It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting into cooking, found this awesome video on eggs!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
gasp!butter!!!

Just sayin'

Only the high quality kind.

One of the first things you learn, after how to cook scrambled eggs, is this style, which I like to serve over toasted/grilled bread.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Custard.

Making me some vanilla custard tonight, actually.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Custard.

Making me some vanilla custard tonight, actually.

I'll take some flan.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

can't get the wife to eat flan. mental block or something. But if i make it more english style....mental block removed and she'll eat it.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

can't get the wife to eat flan.

Same, but with her it is all kinds with the occasional exception of creme brulee.

So whenever I want flan, panna cotta or any other custard we usually have company so I can make some. And she gets ice cream.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It'd be easier if they were more like guys: just wrap it in bacon and fry it...men will eat it.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I love eggs.

What I hate is recipes which call for a bunch of premade and processed stuff - this brand of sauce or spices, cake mix, etc.
I can't get such things here. I had to learn to do everything from scratch.
I remember my first year, and Thanksgiving .... thinking if there's no canned pumpkin pie filling, then there's no way to make pumkin pie.

You get used to it, and with time, realize everything is better made from scratch. Now, when my family asks what they can bring or send to me, I have nothing to ask for. I used to have a long list.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
What I hate is recipes which call for a bunch of premade and processed stuff - this brand of sauce or spices, cake mix, etc.
I can't get such things here. I had to learn to do everything from scratch.

My hero.

I'm coming by you for Turkey Day.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Thanks OP for sharing that video!

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: Ghost147

Eggs are awesome, they're such a versatile food. We eat a lot of eggs in our house.

Here's another super simple dish to prepare with eggs:

Butter up a muffin pan, crack one egg into each muffin cup (however many you want to make), sprinkle on top of each egg some chopped green onions or chives, chopped cooked bacon or ham or crumbled sausage, shredded cheese, salt & pepper or whatever seasonings you want.

Toss it into a 350 degree oven just until the whites have firmed up and the cheese is bubbly golden (if you want a runny yolk), or cook for a bit longer if you want a firmly cooked yolk. Use a butter knife to gently loosen the egg "cups" from each muffin cup.

And just simply serve on buttered toast, or on top of hashbrowns, or on a bbq'd steak, or just by themselves... or whatever your heart desires !

Easy peasy.

This is one of my favorite ways to make eggs. However, I take it one step further, thanks to my Mom. After buttering those cups, line with a piece of BACON!!, then add the egg and "toppings". Bake til you think the bacon is done. Depending on how thick the bacon is, shoot for about 20 minutes, but keep an eye on the bacon. It's done when it's "foamy" (this also applies to fried bacon, by the way...).

Been a while since I made these. Think I might have just made my dinner plans for tomorrow night!

edit on 28-10-2015 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

My hero.

I'm coming by you for Turkey Day.

Well you're certainly welcome!!!
Though I finally figured out pumpkin pie is better made with Butternut squash, and the turkey's are not as big, nor as juicy, so I tend to buy separate turkey parts, to roast together. The visual effect isn't the same though.
Right now I am experimenting a lot with coings, as we've got a ton of them this year. I don't even know what that is called in english. I don't like the traditional pâte de coing, but am finding there's much more ways to enjoy it.

But back to eggs.... I just had a thought - crème brulée, façon pumpkin pie! OMG - what an awesome idea!

ETA- "quince" that's what coings are. Learn a new thing everyday.

edit on 28-10-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
Though I finally figured out pumpkin pie is better made with Butternut squash...

Funny that. Whenever I made pumpkin ravioli at the restaurant I used butternut squash because it tasted more like pumpkin.

...and the turkey's are not as big, nor as juicy, so I tend to buy separate turkey parts, to roast together. The visual effect isn't the same though.

I do have a brined turkey recipe that I use it it is pretty much foolproof.

Right now I am experimenting a lot with coings, as we've got a ton of them this year. I don't even know what that is called in english. I don't like the traditional pâte de coing, but am finding there's much more ways to enjoy it.

Quince. I have made jelly and pudding with them. (I see you found that)

But back to eggs.... I just had a thought - crème brulée, façon pumpkin pie! OMG - what an awesome idea!

I would eat that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join