It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacks in Paris a preclude of things to come in the U.S.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Assad used chemical weapons on civilians. so dethroning Assad was the same as taking out Saddam. this is enough of a reason to intervene in any country. do you think dictators using chemical weapons on civilians is okay?

you may be older than me maybe by a few years but im sure i know more than you on this subject. that much is apparent.
edit on 13-11-2015 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seeker Mom
a reply to: Metallicus

Our country is divided as heck and there will be total hell to pay for this incompetence.

It doesn't matter to President _____________ (fill in your president there).

The reason is that the full effect of the damage they do isn't felt by the people until they are long gone from office. Even then, when all of it is causing harm to people's lives, there are many that will not link the "then" to the "now" and will continue to romanticize President ____________.

You think it is a coincidence that the worst parts of Obamacare (ACA) still haven't taken affect yet?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113

Assad used chemical weapons on civilians. so dethroning Assad was the same as taking out Saddam. this is enough of a reason to intervene in any country. do you think dictators using chemical weapons on civilians is okay?

Actually, that whole scenario was actually worse. Obama and company literally told Assad (paraphrase), "There is a line in the sand that you better not cross... or else!" Assad jumped past that line and the United States did, precisely, NOTHING. What kind of message does THAT send to the world?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
I am an American. It really rubs me the wrong way that someone is trying to take a tragedy in another country and try and make it about the U.S. Can we forget about the U.S. for a minute? We are not the only country in existence, nor are we the most important, as much as we like to think so.
........I would predict we will see even more plots to kill Muslims in America or at least attempts to gin up the hate toward the Muslim community.
This, of course, makes ISIS ecstatic because the terror group would use any attacks on American Muslims as proof that the West hates Islam and that Muslims should join them.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa

originally posted by: calstorm
I am an American. It really rubs me the wrong way that someone is trying to take a tragedy in another country and try and make it about the U.S. Can we forget about the U.S. for a minute? We are not the only country in existence, nor are we the most important, as much as we like to think so.
........I would predict we will see even more plots to kill Muslims in America or at least attempts to gin up the hate toward the Muslim community. .

That's a big statement right there. "Even more plots to kill Muslims in America"....? Can you show me some of the ones that have already happened?

The ginning up hate part..... without a doubt. I would suggest that the muslim communities get out in front of this and some time tomorrow morning send some kind of message of solidarity to the victims and give a kind reminder that those nuts are the few, not the majority. I have to admit that sometimes the silence is deafening.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

I've heard Kalashnakovs (hope I spelt that right) were used. This ties Russia to these events just iike suspecions of a Russian made BUK missile being used to down MA17 tied Russia to the dowing of MA17.

Those are a very popular weapon and are widely available all over the world. If someone had used a Smith & Wesson, would you think the U.S. was behind it?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

i dont understand "did nothing". he did what i would have done, give aid to the rebels fighting Assad and train them without putting any troops in syria. its until very recently that US boots will be put into the syrian front, and hopefully they will all come home.

i mean how would it look is he invaded Syria Iraq style after being nagged to hell about leaving Iraq?

the CIA and black ops work differently when it comes to taking out Dictators

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: vjr1113

i dont understand by "did nothing". he did what i would have done, give aid to the rebels fighting Assad
You know who is fighting Assad.... friggen ISIS !!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

and the rebels. Assad is fighting the rebels and isis and russia is helping him. this is a fact. it's a complete mess i know but the US military does not side with ISIS, as if i have to say this.

ISIS wants the regime out to build a caliphate, the rebels want to rebuild the state.
edit on 13-11-2015 by vjr1113 because: (sp)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

Ah, yes. The "moderate rebels."

Yes, it is a complete mess because the lack of action by the Leader of the Free World caused a vacuum and nature deplores a vacuum.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IlTuoFratello

My husband and I own many guns and have a surplus of ammo.

Not because we are crazy gun nuts but, because we have the right to own them.

We enjoy target practicing and the occasional hunt. (when we kill an animal, we eat the meat (I will NEVER feel guilty for that)

Is it that wrong for a woman to want to be able to protect herself? I cannot physically match the force of a man....what else do I have to protect myself.

I'm not saying I WANT to shoot someone...because I absolutely DO NOT want that.

But, I also do NOT want a man, or anyone else, to overpower me.

When people see a gun, whether it's loaded or not, it makes them reconsider their goals and/or options.

I will never feel bad for being a gun owner.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

with great power comes great responsibility.

we have to try to make the middle east a safe place to live for everyone. even if we fail. if we can help then we should. the question has always been to what degree, and what will happen if we let dictators gas their own people? what will happen when islamist extremists get enough power to hurt you?

these are the things that run thru a president's mind.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
With the recent attacks in Paris and the bombing of a Russian airliner, I think the world is heading for a major upheaval in the middle east.

These attacks give more credence to the right for Americans to arm themselves. Unfortunately the world today is a very dangerous place. We can no longer expect to be safe in public gatherings. The world has an enemy that doesn't care about human life. Their beliefs are so skewed it's really hard to believe were seeing this kind of mentality in the 21st century.

ISIS has created enough enemies throughout the world and if they continue to enrage the countries being targeted, I wouldn't be surprised if a coalition of countries agree to drop a nuke in Syria to send a clear and decisive message to ISIS. This isn't like fighting a conventional war, they're walking among us. ISIS is walking a very dangerous and self-destructive path for them and for the entire world.

God have mercy on us all.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22once.unicornmedia.com... chell_pwms_130619/content.once

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Four F-15s orbiting San Francisco, from a friend.

Just a fly by. Sometimes the military likes to show the people what their money is being used for..

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: introvert

This has nothing to do with Obama, for god's sake!

Can't there be one thing that happens in this world that isn't blamed on Obama?

Just because we pick on Obama doesn't me it isn't his fault.

Please explain how this has anything to do with Obama.

Libya, creating a power vacuum by getting rid of Gaddafi and a rise of ISIS
Syria, trying to do what he did in Libya, aiding ISIS who posed as "rebels" against Assad and thus giving birth to their existance

Granted it wasn't Obama directly, it was the UN (Nato ? I can't remember which one it was). But US, France and UK were the major players in creating the problems in Libya like they are the major players in creating the trouble in Syria. So it's as much Obama's fault as it is Cameron's as it is Hollande's

Pulling troops from Iraq and Afghanistan did not help either

it started with the Iraq war. Later Obama in order to fulfill his campaign (political) promise withdrew too many troops too quickly (against his generals suggestions). All this left a vacuum. Ohh wasn't it Obama who wimped out on the red line in Syria? Anyway what's done is done and we are seeing the affects of two presidents #ty foreign policy!

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I want to be clear that I am NOT talking about members of the Armed Forces here, because I know under the right leadership they could and would make quick work of these savages ....I'm talking about just the general population.... but...

When one side is willing to blow themselves up and die for their side, and we won't kill for ours.... what do you think will happen?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
a reply to: FlyingFox

Four F-15s orbiting San Francisco, from a friend.

Just a fly by. Sometimes the military likes to show the people what their money is being used for..

On of the extras of going to Virginia Beach during the summer....

I won't pretend to know what kind of jets they are....

But sitting on the beach or at an outside bar or the balcony while 4 or 5 jets scream through the skies on regular intervals.... absolutely awesome.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: madenusa
a reply to: eluryh22once.unicornmedia.com... chell_pwms_130619/content.once

Seriously? The dudes with the wanna-be Ray Gun? Fantastic!

Good luck with all that.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

Is much proof Turkey and SA did that gas attack to blame it on Syria to get the US involved

Hersh Vindicated? Turkish Whistleblowers Corroborate Story on False Flag Sarin Attack in Syria

This is quite the bombshell delivered by two CHP deputies in the Turkish parliament and reported by Today’s Zaman, one of the top dailies in Turkey.It supports Seymour Hersh’s reporting that the notorious sarin gas attack at Ghouta was a false flag orchestrated by Turkish intelligence in order to cross President Obama’s chemical weapons “red line” and draw the United States into the Syria war to topple Assad.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join