It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God loves you, and I believe some of you may have experienced him in your life without knowing it.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
It's starting to sound like the best way to get into Heaven is to have a good lawyer at those pearly gates.

Exactly. Jesus is our defense attorney. He is called our High Priest, and that is the role of the priest before God. They were spiritual attornies.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Some souls believe and know divine ideals that are regardless of religion. Those ideals prove what they are and how they will act. No faith in religion doctrine needed.

They already know and are aware of the divine spirit and need no one to stand in between to tell them what have already been revealed thru spiritual experience.

Some soul action in a lifetime is in itself a prayer to those ideals. They do not need to belong to any grouping on earth since they ave already proven they belong somewhere else.

When dealing with divine who wants to teach questioning and not accepting things thru faith will be the ultimate tool to share knowledge and increase awareness to transcend the present limited knowledge.

Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.

Knocking on the door is an action.

Some Christians know the holy spirit by experience. Some do not have a clue at all.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Yes the Gospels are perfect, yet you insist on reducing them to a legalistic public service announcement.

If you want to understand the Gospels, you need tge OT. If you ignore the OT, you are making Christ out to be a hypocrite. Jesus quoted the OT dogmatically. His Parables where all OT centered. His prophecies ALL came from OT. He was called the Lamb of God.

Legalistic?

Two laws?

as opposed to a stack of nonsense?

Really?

If you want to understand the Gospels,

Sigh...

Please don't...

Do you see the theme here. Jesus was the fulfillment of the OT.

right... he outed the junk and showed people the true God...

He came to die for our sins. That is the only way to the Father.

I seem to recall him saying "the truth, the life, and THE WAY was the only way to the Father...

And he wasn't a couch potato...

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

If he thought the lord was unjust in the OT how come he never mentions that?

And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.

Jesus Vs The Imposter

edit on 7-11-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

How do you know his true nature that others don't?
nothing existed before him, He created his nature, he created his Justice, He created heaven and hell just like he created sin and the human mind. And if he is perfect then his creations should be perfect too.

Why Justice would be above him? and how justified it is to suffer forever for what he made you to be?

I know his nature as I can determine from Scripture. No God did not create his nature. In philosophy things have something called their essence. Somethings essence is the attribute or set of attributes that make thing what it fundamentally is, and which it has by necessity, and without which it loses its identity. So there are certain aspects defined of God in the Bible that if he loses he ceases to God. Your logic is flawed. A perfect creature is a subjective view. There is also a whole part of biblical theology that called the fall. The world and man were in different states at the time of Eden in Biblical theology. And no you aren't forced to sin. Sinning is a choice and its part of your essence. God gave you free will and your choices are sometimes sinful just like mine are. But Jesus loves you and he took care of you, all you have to do is accept that they did that for you.

How about all the people that never heard the story of God or Jesus in their life? Or the people lived Bc all around the globe?
is it fair for them to suffer eternal punishment?
is that justice?

I am not entirely sure they would go to hell. I can't find the verse but I am pretty sure their is one about people being judged by the law on their heart if they never hear. Maybe I am wrong though.

How about all those poor atheists who need evidence to believe him,
why they should burn in hell for using their logic?

Well like the OP said I think you have already experienced him in your life. Because God is Love. When you experience love you experience the presence of God. I could sit here and argue about how Christianity is more logical and blah blah blah but honestly that would keep me from expressing how much God loves you and I think that would be a disservice to you.

This was one of the points in the OP. People come and they want to argue about verses so much that they miss the message. I have answers to all those questions but they are not gonna change your mind. Jesus and experiencing his love is the thing that will change your mind.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.

From a full bible view this is not a contradiction between character it is a difference between the relationships. Jesus is the Lamb of God. He came to appease Gods justice for us because he loves us. In the OT god still poured out judgment on nations.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

From a full bible view this is not a contradiction between character it is a difference between the relationships. Jesus is the Lamb of God. He came to appease Gods justice for us because he loves us.

Alright... from a full bible view

After Jesus died his followers were not warriors...

The OT people were, and continued to be even after his death while "Christians" were persecuted bigtime for their "superstitious" beliefs... according to the writers of "early Christianity", and im just not in the mood to go over that at this time of night lol...

In the OT god still poured out judgment on nations.

I know right?

Except Jesus did say this is NOT his kingdom...

edit on 7-11-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Jesus and experiencing his love is the thing that will change your mind.

How exactly do you "experience" his love?

I'm truly curious...

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I respect your views and feel satisfied with your well given answers although I think differently.

My Father was a priest and I used to be a believer too, who later became a pantheist.

Although I don't accept the majority of the New testament and I have a bad opinion of the O.T.(torah),
I respect and follow the philosophical teachings, values and morality of Jesus
(ancient Greek philosophy, see the seven sages)
and I celebrate and follow the Pagan mythological symbolic figure of Jesus, just like our ancestors did with Dionysus.
(born from Virgo visited by 3 stars at Orion belt following the bright star, sacrificed for mankind and return to life after 3 days etc).

Anyway I understand what you and the op mean although I don't call it the love of God anymore.
Spirituality doesn't really need dogma and religion.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Maybe you have experienced Ganesha or Odin in your life, you just didn't know it.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Sure, the Bible calls us sinners by nature, but a true look at yourself and anyone can easily identify as what the bible calls a sinner.

We are not perfect. Sometimes we let our emotions get the best of us. Sometimes we make mistakes. Sometimes terrible mistakes. It's in our nature.

So much of what the Bible considers sin is beyond silly. No amount of reflection is going to change that.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Doesn't Abraham intercede for Sodom, and the Abraham continues to question the lord about what he would do if one righteous person was among them.

So then it was god's love that determined all the babies and children in Sodom & Gomorrah were just too wicked to live?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
God is a female.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oannes
God is a female.

Seems that one of the counting crows thinks the same.
Regardless from my point of view gender is not important. Gender do not automatically control behavior. If something is divine it is it regardless of physical form.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I haven't read all the pages of discussion yet, but just wanted to say the OP gave me some things to think about.

Great post.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I can't help but feel that the whole Jesus died for your sins is very death cultish. Paul was a deceiver, and the embodiment of Jesus(works) has been cast aside, hence a thoroughly corrupt church as the result. A church that symbolically eat's the body of Jesus and drinks his blood has obviously lost the plot.

Stop celebrating his death, that's not what Jesus wanted, that's not why he came here!

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
So then it was god's love that determined all the babies and children in Sodom & Gomorrah were just too wicked to live?

Those children are now adults in Heaven.

Had God not judged that place, they would most likely all be in hell right now instead.

This isn't rocket science, God simply sees the future and He does what is best.

In heaven, children are there, all the ones who died young, in childbirth, or were aborted.
Link

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb The OP is so beautifully put and I believe your words to be the truth. Thank you for taking the time.
I often come across people who may or may not be a Christian, yet I believe God can work through everyone and strives to bring all of his creations home.
When I find myself doing good acts, I am able to recognize the source and thank him for any grace I have is not mine but has been passed through me by the Lord.
Letting God love you and work through you is not always easy as human beings, because we want credit for the good things we do and say. This free will he has given us can also put a wall up between ourselves and the Source of all encompassing love. When we break down what many call ego, love can flow freely.
Having the ability to love and care about one another is the greatest gift We can receive and I thank God for putting Jesus Christ in my heart. Jesus Christ told us the greatest commandment is to love one another if I am not mistaken. So many Christians forget this and give the rest of the true followers a bad rep, so I say, pray for everyone that they receive Christ into their hearts... whether they know it or not

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oannes
God is a female.

According to Ian Clayton, John Paul Jackson, and Neville Johnson, four of the seven Spirits are feminine and three are masculine.

All three teachers individually arrived at the same conclusions concerning the seven Spirits referred to in Isaiah and Revelations.

These 7 Spirits are separate spirits who are in the throne room of God. They are additional spirits to the Holy Spirit. These are our tutors (teach/instruct) in the realms of the kingdom, to present us in the courts of the king in his mountain as mature mandated sons of God. When we have learned all we need to, then God can release us to bring his kingdom to every stratosphere of the kingdom he has set up. This sets up God's nature and light in us. When you manifest all of these, you emit white.

These spirits search to and fro on the earth for men willing to be tutored. They seal us for position, by the ring of the Father. They declare "mature son". They give us a throne. Jesus fully functioned in all these spirits. When Jesus was transfigured, he was a mature son, and was revealed in white. He was glorified - and he had the manifestation of all 7 spirits in him, fully acknowledged as the Son.

The 7 spirits manifest the nature of God and his kingdom. We are tutored, equipped, and mandated in our spirit man to become a mature son. This is God's Education System. This whole system is based on spirits educating us. These are teachers. They come to teach us. Teachers under greater teachers under greater teachers under God.

The Seven Spirits of God

This teaching is a huge box-breaking mind-bender that will challenge all of your previous notions of God the Father and the Spirit of Wisdom as depicted in the Bible. If the Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom, what is Wisdom itself? What does it lead to? How do you obtain it? What do you do once you get it? How do you engage with it? Or is it literally a ‘her’? Have you ever wondered about the Spirit of Wisdom? When we read about her in Proverbs, we think about her as a notion, or a mindset, or a gift. But, could she be more? Could she actually be a heavenly being of some sort? Can we engage with her? What would happen if we did engage with her?

Who is the Spirit of Wisdom

Ian Clayton - Spirit of Wisdom

More on this in another thread here and here.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
originally posted by: Murgatroid

Those children are now adults in Heaven.

Had God not judged that place, they would most likely all be in hell right now instead.

This isn't rocket science, God simply sees the future and He does what is best.

Yeah this desert gods best is to kill everyone in horrific ways....and its minions then attempt to claim that the death of children is a good thing!....

Then they claim that this creature is the source of all morality......wth
edit on 7-11-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join