It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Canadian Prime Minister Plans to Legalize Marijuana

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Freenrgy2

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:19 I feel for you Canada. This guy is a fruitcake. His father destroyed Canada and now, this moron, is set to do the same.
Another example of how the world's elites are putting up these horrendous puppet leaders to do their bidding. The one world order is not too far off now.

Coming from the country that was governed by good old boy George W. Bush

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it."
"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make. Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."
"I think we agree, the past is over."
Eh!
edit on 23-10-2015 by PsychNurse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I think for those of us in the U.S. it will be nice to see the wind taken from the sails of the Mexican cartels. I would Imagine that the states that are fully legalized and the States that are Medical use only would all be buying from our Northern counterparts to some extent. Mexico really only supplies your garden variety mass grown mediocre strains of the plant to sneak across our borders. I often wonder also how much of their water resources go to this crop to feed the thirst of the American peoples for this plant when (since they are as much in drought as is California) they could be growing food to feed their poor which are coming to our country in droves. Seems very counter productive for the country as a whole (though very lucrative for the crime lords). Canada would (i'm sure) produce much better quality, have the water resources to do so and under regulation it would be a safer alternative since unregulated Mexican M.J. could use any unsafe pesticides and/or fertilizers with no oversight whatsoever. It is a win win for all, even Mexico if they grow a bumper crop that is better suited for their own infrastructure and actually benefits their citizenry.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Honestly I think it was all just campaign talk. I know for a fact that many people I know voted Liberal almost entirely for that reason alone, and we haven't heard much about it from Trudeau ever since.

Maybe it's because I just don't trust "political dynasty" families because they almost always serve their own agendas, but I do hope he doesn't beat around the bush with the topic, almost like Stewie in this episode of Family Guy.

"Oh darn it, I so wanted to legalize marijuana tomorrow at 4!"

edit on 23-10-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: Aleister

Legalize all drugs or at the very minimum, decriminalize them.

That's a horse of a different colour, literally. Many many drugs do serious damage to the human body and to society, and lots of those are legal now with fancy packaging and televised ads with upbeat music and graphics which use half the ad time talking reallyreally fast while listing numerous side effects you wouldn't wish upon your worse enemy. Many of the still illegal ones are just as bad, if not much worse. Yet legalizing marijuana has momentum in the Western world, and it's probably about time for this recent legal phenomena to occur on an even further widespread basis.

Marijuana doesn`t have all of those harmful side effects of the harderdrug. I simply relaxes you and makes you hungry....I`ve heard.

(post by TKDRL removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: misfitofscience

BTW, I am not attacking Colorado' laws whatsoever, I'm just saying Canada is different and we have different laws and the Medical Marijuana coming out of Canada is bar none World Class. reaching THC levels on dried Bud of 30+%, getting CBD levels of 16.96% CBD while only .075% THC. Breakthroughs all around.

We have a system, let's not look elsewhere. We all know there will be problems everywhere for sure. The MMPR works fantastically fine.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: misfitofscience

Wow, that's some ridiculously potent stuff eh..

Man, I can't believe Sweden is so far behind Canada.. we're as liberal as anyone in the Western hemisphere but for some reason we seem to have this morbid fear of marijuana, ridiculous really. I guess we've been inundated with fear about it for decades, and I suppose not sharing a border with rambunctious Americans has had its effect too.

So, the average Canadian really consumes a pound of cannabis each year? That's a hell of a lot..

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
So, the average Canadian really consumes a pound of cannabis each year? That's a hell of a lot..

Average user, perhaps...subtle but important difference!
edit on 26-10-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Aahh, should have figured. It's a lot even at that though, more than a gram each day. I guess it depends on the individual smoking habits though, and whether someone mixes with tobacco and such things etcetera.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
And so it begins.....

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has ordered a major overhaul of Canada's criminal justice system that will put a new focus on restorative justice and hatch a priority plan to regulate and legalize pot.

and

Along with Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale and Health Minister Jane Philpott, Wilson-Raybould will also create a federal-provincial-territorial process that will lead to the legalization and regulation of marijuana.

www.cbc.ca...

Looks like he is doing what he said.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The taxes they will get on that may help alot the budget

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grayarea

As an American, I'm jealous as hell.

You have the mythical politician that actually does what they say

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Don't get too jealous just yet.

All he's doing right now is trying to prove that he's standing by his campaign promises... but he's also going to have to appease to the 'big boys' who sign his paycheque.

Only time will tell whether or not any of this actually ends up coming to fruition.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The government made legalization of marijuana government policy during the Throne Speech:

www.torontosun.com...

It has taken more than 40 years but the government of Canada is finally formally committing to legalizing marijuana.

Gov. Gen. David Johnston delivered the governing priorities of Justin Trudeau's Liberals in the speech from the throne Friday, including a pledge to "legalize, regulate and restrict access to marijuana."

edit on 6-12-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Canada is awesome, and whatever they decide will be for the best.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join