It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We Try To Prevent War? The Bible Says No

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The people that make the wars and profit in death and blood don't need a biblical excuse to create wars.

All they need is a catchy phrase like "war on terror" flag waving nationalism, institutional fear, a nice portion of racism, a compliant media propaganda machine, etc,
and the youth will stand in line to sign up for the "glory" that is WAR.

War is a business...

edit on 4-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The bible can say whatever you want it too. Misunderstanding of text is the root of satans power. You seem to be able to bend the word in the most negative ways. Thankfully you are full of it and the majority of Christians totally disagree with you.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

The bible can say whatever you want it too. Misunderstanding of text is the root of satans power. You seem to be able to bend the word in the most negative ways. Thankfully you are full of it and the majority of Christians totally disagree with you.

there is no misunderstanding where revelations in concerned as far as war goes. there WILL be war, the ultimate war...a war prophesied to conclude in xenocide followed by an authoritarian dictatorship aka monarchy. america will no longer exist. russia, china, australia, canada, mexico, and africa will no longer exist. their governments will be dissolved and their nations absorbed into the conglomerate that wears jesus' face. and thats just the people who survive the global purge. how many unworthy souls do you predict will be thrown into the lake of fire? thousands? millions? billions? go back and reread that chapter if you need to.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

after reading your post I find that you include many things that are not even found in revelations.

if you are saying that revelations is promoting violence then I have to ask if you believe we are in the end days?

I think you are jumping to conclusions based on misunderstandings.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

after reading your post I find that you include many things that are not even found in revelations.

if you are saying that revelations is promoting violence then I have to ask if you believe we are in the end days?

I think you are jumping to conclusions based on misunderstandings.

Revelations is about a war between those worthy of jehovah (including jehovah) and those not worthy, in which said war will determine the ultimate fate of everything and everyone. Revelations also concerns jesus' prophecied victory which is followed by the annihilation of every soul not aligned with jehovah and the instatement of the jehovah reich for the aforementioned "worthy" to live in. True or false?

edit on 4-11-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Too hard for my simple mind to follow.

It is clear that revelations is speaking of violence and I believe that will happen.

However believing that does not give me the right to war or hate.

Yes there will come a time when it happens but that has not come yet.

Hold fast and have faith that the lord will get us through without war and fighting.

Making a thread and trying to negate the fundamental tenants of Christianity is wrong.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It is clear that revelations is speaking of violence and I believe that will happen.

Hold fast and have faith that the lord will get us through without war and fighting.

Making a thread and trying to negate the fundamental tenants of Christianity is wrong.

Your back pedaling in concern to revelations not withstanding, making a thread exploring the warlike underpinnings of Judaic philosophy is our right. Alternative topics and whatnot.

edit on 4-11-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I have to go here because this kind of grinds my gears when I see a Christian do this, but there is only one Book of Revelation. It isn't plural. In any case, moving on.

It is? Why? Because it makes you uncomfortable to have that discussion?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
You are a brave man 3NL1GHT3N3D1, not only taken on the Christians but also the zionist, ouch.

Perhaps people think that I have come to cast peace upon the world. They do not know that I have come to cast conflicts upon the earth: fire, sword, war. For there will be five in a house, there'll be three against two and two against three, father against son and son against father, and they will stand alone.

Gospel of Thomas.

edit on 4-11-2015 by glend because: spelling

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Back peddling how?

I made clear remarks.

Revelation has no bearing on the religion until the end times.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It is wrong to act as if Christians are believing that revelations tells us anything about what it means to be Christian.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I've met Christians both here and in person that believe all sorts of things about the bible. I think it is wrong to assume that all Christians share a belief like you are suggesting.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Just one person's opinion here but, war is now all but inevitable; unavoidable... pretty much a sure thing.

With the end of the Cold War, the west... ie: Europe and the US, embraced this plan to eliminate all national borders to create a one-world state. To begin the process, we, here in the NATO alliance states, came first.

Unfortunately, it has failed dramatically but it is now, also, too late to repair the damage.
Plan B is to let the US sink into civil war while Europe is simply overrun by people from the Middle East.

China will be the salvation for the wealthy power pockets who are calling the shots.
For the moment, it is the most stable nation on the planet...

This all noted, I truly hope and pray that I am so doggone wrong that I will owe this keyboard an apology someday, sooner rather than later...

Have a nice day

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Lies credit our intelligence and intentions too much, as if we're in control. I think it's a mistake to assume we have control enough to be so devious. I think it's simply fallibility. We're flawed creatures. We do dumb things and don't know we're being dumb. I'm not dismissing lying. Lying is probably the most common (unliked) activity. Yet I think lying isn't fundamental enough. It's too much cream. I feel we as actors fall far short of the mythical characters we create (and impersonate) to symbolize evil and good. And so lying is like the branches on a tree. Fallibility is its roots.

Evil is a fundamental force. It's similar or the same thing as decay or unpredictability. We oppose it to survive. Goodness is payment to the forces of evil. WE pay 'them' and they bow out. New ones come online.

Evil and fallibility may be interchangeable terms or at least cousins.

So that's somewhat how I see it. It's a mixed bag. I really am not impressed with the oohs and awws in the crowd when the hero or the villain plays a scene. What I see is a sh**storm with unpredictable outcomes. All the world is yarnish--which can't be untangled--cast onto the broken surface of varying size and shape in a violent constant turning fluid. Possibly an epic tale. So it's like all is together and yet all is mangled and apart.
edit on 11/4/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I've met Christians both here and in person that believe all sorts of things about the bible. I think it is wrong to assume that all Christians share a belief like you are suggesting.

If they believe in love for one another then they are what I consider "Christian" and if they believe in war for each other then they are not of Jesus.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I've met a bunch of Christians who say they are for love for each other yet their actions show anything but that.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I've met a bunch of Christians who say they are for love for each other yet their actions show anything but that.

and that would still be different than what I am saying.
everyone sins.
it is what is in your heart that counts and yes some hide behind that

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
thou shalt not kill

why ignore that big one?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpLateWakingUp

I would like to throw out there that I think the bible was written only by man because there is no information in it beyond the imagination and current knowledge of man at that time . A wrong assumption? Meaning, where is the divine knowledge that could have been given , that man could not possibly have authorized.
that I'm not sure about. There are a lot of parts of the bible that seem like nonsense and contradict other parts. But perhaps it only seems that way because God is so complex we can't understand it? The thing they made up later, the trinity, where god is 3 different things at the same time, seems like nonsense and was just put in to please pagans that liked numbers. But perhaps that is just me not understanding.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Isurrender73

But it says obey authority whether it's the emperor or governor, giving the "authorities" personhood. A piece of paper is not a person.

It's clearly talking about people, not ideals.
Jesus didn't obey authority . . . so why do other parts of the bible contradict what Jesus said and did? Good question.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join