It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Trump-Carson ticket?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I think it's reprehensible that we allowed much of our manufacturing base to be transferred to a communist dictatorship with no environmental standards and no protection of worker's rights. I refused to buy Chinese goods for many years until that became impossible for me.

Having said that, look at just one example. Walmart is not a company I like but it is not only the U.S.'s biggest retailer, it's the largest company in the world. Just about everything they sell is made in China. If we were to impose an import tariff now it would cause tremendous economic havoc that would effect not just the U.S. but the entire global economy including the stock markets. And it's not like the U.S. could resume manufacturing all those goods. It would take years, assuming that is even what would happen. Not to mention that could very likely trigger a trade war that would greatly effect our existing businesses.

The corporations which to a great extent are actually running things will do everything in their power to stop that from happening and to stop any candidate who is talking about that happening as will the leadership of the Republican party which is very pro-business. For starters, Trump had better not have any skeletons in his closet and I strongly suspect that's not the case. (Though he has seemed bullet proof so far.)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

I see it as more of a last resort, rather some campaign commitment.

All the points you make are valid. That's the problem with the system.

Any significant change has a down-side. One that is promoted as the 'reason' why not. I'd like an incremental implementation of a tariff. It could be based on environmental scales, wage equity issues, so on.

It would say have a 10% initial start with a 6 month heads up/warning. Some of those products will then be competitive from local producers. The wally's world types can now purchase from local manufacturers...on an incremental basis.

Revenues from the tariff can be used to subsidize those industries negatively effected by retaliatory tariffs. Be it for re-tooling or direct subsidy.

International Corporations originally based as 'American' could suffer lesser or even exempt status from those tariffs.

Increase the tariff incrementally, based on retaliation and American capacity to resume as the suppliers.

Yep, there's down-side. Especially internationally. I say so what??

No action, no risks, no gain....no recovery. There will be a price to be paid if even partial recovery is the goal.

Off topic, I suppose, but someone needs to stir the pot.....

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Trump has such a huge ego, I'd actually think he'd have a hard time finding a running mate.

He'd want a VP he could dictate to, not someone who's sage advice and council he would listen to.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Not feasible imo. IF Trump could get the Republican nomination and that's a BIG if, he wouldn't resonate with the majority of Americans. He has a solid base in his demographic but those outside would run the other way. Including Centrists and they are the ones that decide elections.

As more candidates drop out, Trump loses his lead. The thing is that only far righties support him now, and only far righties will.

While they appear large in number (they're about 25 - 30% of the GOP) at his rallies, they are also the loudest voices in the room.

As the pack thins, more reasonable Republicans will flock to the more mainstream candidates, and the likes of Trump will fall to the bottom. Trump is already maxed out on his appeal to his base, and won't pickup more support as other candidates drop out. The one exception is Ted Cruz, who has said he'll never drop out. Which likely means that if Ted Cruz can keep his campaign financed, the TEA PARTY vote will be split among Trump and Cruz until one or the other drops out.

At which point some of the more main stream candidates will probably have already overtaken Trump as the likely choice.

I'm guessing the last few standing will be Rubio, Cruz, Trump and Carson. Most of the others will drop out of the race once the IOWA and NEW HAMPSHIRE votes take place, if they last that long.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

I agree on the ego part. Yet any successful businessman....politician for that matter, suffers from similar weaknesses.

Do not underestimate him, I believe he's smart enough to know he doesn't know everything.

Who's ego is bigger? Obama's or Trumps?.....

edit on 24-10-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I agree on the ego part. Yet any successful businessman....politician for that matter, suffers from similar weaknesses.

Many, not all. As for Trump: it's hard to know how much is or is not an act but you have to wonder if he might have Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I agree. Tentatively. All bets might be off this cycle but typically Republican voters ultimately make the cautious, mainstream choice. You have to go back to Reagan or Goldwater for the exceptions to that.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

a reply to: Dman7543

OK. Got your 'vote' for Trump. What about his running mate? Any feed-back from the NE on that point or has it even come up?

I think it will be Cruz. They've played nice and it would be an excellent counter balance if they won together. If not I'm hoping Cruz or Carson wins the nomination. For the love of God no Bush and his establishment friends

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
On Brietbart's daily poll, Cruz is far ahead of Carson, anyway. That one, I trust.

And that could be the HUGE part of the problem. The lack of critical thinking.

In what area? The differing polls? Some of the results?

Not sure what you meant there.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
So this is what has come down to in the Republican Party eh?

Carson, Cruz, or Trump

Yikes!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

a reply to: intrepid

I think you underestimate the degree that the Republican base is pissed off with the party establishment.

Oh no. I know how pissed they are. It's just that they are entrenched not only in the party but in the machine. That old saying, "You can't beat City Hall." Maybe this is what's needed to blow that crap out of the party. But how can that happen with all the infighting?

The GOP NEEDS to be ripped apart, it has become a cesspool of RINO's, favors, favorites and disconnect from their conservative constituency.......

If they cannot get their crap together, then exactly what we need is for them to learn a lesson.......

Sounds harsh, but its clear that they are out of touch, and out of step

Now that's what you don't get.

www.youtube.com...

Watch to the end, this movie served as an early cellular ad. To the very end. Hear the last thing that Billy says.

Just think of Nicole Kidman as 'The Constitution'. The 'Police', in this case, would be the alleged Constitutional Republican Party sellouts.

# 534

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I think you underestimate the degree that the Republican base is pissed off with the party establishment.

Oh no. I know how pissed they are. It's just that they are entrenched not only in the party but in the machine. That old saying, "You can't beat City Hall." Maybe this is what's needed to blow that crap out of the party. But how can that happen with all the infighting?

The GOP NEEDS to be ripped apart, it has become a cesspool of RINO's, favors, favorites and disconnect from their conservative constituency.......

If they cannot get their crap together, then exactly what we need is for them to learn a lesson.......

www.youtube.com...

Watch to the end, this movie served as an early breakout cellular phone marketing rollout. There are dozens. Hundreds.

To the very end. Hear the last thing that Billy says.

Just think of Nicole Kidman as 'The Constitution'. The 'Police', in this case, would be the alleged Constitutional Republican Party sellouts.

# 534

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Watch to the end. This movie served as an early cellular phone marketing rollout. There are dozens. Hundreds.

To the very end. 1 minute 48 seconds. Hear the last thing that Billy says.

Just think of Kathleen Quinlan as 'The Constitution'. Matching drapes and carpets about to be stripped down for review by who knows who?

The 'Police', in this case, would be the alleged Constitutional Republican Party sellouts.

Someone wants it that way.

# 536

edit on 27-10-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: Nicole Kidman?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The dynamics with the VP choice is which combination will get elected. So far in the head-to-head match-ups it seems Carson is the only hope to win the general election in facing against any of the democrat front-runners. Trump is a more divisive figure that seems to have more of a ceiling on his general appeal with smaller net favorability, and Carson will pull in more left leaners as he is top among women and is black so democrats will struggle against him.

Trump almost gives me the impression that he would choose one of his own business colleges as VP almost like a managing director of a company. If Trump was going to play politics then he would probably want to choose Cruz first as VP but ultimately reluctantly choose Carson as Carson will give him the best chance to win the general election as even though Hillary is a criminal disaster, Trump would not beat her on his own.

Carson likewise would choose Trump only reluctantly if he needed to in order to win the general election or Trump showed himself to play ball more and work hard for the President behind the scenes to get outcomes rather than needing the applause of being front of stage.

As Carson is an Adventist and constitutionalist he would most gravitate towards Rand Paul because Adventist generally see Libertarian ideals as their preference or Ted Cruz. Carson would be fairly antiwar just like Trump so they have that in common. Carson would therefore definitely rule out war promoting interventionists like Rubio, Fiorina, Bush. Adventist's also hold that Israel does not have any special role left in Bible prophecy and therefore should not be treated anything special above anyone else. Carson seems to be a little more sympathetic to Israel than I would have expected him to be but if is Adventism comes into play then he would unlikely choose VP that have some special vendetta against Iran for Israel (Cruz, Huckabee, perhaps others). Also Carson would be very reluctant to put in any Roman Catholic as his VP as he would fear that the Establishment would assassinate him and have a Vatican loyalist take over which is unacceptable to Adventists (so that rules out Rubio, Bush, Pataki, Christie).

Carson would be hoping that he gets elected for the GOP and Trump goes down much further as Carson would not want Trump around to embarrass his Presidency with loose remarks constantly. Adventist's are generally against being involved with politics but if they do they want it to count and not tarnish the reputation of Adventist (because their end-times prophecy is all about the rest of the world listening to Adventists explain the final test and to follow them thus anything than causes people to be turned off from them like a bad reputation or language will be cut ...so Trump is not a natural fit for Carson but a reluctant choice only he is absolutely needed and few other options exist).

Carson therefore most likely to choose Cruz VP.

Trump 60% chance to choose Carson VP and 40% chance Cruz.

---------------------------------
As Huckabee, Fiorina and Rand Paul drop out of the race I see a lot of their votes going to Carson mostly above anyone else. Trumps mannerism and talk I think will continue to get on people's nerves and he will loose focus and Carson continues to match him in and surpass him in some more national polls of the next month ahead and gains closer in some other states beyond Iowa.

Personally I think Carson is dumb on foreign policy and knows little about Russia so would make things more dangerous with Putin unnecessarily. Trump is the best with Russia. On Syria, ISIS and Iran I see Trump, Carson, Rand Paul, Kaisich and Cruz being about as good as each other with no clear insightful leader but at least they are better than Rubio and Fiorina who are like neocons on steroids that even make Bush look good in comparison. Rubio and Fiorina are about as crazy as McCain who is like a rabid dog that needs to be put down for the good of the community.

Trump has pissed of the supporters of Fiorina, Bush, Rand Paul so they will not go to him without trampling upon there own ego. I do not see Trump getting many endorsements. Rubio is the establishment hope now and will get the endorsements mostly.

Carson needs to improve foreign policy, Trumps needs to be less arrogant, thin skinned and poll focused and be a team-player too.

Then any combination of Trump, Carson, Paul and Cruz would make me happy.

edit on 28-10-2015 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JesuitGarlic

Pretty good analysis.

The only reservation I have is placing a wee bit too much on Carson's Adventism. He doesn't strike as locked down to a specific mantra, religiously. There's always different views within each, from what I understand.

I see a balance in him. Not a small town hick who spews back whatever the local pastor's hobby-horse of the day is. Rather an educated man with Christian beliefs.

Who knows?

Here's hoping we find out.....

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Carson is nice and pragmatic. He does not want to hurt people's feelings and be divisive. The Adventist end-time message though is divisive and it is meant to be as the Bible says ''come out of her my people'....and 'they all wondered after the beast'. The Bible thus indicates that essentially most of the people of the world will be led stray by a world power that appears Christian but is really not. Carson believes that SDA is the right church and thus the SDA message is correct but also scripturally accurate. People generally do not become SDAs voluntarily as to be one is to increase inconvenience on ones life by not working on Saturdays, not being involved in professional sport as most sport is on one of the days of the weekend ect...

I have heard Carson speak at my local church here in Australia. I know that he has taught Sabbath school classes. I know that Carson has spoken out against the NWO and the beast's Mark system which Adventist hold to be a distinctly Vatican enterprise which they back up with research.

Carson says he is vegetarian 95% of the time, also distinctly Adventist yet backed up by research.

Carson has spoken of the thought he might get assassinated. Adventist pastor Bill Hughes has written a book called The Secret Terrorists which I am sure Carson is familiar with and it talks on how all over America's previous Presidents were assassinated in plots originating from the Vatican.

Carson is also a 6 literal day Creationist which is also rather distinctively SDA

and he has defended his Creationist view against the top atheists in the world like Richard Dawkins and Daniel Dennet in debates against evolution

At every turn Carson not only follows Adventist ideals but actually can defend the position not with just being his belief but with facts.

Adventist are very focused with understanding prophecy. The concepts of 12 tribes of Israel involving the 144,000 and the war of Gog and Magog are ideas that most Christians would think involves literal Israel and (Persia) Iran. Adventists do not hold that position at all and I am sure Carson would not either and would know it to the extent it would be scripturally illogical.

Carson would also likely hold positions that would seek to remove the power of the FED as a private bank and much of the hidden draconian power of the security state like the CIA. The private owners of the FED are traced back to being Vatican loyalist that seek to destroy America and the CIA is a branch are of the Vatican with all the directors being either Knights of Malta or baptised and educated in Catholic/Jesuit school.

Carson sees America very close to the brink of collapse which means it is very close to leading the world in implementing the Beast's Mark on America and lobbying the rest of the world to do the same (as Adventist's identity the second beast of Rev. 13, the beast from the Earth, to be America). Carson would seek to be President to prevent the Vatican plan against America and the world from succeeding in this generation (it succeeds eventually though) and would put individual liberty and religious liberty high on the agenda.

If Carson is President he will not be surrounding himself with advisers or Supreme Court Justices educated by Jesuits nor are Knights of Malta, Bilderbergers, or Skull and Bones as these people have pledged loyalty to the Vatican. As Trump studied for a time at a Jesuit university that could also rule Trump out from being his VP. (Santorum definitely not going to be Carson VP as he is Knight of Malta)

The Adventist responsibility to protect America from a subversive agenda versus Carson trying to look for the good in people. I know that because of Carson's belief's he is going to also be an ultra patriot of America so that is good, whether he can get things done as well Trump might at the beginning is another story and I hope he gets educated more on Russian instead of swallowing the MSM BS against Putin (as the msm wants to destroy Orthodox Christianity and remove Putin from Russian leadership as he is hampering the NWO goals of global subversion).

Adventists do not see their doctrine influenced by merely the hobby of a local pastor. The teaching is logically consistent throughout the entire Bible and is backed up by detailed insights by SDA founders like Ellen White that had 2000 prophet visions in her life and wrote the most literature out of any American author in existence (something like 13 times longer than the entire Bible). Carson vegetarianism is from Ellen White's writings written 150 years ago and now SDAs are the longest living transnational culture in the world. It is SDA fundamental belief that what White wrote was inspired by God. Merely a local SDA pastor talking on understanding Israel or Iran means little because the teachings are founded much deeper than an individual pastors level.

In time as Carson gets comfortable with foreign policy he is likely to treat Iran and Russia better, and treat Saudi, Qatar, Israel, Turkey, Jordan, NATO, and UN worse (and to a lesser extent England and France who are been supportive of terrorist plots in Libya and Syria).

Maybe I am not totally sure on what will happen as I am surprised that Fox owner Rupert Murdoch is supporting Carson as Murdoch is a Knight of St. John and would have thought Carson would be different on his 'war on drugs' where most drugs are facilitated by the CIA and the money laundered in the Vatican Bank then used to finance clandestine black operations and Gladio terrorism. If Carson was smart we would decriminalize pot drying up the funds for harder drugs and then destroy the CIA narcotics networks (as his war on drugs), that would hamper the Vatican's ability to fund their foreign policy aims.
edit on 29-10-2015 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Youre more likely to see a Trump/Kasich ticket then anything else......

I've been watching Trump's stump speeches. I actually had a hunch he was considering Kasich for VP.
He seemed to mention him by name a lot. That he is a nice guy, did a good job as governor in Ohio, etc.

But then Kasich attacked him at the debate. And Trump's reply after the Lehman Bros comment, about how he used to be a nice guy but then he attacked me because his polls are so low, and "you can have him". Really seemed like Trump was a little pissed like I was considering you for VP but not anymore.

Personally, I think Carson would not be a good VP for Trump. I think Trump will try to pick someone that would balance the ticket. Kasich would have been a good choice. The only way I can see Carson getting the VP nod is if the nomination is really close and goes undecided all the way to the convention, and he has to agree to take Carson as VP to get the Presidential nomination.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I can't speak for everyone on the right, but I couldn't care less who wins the nomination on the left. On second thought, Hillary doesn't resonate with the millennials and has burnt credibility. Either way, a 'decent' ticket from the right has a very good chance of winning.

You're in a dreamworld...

For the left, it isn't even a choice. Hillary beats nearly every GOP contender in nearly every poll, hands down. If you think that they'll choose anyone but Hillary as their candidate, you're just wrong.

Unfortunately, she DOES resonate with the millennials (and it sucks), and you can even see videos of young, stupid voters even agreeing to Sharia law just because it's in the same breath as Hillary by the interviewer. Even the younger ones in my own household were all for her, until I steered them to the issues site that shows each candidate's stances over time. The one issue that did it? Her flip-flop on gay marriage. An issue that is now a moot point! Why the hell do they care she flipped...but that's an illustration of my point. Their kneejerk, default stance was pro-Hillary, and it took education to get them to re-evaluate. For many others, they'll vote with this same default setting, for the first female President. Not to mention, to these same folks, they see Bill as the "coolest" President in recent history, so this trickles down to Hillary also.

It will take EXACTLY the right ticket from the right to beat Hillary, and frankly, I don't think we conservatives have the right pool of candidates to make up this mix. The RNC will never back Trump as their main pony in the race, and Carson becomes more nutball as the weeks go on, with his outrageous statements where religion flies in the face of known science. Eventually, that will leave the RNC with a Bush/Rubio ticket that will seem great for the Hispanic voting block that got Obama in, and kept him there, but will fail when Clinton announces Castro as her running mate.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I have to concur with your logic. As much as I am inclined to remind the people who are trashing Trump how many intellectuals laughed and or dismissed Reagan , only to end with egg on their faces. This isn't 1980 and the American electorate is neither in the majority patriotic and of European descent.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join