It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We Try To Prevent War? The Bible Says No

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Obeying Authorities

What is the one thing those who wage war want most from the people? Complacency. They do not want us to rise up en masse and oppose their wars, otherwise the people would finally see their true motives.

The first casualty of war is truth, meaning the decision to go to war is usually predicated on a lie. We saw this when we went to Vietnam and the Gulf of Tonkin, we saw it with the Iraq War and the WMD's that were never found, and if you believe 9/11 was an inside job (which in my opinion it obviously was) then the war in Afghanistan was also predicated on a lie. Those are just a few examples, there are more.

So what does the bible say about those in authority, those who are waging these wars for profit?

1 Peter 2
13 Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, 14 or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right.

It tells us to obey all human authority, that includes the police, the town mayor, your states' governor, and all the way up to your president or king/queen.

Romans 13
1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

It also says that the authorities only punish those who do wrong. Can we say this about our authorities in today's world or even in the day that these two passages were written? No, we can't. The authorities have ALWAYS abused their powers, it's apparent today more than ever before, but it has always been just as bad if not worse.

How can the bible say this? It's so obvious that the authorities do overwhelmingly bad things and have for quite some time, even while and before these passages were being written. Some argue that it's only talking about the model authorities, those who do good instead of bad, but I do not see anything differentiating a good authority from a bad authority in these passages, I only seeing them saying all authorities are God's servants, ALL of them.

War Prophecies

Not only are Christians to obey authorities because they are God's servants, but the bible also says there are some prerequisites for Jesus' return, and one of them is war and another is a false peace offering.

Revelation 6
3 When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” 4 Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make people kill each other. To him was given a large sword.

One of the four horseman represents war, a prerequisite for Jesus to return. What have we been doing for all of recorded history? Warred with one another, so it seems as though the horsemen have been out for a while now, even before the bible.

Revelation 17
14 They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings--and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.

It says in reference to the 10 kings that they will wage war on the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph. This means a war is required for Jesus to eventually triumph.

And with the false peace treaty, people have been taught not to accept peace because it's a deception.

Complacency Toward War

With these two concepts (obeying all authority and war) that the bible promotes, we can come into an issue. If we believe that war is required for something good to happen, why would we try to stop the war when it would prevent the good thing or best thing ever from happening? This is what we call complacency, ignoring issues because you are too comfortable to get up and solve them.

What have we been doing for thousands of years now? Fighting wars. What have people been predicting their war would bring throughout history? Jesus' return. People have been screaming the end is nigh for a while now, because they saw war happening around them and thought it was Jesus coming back. Why would people want to stop that? It's like the best thing that will ever happen according to their church authorities.

Israel

According to many Christians today, Israel's reestablishment after WW2 was a fulfillment of this prophecy by Ezekiel:

Ezekiel 36
24 For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. 28 Then you will live in the land I gave your ancestors; you will be my people, and I will be your God.

So what we get are people who will support Israel no matter what their actions are. Like the bible says, they're God's chosen people and are part of his will. Why NOT send billions of dollars to their aid? America sends $3.15 billion in aid to Israel every year and has only risen over time. There is no issue with that because they're God's chosen people, but God forbid people in our own country get universal healthcare.

With all the things happening around Israel in the Middle East, wars that were predicated on lies, Christians in America believe we should be there helping poor little Israel fight their wars for them. Why? Because the bible says they're God's chosen people and their wars are not based on lies, they only do God's will and are his servants.

This is to ignore that the Zionist Jews who occupy Israel today have no genetic link to Abraham or any of the Israelites in the OT. Revelation mentions Jews who are not really Jews, I think today's Israel is what this is referring to, they are the fake Jews.

(continued...)
edit on 11/3/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Holy Wars

Who has the most stakes in the biblical prophecies being fulfilled? Israel, they are central to the entire prophecy. So why is America giving them so much money? I believe it is to fund wars that seem to follow those prophecies. The playbook is right there to be read and has been for two thousand years now. All they need is money in order to fabricate these events to make it seem as though the prophecy is coming true and Jesus is about to return. This has been the game plan for thousands of years now and people have been buying it.

Like the bible says: the authorities are God's servants and you should obey them because the wars they wage will allow Jesus to return. This causes complacency to war. It is basically a free ticket for those in power to wage war perpetually as long as they convince the people it is righteous and then clothe it in biblical prophecy.

It's my opinion that Christians want the war in the Middle East to happen because it will herald Jesus' return, the same trick people have been falling for for thousands of years now. They all believed their war was THE war. As we know, no one knows the time, so we are perpetually waiting for the war to happen, hoping that THIS one is THE one, then the war passes with another looming on the horizon which might be THE one.

Israel putting themselves right in the middle of everything was all part of the plan. They wanted conflict, they wanted to fulfill the prophecy so that they could profit off of the wars that are vaguely clothed in biblical prophecy. All the while, those who support the war either actively or passively are none the wiser. Their judgement is clouded by the thought of prophecy being fulfilled in THEIR lifetime and Jesus coming back to fix everything for them and start their eternal life. It has worked flawlessly up to this point. It's even gotten to the point where those who are against Israel are called antisemitic and on par with Hitler. The propaganda has brainwashed millions of people into supporting an unjust war and nation.

Conclusion

People have been sitting on their hands for too long now hoping that war will save us. It has allowed those in power to destroy Earth and commit genocide after genocide. I think it's high time we woke up to the deception of the biblical prophecies and their endorsement on war and complacency. It is only aiding those in power who want to wage war perpetually.

Why was Christianity a central reason for Rome's transition into the even more powerful Byzantine Empire? Because its book is a war manifesto conjured up by those in power to make the peasants complacent toward their wars and genocides. Only we can make this world a better place, no one is going to fix it for us. If we continue to sit on our hands waiting for things to be fixed for us, we won't be here much longer.

Jesus isn't coming back, that's only an excuse for those who wage war to keep fighting them. The authorities are not God's servants, and if they are then God is sadistic. So let's go ahead and realize that the bible endorses those in power waging war indefinitely, something those in power are just fine with.

Thanks for reading.

edit on 11/3/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Absolutely agree with that. The Bible was written by men, the victors write the history, they are the ones that filled the bible with passages about obeying the world authorities.

Glad you see through that, too.

In adding, we can only contribute or oppose the wars on our own individual level. It is our little responsibility how we behave, not how others do.

Be the change you want to see.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I would like to throw out there that I think the bible was written only by man because there is no information in it beyond the imagination and current knowledge of man at that time . A wrong assumption? Meaning, where is the divine knowledge that could have been given , that man could not possibly have authorized.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
There is always that choice, you cannot force a war, if no one wants to fight. A war is a necessity wheneverything else fails.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: UpLateWakingUp

I would like to throw out there that I think the bible was written only by man because there is no information in it beyond the imagination and current knowledge of man at that time .

Like most texts written by the powers that be, there is some truth mixed in to all of them.

I agree, that people have knowledge (more accurately wisdom) beyond worldly understanding, everyone does. Through the conduit of our souls. Everyone has one of those.

Thats how people that know the truth find it out. Not of books or men, but from and through within.

Edit: From the spirit.
edit on 3-11-2015 by intrptr because: edit:

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

In the US the Constitution is the Authority. In the world the Geneva Convention is the authority.

If elected representatives are not following the law, which is the authority, we have the right to prosecute them and stop them.

Our leaders are elected officials. I am the government just as much as they are in the USA.

And yes everyone, including our elected representatives, should obey the Constitution, state and federal laws or they are likely to be punished with a prison sentence.

These quotes don't really correlate to a government of the people, by the people, for the people. Every American is under the authority of the Constitution, which is why Edward Snowden is not a law breaker but our elected representatives are.

Edward Snowden is part of the government in the USA and he informed the rest of the government that a handful of traitors were violating the Constitution and they continue to do so.

So we who are the government should be demanding that the traitors to the Constitution be punished to the full extent of the law. And the traitors should fear their government. "We the People "

edit on 3-11-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

But it says obey authority whether it's the emperor or governor, giving the "authorities" personhood. A piece of paper is not a person.

It's clearly talking about people, not ideals.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

this sums up for me why religion is so damn dangerous for the world.

When you think about it, the religious authorities claim some supernatural God exists whom never once that they produced. We all believe them because they get at us as kids and brainwash us. They are clever because along with the demand for complete obeisance, they give a little sweetener about something so precious to each and every one of us - love - e.g. God loves us when we are good.

The whole thing about God is he declared war on us - we are told he kicked out of the garden of Eden, he destroyed our universal communication when he separated us into different factions to war against each other. He we are told created mankind - so he obviously created the people living in Canaan whom he then set up another lot of people to go fight and steal their land. We take these stories as supposedly sacred - they are actually profane.

Its clever because people pray in times of war but I can't help wondering if you took religion out of the world's equation, how much more peaceful the world would be?

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

But it says obey authority whether it's the emperor or governor, giving the "authorities" personhood. A piece of paper is not a person.

The elected representatives who committed treason and international war crimes should fear their government. "We the People should be feared".

I am the government.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

So go to Washington and present a bill and pass it. If you can't do that then you have authorities who are over you still. If the authorities pass a bill, it is God's will because they were instituted by God. That is what these passages heavily imply. If you rebel against the authorities, those who pass the bills and laws, then you will be brought into God's judgement.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Modern bible is corrupt in every way to support the corrupt western lifestyles just like the Quran being rewritten by corrupt Muslims. Those who follow the book without knowledge of goodness are the real zombies.

We do not even have emperors these days. It was probably rewritten during the Roman Era where there were Emperors.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just like Rome, it fell to ashes due to corrupt Emperors and Governors.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

So go to Washington and present a bill and pass it. If you can't do that then you have authorities who are over you still. If the authorities pass a bill, it is God's will because they were instituted by God. That is what these passages heavily imply. If you rebel against the authorities, those who pass the bills and laws, then you will be brought into God's judgement.

You have a habit of taking scriptures too literal at times. I was trying to show you there are other ways to understand the point of the scripture you quoted.

Jesus said follow the current laws of your land and new laws that are implemented by your leaders. Which is a good recommendation.

He did say the leaders are under God's authority. But in the OT YWHW raised up Pharoh to demonstrate his authority to Isreal. In Revelation God said he would raise up Babylon and then tear them down. We are waiting for God to bring down the current power structure in the world.

He used a man to bring down Pharoh, and he will use 144,000 men/women to bring down Babylon.

Back to the USA.

There was no law repealing the 4th amendment so our leaders are traitors. If they would have actually repealed the 4th amendment then we should give up our privacy, of course the people will never allow this.

I pray that God will allow me to be a part of his 144,000. I am tired of Babylon.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

All three desert religions are totally corrupt and written by the equivalent of a corrupt set of politically minded men determined to rule over the people. Many of these individuals assessed full well they would never be elected freely so they went down the religious root and the use of the religious 'weird smock and separate lifestyle in order to get themselves noticed and importantly obeyed.

We can't even be sure Christ as he is portrayed actually existed or whether he was a gnostic preaching a different message altogether about his personal deity etc but its interesting that he claimed not to want to change the law. However, he must being a Rabbi himself, have known that the Babylon Talmud taught Jews a very different message from the one he was putting out plus he lived at a time when the romans were ruling Israel which meant the Jews had lost the war in any case. Something very difficult to absorb when you think you are the chosen and God gives you ordained rights over other people and then you find you do not run your own affairs, Rome does.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Bravo bravo!!
Great OP 3NL1GHT3N3D1, thank you for that.

Believers in the apocalypse are plain dangerous because either they work towards it or they do nothing to stop it. The Bible as been a manipulation tool long overdue that even Jesus would be ashamed of it all.

Most of the worst atrocities have been committed by people following orders.
edit on 3-11-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The problem people seem to forget, a specially christians (i used to be one) is that they take the bible FAR too seriously and take it literally and for fact! The bible is written by man, man is falable and imperfect. The books we now read in the new testement was fabricated by the roman church and many books and gospels were burned and destroyed. If any serious christian would take these facts on board they might mature and grow spiritualy like i have and without man made holy books and religions. I think many christians dont want to beleive the facts because their whole world will come crashing down and their faith when being tested will crumble.
Dont get me wrong their are things to be learned from the bible and the new testement a specially is a guide for bettering oneself but thats as far as ill go with it. I dont need religion, a book or a church to pray to god. I can pray to god 24/7 anywhere i like.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Holy Wars

Why was Christianity a central reason for Rome's transition into the even more powerful Byzantine Empire? Because its book is a war manifesto conjured up by those in power to make the peasants complacent toward their wars and genocides. Only we can make this world a better place, no one is going to fix it for us.

A good observation. Has there been a more destructive religion than Christianity?

It's acceptance by a certain Emporer seems an unlikely story to begin with. Not the least because we owe much of it to "Eusebius". Constantine "the great" was unlikely to have been that, as much as as shrewd and unscrupulous, with a lust for power. Also doubtful he was really a Christian, no doubt he saw it's usefulness in his struggles to take over the empire. A similar usefulness that many have found for it since...and continue to do.

Interesting that his arch, dedicated to the event that prompted his (supposed) conversion, doesn't seem to have any Christian symbols/ iconography. Though it does have very obvious Pagan/Mithraic references. Coinage struck well after this also has dedication to the "invincible sun" (sol invictus) with images of it on the reverse.

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1Jesus isn't coming back, that's only an excuse for those who wage war to keep fighting them. The authorities are not God's servants, and if they are then God is sadistic. So let's go ahead and realize that the bible endorses those in power waging war indefinitely, something those in power are just fine with.

Thanks for reading.

Nothing puts this into context better than a conversation between a John Frum "wiseman" and a US tourist on the Pacific island of Tana.

US tourist- "Don't you think it's a bit silly to be expecting John Frum to return after so long (70 yrs or so)?"

JF Believer- "No. He is our saviour. You Christians have been waiting for 2,000 years and you still haven't given up hope."

I wonder, if there is a god, why people don't seek a more direct and personal relationship. Rather than relying on the books of an ignorant ancient people, that we know in large part at least, simply isn't true.

A good read and a good thread op.

edit on 4-11-2015 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

The Bible isn't a real account of anything -- it's made up by people.

Why would anyone want to use that horrible, cruel, bigoted piece of fiction as a basis for whether or not people should go to war is beyond me.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

The elected representatives who committed treason and international war crimes should fear their government. "We the People should be feared".

I am the government.

This would be true if we lived in a democracy, but we don't. We the people really only applies to voting, the people don't actually decide anything of relevance.
edit on 11 4 15 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Jesus is supposed to succeed where hitler failed. A global xenocide of the "unworthy". So hitler was hunted down like an animal but all hail Jehovah's reich?
edit on 4-11-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join