It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obvious Strategy of The Islamic State Is Working, You’re All Being Stupid

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Ahem.

The OP was a statement that ATS won't accept posts that condemn millions of people for the actions of the few. It was also saying no to members who wish violence on millions because of the ignorant words and vicious deeds of the few.

I'm seriously thinking you're totally against muslim bashing. Totally sympathetic to their cause, but seriously anti Christian. That would explain a lot. A whole lot.

Seriously?? You actually wrote seriously?! The guy says no more idiotic comments about nuking the ME or making people wear badges. That's a common sense call for decency. And you turn it into a grubby innuendo that he's a closet Muslim or sympathiser?

Dude, go and look at that 'BS detector' in your avatar and see if your batteries have died.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I tend to disagree, and I am going to explain why

I absolutely disagree with you - and here's why

Your post has nothing to do with what we're (trying) to discuss here

You think all Muslims are bad. You just said so. You're also free to say so. If I have you wrong - feel free to elaborate

If, instead - you mean that all of us, Muslims included, are at the mercy of a certain percentage of violent fundamentalists - that would be different

What we've seen here lately at ATS is some serious nasty - and some inexcusably vile things said about and directed towards an entire people. A people that, whether you care to acknowledge it or not is standing on the edge of nowhere right now with an ever increasing number of people in this world being egged on to give them a push

Are you OK with that?

This is not your country - this is ATS. It's not a free speech issue. You are not free to say whatever you want to say however you want to say it

SO is setting the limits of what you can say here - and from what I've been seeing for months and months now - they have been giving the posters here at ATS a hell of a lot of leeway. The tone and quality of discussion has been degrading for a while, up until recently where it's become an almost 24/7 propaganda site leaning towards genocide - and people testing the waters to see if that might be OK

It's really not

We can agree or disagree, that is the way of opinions.

Absolutely. That's what we're here for. We do not get to use ATS as a venue for hate-mongering. If you can't recognize the difference then reread the OP
edit on 11/17/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Spider879

I'm continually stunned that when Muslims kill people out of hatred, all these threads pop up to stop the hatred of Muslims. Yet, when some white racist calls someone by a racial slur, it becomes a national news story and everyone is blaming g"white supremacy". In those cases, you NEVER get these threads shaming people for blaming white people, when it was just some lone nut job.

Can any of you explain that contradiction?

Because no one blames white people in general but white supremacist, it's all in your mind because U can't tell the difference between a white supremacist or racist white person from any regular run of the mill white person, I sense a bit of projection here..and If I am a betting man the majority of people posting here would more than likely self I.D as white.

This is such a load of crap. When one white person does something racist, it becomes a national news story. Look at all the craziness at the universities over a drunk guy yelling racial slurs!

I want to know why you all are so worried about Muslims, when it's Muslims and their hatred leading to dead people all over the world? Muslims kill people and you all lecture the victims!

I challenge you to repost one just one post here where folks lecture victims, but see your attempt at lumping and dumping Muslims as murderers, not "some Muslims" or even fundamentalist Muslims but Muslims that would have include guys that stood mid watch with me, sorry can't accept that anymore than I can lump my friends who are white and God father to one of my daughters with the likes of the KKk or Nazis, can't do it.
when it's Muslims and their hatred leading to dead people all over the world? Muslims kill people

So, if the KKK started killing people again you and skeptic overlord would be making this same argument in a thread about not blaming white people?

You mean like that kid that shot up a church yes I would, because I know that they do not reflect on people in my circle as I stated above and that must hold true of others outside my circle.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Before ISIS has enough time to recruit these 'newly radicalized' muslims that will supposidly result from the world's backlash at global Islamism, western armed forces should join France in war against ISIS, to crush them once and for all.
Then there wouldn't be any 'recruiters' left.
In such extreme cases such as ISIS, pacifism is definitely not the answer.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Political Correctness..

Ok here we go

What people believe about 'IS' and their Belief System, and Why it as do all belief systems, have created this messed up reality fully due to psychopaths in high places no doubt. Political Correctness is but a part of it, but still pertinent to the subject in question i believe. The world will never be Candle lit hug fests or lets all get along and love each other get togethers on week ends, perhaps weed-ends, but nevertheless getting back to the point.

This is so close to how some people think it's frightening to think what the world will look like in say, 5 more years. Again, i'm not the only one who thinks this, there are many i'm just the one posting it because well, not only did it make me laugh in a holy 'shirt' kinda way but it's life. Maybe there should be a War on Political Correctness not Terrorism.

edit on 11/17/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
a reply to: PublicOpinion

We're labelled anyway, so it doesn't matter if the owners validate the notion? Is that what you're telling me?

1. ATS members do not deserve to be labelled as stupid simply because maniacs exist.

2. I'm not the first or only member to notice the agenda. SO's reference to 'privately owned forums' serves to highlight what I really think he wanted to say throughout this thread. 'This is my forum, you will follow my line of discussion'. This will alienate members. I, myself, am considering abandoning SO's personal blog in favour of an open forum. I'm sure there are others.

3. Correct. It's also in danger of being seen as a safe haven for extremists, should the staff insist on validating that connection.

We're seeing crackdowns across the board. Even ATS is becoming hostile to their own.

Well, look at that. Guess SO's right, the strategy is working. SO is proof of that, well intentioned or not. ISIS forced him to assail his own.

I have my disagreements with SO(I'm sure he's heartbroken), but to say he has made this his personal blog, and that he forces his line of discussion is disingenuous at best. You've been around here long enough to see with your own eyes that isn't true. Unless you consider the T&C's and civility "his personal blog".
I may not agree wholly with his assessment on this topic, but to say he doesn't have a valid point is obstinacy, imo. Nevertheless, you are entitled to your opinion, as we all are. As long as we follow SO's "line of discussion".

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
The difference is the Christian's prophet said no such thing and never instructed any such thing. For Muslims', you could say that it's a core belief of their prophet.

There are a great many modern Christians who consider Moses to be a major prophet because of what's in Deuteronomy (among other things). And Deuteronomy, written by Moses, directs the Israelites to kill all those who believe in other Gods (chapter 17).

And in Acts 3:23, Peter attributes this to Jesus: "And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people," referencing Old Testament directives to kill non-believers.

He did say CHRISTIAN, not Hebrew.

I'm seriously thinking you're totally against muslim bashing. Totally sympathetic to their cause, but seriously anti Christian. That would explain a lot. A whole lot.

So lets get back to this response, shall we?

There is a big difference in how people are told to behave in the Old vs New Testament. Even if it was combined in all one neat little package, the difference is, Christians as a whole, do not behead other faiths, take slaves, conquer other countries.

Don't you dare sit on the same cliché that has been running rampant here that "We goto war in the name of GOD" or some other humdrum to that effect. We goto war because of some snot nosed, silver spooned bureaucrat who hungers for power. That has nothing to do with Christianity. If I become leader of a country and say I'm going to war because of Winnie the Poo, that doesn't make Poo a war monger.

Also, there is a big difference between saying "Everyone go out and kill unbelievers" vs "my god will come back and kill all nonbelievers".

In this day and age, CHRISTIANS do not go all jihad and behead people. Certain sects of muslim do!

Stop using a past in a book that many of you don't claim to believe as evidence of what was done 3000+ years ago against people who believe today. When you start showing me Christian Jihad taking over countries and snuffing the life out of it's people, then and only then can you talk about how the bible reflects their actions.

Pick up a history book and read about The Serbian genocide against Muslims between 1992-1995. The three major players were Serbians, Croatians and "Ethnic" Albanians. All were basically descended from the same common racial type and divided solely on the basis of religious identity. The Serbians and Croatians were Orthodox Christian and Catholic, respectively and the Albanians were Muslim. By 1995 over 200,000 Muslims had been systematically murdered and buried in mass graves, 20,000 were "missing" and nearly 2,000,000 were displaced and considered refugees from their homes. This happened less than 25 years ago.

(post by LeoStarchild removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Don't you dare sit on the same cliché that has been running rampant here that "We goto war in the name of GOD" or some other humdrum to that effect. We goto war because of some snot nosed, silver spooned bureaucrat who hungers for power. That has nothing to do with Christianity.

People have been warring in the name of Christ since before the Crusades. Whether or not they were manipulated into doing so is beside the point. They killed in Christ's name.

In this day and age, CHRISTIANS do not go all jihad and behead people. Certain sects of muslim do!

Granted, the Inquisition and other atrocities are long past. But "Christian" barbarity is alive and well in 2015. Mosques are being set on fire while people are praying inside. True, it's not beheading, but “Christians” have always been more into hate-burning.

17 July 2015: Christian extremists burned down an Indonesian mosque on Eid ul Fitr

Christians in Tolikara, Papua (Indonesia) stormed a masjid today while people were performing the Eid Prayer setting the masjid on fire and attacking the worshipers with stones. The Christians also burned down 6 homes and 11 stores; and forcing Muslims to flee the city.

And then of course there's the Ku Klux Klan...

Inside the KKK: Chilling images reveal how white supremacists are still carrying out cross burnings and 'sacred rituals' hidden from society across the U.S.

Inside the Ku Klux Klan

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Pick up a book and read about 'just one' account of White Genocide, it's not all about just one group.

Aren't whites the minority in the world now?

“There is no place in modern Europe for ethnically pure states. That’s a 19th century idea and we are trying to transition into the 21st century, and we are going to do it with multi-ethnic states.” – General Wesley Clark -- He's the guy who said this ...

Gen. Wesley Clark: “ISIS Got Started With Funding From Our Closest Allies”.
Gen. Wesley Clark: “ISIS Got Started With Funding From Our Closest Allies”

whitegenocideproject.com...

edit on 11/17/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: haman10
Some people try to justify their feelings towards muslims by saying that they do not hate us , but they are simply cautious about us .

Yay ! Thanks for that.

You see that guy over there? He's a muzzy . Be cautious. He might just blow up .

Sounds pretty much bigotry to me.

So if you're equating caution with bigotry, like the OP is equating bigotry with being stupid, then I'm unashamedly and admittedly a stupid bigot, a label I don't mind as bestowed on me by anonymous posters on a site that don't even know me. If being stupid and cautious means the preservation and safety of my loved ones, then label me all you want. Your opinions mean squat to me.
Funny you should talk about labelling , cause you labeled me with terrorism just because i'm a muslim and yet i'm the bad guy here as i called those who are "cautious" near me bigots .

It's exactly like saying : "i'm cautious near black people cause i want to protect my family" !! well boohoo ! you're a racist and there is no need to sugar coat it .

"I'm cautious near jews cause i wanna protect my family " thats exactly the same .

So don't turn this on me pal . it's not me calling you a bigot , it's you calling me a terrorist .

judging people based on religion , affiliation and race is the definition of bigotry to me .

i cannot tolerate people who are judgemental towards others due to their skin color , or the holy book they read . yep , i'll punch them right in the face where ever i see them .

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Radical muslims have been killing people before 9/11 attacks and are starting a caliphate now.No one is making them kill more people.
Germany just arrested 3 ISIS connections with Paris attack.People are so niave and gullible with the Islamic world and how dangerous it realy is.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I find threads like these hilarious and hypocritical. People on ATS are more than willing to throw all Christians under the bus when one person comes out and believes the earth is 6,000 years old. When one pastor gets caught in a gay affair. When one church is being stupid and protesting funerals. There's thousands of derailed Christianity threads on this site. But we shouldn't blame Muslim people for the countless acts of Muslim terrorism.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Unfortunately it appears to me that the MSM and Christians , including many of my friends are looking to cause a holy war by denouncing Islam as a terrorist religion. Like you said and as many of us can see , that’s what these radical @shh0le Muslims want.

My Christian friends also jump to the "If the radicals are the minority, then why doesn't the Muslim community speak up" .

As I explain to them that there are plenty of Muslims decrying these terrorists acts but that the MSM is not interested in peace nor fair and balanced reporting , hence they don't report those stories. However, they refuse to see that point.

Than I put it in a way that they can related to " Its like how the MSM primarily reports white against black violence and racism"

The MSM likes to create a victim and villain classification of groups of people to make money, to keep the masses separated and fighting among each other.

As for the people ready to attack and go to war with Muslim I have a little more sympathy for, because they are being spoon fed hate and a one sided story with an agenda. Its the MSM that sickens me for spreading hate and violence at the cost of human life and knowingly doing it.

I Just happened to run across this from the Muslim Developer of VLC

mailman.videolan.org...

P.S: I'm not sure this is the right place to say this, but I really have to say it somewhere.

The recent terrorist attacks in Paris were horrible, and even more so to us since they were executed in the name of Islam.

We have been suffering for years from the Jihadists. Only here they do not just perform terrorist attacks, they have veritable armies (multi-national armies), and their own state. They control large areas of land, have their own oil fields, and receive direct support from many countries in the region. Namely from rich oil-producing countries.

So they are never in short supply of funding, fighters, heavy weaponry, or even media outlets. They have the power to wage wars and to invade cities. We in Aleppo, or more accurately in the western part of the city still under the control of the Syrian government, were at one point under siege by them, and they were on the verge of breaking in.

It's only through God's mercy that we are not under their rule now. We are Moslems too, you know. But we are still considered infidels by those lunatics, because we are against their so called Islamic state, and against their retarded, barbaric version of Islam.

I just wanted to assure you guys that we are as disgusted by these atrocities as any one of you. That those lunatics do not speak for anyone or act on behalf of anyone but themselves. My condolences to all those affected in any way by these attacks.

However, I'm not sure I agree with censoring stupidity but I respect your right as owners to make the rules as you see fit as you are not holding me captive.

I think there is some value to having someone make a stupid comment and having others come back at that comment with valid counter points.

Despite admitting there argument is invalid the counter points often sinks in their grey matter. I have seen it here in ATS myself where some users have held some views later to do a 180 on them. I see it as a way to inform others and an opportunity to challenge our thought process.

just my .02 FWIW

edit on 201130America/ChicagoTue, 17 Nov 2015 09:20:56 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

You mean like that kid that shot up a church yes I would, because I know that they do not reflect on people in my circle as I stated above and that must hold true of others outside my circle.

Yeah, just like that. Can you show me when Skeptic Overlord or anyone made a thread like this after that shooting?

There is also an awful lot of people (including the OP) demonizing Christians while they say not to demonize Muslims. It's very typical of the contradictory position most liberals take. Even guys like Bill Maher have called it out.
edit on 17-11-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

judging people based on religion , affiliation and race is the definition of bigotry to me. i cannot tolerate people who are judgemental towards others due to their skin color , or the holy book they read. yep , i'll punch them right in the face where ever i see them.

Then you would also agree that it is bigoted for religious people to judge those outside of their religion as lost or condemned by god, because they don't believe in the "one true religion"?

edit on 11/17/2015 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
Radical muslims have been killing people before 9/11 attacks and are starting a caliphate now.No one is making them kill more people.
Germany just arrested 3 ISIS connections with Paris attack.People are so niave and gullible with the Islamic world and how dangerous it realy is.
Excuse me my friend , can we safely assume that all christians are bad people cause they killed million upon millions of innocents in 2 separate world wars ? did anyone make them to kill all those people ?

can we safely assume that all jews are bad people cause Israeli government bombs innocents in palestine ?

can we say all buddhists are bad people cause they killed thousands of muslims in rohingya , myanmar ? did anyone make them to kill all those people ?

These questions don't need answering cause that will be stating the obvious .

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I've never agreed with you more.

S&F

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Freenrgy2

We all talk so tough and try to sound so smart behind our keyboards, but I promise you this, if these attacks had impacted you on a very personal level, you wouldn't be so nonchalant about your position. You'd want vengeance; you'd want them to no longer be a threat.

How could you promise that when there have been examples in the real world where people have forgiven the ones that have killed their family.

www.dailymail.co.uk... l

www.irinnews.org...

But, the point is that, for MUSLIMS, death of the infidels is a core tenant of their beliefs.

Is It?

Do you know who are the infidels?

Threads like this are pointless as it's nothing more than Monday morning quarterbacking on an issue that you can't possibly relate to 100% unless you were there.

And here you are in this pointless discussion,

What does that say about you?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

The next time you see a member calling for Christians to be nuked, deported or executed alert the staff.

If you want to criticise Muslims, that's cool. If you take issue with interpretations of Qur'an law or the pillars of Islam, that's cool too. Don't like that inequality in Afghanistan? Say so! Don't get me started on hateful Clerics inciting violence against their host nations...

All that's being asked is that ATS stops being used as a platform for mindless hatred and extremism. There's a massive difference between passionate criticism and hateful calls for the slaughter of millions.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join