It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Trump-Carson ticket?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Uh, the "dole" means "more people I'll have to end up paying for."

You've not managed to debunk anything whatsoever... you simply provided arguments for why you think each of his positions are logical and/or acceptable. It doesn't change the fact that Donal Trump is a Republican In Name Only, it merely demonstrates that you're perfectly fine voting for a RINO. I am not. I believe in the fiscal conservatives and social libertarians that are closer to the traditional Republicans than today's GOP can even dream of being, Trump included.

There is no good choice in this election.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I think you underestimate the degree that the Republican base is pissed off with the party establishment.

Neither Carson nor trump are career politicians and lie outside the quid pro quo loop. This is understood by a never more concerned and therefore self-informed base.

I can't speak for everyone on the right, but I couldn't care less who wins the nomination on the left. On second thought, Hillary doesn't resonate with the millennials and has burnt credibility. Either way, a 'decent' ticket from the right has a very good chance of winning.

It will NOT be Bush. If he wins the nomination, the no-shows from the right on election day assure a Democrat win and a third party launch.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I think you underestimate the degree that the Republican base is pissed off with the party establishment.

Oh no. I know how pissed they are. It's just that they are entrenched not only in the party but in the machine. That old saying, "You can't beat City Hall." Maybe this is what's needed to blow that crap out of the party. But how can that happen with all the infighting?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I'm no expert....obviously. I believe that the key is Paul as Speaker.

If and it's a big if, Paul and the nominee can reach an accord-the speaker does hold huge power in what is presented for passage in the house-then perhaps some things can be righted...cough, cough.

Even the so-called RHINOs aren't stupid. A breaking point has been reached. Political survival instincts, hopefully, kick in and prevent a major spilt and perhaps the end of the Republican Party....not unlike the Whigs the Republicans replaced.

I also believe this is approaching the last chance for the U.S. to remain the U.S..

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Paul Ryan? please god no..........or do you mean Rand Paul, you have to be specific, one is a RINO and ones a conservative constitutionalist with a record of standing for it........

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Oh no. I know how pissed they are. It's just that they are entrenched not only in the party but in the machine. That old saying, "You can't beat City Hall." Maybe this is what's needed to blow that crap out of the party. But how can that happen with all the infighting?

The GOP NEEDS to be ripped apart, it has become a cesspool of RINO's, favors, favorites and disconnect from their conservative constituency.......

If they cannot get their crap together, then exactly what we need is for them to learn a lesson.......

Sounds harsh, but its clear that they are out of touch, and out of step
edit on 10/23/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yep. Yet he received the 'OK' from all three factions.

At the least, it's an improvement over Boehner.....I hope.....

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Paul Ryan? please god no..........or do you mean Rand Paul, you have to be specific, one is a RINO and ones a conservative constitutionalist with a record of standing for it........

Yes, Paul Ryan.

He doesn't have to be super conservative so long as he is someone that will work with everyone ... Dems notwithstanding.

I'd prefer a conservative candidate, but the reality is that with only 1/3 of the voted in the Rep caucus, you know that was never going to happen. Someone that can be reasoned with is the best that can be hooped for at the moment.

If we can deep six the establishment presidential candidates, and Jeb is looking pretty feeble at the moment, then it may signal that the base is something not to be ignored.

You know, until they open the borders and flood us with immigrants who have no idea of what this country is all about who depress the wage floor and sink the middle class to make the rich richer and the business elite ever more firmly in control and give the Democrats and firm voting base in perpetuity.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

For me, Carson on the ticket would be a no-vote. He's got far too many issues, and he's not as honest as he seems, is my take. His position on abortion isn't nearly as strong as he wants people to think, and I flat don't trust him.

On Brietbart's daily poll, Cruz is far ahead of Carson, anyway. That one, I trust.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
On Brietbart's daily poll, Cruz is far ahead of Carson, anyway. That one, I trust.

And that could be the HUGE part of the problem. The lack of critical thinking.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Thoughts? Sounds like a combination of Elmer Gantry and the black version of Mr. Rodgers to me. Neither one is qualified to be POTUS.

After the current administration, the question of qualifications is a non-starter.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
A lot of what Trump is talking about would be extremely bad for business. He's also a loose cannon who is making things up as he goes along. Very unpredictable and also bad for business. If it comes down to Trump versus Clinton the entire corporatocracy is going to be in the bag for Clinton. Maybe Trump could overcome that but it doesn't seem likely.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
As an 18 year old in a liberal north eastern state, my caucus vote is for Trump. When you think about it Trump is the only republican candidate who can win the millennial vote. He gets far more talk from young people then any other. It doesn't mean he's the best or the right one, but I think he is the only one who really stands a chance in a general election. And think about it, what of his stances is there to argue with? He's pro deportation and closed borders, he hates the TPP, and wants to bring jobs back to the country. I think if he makes the WH he won't be #ed with and will be more like Putin. Maybe not the smartest or politest but will be respected and will make deals because as he says, deals are people, and the world is dying to make deals

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Not feasible imo. IF Trump could get the Republican nomination and that's a BIG if, he wouldn't resonate with the majority of Americans. He has a solid base in his demographic but those outside would run the other way. Including Centrists and they are the ones that decide elections.

The Trump's camp best bet for the VP slot would be Governor Nikki Haley. Haley is rare in the she is like by the GOP base and isn't a complete loon like Cruz. Haley would be a good choice for the VP slot even if Trump doesn't win his party nomination.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: TonyS

Thoughts? Sounds like a combination of Elmer Gantry and the black version of Mr. Rodgers to me. Neither one is qualified to be POTUS.

After the current administration, the question of qualifications is a non-starter.

I'd forgotten that. You're drop dead correct. And since its all about identity politics, that's why the next POTUS will probably be Hilary. But, at this point, (the horse having passed away), what does it really matter?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Dman7543

OK. Got your 'vote' for Trump. What about his running mate? Any feed-back from the NE on that point or has it even come up?

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Dman7543

What about his running mate?

Probably some hot woman.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
A lot of what Trump is talking about would be extremely bad for business. He's also a loose cannon who is making things up as he goes along. Very unpredictable and also bad for business. If it comes down to Trump versus Clinton the entire corporatocracy is going to be in the bag for Clinton. Maybe Trump could overcome that but it doesn't seem likely.

Unfortunately, what's 'good for business' is no longer always good for America. Witness the TPP.

There are few 'American' Corporations left. The latest splitting their loyalties being Boeing.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

Unfortunately, what's 'good for business' is no longer always good for America. Witness the TPP.

There are few 'American' Corporations left. The latest splitting their loyalties being Boeing.

I'm not disagreeing with you.

My point is that when, for example, Trump talks about stopping Ford from building a factory in Mexico he's threatening globalist free trade philosophy and the corporate interests that the Republicans have always represented (most dems too for that matter, of course.) If, for example, he were to become president and act on his rhetoric about starting a trade war with China, it would be *REALLY* bad for business. If he keeps talking like this there will be tremendous resources aligned against him if the alternative is a centrist, pro-corporate team player like Clinton. Does Trump ultimately have the strength of personality to prevail in that situation? Has his personal and professional life really been vetted sufficiently to survive a campaign like that? My guess is no. Especially considering his huge negative polling. I still can't see him winning the nomination but all bets are off at this point, I guess.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

I see your point. I do not believe a 'trade war' would be bad for business. per say.

It would be bad for some businesses, yet say an import tariff would allow other businesses to fire up or expand.

Bottom line as we import far more manufactured goods than export, I see a net gain in tangling with the Chinese, et al.

As far as Trump would go it would depend on if he, or any other President who is more concerned with the U.S.'s economy rather than the rest of the world's had played out other options first.

If China would 'play ball' and make a 'deal' then Trump would be forced to take more drastic actions....of which I have no problem with...

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join