It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We Try To Prevent War? The Bible Says No

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It just makes no sense to blame people for using judgment.

I get what you are saying and what Jesus said but it is abused by many when they just make blanket statements claiming judgment is bad all together.

Point being is that judge not lest ye be judged does not mean to not rationalize a situation.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Can someone please tell me how, say, the Poles were supposed to have reacted when several million heavily armed Germans hoved over the horizon? Given them a stern talking to about morality?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Can someone please tell me how, say, the Poles were supposed to have reacted when several million heavily armed Germans hoved over the horizon? Given them a stern talking to about morality?

Honestly, with the haste that the Germans tookover, it seems like they let them in.

In "The Kingdom of Heaven is Within" Leo Tolstoy talks about how 'turning the other cheek' is something that is never practiced by "Christians" in powerful political positions.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Honestly, with the haste that the Germans tookover, it seems like they let them in.

In "The Kingdom of Heaven is Within" Leo Tolstoy talks about how 'turning the other cheek' is something that is never practiced by "Christians" in powerful political positions.

NO. Sorry, but no. Please look up the Polish campaign of 1939. There was nothing easy about it, especially not the fighting in Warsaw.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Our species has been waging wars since long, long before even the Old Testament was written. It's a curse, if you will; being a creature with so much potential but that chooses paths that take it to darker and darker ends.

I am a Christian but I have no chosen religion. I read and try to find messaged truths lost over the millenia through variations that have been inflicted through purposeful changes and then, translations. I believe they exist and as of this moment, I do honestly think we are in what many call, the end times.

So, why would my chosen deity want war for us? Because it is the cure for what ails us. The human condition is one of constant contrariness, hypocrisy and pointless, self-inflicted losses.
Maybe someday... if we survive, we'll outgrow it. We damned sure need to.

In closing, I may be wrong. In fact, I hope I am wrong for the sake of my children and grandchildren but... if I am not, then I hope and pray that they are prepared for what now approaches.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: redoubt

Using war to cure war? You can't solve a problem using the same sort of thinking that caused it.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Using war to cure war? You can't solve a problem using the same sort of thinking that caused it.

To the contrary - problems lead to resolutions, failures to successes.

You burn your finger even though your Mommy said that iron was hot - now ya know.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

You know the very first time I heard the saying "Using fire to fight fire." I couldn't understand how that is supposed to work. Why would I want to put fire on top of a fire to put it out? Of course I know now what it means, but I agree, using war to end war is dumb.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Like I said, it's all about the hypocrisy to me. Not about how bad judging actually is or not.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

NO. Sorry, but no. Please look up the Polish campaign of 1939. There was nothing easy about it, especially not the fighting in Warsaw.

Inform me, or show me some links.

From what I gather, there was a Defense Effort, but it was only a small political group... everyone else seemed complacent letting the Axis annex Poland. Whether that be because of the overwhelming military might, or ideological similarities, I do not know. The entire process took less than a month...

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

"... using war to end war is dumb."

Let me ask this... if you had been alive back in the late 1930s, early 1940s... would you have supported allowing Hitler to run a military rampage across Europe unchecked?

Just curious, is all...

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Like I said, it's all about the hypocrisy to me. Not about how bad judging actually is or not.

Yea and like I said without hypocrites the world would be worse off.

I could care less what you do if you are in private but if I am lost I do not mind a sinner giving me directions if they are right.

I am reminded of a person stuck in quick sand calling out for others not to follow him in and the person claiming that he has no right to give directions because he is drowning.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Not until we were attacked. So basically I would have wanted to stay isolationist until Pearl Harbor. I have no problems fighting a war to defend ourselves.

edit on 5-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The problem is that many Christians don't behave like that. I see too many Christians write people off completely just because they happened to have committed a sin that that particular Christian is particularly not fond of. I mean, gee, if you are a woman in this country that has gotten an abortion, you might as well just tattoo 666 on your forehead the way some Christians act.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

turn the other cheek.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I can agree with that

the reason many defend the bible is because there is the constant perversion of the text and if left unchecked could end with people saying the same thing as they do about the peaceful muslims and that is that they do not defend the message they claim they put forth.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You can't cure poison by putting more poison in the wound, too much of anything is bad for you. Like Tzar said, you can't cure war with more war, the idea is ridiculous within itself.

What we need is love which happens to be exactly what Jesus teaches us about. You cannot love those whom you kill in war. Those who believe Jesus will come back to kill unbelievers with war and extermination are sadly mistaken.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You can't cure poison by putting more poison in the wound, too much of anything is bad for you. Like Tzar said, you can't cure war with more war, the idea is ridiculous within itself.

What we need is love which happens to be exactly what Jesus teaches us about. You cannot love those whom you kill in war. Those who believe Jesus will come back to kill unbelievers with war and extermination are sadly mistaken.

Excellent reply.
You did definitely give thought. I am impressed and appreciative. Seriously, sincerely.

That noted, however... let me offer this: IF we were a race of creatures that was not prone to repeat mistakes, over and over and over... then I would immediately side with you. But, we're not.

We need a tough lesson to graduate. WW2 was not enough.

Thanks again

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt

"... using war to end war is dumb."

Let me ask this... if you had been alive back in the late 1930s, early 1940s... would you have supported allowing Hitler to run a military rampage across Europe unchecked?

Just curious, is all...

Jesus is just another hitler.

The kingdom of god is the fourth reich, if you take revelations seriously at all.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Your a nut with nutty opinions.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join