the Naree Pons but the story I recall was a fable of sorts where a fellow not wanting his home robbed wanted his daughters to seduce the thieves the daughters not wanting to loose their virginity and be raped by thieves grew or Buddha caused the seed pods on the trees to become beautiful girls and the thieves raped them rather than rob the house,
Then the pod girls wither and die,
While I my be a bit convoluted on my details I know I remember the thieves being seduced by the pod girls part.

As far as Human DNA and I even recall they claim to have X-rayed and had skeletons,
But where's the paper work the lab reports I need to see the prove in the world of paranormal and crypto I always want the proof many times you cant have it but you can have a lab report,

The two they showed on TV are the only two I can find on the net so my end conclusion is it was the work of a very talented artist

Cheers,
[email protected]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join