It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the CIA moniter your computer ??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It has come to me that I believe the NSA and the CIA are involved in peoples privacy. I was searching through my C drive one day on my computer, and I have come across some mysterious files. I have no idea what they are for. There are things such as log files. And it is impossible to open them. Windows doesnt support the format. So what good would it be to have a file that your computer has to have to run, but yet impossible to open ? Is it for the Secret Service or other people like Internet Police to search through your private stash and see what your doing ? I believe that that is what it is. I think that Microsoft has some sort of a 'secret' contract with the CIA to enable them to log your computer. Just another thing for national security

[edit on 6-2-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Use notepad to open .log files.
They're used by programs like your antivirus to log problems, updates, etc.

And Windows supposedly does have an NSA key to allow access:
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
And Windows supposedly does have an NSA key to allow access:

I always suspected that MS may have some agreement with some agency in the US allowing them to access computers but I had no idea it came out in the news and was verified. I'm shocked to the bone.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I think that if anyone really wanted to get into your computer it could be done -- maybe not by you or me but there are people out there who could do it. If they were to go into my computer they would be put to sleep it would be so boring. I actually could run for office and not have to worry about any back ground checks I'm so squeaky clean.

Now a few of my ancestors would be a bit more interesting

jm

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This always comes down to one thing. Are you doing something that would get their attention? No? Don't worry about it....really, there are programs out there, that "watch" for certain "behaviors" and alert those that need to know....same as the phone...certain words key certain responses. Do you really think that the NSA/CIA/ NNA (No name agency) monitors ALL the computer traffic in the world? Imagine the bandwith...anyway, unless you are doing some serious "bad stuff" I wouldn't worry about it, and I would enjoy what we do have

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Not only can they spy on your computer activity, they can listen to you through your speakers. Isn't technology wonderful.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by justme1640
I think that if anyone really wanted to get into your computer it could be done -- maybe not by you or me but there are people out there who could do it.

It�s one thing to say that the government has trained professionals that can force their way into a targets computer and completely another to say Microsoft gave the government a key to enter every windows machine in the world. This sickens me as it should sicken you. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything to hide but I like to protect my right to personal privacy.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
Not only can they spy on your computer activity, they can listen to you through your speakers. Isn't technology wonderful.

I'm sorry, thats impossible to do, unless the speaker/speakers has/have been modified before you get it/them.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
As law abiding citizens we shoulnt have to worry or even consider the fact that the goverment can, does and will continue to violate our privacy at every turn. Its a fact they moniter telephone traffic, they regularly sniff packets on ISPs, and the Echelon system does in fact exist and work. Yeah its fine now because were not terrorists ( that definition in and of itself is a joke) but thats today, nobody knows what tomorrow will bring. Maybe dissent will fall into the category of terrorism?

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by creamsoda
There are things such as log files. And it is impossible to open them. Windows doesnt support the format. So what good would it be to have a file that your computer has to have to run, but yet impossible to open ?

I believe that your log files, are just that. Log files. Here is some info on them are their purpose

webmonkey.wired.com...

"Hey, you! What are you doing? Where are you going? More importantly, what are you clicking on?

Ah, if only it were that easy. But no, most users like to travel the Web incognito. They come to your site, poke around a few files, download a PDF or two, and then -- poof -- disappear, leaving nothing but questions in their wake: Where did they come from? Which browsers are they using? Are they experiencing any errors? "

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Ive heard this before....I also was told in the same context that "THEY" can watch you and listen to you through your TV set, and radio/sterio equipment.
In this same conversation...I was told to avoid being 'spyed' upon, you need to unplug these itams when not in use, that leaving them plugged IN was the OPEN window "they" need.

I dont unplug my sterio and TV, so that HOW much credance I gave to this idea....but it IS in the same vein of thought, so I figured I would toss it up for inspection. Enjoy

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

Ive heard this before....I also was told in the same context that "THEY" can watch you and listen to you through your TV set, and radio/sterio equipment.
In this same conversation...I was told to avoid being 'spyed' upon, you need to unplug these itams when not in use, that leaving them plugged IN was the OPEN window "they" need.

I dont unplug my sterio and TV, so that HOW much credance I gave to this idea....but it IS in the same vein of thought, so I figured I would toss it up for inspection. Enjoy

If they really want to listen to you, all they need is a laser mic.
Really folks, think about it, it's a pair of speakers, they only output, no input allowed, nothing to input with, even your microphone (if you have one) uses a totally different channel than the speakers. You can't listen in on a speaker, unless like I said, it has been modified to do so, which would mean that every compnay in the world that produces speakers for everything, would be in on the deal.....
Not only that reason, but when you listen to audio, on the net, does it sound jerky? smooth? Imagine the sheer cost of providing a system that would allow someone to listen to anyone over speakers...across the net or across the street. Laser mic would be much more efficient.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
For those of you who really don't like the idea of someone sniffing about your business

methlabs.org...

Windows/OSX/LInux

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I know for a fact that MS leave open holes in computer on purpose, why do you think 2 new holes are discovered for everyone that fixed in IE, why do you think IE is tied into the operating system and why do you think MS refuse to admit IE can be removed from a computer despite the fact that 3rd parties can do it?

I know someone whos job it it to illegally enter peoples PCs to find certain illegal files, once these files have been found, the police just wait for a legal way to get access to the computers and then say they found the illegal content then.

I have also been told him him that he can physically destroy harddrives by remotely issueing read/write commands.

As long as everyone knows no MS system is safe due to the inbuilt insecurities then we shoud all be fine.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

I'm sorry, thats impossible to do, unless the speaker/speakers has/have been modified before you get it/them.

Have you never seen a microphone work like a speaker? Plug one into an output and you have a tiny speaker. Speakers are larger and don't vibrate easily so they probably don't work as good as a microphone to pickup vocals. If they don't use that they could have one hidden somewhere else in the system that tec guys don't even know about. With todays technology nothing would surprise me.

I believe if you have aphone line hooked to it you posibbly can be listened to.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
why would the cia need to moniter your computer i eman they have got better things to do

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
im sure they are checking americans for terrorist activity, such as reading ATS,
spanking the monkey, photoshoping the pictures of the president, listening to country music and eating non genetically altered food.
You will all be asimilated, resistance is not futile, but its in iraq

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

im sorry but its possible, if you plug your speakers into the mic jack in the computer, they will work as a microphone. Never tried it? DO IT!

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku

im sorry but its possible, if you plug your speakers into the mic jack in the computer, they will work as a microphone. Never tried it? DO IT!

As far as that goes, every phone in your house could have a built in listening device. Who would ever look to see. You buy a phone use it and throw it away when it doesn't work any longer. If your on the phone someone can listen easily why not while your not on it ?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku

People please... enough with the "my speakers can listen/record to me!"... being a "part time" studio engineer, i assure you that these speakers can NOT receive/record audio signals... and by the way, have we considered the logic behind what is being said? (insert sarcasim here)... Sure "they" installed some secret mics in your computer speakers because we all sit in front of our computers screens talking to it!!!! Apparently "they" assume we are all VERY lonely to do so huh? I know i dont talk to my computer and IF I did would i tell my computer all my little dirty secrets???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join