It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obvious Strategy of The Islamic State Is Working, You’re All Being Stupid

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

And you should read all of the responses from the start. I don't know where you started reading but apparently, like the other "mods", you missed out somewhere.

Exactly what are you going off of? Should I repeat everything I've already said? Did you only start reading at the response you responded to? I think you did.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

SO is exactly right. What ISIS hopes to create is an equal and opposite hatred that mirrors their own. And, unfortunately, here on ATS, it's rampant. You can tell bigots not to be bigots. But if they feel justified, they will absolutely use your board as a platform.

You've created an equivalency between vocal hatred for Islam and mass murder of non-Muslims and Muslims alike by extreme Muslims. Don't you think it's strange that you guys spend more time advocating against bad feelings for Islam than you do the mass slaughter of people by people who are creating a world wide Islamic caliphate?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

...You can tell bigots not to be bigots. But if they feel justified, they will absolutely use your board as a platform.

The hatred, judgment, homophobia, sexism, racism, religionism and just random nastiness here makes me ask what I'm doing here. I don't belong here any more.

Been there, done that. Understand. But I'm with flammadraco - we need folk like you on ATS.

Thanks so much for all your contributions and hard work. You rock. ...I'm still waiting for ATS to stop being an FB wannabe, and get back to the more serious stuff. Might not happen, and maybe it shouldn't, but one can hope.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche
I think this gets to the same point as the OP.

This is messed up, and a frightening thought, it's true. Destroy Democracy 'or what's left of it'. Thus, will open the door to Tyrannic Rule over the Population.

But somehow i doubt their evil plan's going to fly, i just don't imagine that. Rather i 'Imagine' something far greater and much more powerful taking place.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

And you should read all of the responses from the start. I don't know where you started reading but apparently, like the other "mods", you missed out somewhere.

Exactly what are you going off of? Should I repeat everything I've already said? Did you only start reading at the response you responded to? I think you did.

My apologies. I do not hang on your every word. Actually, I struggle to understand exactly how you might be missing the point.

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: StallionDuck

I dunno...seemed pretty clear to me. This site cannot tolerate the advocacy of genocide and nuclear war against a people. It stems from the recent calling for genocide and nuclear war against "muslims" following the attack in Paris.

Its incredibly clear, actually. No one is excluded. Some are included just because of current events. It is so incredibly clear, actually, I struggle to understand ways in which it could fail to be incredibly clear.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

We're living through dangerous times and it truly feels like there are clouds approaching. So much hatred, scorn and division in this world and all passed around like a chicken pox party on the internet.

It isn't a defining feature of ATS imho. There's more than in the past and I don't know why exactly - dozens of reasons. It's time for moderate people to raise their voices so we don't all become extremists.

You should always have a place here BH. You're a stalwart voice of moderation and sanity. The Times we're on depend on people like you.

I could write more because it's close to my heart. Unfortunately I'm on the fone and don't enjoy writing on it.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Christians as a whole, do not behead other faiths, take slaves, conquer other countries.

How do you explain the Antibalaka of the Central African Republic beheading non-christians? Or manifest destiny?

And, Muslims as a whole, do not behead other faiths, take slaves, conquer other countries.

Stop using a past in a book that many of you don't claim to believe as evidence of what was done 3000+ years ago against people who believe today.

Why are we supposed to do that for the Bible, but not the Koran?

Side Note:
I'm exceptionally well-versed in Christian Bible studies, having attended two years of pre-seminary schooling while in high school. It's fashionable to be apologists and state that most Christians treat the Old Testament as historical context, within the theme of these kinds of discussions. However, on average, protestant sermons reference or rely on the Old Testament as much as the New Testament.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Really a world wide caliphate? Do tell how they intend to keep this once they have miraculously attained it. With RPGs and AK47s? It is ridiculous that people can both believe that Muslims are primitive savages and believe they are somehow capable of world domination with very little technology astounds me.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Would it be Racist of me if i just Wished the entire World would go 'BoOm'?
I hope not, i really hate Races, they're so incredibly tiring to the point of well, death i would suppose.. Oh Sod it all.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

The same is true for Muslim and any other religion that have radicals or crazy people. By definition, Christians can not commit such acts and truly call themselves Christian.

In your opinion. But in their opinion...

As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice… And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly, it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people. And when I look on my people I see them work and work and toil and labor, and at the end of the week they have only for their wages wretchedness and misery.

Adolf Hitler

My point being, that one of the problems with ANY religion is interpretation. You believe you have it right. Hitler believed he had it right, and the church a few blocks over from you, believe they have it right. The Christians who were divided for and against slavery before the civil war were convinced they each had it right according to scripture. So no matter your stance as a "true Christian", there will be another "true Christian" who says you're wrong. So saying "true Christian" is meaningless, when the word and the interpretation of it, is wide open. Just as it is with Islam, and any other faith.

Those who may not represent the "mainstream" of Christianity or Islam, are indeed still Christian/Muslim. They are just not typical of those who adhere to said religions.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I'm not "missing your point". Matter of fact, your point has nothing to do with my responses. I didn't call for nuclear war on anyone. My point is not even close to what you're coming at me with. That's why I asked you to go back and read my responses from the start. Instead, I got a smart ass response from you. If you don't want to go back to the start and see where I'm coming from, that's your prerogative.

So be it. Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Really love the Monday morning quarterbacking that goes on here. With as much intelligence being shown, I have to wonder why some of you aren't running major corporations or solving the world's problems? I mean, from this vantage point, you seem to be able to project such sanity and common sense from behind a keyboard, that any sane politician should be following your lead.

Of course, on the other hand, I see the same old few stalwarts of common sense, deride and chastise those that disagree with them.

Honestly, I don't really see how what some of you do from behind your keyboard is any different than ISIS. You both take a "my way or the highway" approach to solving problems.

I'd utter "Can't we all get along", but I don't ever see that happening here or in the world for that matter.

Perhaps we need to do away with all religions.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Kandinsky
All that's being asked is that ATS stops being used as a platform for mindless hatred and extremism.

If they don't think it's "mindless hatred", but, instead see it as "justified righteousness", then they're not going to stop. ATS WILL be used as a platform for mindless hatred and bigotry until ATS does something more serious than writing a wonderful thread, asking people to be grown-ups.

SO is exactly right. What ISIS hopes to create is an equal and opposite hatred that mirrors their own. And, unfortunately, here on ATS, it's rampant. You can tell bigots not to be bigots. But if they feel justified, they will absolutely use your board as a platform.

The hatred, judgment, homophobia, sexism, racism, religionism and just random nastiness here makes me ask what I'm doing here. I don't belong here any more.

I'm just going to hope that the thread is eventually successful. There are still responses to it that it was intended to stop, though.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

BH,

It does seem like an exploding trend coming from the right leaning folks that define themselves with hate and division but constantly playing the victim to fend off criticism.

It could be just a pendulum swing but I doubt it, taking into account the fear gripping the land.
edit on 17-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Are you somehow missing my responses or just skipping over and repeating what you said in a prior post?

How many times can I say it... Those people are NOT Christians! They're not Christians unless they follow the teachings and ways of Christ. Just like a lot of people today call themselves "Christian" and are not. I suppose it's true with muslim as well, but I'm no muslim scholar like yourself. I can't comment on what I do not understand.

Again, you staple with a focus on negative so called "Christian" atrocities. That's a really good misdirection, especially when I pointed out NO muslim atrocities. I focused on the difference between the past and the present, the difference between history and current. My whole point in responding to you is DONT focus on one group when all this times, this issue has been going on with every group here and you don't seem to stand against it. You've only done so when people have gotten rightfully angry over the aggression towards people who didn't deserve to die by madmen. The same thing happened on 9/11. It's human nature. I don't care if they call themselves muslim or the lollypop guild. It's wrong. I even said I agree that people shouldn't go after muslim due to some crazed cult who claim to be muslim just as YOU WOULD NOT DO for people who CLAIM to be Christian. Though, you're pointing out to me in multiple responses how "Christians" have done so even recently. Why? Did I say that muslim are to blame? No! I said nothing of the sort. I'm simply pointing out your bias. I'm simply saying... ALL people matter. Not just muslim. I'm saying it because you stand up for muslim equality and I'm simply asking... What about the rest of us? Are we not equal in your concerns? What does it take to become equal? You're so willing to trample out one issue, which I agree with, but silent on the ongoing issues that's always been here.

When you keep bringing up these "Christian" horrors, you're going against your own words. You're painting with that broad brush you spoke so passionately about.

That's messed up man...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Then you will know that this thread is akin to "Pearls before Swine"

Love you Brother, now get away from your computer for a bit and just be you.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Are you somehow missing my responses or just skipping over and repeating what you said in a prior post?

How many times can I say it... Those people are NOT Christians! They're not Christians unless they follow the teachings and ways of Christ. Just like a lot of people today call themselves "Christian" and are not. I suppose it's true with muslim as well, but I'm no muslim scholar like yourself. I can't comment on what I do not understand.

This is a logical fallacy known as "No Real Scotsman".

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

That's a good point. I can't refute that in any way. However, all of this came out in trying to give an example to my original point, being that I agree with the broad brush comment and it should be the same punishment for all examples, not just the one that has the world in an uproar right now. That is all.

Appreciate the civil, constructive response.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

ISIS is not just eliminating the "gray zone" they are waging all out battle on it in the mass killings of innocent Muslims...

And hatred and bigotry toward Muslims by the west supports their cause..

One day before the Paris attacks ISIS attacked Mosques in Beirut killing over 40 people and injuring over 200 and western media largely shrugged.

BEIRUT, Lebanon —
A fiery double suicide bombing terrorized a mostly Shiite residential area of southern Beirut on Thursday, ripping through a busy shopping district at rush hour. The Lebanese Health Ministry said at least 43 people had been killed and more than 200 wounded in the worst attack to strike the city in years.

www.nytimes.com...

Meet Adel Termos...A loving father of two young children...and a "Muslim"

Standing with his family a few days ago...he made a choice that few of us would have the courage to make.

These are the outstanding people who respond in moments of terror with unimaginable courage and incomprehensible selflessness that we need on our side...And he is Muslim.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I have no idea what you're getting on about man. How is that a fallacy when it's a true statement?

I understand Klassified's reasoning. I also understand facts and what I see with my own eyes.

An example if you will...

If I tell you "Good rewards go to the faithful who love thy neighbor and kills none". You worship me and call this religion "Quackery". You spread this word and more followers come and worship and call themselves "Quackers".

So far so good, right? No issues, save for a really odd religion and people who might need some sort of medication.

Some centuries, or even years later, someone stands up and says "Whoever does not Quack, must die!". This person can call himself a "Quacker" all he wants but that doesn't make him one. It's like saying, you're studying to be a practitioner of medicine but you practice astronomy instead and do nothing with the knowledge of medicine. So you get the degree, but unless you actually practice it, you're just an astronomer and nothing else. Sure, you could hold both titles, but you're only acting on one, so your astronomical discoveries would not be published in a book of medicine.

There is a difference.

If the basis of something preaches and teaches to harm no one, but you do, then you would hardly be of that teaching. You would be cast out. If you still call yourself by that label, then the problem is with that one thing, not the actual teaching.

I honestly don't understand how this is confusing.

By you guys argument, that whole "Broad Brush" thing comes in to play. Why is it ok for one side and not the other. I feel like you're just telling me:

"You can pain Christians with a broad brush, but you can not do it to muslim".

I get it...

Muslim and Muslim extremist = not the same thing.
Christian and Christian extremist = same thing.

Did I walk into a weird loop hole? PLEASE help me understand if I'm confused because this is honestly what I'm getting out of you guys responses.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join