It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Trump-Carson ticket?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Seeing both are the far and away leaders, at least at this point, would that win the Presidency? I suppose a Carson-Trump ticket can't be discounted either.

Both are outside the political mainstream and the requisite favors 'owed' to the insider's machine. That should resonate with the right-wing of the party. A huge issue that would be resolved within the ranks. (I'm assuming the republican establishment is pragmatic enough to shrug and accept the inevitable...I hope)

Carson strikes as the more cerebral of the two. Trump more the 'doer'. I like Carson more, but his well thought out logic is lost on the majority of this nation....sadly. Trump's rhetoric is often inflammatory yet his brilliance in using social media for exposure/media coverage has to be kept in mind.

I'd say those two in a ticket, while not assured a win, could unite the republican party.

A necessary pre-requisite to winning the election.

Thoughts?
edit on 23-10-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I think that is a strong ticket, and I think Trump would actually seek out and value his VP's input on many things if they were to get elected. It may also give Carson the diplomatic and leadership experience to carry into a run for 2024.

To add, I think Conservatives had better pay close attention to their Congressional races, too. I would hate for a ticket like that to be squelched by a pack of RINOs and lefties.

edit on 23-10-2015 by HighDesertPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think a Trump-Cruz ticket is more likely simply because Cruz would bring back the hardcore conservative voters that don't like Trump.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
My thoughts are NO.... and hell no. Well, you asked.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
My thoughts are NO.... and hell no. Well, you asked.

Nobody asked if you'd vote for them. The thread isn't about that.

The thread is about whether or not the combo would make sense and be competitive.
edit on 10/23/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: HighDesertPatriot

As usual, good points.

This hinges on the establishment wing, I would think. It wouldn't fly unless the gap is sufficiently wide that they're forced into supporting that ticket.

I have to admit, I've been curious about the fact that Walker and Perry haven't endorsed anyone.( or at least any endorsement hasn't received much exposure)

Games are afoot, methinks.

This idea might get traction amongst the grass-roots....

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

OK. I think at this point it would take a Superman/Batman ticket to turn around the GOP.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
First off, there is no way Trump and Cruz would be on a ticket together, Trump is far too progressive and Cruz is a strict constitutionalist...

Youre not going to see a Trump/Carson ticket either, Carson is way too methodical and constitutional himself.......

Youre more likely to see a Trump/Kasich ticket then anything else......

Trump is a progressive, plain and simple.....

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I like Cruz, yet the numbers aren't there, so far.

He's been stuck as the lone honest man in the senate and suffers for it. He's positioned with one foot in the presidential camp and one foot in the activist genre.

Just a guess though.

A Cabinet position, at the least!

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I think the progressives would refute that, but I see where you are coming from.

This part not aimed at you Man, but if anyone thinks trump wants anything but a yes man as a VP I think they are sadly mistaken.

I do think the premise of Trump/Carson would be competitive, based on how they are polling, but don't think it would ever happen.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I like Cruz, yet the numbers aren't there, so far.

He's been stuck as the lone honest man in the senate and suffers for it. He's positioned with one foot in the presidential camp and one foot in the activist genre.

Just a guess though.

A Cabinet position, at the least!

The VP pick is typically not the person in second place...

Carson and Trump have very similar support bases. They're both outsiders who aren't really hardcore conservative. Most people who are currently choosing Carson would switch to Trump and vice versa.

A proper strategy for the VP pick is to get the people who would stay at home if their option was Carson, Trump, or both. A Trump/Cruz ticket would accomplish that. The vast majority of Repub voters who hate Trump are fans of Cruz.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

OK. I think at this point it would take a Superman/Batman ticket to turn around the GOP.

And that is why your input is unnecessary in this thread. No offense.

It's like me interrupting a "who should Hillary pick as her VP" thread with "It won't matter cause I won't vote for her and she sucks! Nugent/Budwesier 2016!"
edit on 10/23/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I still believe Dr. Carson will beat out Trump for the Republican nomination. I would like to hope so anyway. I think someone that will get strong consideration for VP regardless of who wins the nomination will be Mitt Romney. I think Romney is already popular among many Republican voters.

I would like to note that I am not saying I like Romney, but I think he will get consideration. I also really like Dr. Carson as a person, but I am not sure he could beat Hilary. I believe Hilary is the ordained one this election cycle. She can survive controversy better than Bill ever could.

A Hilary victory might be the only chance Obama has to look better and not go down in history as the worst President in U.S. history. At least with Hilary we have a real gangster in the White House. I am sure she has more balls than Obama if nothing else.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Why would RINO Trump mind a RINO Congress?

Christ, this is a damn debacle.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'd rather see a Carson/Trump ticket. I can envision Trump causing a war because of his mouth and ego. Not that it's a bad thing overall. But being a hot head has no place in diplomatic situations. Carson and Trump would definitely compliment one another though.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
First off, there is no way Trump and Cruz would be on a ticket together, Trump is far too progressive and Cruz is a strict constitutionalist...

Youre not going to see a Trump/Carson ticket either, Carson is way too methodical and constitutional himself.......

Youre more likely to see a Trump/Kasich ticket then anything else......

Trump is a progressive, plain and simple.....

Gonna have to disagree. Trump and Cruz haven't attacked each other in the campaign and they're the only two who've played nice with each other so I feel like some talks have already been underway.

They're just different enough to pull in a huge majority of Republican voters and a portion of the folks in the middle.

Many people, myself included, consider Cruz to be the ideal pick but he doesn't appeal to the masses enough to be the POTUS pick. Trump is a good second choice if you ignore all the endless BS about him. I've heard a lot of hate being slung at Trump without a lot of solid evidence to back it up. He has established an unlikable persona over the years and he's currently having to overcome that.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
I'd rather see a Carson/Trump ticket. I can envision Trump causing a war because of his mouth and ego. Not that it's a bad thing overall. But being a hot head has no place in diplomatic situations. Carson and Trump would definitely compliment one another though.

Trump is quite anti-war, actually. He was against the Iraq and Afghanistan invasions.

Putin has quite the mouth and ego but most of the world respects him when he's not busy trying to take over Ukraine.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Why would RINO Trump mind a RINO Congress?

Christ, this is a damn debacle.

Where's your evidence that Trump is a RINO?

link   

Traditionally speaking, you are spot on.

Maybe I'm in the minority on this one, but, this isn't working out as a traditional evolution, at least so far.

The vast majority of the support for these two are outside the supposed choices of the powers that be in the Republican Party.

The base is fed up.

Could it end up with a 'traditional' result? Sure.

I'm hoping it doesn't. I could be wrong on the ticket choice though....

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I think the progressives would refute that, but I see where you are coming from.

This part not aimed at you Man, but if anyone thinks trump wants anything but a yes man as a VP I think they are sadly mistaken.

I do think the premise of Trump/Carson would be competitive, based on how they are polling, but don't think it would ever happen.

Hes not a progressive I suppose as far left as people like Sanders or Hillary sure, I undesrtand where youre coming from that

But compared to the more conservative people like Cruz, Paul, and Carson, hes farther left......

Im not bashing progressives with that post, just pointing out that his policies learn farther that direction then the ones proposed as a match up here in the OP

Completely agree, which is exactly why I dont think Cruz or Carson would work for him.........

Thanks for the reply

edit on 10/23/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join