It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We Try To Prevent War? The Bible Says No

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Let me rephrase that. I've met very few Christians, both online and offline, who meet your criteria of what it means to be a Christian. I also don't think that "what's in your heart" cuts it when you say that you are for loving others. To me that just reads as lip service. You SAY you are for loving, even in your heart, but with no actions done towards it, it is all just a bunch of noise. Not to mention, no one but you knows what you believe "in your heart". So saying such things is a distraction.

edit on 4-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Didn't see anywhere in the OP where it's quoted in the New Testament that it says Christians should not try to prevent war. All I saw was a spiderweb of opinions and reaching in same crazy attempt to justify some random thought.

Now if said Islam I think you'd have a much better chance at showing how that religion encourages and justifies wars.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Let me rephrase that. I've met very few Christians, both online and offline, who meet your criteria of what it means to be a Christian. I also don't think that "what's in your heart" cuts it when you say that you are for loving others. To me that just reads as lip service. You SAY you are for loving, even in your heart, but with no actions done towards it, it is all just a bunch of noise. Not to mention, no one but you knows what you believe "in your heart". So saying such things is a distraction.

that's the paul vs jesus argument right there and I see you are saying you support Jesus' side on it.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: HorusChrist

Hey, to be honest, I like Jesus' message. It has helped to shape my worldview, but it is the hypocriticalness of mainstream Christianity that has really soured my opinion of the religion.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't do ALOT of things the bible tells me.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Hey, to be honest, I like Jesus' message. It has helped to shape my worldview, but it is the hypocriticalness of mainstream Christianity that has really soured my opinion of the religion.

It has never made sense to me how if someone tries to verbally point humanity in the right direction of jesus then when that person turns around and sins we then seek to demonize that person as a failure and hypocrite

without those hypocrites around us then the message would never be spoken of.

Even the religious sin and somehow that should negate their desire to be good but it does not.

Sinner or saint please show me the way

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Really tell me of those you judge to be unworthy.

Do you know the hearts of man do you keep track of the deeds of man?

You just get your ears burnt if someone that has sinned before mentions that they want to follow Jesus but often fail along the way.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Neither Paul or Jesus were against someone wanting to do right but failing.

Jesus knew that we were sinners but could read our hearts.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

I've met Christians both here and in person that believe all sorts of things about the bible. I think it is wrong to assume that all Christians share a belief like you are suggesting.

If they believe in love for one another then they are what I consider "Christian" and if they believe in war for each other then they are not of Jesus.

According to the bible, which you subscribe to, Jesus will eventually return to wage war (it's more like a xenocide as I said earlier) on the "unworthy" and instate himself as king of everything. This is an indisputable claim in the bible.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You know, for someone with that SN, you're not very. The Bible basically states that you get what you pay for, and if you 'pay for war,' then that's what you get. Nations that disobey God are usually stomped on by other nations, God raises up whom he will, and brings down whom he will. The nature of God and the theme of the Bible is consistent all the way through, do as He asks, and you get blessed. Prosperity, peace, and all the great joys of this World are laid at your feet. Disobey God, worship heathenistic demonic agents, or blaspheme His name, and you get chastised. Usually with little things at first, leading to nation-ending disasters if you continue. Sometimes the actions of one person can tip the scale one way or the other, sometimes it comes down to the actions of one man or woman for the better or worse. It's about personal responsibility, and national responsibility, intertwined. There's really not a lot of mystery here, but you keep on cherry-picking your message to keep you're ego stroked, and you're peers validated. It's still a free country, until it's not. God bless.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

It doesn't make sense to me either. Since no one can go without sin in this life, if the standard by which we are to hold people who preach the gospel is perfection, then the only one who could ever have done that died for our sins ~2,000 years ago.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

I've met Christians both here and in person that believe all sorts of things about the bible. I think it is wrong to assume that all Christians share a belief like you are suggesting.

If they believe in love for one another then they are what I consider "Christian" and if they believe in war for each other then they are not of Jesus.

According to the bible, which you subscribe to, Jesus will eventually return to wage war (it's more like a xenocide as I said earlier) on the "unworthy" and instate himself as king of everything. This is an indisputable claim in the bible.

Yes, and you've been warned. Never claim that you haven't been. Of course, never mind that if things aren't set to right, no mankind will survive what's going on at that time ... seems the people are doing a bangup job of waging genocide all on their own.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

You have a habit of taking scriptures too literal at times. I was trying to show you there are other ways to understand the point of the scripture you quoted.

This is just how L1ght rolls. However I rarely agree with him. To literal or
completely out of context.

Yep Jesus is coming back to wage war. On evil. To put an end to this
kind of barbarism.

We will no longer be with out our loving Father.
No longer will we be without guidance.
No longer will we all be stuck with the lousy choices of a few.
edit on Rpm110415v10201500000049 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, and you've been warned. Never claim that you haven't been. Of course, never mind that if things aren't set to right, no mankind will survive what's going on at that time ... seems the people are doing a bangup job of waging genocide all on their own.

There's a reason I don't hang garlic over my doors and windows at night.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Jesus is supposed to succeed where hitler failed. A global xenocide of the "unworthy". So hitler was hunted down like an animal but all hail Jehovah's reich?

The Lord's Prayer.

Ein riech,

Ein volk,

Ein Jehova,

Sieg Heil!

lol.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cogito, Ergo Sum

Jesus is supposed to succeed where hitler failed. A global xenocide of the "unworthy". So hitler was hunted down like an animal but all hail Jehovah's reich?

The Lord's Prayer.

Ein riech,

Ein volk,

Ein Jehova,

Sieg Heil!

lol.

Now there's a racy bit of comedy.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Hold fast and have faith that the lord will get us through without war and fighting.

How can you say that when in the Bible, the apparent "God" wipes out mankind through floods, diseases, plagues, etc?

He orders people to kill their children, sends hellfire down on cities, etc.

I would not want to "have faith" in that psychotic maniac. Certainly not someone to take "morality" lessons from at the least, let alone preventative measures for war.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Has he? I haven't ever been warned by anyone with any provable or genuine knowledge of someone (whose name wasn't "Jesus", by the way) coming back to reign supreme.

Besides, who wants that? Someone who forcibly says, "I am your King, all praise me" and wipes out those who do not believe in that?

That's what every dictator in history has done. How awful. Your Jesus mate sounds like a really horrible guy. I'm glad he isn't real and the only a**hole dictators we have to deal with are the real human ones. At least THEY can be killed and don't come back from the dead!

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

It has never made sense to me how if someone tries to verbally point humanity in the right direction of jesus then when that person turns around and sins we then seek to demonize that person as a failure and hypocrite

without those hypocrites around us then the message would never be spoken of.

Even the religious sin and somehow that should negate their desire to be good but it does not.

Sinner or saint please show me the way

I mostly chalk it up to the fact that if the church is supposedly god's house on earth then maybe He should put some effort into making sure it isn't corrupt and hypocritical. Otherwise it is a useless institution.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I'm really talking about Christians who throw stones while living in glass houses. You know, I DO believe that Jesus had something to say about such things...

Sinning is one thing. No one is perfect, but being judgmental of others JUST because you are Christian is where I find the hypocrisy.

edit on 5-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join