It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacks in Paris a preclude of things to come in the U.S.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IlTuoFratello

You predicted this? You sound like Alex Jones. It's not hard to predict a terrorist attack, it's inevitable thanks for the foreign policies in the Middle East.

You suggest we downsize police forces and institute private security? One example of how bad that idea is rests, ironically enough, in the Middle East. Blackwater, look them up.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
What did France have to do with Syria?

No they just picked a soft target.

Arm your self and fight back

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: IlTuoFratello

It is concerning to say the least, however we live in fear they win..

That is correct and perhaps thats the intent of such attacks. If this event shows signs of a false flag (Russian made guns used apparently,) then who is/are the terrorists?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Willtell

This has nothing to do with Obama, for god's sake!

Can't there be one thing that happens in this world that isn't blamed on Obama?

The most powerful man in the world goes limp and who has the power to exterminate this disease and you don’t think it is relevant?

So what do you want to do go arm all of us and go around looking for ISIS?

Or elect some leaders that will do what has to be done

I admit the right thing wont likely be done
since too may people don't know how to think straight

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yay SWILLS! The voice of reason.

Seriously.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Jihaddi John for one.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
What did France have to do with Syria?

No they just picked a soft target.

Arm your self and fight back

Maybe this

France's only aircraft carrier to leave for Middle East on Wednesday

This isn't a Syrian attack on France, it's an ISIS attack on France

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

A president with no vision or perspective...

...is NO President at all!

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I am an American. It really rubs me the wrong way that someone is trying to take a tragedy in another country and try and make it about the U.S. Can we forget about the U.S. for a minute? We are not the only country in existence, nor are we the most important, as much as we like to think so.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
No, I don't think so. I see no reason why the US should fear this because it is far easier for ISIS to get dozens or hundreds of armed people in place in Europe. A concerted campaign of such events will destroy the political institutions of Europe, it will turns its people against certain groups and lead to widespread guerilla warfare.

The impact of such a chain of events would be at least as significant as similar happening in the US but is far more likely to be successful due to numbers of potential sleepers.

It is on that basis I conclude that the interests of these people are likely to be directed towards Europe and more or less ignoring the US.

There are others, particularly the difference in political views, history and culture between Europe and the US making us much easier to divide.

If i was in the US, I'd probably sleep a little easier thinking Europe was in the firing line. That said, I now no longer feel safe in my home country and my government does not think a free citizen should have the means to protect himself and family. We're the softest of soft targets.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I love how people will say they are armed for every scenario, acting like Americas walls are made of bullets.

When in reality most have just a deer rifle and a handful of bullets, maybe a shotgun and a handful of bullets. I highly doubt more than 1% of Americas arms owners actually have a stockpile of thousands of bullets. Yet act like we are invincible.

Yea my 6 rounds I been keeping in my pistol are really going to carry me through the next civil uprising. But hey I'm armed to the teeth right? Nothing can hurt me because I'm a naive American...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Every man, woman, and child in the United States of America should be issued with two handguns, and at least 1000 rounds of ammunition.
This should be deducted from taxes.
As children learn to read and write they should also be learning how to maintain their firearms.
Once every man, woman, child carries 2 firearms on their person day in, day out, things will be totally different for our way of life.
No violent outbreaks will ever occur again. No lives will ever be lost.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlTuoFratello
Good evening ATS, From America.

Approximately 2 years ago I predicted that the type of attack that we saw carried out today in Paris would eventually occur in the U.S. and around the world. Turns out that I was, sadly, correct again.

Within the U.S. it is not a matter of stopping it anymore, but a question of when, how large, how promptly can we respond and what can we do to mitigate deaths?

I have argued that anti-gun laws and ammo control have left U.S. citizens weak and as (a) sitting duck(s). Instead of uniting around our civil self-defensible rights, we are divided and having them removed.

I would put forth the idea that private security within state, county, city and local municipalities, assisted by funding from the federal government, is the best way to bolster our national defense. I believe that putting more money into our businesses for hiring private security is the way to go, and to begin slightly downsizing our police force while having instead emergency response teams for situations like this. We must also allow our citizens to arm themselves, both concealed and unconcealed. In fact, I believe that a heavy pro-gun movement based on the good of the nation and the defense of our citizens in response to an attack like this, would be in the best interest of all of us here in America. This is not only economically feasible, but would save us money by downsizing police forces and funneling money into our businesses.

When the attacks happen here, how long will it take a police force to respond? Will it echo and mirror the events that have recently unfolded in Paris? Seemingly no citizens had any fire-arm self-defense. No security could, would, nor did seem to put a stop to it. By the time the police finally arrived and were able to even enter the facility(s), it appears that the gunmen had already emptied all of their ammo out of their Kalashnikov nozzles and onto the defenseless innocents resulting in mass casualties that a faster response may have been able to halt.

Building a wall

I believe that Americans must understand that putting a wall at our Borders, both borders, is in our best interest not only in the short term, but in the long term. It will not solve the problems that we already face, such as those who are already here. If it can happen in Paris, then no doubt it can and will happen in the U.S. They are already here. This is not only good for our country's security, but for the security of the countries that border us. A wall will protect, with a higher degree of measure, both sides from future illegal and unaccounted for entry at our landlocked borders.

Mending Political Divide

I believe that it is important for Americans to remember that we have freedom of speech, through which we often disagree, argue and verbally joust, but that in a time of vital threat from foreign entities, agents, persons, groups and/or countries, that we put our differences aside and protect our lives, our families, our country and our livelihood together.

The Media's Incompetent Assessment of the Paris Attacks

You will hear military officials and government officials, along with political pundits and news anchors spouting off at how this is such a well orchestrated and sophisticated attack. This is a completely false analysis. The sheer simplicity of these attacks is what is in fact one element that makes them so dangerous and so difficult to stop. A few willing men with a couple fire-arms and explosives is all that it takes. Nothing more than a couple days of actual planning and staying off the radar.

These Are Religious Attacks

The politically correct speech and normality of lingual reference in regards to these attacks is the adjective "terror". Though these attacks are indeed terroristic and do instill terrorism, these attacks are religious in their nature. Every. Single. One. Of. Them. This is, more accurately, religious terrorism, and even more precisely, Islamic terrorism.

Please, your thoughts, your ideas, your insights, your critiques?
what's the name of the PR agency that paid you to post this?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

wiki

if you say that obama isn't doing enough to fight ismalic terrorist, you are two things:

1. ignorant
2. disinfo agent

lets not even get into NSA constantly watching us. and if you want to get into the syrian intervention, im ready to teach you a few thing.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I agree. Obama is ineffective, wants America to fail, and probably wants an attack.

Lots of us knew that many years ago, but we had a media that salivated all over him and spoke of him as if he were a messiah. I was disgusted back then and I still am now.

When attacks happen here in America, as they have today in France, I want everyone to remember just who is to blame.

Yes, the chosen one who was only a devious, deceptive, weak empty suit.

edit on 13-11-2015 by Seeker Mom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Seeker Mom

putin? is that you

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The hell you say? He is supposedly the leader of the free world for the past 7 years and what has he done other than make us weak, vulnerable, and a laughing stock to the rest of the world. Our country is divided as heck and there will be total hell to pay for this incompetence.

Wake up, people!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seeker Mom
a reply to: Metallicus

The hell you say? He is supposedly the leader of the free world for the past 7 years and what has he done other than make us weak, vulnerable, and a laughing stock to the rest of the world. Our country is divided as heck and there will be total hell to pay for this incompetence.

Wake up, people!!!

What will you do, not vote for him in 2016? Speaking as a Brit - he's exactly as you describe. He's a joke on the international stage. He's also failed to deliver anything the hope that came from his original campaign generated.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113

wiki

if you say that obama isn't doing enough to fight ismalic terrorist, you are two things:

1. ignorant
2. disinfo agent

lets not even get into NSA constantly watching us. and if you want to get into the syrian intervention, im ready to teach you a few thing.

lol

Go head give it a try kid

I have a sense of humor

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
IlTuoFratello is acting like Islam isn't just another cloak for the state to hide behind while they exercise power & terror over innocent people. It's easy to put the blame on an amorphous crowd of 1.5 billion regular people who happen to be of a certain faith in order to hide the real culprits that use that faith as an excuse to oppress and kill. These attacks, just like all of the attacks done in the name of Islam, are not religiously motivated. They are political. The same kind of political motivation you're employing when you post threads using these sorts of tragedies as a way to incentivize walling us in and hiring private security (PRIVATE SECURITY? WHAT? YOU MEAN MERCENARIES? YOU WANT THE STATE TO HIRE MERCENARIES TO "DEFEND" US?). The only thing you predicted two years ago was that you'd be able to find a reason to post this disgusting self-imprisonment rhetoric. The only people that believe you are the ones being paid to do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join