It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Canadian Prime Minister Plans to Legalize Marijuana

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower
Why would anyone buy it anymore if it was legal to grow? Well, I guess the city slickers might, not much room to grow when you live in a closet, I mean apartment

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

True that. But there is more then just weed to sell. There is infused pop, creams, lotions, oils, capsules, candies, chocolate, cookies and seeds just to name a few items.

Your comment could work with alcohol too. I mean you can make your own booze instead of buying it right? It all boils down to how much you want to spend and the convenience factor.

Also its not legal yet and it may take time for it to happen. Im expecting a 6 months - a year before anything happens.
edit on 571015p35721 by snypwsd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This has been coming for a couple of decades. Now do it smartly. Slowly. Get the process set up, weed out the bugs and then go national. I know they want to get their hands on that new tax money but we don't need the antiweed folks to have any ammo. Not to mention the States. Just because there are some states that are OK doesn't mean they all are. Here's a joke from Just for Laughs(Montreal) that is apt. "At any given time 3% of Montreal is American. 18 year olds from New England that can drink here at 18." The last thing we need is attention from below the border.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: snypwsd
True, I know more people that brew than buy it here, because of the stupid government monopoly on alcohol sale. Most people I know that use pot grow their own as well, but shhhhhh that's a secret
Also a huge majority of tobacco users are buying "illegal" tobacco, I mean one pack for $12, or a carton for $30, no contest lol. The government is cutting off it's own nose to spite it's face really :/

edit on Wed, 21 Oct 2015 19:19:48 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
when is oz going to decriminalize for med use,cause NZ says we will follow what you guys are doing on that scene

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

What would the states do? Sanction us? We could just stop shipping power and natural resources down there. It would be a dick move on both sides.

In the end it is what canada wants.... Its What Canadians want and voted for. The states do not dictate our laws as we are our own country and not one of the Usa's territories. We do not want to be like the states which is why we wanted harper out of office. Canada needs to set the standard instead of following in the states footsteps. We are neighbours yes, trading partners yes but this is our choice.

The states can do what they want... As long as Canadians get their marijuana they will be happy lol

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Here's Trudeau debating with a concerned citizen about the MJ issue:

We'll see how this goes.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Aleister

Well, Canada is about to reap the financial benefits of this very up-to-date, reasonable and logical decision.

I mean, why would a government ignore the cash-cow in the room? Folks are going to continue to recreation the hell out of this plant, so it stands to reason that if it becomes legal, businesses can be started that can can profit from it (recreational, textiles, clothing, oils, medical etc etc) then governments can tax it.

and we all know that government loves to tax stuff.

win-win.

There is just one thing, I know for a fact, that the plant is a deprogrammer. Meaning, it gets you into a state where you are re-programmable.

It is a good thing yes, if you are aware that it is a deprogrammer. But what about those who aren't aware?

Im seeing a push from the powers that be with this plant. And meanwhile they are changing the laws on our rights, etc.

The plant is not bad, but I have a feeling if missused, it could have dire consequences, if the person gets "reprogrammed" in the wrong way.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The ONLY reason ..um...a friend of mine....voted for him.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Here in Colorado it's been very successful. Tons of new revenue for the state, many new jobs, fewer non violent offenders and very few, if any, additional crime and health problems. Not quite what Reefer Madness was suggesting would happen.

Plus it's opens the door for the other great cannabis plant, hemp, to be reintroduced so eventually we're not having to import hundreds of millions of dollars of it.

Thing is, it was not that hard for people to get before it was legalized. And I doubt there are many more "new" users. If there was a legitimate health or criminal threat then it would make more sense, but there's just not. It's all unfounded and could probably be said for many other plants and substances.

But its been a very positive step for the state. And it's been a refreshing step of common sense in a world filled with a lot of irational legislation.

I think it's safe to say this "experiment" state has proven they were right in legalizing it.

The drug dealers, black market and private prison shareholders probably don't like it very much, but hey, the good guys get to win sometimes!

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Who cares what gateway ( unprovable hypothesis) it leads to if its less harmful than alcohol (provable).
The evidence imho is overwhelming for legalisation and i find any opinion to the contrary boggling, every argument against it has been scientifically crushed and more and more benefits are being found.
edit on 22-10-2015 by Zngland because: noticed spelling

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Well, now they rightfully booted abbott out as PM, its actually starting to look good for medical cannabis in Australia. Turnbull wants MC to be legally grown here by the end of the year.

Medical cannabis: Turnbull government to introduce law to legalise and license growers

It'll still probably be a long time till we see 'full' legalization though... I suppose we have to wait till the federal US government does it, before its even a possibility.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Even with potential license hoops, it's not just a start -- it's a running start. Watch the US have political convulsions trying to play catch-up with Canada. We do have our own momentum for legalization going, but I bet my left ta-ta it ramps up quickly.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I feel for you Canada. This guy is a fruitcake. His father destroyed Canada and now, this moron, is set to do the same.
Another example of how the world's elites are putting up these horrendous puppet leaders to do their bidding. The one world order is not too far off now.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
I feel for you Canada. This guy is a fruitcake. His father destroyed Canada and now, this moron, is set to do the same.
Another example of how the world's elites are putting up these horrendous puppet leaders to do their bidding. The one world order is not too far off now.

Name-calling is pretty easy. Wanna be a little more specific, policywise?

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I hope this happens way sooner so my ignorant family/peers can see that its not a dangerous drug
The term "legal" will make it appear less harmful which is true anyway

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

If we pass smart laws that tax and strictly regulate marijuana, we can better protect our kids, while preventing millions of dollars from going into the pockets of criminal organizations and street gangs."

That, right there is where it's at IMO...and instead the money will be going back into our pockets..well, eventually. The main point is that criminal gangs and cartels won't be getting their hands on the dough.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

For the same reason people buy tomatoes, apples, oranges and all their other produce.

And don't get too excited for this to happen too quickly. There is a HUGE difference between a "promise" and a "Campaign Promise". And the the Federal Liberals won't do anything until they have the producer-wholesaler-retailer-distributor chain all set-up via the Gov't.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas
I can imagine how much money will be saved on not sending out stupid little light planes all over the place looking for people's pot fields lol. If it gets legalized, I will probably grow a few rows with the rest of my crops, and sell it to the lazy types you spoke of

edit on Thu, 22 Oct 2015 18:53:24 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Until the queen smacks him down.

Do you actually feel the queen of England has any real authority in Canada. That's a dying ritual. Canada is a pool of cultures from around the globe. People are more influenced by Lisa LaFlamme.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join